Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009

hollylolly posted:

He said it wasn't the goatee or mustache, but that we'd know it when we saw it. :shrug: He also promised that he would be on the salmon ladder once more before the end of the season (though I'm not sure how serious he was with that).

I bet it's the hat :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In a twist, Laurel will wear a hat and Ollie will wear fishnets.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It'd be hard for Ollie to be mayor at this point. His mom made a splash for sure, but he's been out of the public eye and has no financial backing at this point.

Conversely, I'm not sure Amell could rock a hat and not look like a tool.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Who is the mayor?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

Who is the mayor?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
They are hoping to get Bill Murray.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hollylolly posted:

Who is the mayor?

Even has that DC throwback feel!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Even has that DC throwback feel!

They should call the mayor Adam We, get Adam West, and just go with it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

hollylolly posted:

Who is the mayor?

Ray purchased the entire city, does that make him mayor too?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Whizbang posted:

Ray purchased the entire city, does that make him mayor too?

He didn't purchase the city, he just spent almost all of his money rebuilding it and wants them to rename it in his honour, is that so wrong?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Timett posted:

I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

This guy got torn apart in a blog post: http://geekdad.com/2015/01/danish-archer/

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Ville Valo posted:

This guy got torn apart in a blog post: http://geekdad.com/2015/01/danish-archer/

A good read

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

evenworse username posted:

And yet, great at boats.

From a few pages back, but you rang?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ville Valo posted:

It even notes that Arrow's archery consultant is working on a documentary on historical forms of archery.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ville Valo posted:

There is nothing like history nerds laughing at LARPs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

It even notes that Arrow's archery consultant is working on a documentary on historical forms of archery.

Water bowl slapping confirmed historical technique.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Next you guys will tell me that you can't learn karate by painting fences and waxing cars.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Aphrodite posted:

Don't put too much stock in it. I did research under the one of the mathematical consultants for Numb3rs, and story/filming concerns always take precedence over the _________ consultant. See also: blue meth.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

Next you guys will tell me that you can't learn karate by painting fences and waxing cars.

Nope, you can only learn true karate by watching this whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmZnzkyjvs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ville Valo posted:

poo poo, now I feel stupid :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PFlats posted:

Don't put too much stock in it. I did research under the one of the mathematical consultants for Numb3rs, and story/filming concerns always take precedence over the _________ consultant. See also: blue meth.

I remember seeing an episode of that show where the guy took all the statistical data on where gang-related drive-by shootings happened and figured out where and when the next drive-by shooting would occur :stare:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Numb3rs is also the show where they described two people talking on IRC as two boats passing each other in the ocean, and treated 1337-speak as some kind of actual foreign language despite the fact that there's a loving number in the show's name.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VDay posted:

Numb3rs is also the show where they described two people talking on IRC as two boats passing each other in the ocean, and treated 1337-speak as some kind of actual foreign language despite the fact that there's a loving number in the show's name.

:wtc: That show started in 2005, people knew what chat rooms were. I guess that says a lot about its demographic.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

VDay posted:

I never watched numbers but this is loving brilliant. Did they have two math people writing on the same board to make the math go faster?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

kingcom posted:

I never watched numbers but this is loving brilliant. Did they have two math people writing on the same board to make the math go faster?

I think that dumbness crown is still held by NCIS.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I think that dumbness crown is still held by NCIS.

Two people type on a single keyboard to combat a hacker, the lead actor pulls out the monitor plug and goes :smug:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bizarrely, I think Power Rangers is the only show that's had a hacking attempt be stopped by the heroes disconnecting their modem.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They actually did that on this show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No joke, I work tech support for an ISP, and I actually once spoke to a guy who would power off his router every time he finished loading a page.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

No joke, I work tech support for an ISP, and I actually once spoke to a guy who would power off his router every time he finished loading a page.

Part of me refuses to believe you, but the rest of me worked IT for four years and knows better.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Warmachine posted:

Part of me refuses to believe you, but the rest of me worked IT for four years and knows better.

Last weekend my parents found they had an adware oh their computer. Since it linked to ads related to webcams they thought that the program came from OBS since that program works with the computers webcam.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people over forty.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jerusalem posted:

Two people type on a single keyboard to combat a hacker, the lead actor pulls out the monitor plug and goes :smug:

Don't forget the episode where they find the computer controlling a missile's guidance system, and to stop it Gibbs shoots the monitor. Which apparently works.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Don't forget the episode where they find the computer controlling a missile's guidance system, and to stop it Gibbs shoots the monitor. Which apparently works.

Is that the one where the tech nerd guy is watching a camera of Gibbs POV, notices the gun in Gibbs' hand reminds him of an FPS, remembers the bad guy who set up the evil computer is a gamer and is thus able to help navigate Gibbs through the "map" of the bad guy's lair while avoiding booby traps?

Which probably still isn't quite as bad as that episode of Life where they get a kid to play Prince of Persia to unlock secret financial records.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

All these examples of stupid tech representation in media make my head hurt.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The hacking arrow feels downright plausible now.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

McSpanky posted:

The hacking arrow feels downright plausible now.

Anyone who hasn't disabled autoplay for USB has failed this city.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Which probably still isn't quite as bad as that episode of Life where they get a kid to play Prince of Persia to unlock secret financial records.

Jesus spoiler that poo poo or something man, I didn't need these PTSD flashabcks

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Arrow had that hilariously slow moving Drone in last year's suicide squad episode, too.

Though to be fair, Arrow's handling of technology is roughly 100x better than any scene set in a courtroom. Yowsers, those are terrible.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
Nobody mentioned the episode of -I believe it was SVU- where they found a killers hideout using the replica he had built in Second Life?

Although, knowing the sort of people on Second Life, that's downright plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope that the revived Oliver is less of a dick than the one we've seen all year

• Locked thread