Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
And the painted world. Reliable sources say the land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Clockwurke Bear posted:

Excuse, Blighttown existed. :colbert:

I'd argue that it barely existed, considering the framerate :v:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Nalesh posted:

I'd argue that it barely existed, considering the framerate :v:

Someone didn't play the patched PC version. :smug:

I never watched a Geop LP before. This is my first, and I am so entertained, so good stuff guys!
Maybe it's just Geop's tone of voice, but somehow I get an even more MST3k vibe from this than I do from Retsupurae.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Sadly I played it before the pc version was even a twinkle in fromsofts eye :v:

It still baffles me how well geop went through that game though.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

I might have to go back and watch it, even though it's like fifty million updates or something.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nalesh posted:

Sadly I played it before the pc version was even a twinkle in fromsofts eye :v:

It still baffles me how well geop went through that game though.

Having Vicas and later Kuvo to point him in vaguely the right direction was a huge boon. It really cannot be understated how useful a person to guide you is in Dark Souls.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, like, that bit where Geop discovered the bonfire near Andre probably wouldn't have happened as soon as it did if Vicas didn't admit to Geop that there was a bonfire past those three hollows that killed him.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I mean even from a basic combat standpoint, looking at geop's gameplay in ds1, then woolie from 2bfp and his first time through ds2, one got the hang of it pretty fast, the other was still struggling by the end of it :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Well the other thing of course is that Geop is actually legit good at games :v:

He has pretty solid spatial perception, shape recognition and reaction speed. He also possesses tons of patience and is willing to take it slow and steady which is the most rewarding play style in Dark Souls by a long shot.

I expect that by the end of NEO SURF MASTERS HD Geop will be quite adept as well; he's usually pretty good at whatever game he's LPing by the end.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, got a feelin he'll do well in this game too. Since imo, mechanically sword and board dark souls plays a lot like the 3d zeldas.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Neruz posted:

He has pretty solid spatial perception, shape recognition and reaction speed. He also possesses tons of patience and is willing to take it slow and steady
These are the skills that Geop will need to take the best pictograph selfie.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neruz posted:

Well the other thing of course is that Geop is actually legit good at games :v:

He has pretty solid spatial perception, shape recognition and reaction speed. He also possesses tons of patience and is willing to take it slow and steady which is the most rewarding play style in Dark Souls by a long shot.

I expect that by the end of NEO SURF MASTERS HD Geop will be quite adept as well; he's usually pretty good at whatever game he's LPing by the end.

On the other hand, rope swinging.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

On the other hand, rope swinging.

Just give him time to get into the swing of things.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I refuse to get roped into another round of puns.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maybe we should change the subject before we get swept up in puns. Did anyone actually like Skyward Sword despite everything? My favorite character was Noose.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mazed posted:

I never watched a Geop LP before. This is my first, and I am so entertained, so good stuff guys!
Maybe it's just Geop's tone of voice, but somehow I get an even more MST3k vibe from this than I do from Retsupurae.

Oh man, you should watch his supremely informative Assassin's Creed LPs. They're amazing.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Maybe we should change the subject before we get swept up in puns. Did anyone actually like Skyward Sword despite everything? My favorite character was Noose.

Filament was a pretty tight idea, but she always tied you down those dumb explanations. I hope Nintendo hitches a clue and stops needlessly belaying us in the Wii U Zelda.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Mazed posted:

I might have to go back and watch it, even though it's like fifty million updates or something.

Geop, Cuvo and Vicas doing Dark Souls is one of the finest LPs I've ever seen. Right up there with SGF's Deadly Premonition. Watch it. You won't regret it.

EDIT: Not Cuvo, Kthuveaux, dagnabbit.

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 27, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mazed posted:

Filament was a pretty tight idea, but she always tied you down those dumb explanations. I hope Nintendo hitches a clue and stops needlessly belaying us in the Wii U Zelda.

