Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Starbound is my favorite example of how retarded gamers are. Fans spent two years crying "Please release the Beta, we don't care that the game is unfinished, we understand!" and then quickly turned to "gently caress Chucklefish for putting out a an unfinished game, there's nothing to do at endgame, ethics in journalism, etc.".

And by gamers I suppose I mean most of the dumbshits in this thread.

But then, I suppose it's my bad for not being filled with seething goony rage because the 15 dollars I spent 2 years ago have not yet delivered me (and likely never will) the gaming nirvana I was promised.

Update's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Updatebound

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

bonds0097 posted:

Starbound is my favorite example of how retarded gamers are. Fans spent two years crying "Please release the Beta, we don't care that the game is unfinished, we understand!" and then quickly turned to "gently caress Chucklefish for putting out a an unfinished game, there's nothing to do at endgame, ethics in journalism, etc.".

But then, I suppose it's my bad for not being filled with seething goony rage because the 15 dollars I spent 2 years ago have not yet delivered me (and likely never will) the gaming nirvana I was promised.

Update's pretty cool.

I find this post and Starbound funny.

s7indicate3
Aug 22, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bonds0097 posted:

Update's pretty cool.

Smugbound

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

bonds0097 posted:

Update's pretty cool.

life is pretty good please don't kill your self

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheSpookyDanger posted:

life is pretty good please don't kill your self

now let's not be hasty

Musluk
May 23, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

Update's pretty cool.

You forgot to mention entitlement there bud.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
people will complain when they have a chance and success guarantees forgiveness. please read more about protecting your brand from trolls while projecting it among the creatives who will make a difference, on my weblog

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I'm so confused about these bound stars. People were talking about this game a lot always, but now it seems everyone hates it? Any serious posts to update people who never played or played a long time ago?

This game maybe could use a new thread.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

Update's pretty cool.

Please gently caress off with the gamer hate, dude.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i actually find the combat way less lovely that i expected

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Gameko posted:

I'm so confused about these bound stars. People were talking about this game a lot always, but now it seems everyone hates it? Any serious posts to update people who never played or played a long time ago? This game maybe could use a new thread.
in the Imp Zone

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Gameko posted:

I'm so confused about these bound stars. People were talking about this game a lot always, but now it seems everyone hates it? Any serious posts to update people who never played or played a long time ago?

This game maybe could use a new thread.

It could use a new thread.

Especially if the new thread had alpacas.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Blackheart posted:

Please gently caress off with the gamer hate, dude.

No.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So who's eating crow right now?

I know I ain't.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Update looks interesting, haven't played in a while so it'll be fun to jump in again and see where things are at.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheSpookyDanger posted:

i actually find the combat way less lovely that i expected
Yeah, enemies telegraph their attacks in a way that's actually more fun to work with, at least the few that I've seen so far. Between the new food recipes and the way player damage is balanced the number game is a lot better too.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Trying to find a core fragment is tedious as hell, maybe I just rolled a lovely starter planet.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Just getting started, and my only initial complaint is I wish hitting the 'interact' button again would close an open container instead of having to hit escape or click the X. Am I missing some easier way to check boxes and chests?

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
Not much changed compared to the last time I played it in a nightly some months ago. Except the cave gen and ore distribution on my starter planet is super poo poo.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

graynull posted:

Just getting started, and my only initial complaint is I wish hitting the 'interact' button again would close an open container instead of having to hit escape or click the X. Am I missing some easier way to check boxes and chests?

you can walk away from which is i guess less annoying that hitting escape sometimes? it's real dumb

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tediously got core fragments and made it to an outpost and got bored, rip this game

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mash posted:

Trying to find a core fragment is tedious as hell, maybe I just rolled a lovely starter planet.

Planet Core, not ship core, think about going deeper.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Turtlicious posted:

Planet Core, not ship core, think about going deeper.

I've gone pretty deep but still haven't found anything yet. drat cave lizards keep ambushing me too.

Are there any servers up? I tried the one posted a last page but I think it was empty.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

graynull posted:

If you hit e after moving your mouse away it seems to help. The itneract appears to go through your menus, so if you don't move th mouse, it just opens the same one again.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Tediously got core fragments and made it to an outpost and got bored, rip this game

Was playing with Ibram Gaunt and confirm the update is pretty underwhelming. Thanks for reading.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet - Entitlement (feat. bonds0097)

Thank you startbound thread for motivating me to learn audio editing tools

im going to release an album

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bonds0097 posted:

Update's pretty cool.

hahah holy gently caress man

did you know that gamers aren't a monolith

and do you think anyone is like, actually mad? wow dude :whitewater:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I actually just downloaded and booted this up with 3 friends.

The game downloaded first. Then it downloaded again.

Took 15 minutes to boot the first time.

See the comments above about Novakids.

Seems pretty much like the same game with slightly more background parallax.

I could be wrong, but I'm probably not.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh thank god, I didn't really want to blow $36 on this.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
So is the stable actually uploaded on steam yet? My client still says "Starbound - Beta" :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Catts posted:

So is the stable actually uploaded on steam yet? My client still says "Starbound - Beta" :v:

You have to switch it back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill await the imp zone thread

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

pwnyXpress posted:

See the comments above about Novakids.
I mean all the races are the same humanoid figure what exactly were you expecting

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

smh smh

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Starbound: still better than Kmart.

I hate my job.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

You have to switch it back.

Opted out of the beta, deleted everything, redownloaded, still Starbound - Beta v:v:v

Guess my game is starbroke

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

grimcreaper posted:

Starbound: still better than Kmart.

I hate my job.

It is probably not a good idea to use a video game thread as your live journal.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Afraid of Audio posted:

It is probably not a good idea to use a video game thread as your live journal.

Dear self,

I didn't install the dragon dildo mod, tonight my undies go unstained.

Love, T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Vib Rib posted:

I mean all the races are the same humanoid figure what exactly were you expecting

the nova kid seems to literally just be a couple of the other races with shittier coloring i mean they have all of these artists loving around and this is the best they could do? its just "throw in two avian hairs, a couple plant hairs...add some green and purple...great we're done here it's a wrap"

• Locked thread