Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

everyone please buy kid icarus uprising while it is on sale and then play multiplayer with me tia

I'm gonna buy it and let the multiplayer connect, then drop after 2 seconds so you never get a full game ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

everyone please buy kid icarus uprising while it is on sale and then play multiplayer with me tia

no

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I bought it and turned on its StreetPass feature but I haven't actually played it all since. Too many games getting in the way. I've got like thirty weapons waiting to be checked out. But it's definitely next after SMTIV!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm also playing through SMTIV after that Euro eShop discount.

I thought I was going to hate this, but it is pretty enjoyable so far.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No noteworthy retail releases this week... the wait continues. Japan got Legend of Legacy and it seems it might not suck, so that's something.

On the eShop this week: Gunman Clive 2, now featuring panda mounts! It'll be out in both regions for $3 or equivalent. NA is also (finally!) getting Shadow of the Ninja (NES) on the VC, a game that was sorta-remade for Game Boy as Ninja Gaiden Shadow. It's fun!

NA dudes, your newest Club Nintendo digital rewards include Donkey Kong '94 (Game Boy), Wario Land 2 (GBC), The Legend of Zelda (NES) and Super Mario Land (Game Boy).

Theme watch: 8-bit Balloon Fight, Metroid, Zelda and Fire Mario.

quote:

3DS
    Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - out now! (NA) / "early 2015" (PAL)
    Ultimate NES Remix - out now! (everywhere)
    Tetris Ultimate - out now! (everywhere)
    Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal - out now! (NA*) / out now! (PAL*)
    Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - out now (NA/PAL)
    Pokemon Alpha Ruby / Omega Sapphire - out now! (everywhere)
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - out now! (everywhere)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - February 13 (NA/PAL)
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - February 13 (NA/PAL)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ - February 13 (NA) / "February" (PAL)
    Story of Seasons - March 10 (NA) / TBA (PAL)
    Codename S.T.E.A.M. - March 13 (NA) / May 15 (PAL)
    Fossil Fighters: Frontier - March 20 (NA) / TBA (PAL)
    Xenoblade (New 3DS) - April 2 (PAL) / "April" (NA)
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon - April 7 (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - May 26 (NA) / May 29 (PAL)
    Puzzle & Dragons z / Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. - "May" (NA/PAL)
    Devil Survivor 2: Break Record - "early 2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Lords of Magna - "2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    The Latest In The Fire Emblem Series - TBC (everywhere)

*demo available
3DS eSHOP SOFTWARE
    Gunman Clive 2 - January 29 (NA/PAL)
    KORG DSN-12 - out now! (everywhere)
    Shovel Knight - out now! (everywhere)
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - out now! (NA) / February 5 (PAL)
    Azure Striker Gunvolt - out now! (NA) / "Q1 2015" (PAL)
    Mighty Gunvolt - out now! (NA) / "Q1 2015" (PAL)
    The Keep - out now! (everywhere)
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - out now! (everywhere)
    Xeodrifter - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    3D Afterburner 2 - out now! (everywhere)
    Citizens of Earth - out now! (everywhere)
    Pokemon Shuffle - "February" (NA/PAL)
    Ironfall: Invasion - "February" (NA/PAL)
    3D Fantasy Zone - "February" (NA/PAL)
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (cross-buy with Wii U) - March 5 (NA) / March 20 (PAL)
    3D Outrun - "March" (NA/PAL)
    3D Fantasy Zone 2 DX - "April" (NA/PAL)
    Mighty Number 9 - "April" (NA/PAL)
    3D Thunder Blade - "May" (NA/PAL)
    SteamWorld Heist - "spring 2015" (NA/PAL)
    Treasurenauts - "2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    A-Train: City Simulator - "2015" (NA) / TBA (PAL)
    SmileBASIC - "2015" (NA/PAL)
    Protect Me Knight - "2015" (NA/PAL)
    Flipnote 3D - who the gently caress knows (PAL/NA)

*demo available
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Shadow of the Ninja (NES) - out now! (PAL) / January 29 (NA)
    S.C.A.T. (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC) - out now! (everywhere)
    Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (GBC) - out now! (everywhere)
    Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) - out now! (everywhere)
    Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC) - out now! (everywhere)
    Mighty Final Fight (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Gargoyle's Quest 2 (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Harvest Moon 2 (GBC) - out now! (NA) / TBA (PAL)
    Adventures of Lolo (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Donkey Kong Land (GB) - out now! (PAL) / TBA (NA)
    Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB) - out now! (PAL) / TBA (NA)
    Donkey Kong Land III (GB) - out now! (PAL) / TBA (NA)
    Legend of the River King 2 (GBC) - out now! (everywhere)
    Street Fighter 2010 (NES) - out now! (everywhere)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
'sup Europe:

"Explore the music of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with this double-CD soundtrack, featuring 89 tracks, plus 16 Milk Bar Musician pieces. The insert includes liner notes from the game’s composer, Ryo Nagamatsu, and 12 score excerpts for you to perform at home."