Please close the thread again, Geop.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Suspicious Dish posted:

Nintendo's bad word list is weird (:nws: for weird swears I guess)

Whats a hoormister

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Not much, what's a hoor with you?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

coleman francis posted:

Whats a hoormister

Twenty bucks if you know where to look! :tipshat:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

coleman francis posted:

Whats a hoormister

The person that employs the windowlicker.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Ghostwoods posted:

Geop, Cuvo and Vicas doing Dark Souls is one of the finest LPs I've ever seen. Right up there with SGF's Deadly Premonition. Watch it. You won't regret it.

It's spelled Cuervo. Lotta silent letters, I know

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Vicas posted:

Couveaux :colbert:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i had to simplify it when i got off the LP boat

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Vicas posted:

I knew I should have hat-tipped Richard Gamingo instead.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
"And how do you spell that name, sir?"

"...gently caress"

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I liked Skyward Sword a lot. The motion controls could be a bit tiring at times but I didn't find them to be too cumbersome. I really dig the art style and how every area kinda feels like a dungeon. Overall it was a pretty engaging experience. And Groose is indeed the best.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

King Christmas posted:

I liked Skyward Sword a lot. The motion controls could be a bit tiring at times but I didn't find them to be too cumbersome. I really dig the art style and how every area kinda feels like a dungeon. Overall it was a pretty engaging experience. And Groose is indeed the best.

Skyward Sword had amazing visuals, controls, sound, etc. The biggest problem is that the game overstayed its welcome and then some. The world was already saved by Zelda in the past so everyone's quite happy to gently caress with Link and make him jump through so many hoops. Also it had Fi in it, and Scrapper.

Also, the Lute was such a pathetic magical instrument. Strum to make Fi have a seizure sing.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.

Alkydere posted:

Skyward Sword had amazing visuals, controls, sound, etc. The biggest problem is that the game overstayed its welcome and then some. The world was already saved by Zelda in the past so everyone's quite happy to gently caress with Link and make him jump through so many hoops. Also it had Fi in it, and Scrapper.

Also, the Lute was such a pathetic magical instrument. Strum to make Fi have a seizure sing.

To be fair, it's been years since I played it, so I don't remember much of the story or more frustrating elements.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alkydere posted:

God no.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

He said amazing, not good.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Yeah, come on guys, don't you know that $MOST_RECENT_CONSOLE_ZELDA sucks but $THE_ONE_BEFORE_THAT is amazing? You could turn into a wolf, there was sassy sexy weird furry girl sidekick, and you went into a Frozen dude's house for a dungeon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yeah, come on guys, don't you know that $MOST_RECENT_CONSOLE_ZELDA sucks but $THE_ONE_BEFORE_THAT is amazing? You could turn into a wolf, there was sassy sexy weird furry girl sidekick, and you went into a Frozen dude's house for a dungeon.

You're kidding, right? Twilight Princess was aggressively mediocre, bordering on straight up bad.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I remember the fishing minigame being decent, so there's a reason to not let Fae get anywhere near that game :v:

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Some Numbers posted:

You're kidding, right? Twilight Princess was aggressively mediocre, bordering on straight up bad.

:thejoke:

People hated on Twilight Princess a lot but as soon as people started hating on Skyward Sword, a lot of Twilight Princess love started showing up.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Well, the lute was a silly instrument, but so were the panflutes or even <snip>

Oops. I guess that's technically still spoilers.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 27, 2015

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Some Numbers posted:

It is second only to Wind Waker as the best Zelda game, IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

For real, Skyward Sword's visual style was absolutely amazing, as was the music, and in terms of personality it's second only to Wind Waker. Really, I had two issues with it other than Fi's overbearing personality: The overly gimmicky controls, and the fact that they totally missed an opportunity by including a "master quest" NG+ option where you play as Zelda/Impa, seeing as how all Link does in that game is show up everywhere five minutes after they left.

• Locked thread