Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

quote:

Vince Russo did an angle with the wXw promotion out of Oberhausen, Germany. Lead heel Karsten Beck had talked about a mysterious supporter who he would reveal on the first show of the year. On the 1/17 show, there was an eight-man street fight. Their champion Big Daddy Walter was on the winning team. Russo came out and congratulate him and introduced Beck, saying he was the mysterious sponsor of Beck and they had bought into wXw (storyline). Beck then challenged Walter to a title match right there. Russo then approved the match. Walter power bombed Beck but Russo pulled ref Tassilo Jung out of the ring. Sha Samuels, who is Beck’s tag team partner, hit Walter with belt shot. Russo took off his sweater, and was wearing a ref shirt underneath, and counted the fall, so Beck won the title. The angle got over huge. wXw usually does clean finishes so a break from usual should have worked. They explained the angle that the original owners took on a new investor to help expand and the new investor hired Russo. The story is that their lawyers said they can’t get rid of Russo, and he doesn’t have creative control of the company, but he has the power to book matches and the company can’t overturn his decisions, but Russo can’t fire anyone. It is believed Russo will be brought back again since people who work with the company have been told to add Russo to certain materials.

wXw getting mileage out of TNA castoffs, sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

coconono posted:

wXw getting mileage out of TNA castoffs, sweet.

Vince Russo is an amazing on screen character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jubs posted:

Vince Russo is an amazing on screen character.

Vince Russo as an on screen character has mostly been a complete and utter failure. His heel run in TNA is mostly just bad but his face run is the worst poo poo I have ever seen and he wasn't even booking that. Even if you like his delivery he is way too much of the "GET MYSELF AS MUCH HEAT AS POSSIBLE AT ANY COSTS" mold. It gets old quick.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Vince Russo as an on screen character has mostly been a complete and utter failure. His heel run in TNA is mostly just bad but his face run is the worst poo poo I have ever seen and he wasn't even booking that. Even if you like his delivery he is way too much of the "GET MYSELF AS MUCH HEAT AS POSSIBLE AT ANY COSTS" mold. It gets old quick.

his segments are hilarious mrt

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Big Bidness posted:

If anyone is wondering how fat Chris Hero has gotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VIwHfS9Wc

pretty god drat fat!

I was at this show, and him and Eddie beat the poo poo out of each other, but man, Hero really needs to switch to tights and a singlet top or something. Or maybe stop eating all the bacon.

get even fatter Chris

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MRT plz add the fact that Fat Chris Hero owns to the op tia

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

If anyone is wondering how fat Chris Hero has gotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VIwHfS9Wc

pretty god drat fat!

I was at this show, and him and Eddie beat the poo poo out of each other, but man, Hero really needs to switch to tights and a singlet top or something. Or maybe stop eating all the bacon.

I didn't know there were any other goons who went to AIW shows.

Going to the next one?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

MRT plz add the fact that Fat Chris Hero owns to the op tia

Done and done.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Adam Cole's intro to Black Cole Sun was brilliant.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

Adam Cole's intro to Black Cole Sun was brilliant.

I'm not sure if it was on camera, but Excalibur kept gesturing to the paper in his hand during the intro to indicate that yes, Cole had in fact written that all down ahead of time.

The guy's a master at working crowds, if WWE does go through with signing him I'm confident he'll do well even though he's a little smaller than they typically like because he has all the other tools to succeed in that environment.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

epitasis posted:

chasyn rance

Rance is an appropriate name.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm not sure if it was on camera, but Excalibur kept gesturing to the paper in his hand during the intro to indicate that yes, Cole had in fact written that all down ahead of time.

The guy's a master at working crowds, if WWE does go through with signing him I'm confident he'll do well even though he's a little smaller than they typically like because he has all the other tools to succeed in that environment.

Nah, the footage on the DVD didn't show Excalibur, but when he went back to commentary he was marking out about it.

I think Cole can succeed in WWE, but he's really gonna have to work for it... get in a situation like Danielson did. But he probably has the highest ceiling out of all next gen indy guys.

Pre post edit - I :h: Kyle O'Reilly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWG added:
Bucks vs. monster Mafia
Beaver Boys vs. Best Friends
Sydal vs. ricochet

Uhaa Nation is off the card

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWG added:
Bucks vs. monster Mafia
Sydal vs. ricochet

Uhaa Nation is off the card

AUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Untitled II is finally up on highspots :toot:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

AUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH

he got signed, nick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

he got signed, nick

I know...I just really wanted to see Uhaa and Cage mix it up with the Bucks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

whos monster mafia & beaver boys

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

whos monster mafia & beaver boys

Monster Mafia is Josh Alexander and Ethan Page. Beaver Boys are John Silver and Alex Reynolds. Alexander and Ethan Page are Canadian wrestlers and both are pretty good. Beaver Boys are east coast dudes mostly from CZW that are okay. Silver was apparently Shard from Chikara.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

KungFu Grip posted:

Monster Mafia is Josh Alexander and Ethan Page. Beaver Boys are John Silver and Alex Reynolds. Alexander and Ethan Page are Canadian wrestlers and both are pretty good. Beaver Boys are east coast dudes mostly from CZW that are okay. Silver was apparently Shard from Chikara.

Shard ruled because he was tiny and jacked and threw the teensiest superkicks :3:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Thanks

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm surprised Cage didn't get a singles match added after Uhaa dropped out. Sydal vs. Ricochet should be loving awesome though.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CZW announced starting with the next show, they are going back to the ECW Arena. That also means WSU will be at the ECW Arena too. No more Skate Zone.

