Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jammal Lord switched to safety and played all of one NFL game.

Marshall played DB in college before Auburn put him at QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Really want this to happen. Julio/Coop and poor old Roddy White gets to take a #3 spot would be the best WR corps ever, and they're all products of the UA system

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dumb question that I have probably asked before, but what is the deal with Senior Bowl teams? Why is Bryce Petty playing for the "North"?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Really want this to happen. Julio/Coop and poor old Roddy White gets to take a #3 spot would be the best WR corps ever, and they're all products of the UA system

Roddy went to UAB.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

Roddy went to UAB.

UAB is part of the UA system.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

UAB is part of the UA system.

Not any more it ain't!

But I see your point, I just don't see a reason to draw that comparison when they didn't play for the same school/football team.

edit: Unless if you're from Alabama, I guess.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

Not any more it ain't!

But I see your point, I just don't see a reason to draw that comparison when they didn't play for the same school/football team.

Yes it is, that's the reason they were able to kill the program! Same board of trustees, etc. Alabama@Huntsville is also part of the UA system.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yep basically UA just wants to be the only college in Alabama with football and they killed the UAB program. It was pretty much entirely due out of spite.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dumb question that I have probably asked before, but what is the deal with Senior Bowl teams? Why is Bryce Petty playing for the "North"?

It's dumb is the easiest answer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Yes it is, that's the reason they were able to kill the program! Same board of trustees, etc. Alabama@Huntsville is also part of the UA system.

I thought they were killing off the entire school, is it just the football team?

Oh wait, was it they're killing off the undergraduate programs and the football team?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I thought they were killing off the entire school, is it just the football team?

Oh wait, was it they're killing off the undergraduate programs and the football team?

they're trying to kill off the undergraduate program, killing the football program is the first step in that process

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

@ConorTOrr
Only in Mobile: "Excuse me, sir, can I see your pass?" Joe Philbin: "I'm the head coach of the Dolphins."

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ozu posted:

lol

@ConorTOrr
Only in Mobile: "Excuse me, sir, can I see your pass?" Joe Philbin: "I'm the head coach of the Dolphins."

I would still want to see his pass

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ozu posted:

lol

@ConorTOrr

I always assumed Joe Philbin was like the Silence from Doctor Who. The minute you look away, you forget he is even there, but once you look at him you are filled with uncontrollable horror.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

lol

@ConorTOrr

I think he meant the pass that the Dolphins ownership keeps giving him

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

:drat:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doltos posted:

:vince:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Scouts are weird

quote:

An AFC scout believes Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly will "mortgage the future to go get" Oregon redshirt junior QB Marcus Mariota in the draft.

"All these teams high in the draft are all going to see the same things on tape with Mariota, and I'll bet he starts to fall on draft day," the scout said. "Once that happens, (Philadelphia Eagles coach) Chip (Kelly) will mortgage the future to go get him. If he misses on him, (Kelly) can just bolt back to college."
If he doesn't draft one player, HE'LL LEAVE THE NFL. i'm a scout

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

Scouts are weird

If he doesn't draft one player, HE'LL LEAVE THE NFL. i'm a scout

*if he misses on him... meaning, if Chip orchestrates an RGIII-type deal to get Mariota and he sucks, then Chip'll leave the NFL.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah I think the implication is that he's willing to risk big because he knows if it blows up and he gets fired he can just go make a billion dollars coaching USC or whatever, but it's not worded especially well.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Is Draft Breakdown the only good place for us plebs to watch organized and edited game film? Or are there other sources you guys like using

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

GNU Order posted:

Is Draft Breakdown the only good place for us plebs to watch organized and edited game film? Or are there other sources you guys like using

I've always used either the gametape that athletes sometimes have on their own websites or primarily youtube. Draft Breakdown is mostly youtube links anyway.

Coaches film is better since it's pretty much all-22 or a high vantage point, but good luck ever finding that unless you're an insider.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Some day we will be able to watch live games from the all-22 cam. Or at least a boy can dream

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Apparently Tyler Lockett is doing great things at the Senior Bowl. I really want the guy to go high, because if anybody deserves to after the body of work they've put in it's him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

Holy poo poo I literally laughed out loud waiting in line. Well done and glad to have you back buddy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Strobe posted:

Apparently Tyler Lockett is doing great things at the Senior Bowl. I really want the guy to go high, because if anybody deserves to after the body of work they've put in it's him.

I want him...badly

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Strobe posted:

My thought is that one of Lockett and Rashaad Green will be there by the Ravens 3rd round pick because the league over values measurables, so one of those two at that spot would be amazing. Hell, I'd probably be happy with Lockett in the second.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I want Kansas City to draft Lockett in the second. Or first, if he really impresses the gently caress out of everyone at the combine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lockett has huge break out poetential but the Ravens have too much of a need at corner and reliable third down target for me to want him in the 1st. Right now my hopes are Jaelen Strong, Todd Gurley, and Maxx Williams in that order.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
scouts are super impressed with vince mayle, might go closer to the 5th than the 7th is reports are true. would be cool if the hawks grabbed him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lockett is a good WR so I don't know that it is even possible for the Ravens to draft him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets scouts have apparently spent a ton of time with Phillip Dorsett at the Senior Bowl. I guess that doesn't mean much in itself other than he's the guy people are pegging to run the fastest as the Combine.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I've watched a decent bit of Lockett and he reminds me a decent bit of Antonio Brown

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lockett is a good WR so I don't know that it is even possible for the Ravens to draft him.

Come on man, words can hurt.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Come on man, words can hurt.

The Ravens don't need to draft wrs because they will just take all the good titans, so next offseason you guys will take wright like you did mason

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wish that were so. We could have really Kenny Britt this year.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I wish that were so. We could have really Kenny Britt this year.

Back the gently caress off Kenny plz

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The Baylor qb doesn't look very good in the senior bowl

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
To the surprise of nobody who's been paying attention, Bryce Petty sucks.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Ameer Abdullah had 61 A-P yards in the first quarter, that's pretty cool. That said, I figure he has to get drafted by the right team to be successful. I'd love to see him under Kelly in Philly if there's room for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

this the thread for senior bowl?

• Locked thread