3000 Stars in EU, 2000 Stars in AU/NZ.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 26, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

'sup Europe:

"Explore the music of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with this double-CD soundtrack, featuring 89 tracks, plus 16 Milk Bar Musician pieces. The insert includes liner notes from the game’s composer, Ryo Nagamatsu, and 12 score excerpts for you to perform at home."

I can't wait for this to get ripped so I can download it

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

'sup Europe:

I might just get enough stars together with all the unregistered games, so yay me.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

"Hello KennyMan666, you have 3000 stars!"
:getin:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

No noteworthy retail releases this week... the wait continues. Japan got Legend of Legacy and it seems it might not suck, so that's something.

On the eShop this week: Gunman Clive 2, now featuring panda mounts! It'll be out in both regions for $3 or equivalent. NA is also (finally!) getting Shadow of the Ninja (NES) on the VC, a game that was sorta-remade for Game Boy as Ninja Gaiden Shadow. It's fun!

Ninja Gaiden Shadow was one of the easiest games I have ever played. I borrowed it from someone in the 7th grade and within a couple weeks I could blow through the game without getting hit.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

io_burn posted:

If I'm an American with a library of existing US 3DS games and I want a non-XL new 3DS, what level of bullshit am I going to be forced to put up with? Could I potentially import a UK/AUS unit and just buy things digitally from the eShop? I know there's region unlocking hacks, but how permanent of a solution is that? From just a cursory overview it seems like it's sort of similar to jailbreaking your iPhone in that it works now with existing hardware, software, and firmware... But all bets are off with future releases of anything?

After spending the whole day on planes and in airports yesterday I'm realizing I really love the smaller form factor and the XL 3DS not being able to fit in the back pocket of your pants would really kind of make it an annoying portable to have with my typical usage scenarios.

:sigh:

It's not such a big deal -- but it involves selling your 3ds and everything you own then leaving america. You were waiting for an excuse, this is it.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Nolgthorn posted:

It's not such a big deal -- but it involves selling your 3ds and everything you own then leaving america. You were waiting for an excuse, this is it.

I just got back from London, this is more appealing than you know.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

EDIT: Why do I always think I'm in the eShop thread just because there's a PaletteSwappedNinja post

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 26, 2015

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Sweet. I have 3000 Stars left now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

io_burn posted:

I just got back from London, this is more appealing than you know.

You mentioned spending a day on airplanes so I knew what was up.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I've been perfectly happy with my New3DSXL, its my first Nintendo handheld since Game Boy Advance Ive been mostly playing Monster Hunter with my friend and the C-stick is really nice for that, just the perfect position. Though the finish on the XL models is certainly a finger print magnet and Ive been keeping it in the case I got for it and left the styrofoam cloth thingie in between the screens when I close it, so the screens look nice still too. Im also a weirdo who plays it when Im on the train.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ban this sick filth.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The Monster Hunter N3DS XL is back in stock on the Gamestop website, for those interested. I just ordered mine.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

quote:

The item cannot be added to the cart. You have exceeded the maximum purchase quantity for this item.

Abuh? I never bought one!

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Where's more Majora's Mask units ya jerks... :argh:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I'd totally go for the monhun unit because I personally think it looks better but I will be out of town by the time it's delivered, I'm impatient and I got phyiscal monhun preordered from Amazon for $30. Oh well at least my best buy preorder hasn't been canceled yet :getin:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

flyboi posted:

I'd totally go for the monhun unit because I personally think it looks better but I will be out of town by the time it's delivered, I'm impatient and I got phyiscal monhun preordered from Amazon for $30. Oh well at least my best buy preorder hasn't been canceled yet :getin:

Same. I actually got the even cheaper price it was briefly at, and because amazon accidentally sent me an email that said my order would arrive march 11th, they upgraded me to free 1 day shipping. Also I used a bunch of gift cards.