I wonder if the Arena will let them do Cage of Death because the violence has been severely toned down in all the shows in the Arena since its re-opening.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
God damnit, Skate Zone is so close to my place.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So with the changes today, the final card for Feb. 27th appears to be:

"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Biff Busick
Cedric Alexander vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Drew Gulak vs. Chris Hero
Matt Sydal vs. Ricochet
Monster Mafia vs. Young Bucks
Trevor Lee vs. Roderick Strong for the World Championship

Considering all the talent they're missing right now between overseas tours (No Sabin, Everett, Gargano, or WCTT) and the ROH thing, that's a pretty good card they put together. I would like to see all those debuts, and Sydal vs. Ricochet is super tempting, so I might waffle on my decision to skip this show. It probably depends on if I can get an online ticket before they sell out, if I'm faced with the proposition of driving down three hours early to wait in line to make sure I get a ticket at the door I'll probably bag it.

e: something I just noticed while typing that up: PWG finally updated their roster page. O'Reilly, Cole, and Elgin are all gone (but ACH is still there, which is cool because I wasn't sure on his status) but all of the guys who debuted in 2014 except Gulak and Myers are on there now, and so are Sabin and Sydal.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 24, 2015

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Is this the thread where people can discuss Progress? I've been watching their stuff on youtube for about a week and am blown away by their production quality, as well as Jimmy Havoc being a tremendous bastard heel. Also, I think Will Ospreay is going to be the next big thing as far as international wrestlers go. I'm excited for their match this weekend.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I'm sure you're all aware of this now, but quote and edit are different things

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I have the biggest man crush on Jimmy. I've only managed to get to one Progress show in person but it was amazing.

Jimmy Havoc: "There is nothing I won't do to you, or myself":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROGJOuH53ls

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DM Punk posted:

CZW announced starting with the next show, they are going back to the ECW Arena. That also means WSU will be at the ECW Arena too. No more Skate Zone.

I wonder if the Arena will let them do Cage of Death because the violence has been severely toned down in all the shows in the Arena since its re-opening.

I think it might just be an alternate venue for them going forward. Barring one Ultraviolent Rules Match, the February 21st shows don't look too deathmatchy, so I'd imagine this is a test to see if the Arena is marketable.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
ICW put up a cool promo video for Square Go which is on this sunday which features Chris Renfrew vs Drew Galloway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xux6L4KpVfs
Its clips from events over the last 12 months, in which Renfrew has lost a tonne of weight. So as the video goes on he gets less chubby.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fart Radio posted:

Is this the thread where people can discuss Progress? I've been watching their stuff on youtube for about a week and am blown away by their production quality, as well as Jimmy Havoc being a tremendous bastard heel. Also, I think Will Ospreay is going to be the next big thing as far as international wrestlers go. I'm excited for their match this weekend.

I've not been to any Progress shows, but seen Will a few times at Rev Pro and he was great. The crowd chant his name along the same theme as Olé, like they do with Ochet for Ricochet which is always fun.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am ex;cited for that pwg card

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Lumbermouth posted:

I think it might just be an alternate venue for them going forward. Barring one Ultraviolent Rules Match, the February 21st shows don't look too deathmatchy, so I'd imagine this is a test to see if the Arena is marketable.

I imagine they'd go back into the Skate zone because the NJ commission now allow a bunch of stuff that were banned according to Gulak (Use of lighttubes and such). I don't know about PA's athletic commission.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I imagine they'd go back into the Skate zone because the NJ commission now allow a bunch of stuff that were banned according to Gulak (Use of lighttubes and such). I don't know about PA's athletic commission.

WSU just said on Twitter that its not a permanent move to the Arena, so I guess they will just use it for special occasions. WSU has a TLC match scheduled on this show, so that will be interesting if they do anything crazy to get them kicked out. Probably not though.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Young Bucks debut for CZW next month at the ECW Arena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vHz_8VBlQ

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Are 3.0 just completely confined to Chikara and some random Canadian promotions now?

I wish they could get booked in real promotions. :( I miss Shane Matthews.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ISW Slamtasia V is available until midnight, 6.5 hours from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6OH3rqjr88

1. Gran Akuma vs. Kitsune aka Speedball in a mask
2. Christina Von Eerie vs. Jeremy Leary vs. Lucky Sabiti
3. Fluffy vs. Lloyd Cthulowitz
4. Tabarnak de Team vs. Team Pazuzu (Jaka & Pinkie Sanchez)
5. The Badd Wedding (No Chad and Brad)
6. Undisputed King of Crazy Championship: Chris Dickinson(c) vs. Matt Tremont
7. ISW Tag Team Championship: The Food Fighters(c) (Bastian Snow & Pasquale the Italian Chef) vs. Tremendous Investigations Inc. (Det. Bill Carr & Ofc. Dan Barry)
8. Dave Cole vs. Sexxxy Eddy
9. ISW Championship/Fans Bring the Legos Deathmatch: Buxx Belmar vs. Izzy Deadyet(c)

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 26, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Smash is streaming one of their shows on youtube at 8 tonight.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CHIKARA is doing their own stream too. It's to the point where you have to chose and I think that's defeating the point. You're dividing the small fan base up too much to the point nothing is gonna get anywhere near the views as #RAWlternative did or whatever the hashtag was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm enjoying Slamtasia V, but can somebody tell me more about Pazuzu? And more about the storylines of ISW in general.

• Locked thread