Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Don't suppose someone could point me towards the ore highlighting mod that was mentioned earlier? Would make this a ton less tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

It is probably not a good idea to use a video game thread as your live journal.

Chucklefish: hire me to be your pr guy. I'll troll your trolls while trolling your fans at least as well as molly.

P. S. Kmart still sucks 10 minutes later.

KoB
May 1, 2009
How do I add fuel to my ship? I need to go to the Gate but I cant add fuel to the ship. Did they move where you add fuel? It should be the panel behind the chair, right? It wont let me access it.

Cooties
Oct 31, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

If you hit e after moving your mouse away it seems to help. The itneract appears to go through your menus, so if you don't move th mouse, it just opens the same one again.

Rebinding Inventory to E works, though it also opens your inventory whenever you press E anywhere else.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
woah something actually happened

congrats chucklefish on doing things

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

KoB posted:

How do I add fuel to my ship? I need to go to the Gate but I cant add fuel to the ship. Did they move where you add fuel? It should be the panel behind the chair, right? It wont let me access it.

you have to click on the gate and then click move. you don't have fuel yet to add.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
This card just appeared in my inventory

:laugh:

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
unable to start game (missing executable)

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Colonel J posted:

unable to start game (missing executable)

Right Click > Properties > Local Files >Verify Cache Integrity

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

what the gently caress do you do at the station? i'm supposed to find some rear end in a top hat crystals, but i have no clue what that means?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

superstepa posted:

Right Click > Properties > Local Files >Verify Cache Integrity

well taht didnt work. thank you chuklefucks

got it. ran manually ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/osx/starbound.app. still chucklefucks

SeaCow
Jun 29, 2005

TheSpookyDanger posted:

what the gently caress do you do at the station? i'm supposed to find some rear end in a top hat crystals, but i have no clue what that means?

If you figure it out I'd love to know. There is a building at the far east end of the outpost that looks like a pawn shop/pirate's bay type store that highlights but doesn't allow interaction. I'm sure it's something basic....

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Only 2D platformy game who's music seemed pretty good lately was Rogue Legacy, IMO. That poo poo fit well with what was going on.

loving shovel knight, dude

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I think I sequence-broke my game. I collected the core crystals, upgraded my ship with them, and then got the quest for it. So it looks like I have to go mine 20 more of those dumb crystals?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saxophone posted:

I think I sequence-broke my game. I collected the core crystals, upgraded my ship with them, and then got the quest for it. So it looks like I have to go mine 20 more of those dumb crystals?

its not broken, but yes. you need 20 in your inventory for the quest.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunter Noventa posted:

Don't suppose someone could point me towards the ore highlighting mod that was mentioned earlier? Would make this a ton less tedious.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/illuminated-ores.2429/

Saxophone posted:

I don't think you get the crystals until you do the dungeon, beat the boss, and turn off the shield gen protecting the crystals.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Turtlicious posted:

I don't think you get the crystals until you do the dungeon, beat the boss, and turn off the shield gen protecting the crystals.

how do you get to the dungeon? the only quest i got at the station was some lame bullshit to collect bugs.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

TheSpookyDanger posted:

how do you get to the dungeon? the only quest i got at the station was some lame bullshit to collect bugs.

You collect a bug.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSpookyDanger posted:

There are more then one quest there, though some only open up when you show the out post you're willing to do random bullshit for them. Catch a bug and like 6 quests open up, the one you want is the one where they say you need steel gear before they let you go on it. (And you'll want it, because that dungeon doesn't gently caress around.)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

TheSpookyDanger posted:

Collect the bugs, do the quests that follow.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ugh what the gently caress why chucklefucks why

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Progression

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

TheSpookyDanger posted:

placeholder quests

Shukaro posted:

woah something actually happened

congrats chucklefish on doing things

make a new thread sir

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Most of the progression quests are currently placeholders, and before you start screaming about how it's stupid keep in mind that before to progress you had long grind of mining ore and killing a handful of bosses the exact same way followed by more ore grinding. You also can avoid a lot of mining now by just jumping around planets, Lush ones tend to have at least one surface-accessible mining camp with plenty of ore in the crates.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheSpookyDanger posted:

That really doesn't seem like that trying of a quest.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

It's literally a tutorial quest to make sure you know how to use the yarnspinner, and bugs are loving everywhere.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Vib Rib posted:

it's lovely and boring. go back and forth to the gate, then the station that runs like poo poo, then back to the gate, then a planet! now do it a couple more times for some dumb coffee bullshit. it's tedious and not fun. also for some reason i thought it said ten bugs which is a lot worse than just one, but it's still pretty lame. maybe if i didn't need to take several steps to get to the lovely station it wouldn't be so bad.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Does the Penguin Bay shop at the outpost work for anyone?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Lizard Wizard posted:

Does the Penguin Bay shop at the outpost work for anyone?