Im cool with a basic black one anyways, though I might get a red one because its actually a pretty nice looking red.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Man, I could not get into Kid Icarus. It doesn't help that I straight up am unable to play it laying down in bed. It seems pretty cool, but I'm just not having fun with it. :smith:

I've picked up Luigi's Mansion again and that game owns. Its such a video game. Collectibles and levels and boss levels and poo poo. I love it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
can you do a system transfer from a 3DS to a N3DS? I have way too many cheap/sale price games on the system to just dump my data.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

can you do a system transfer from a 3DS to a N3DS? I have way too many cheap/sale price games on the system to just dump my data.

Yes, of course.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

punakone posted:

I've been perfectly happy with my New3DSXL, its my first Nintendo handheld since Game Boy Advance Ive been mostly playing Monster Hunter with my friend and the C-stick is really nice for that, just the perfect position. Though the finish on the XL models is certainly a finger print magnet and Ive been keeping it in the case I got for it and left the styrofoam cloth thingie in between the screens when I close it, so the screens look nice still too. Im also a weirdo who plays it when Im on the train.

I-imagine if s-somebody SAW those fingerprints!!! I would be ashamed, clean it up quick so you can get back to staring at it all day instead of playing

GODDAMN NINTENDO WITH THEIR loving GLOSSY CONSOLES loving ME AGAIN

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Haquer posted:

I-imagine if s-somebody SAW those fingerprints!!! I would be ashamed, clean it up quick so you can get back to staring at it all day instead of playing

GODDAMN NINTENDO WITH THEIR loving GLOSSY CONSOLES loving ME AGAIN

I'll have to try to trick the cashier into thinking I bought these microfiber cloths for my nephew. I'm so ashamed.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

I'll have to try to trick the cashier into thinking I bought these microfiber cloths for my nephew. I'm so ashamed.

Just never be caught playing in public.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Nolgthorn posted:

Just never be caught playing in public.

*pulls out phone to play games on instead to look adult*

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I love the theorycrafting taking place around the internet regarding why the Majora's Mask N3DSXL is in such short supply. The latest conspiracy theory comes from a dude on Reddit who talked to a guy at the Nintendo booth at PAX South. Apparently some kind of massive labor dispute at the port of Seattle is causing major delays for Nintendo so the reason allocations are so low are because they're working with the shipments they received before said labor dispute? Or something?

I wish I could figure out why scarcity when it comes to something to do with video games I like makes me want something so much more. Here I am reading loving Reddit theories on there potentially eventually being more available, if this were any other thing but something that said Majora's Mask on the front I would've forgotten about it inside of ten minutes.

:suicide:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Pants chat: how does anyone bear putting stuff in their back pockets

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Looper posted:

Pants chat: how does anyone bear putting stuff in their back pockets

I keep my wallet in my butt pocket. It's fine.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The reason the MM 3DS is in short supply is because there needs to be a neckbeard market assessment guy hired on to Nintendo.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Stan Taylor posted:

I keep my wallet in my butt pocket. It's fine.

Switch to a front pocket wallet, it'll change your life. I'm currently rocking this which is probably far too minimal for most normal people.

Then you have your back pocket for poo poo like your 3DS!

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

io_burn posted:

Switch to a front pocket wallet, it'll change your life. I'm currently rocking this which is probably far too minimal for most normal people.

I get butt hurt when my 3DS resides in my butt pocket, especially if I try to do it while sitting for some period of time.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

io_burn posted:

If I'm an American with a library of existing US 3DS games and I want a non-XL new 3DS, what level of bullshit am I going to be forced to put up with? Could I potentially import a UK/AUS unit and just buy things digitally from the eShop? I know there's region unlocking hacks, but how permanent of a solution is that? From just a cursory overview it seems like it's sort of similar to jailbreaking your iPhone in that it works now with existing hardware, software, and firmware... But all bets are off with future releases of anything?

After spending the whole day on planes and in airports yesterday I'm realizing I really love the smaller form factor and the XL 3DS not being able to fit in the back pocket of your pants would really kind of make it an annoying portable to have with my typical usage scenarios.

:sigh:

You can't system transfer between regions.
The region free hack doesn't work on eShop games.
The region free hack is only working on the old 3DS.
Rumor is that you'll need 9.2 or below to even use :filez: on the new 3DS later.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Having anything in your back pockets is really uncomfortable

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

io_burn posted:

No.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I keep my regular wallet in my front pocket. Works fine. Back pockets are bad news and a good way to get a poo poo back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Ivy posted:

I get butt hurt when my 3DS resides in my butt pocket, especially if I try to do it while sitting for some period of time.

You take it out when you sit. :P

• Locked thread