The shop is locked initially, you must complete a quest to unlock it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSpookyDanger posted:

it's lovely and boring. go back and forth to the gate, then the station that runs like poo poo, then back to the gate, then a planet! now do it a couple more times for some dumb coffee bullshit. it's tedious and not fun. also for some reason i thought it said ten bugs which is a lot worse than just one, but it's still pretty lame. maybe if i didn't need to take several steps to get to the lovely station it wouldn't be so bad.

Oh, doi, there's a mod that lets you warp straight too and from the outpost one moment.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/your-starbound-crew.948/

and for the Nova Kid's which don't have custom dialogue yet...

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/upbeat-giraffe-other-races-actually-recognize-novakids.2452/

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 29, 2015

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Turtlicious posted:

Oh, doi, there's a mod that lets you warp straight too and from the outpost one moment.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/your-starbound-crew.948/

this is nice. is oil found on desert planets or am i missing it as a crafting item?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

TheSpookyDanger posted:

this is nice. is oil found on desert planets or am i missing it as a crafting item?

It is in tar biomes on desert planets, and you need to upgrade your MM to harvest it, first with 10 copper bars and then 10 silver.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You really should upgrade your MM all the way you can, because it get's ballin' as gently caress in the later tiers.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Turtlicious posted:

You really should upgrade your MM all the way you can, because it get's ballin' as gently caress in the later tiers.

If empty quoting was allowed I would empty quote the gently caress out of this.

One might be tempted to use the gold they've found whilst digging for core fragments to make gold picks, do not do this, you will need 10x gold bars (and 10x titanium) to do the next upgrade.

E: Are bookmarks for the teleporter in this build?

EE: The water on desert planets is not normal water but confers a healing effect if you are standing in it, you can also bottle it as a poor man's healing potion.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 29, 2015

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I made some pretty decent progress, I've gotten as far as needing to make steel so I guess I'm just gonna leave it there tonight. Not really sure what I think yet, but so far the progression does seem to be better. Can you still plant farms on your ship? I tried doing that to make coffee earlier, but it didn't seem to work. Does it just need enough space?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anybody notice anything different in weapon balance? Is combat pretty acceptable now?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
^ I dunno if guns are still as gimped as they were a couple of unstable patches ago as I haven't tried them since then but melee combat is loving sweet now.

THE loving MOON posted:

I made some pretty decent progress, I've gotten as far as needing to make steel so I guess I'm just gonna leave it there tonight. Not really sure what I think yet, but so far the progression does seem to be better. Can you still plant farms on your ship? I tried doing that to make coffee earlier, but it didn't seem to work. Does it just need enough space?

Coffee plants are tall and need 4 blocks of vertical and 2 blocks horizontal space, with ship upgrades and the ability to teleport to your home planet regardless of where you are there is little point to doing a compact farm/crafting build on your initial ship but farming on ship still works. You may find life easier initially if you build a small fort for farming/crafting on your home planet, as you can eventually just park your ship anywhere in system and still be able to get back to it while saving room.

To everyone else: If you don't want to hunt around for coffee seeds try a forest planet, they should be around, otherwise you can buy the seeds for like 10px at Terramart in the outpost.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 29, 2015

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

If empty quoting was allowed I would empty quote the gently caress out of this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

^ I dunno if guns are still as gimped as they were a couple of unstable patches ago as I haven't tried them since then but melee combat is loving sweet now.

Coffee plants are tall and need 4 blocks of vertical and 2 blocks horizontal space, with ship upgrades and the ability to teleport to your home planet regardless of where you are there is little point to doing a compact farm/crafting build on your initial ship but farming on ship still works. You may find life easier initially if you build a small fort for farming/crafting on your home planet, as you can eventually just park your ship anywhere in system and still be able to get back to it while saving room.

To everyone else: If you don't want to hunt around for coffee seeds try a forest planet, they should be around, otherwise you can buy the seeds for like 10px at Terramart in the outpost.

Awesome, thanks.

Also yeah, just buy the seeds at the outpost. 10 pix is nothing, you can buy 3 seeds after killing like one monster. It saves a lot of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

I thought it was frowned upon these days.

• Locked thread