Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

FinalGamer posted:

I think they're adorable personally :shobon: they got such big clumsy heads and rattly jaws, though Majora's Mask made them much more adorable.

Speaking of which HOLY poo poo GUYS FRIDAY 13th OF FEBRUARY WHO'S EXCITED FOR IT

CUZ I SURE AM :syoon:

Anyways uh yeah this game I really enjoyed playing a lot on the 3DS and I have to say I really did not think I would have fun with the gyro controls but oh my god it feels so much more easy to aim now with it.

Wait. MM 3D comes out on Friday the 13th? That's some awesome planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We're gonna miss you Travis.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

ThornBrain posted:

We're gonna miss you Travis.

It's not that there are dodongos in dodongo's cavern, it's that there's more than there used to be. They talk about how many suddenly appeared.

Also please keep unintentionally suicide bombing everything, because it brings me joy.

Xalenda
Mar 3, 2014
Hey y'all (eeee, talking to THORNBRAIN!!!!), first time poster on this here awesome site.

What's this I heard about no more Travis?!
Is it something we've done? Did we not love him enough?
WE LOVE YOU TRAVIS!!!!!

...come back to us...

(Also, we need more Olivia in the LPs, she's so cute!~)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oh hey cool the power bracelet actually appears on Link's arm, that's a really neat thing they did for the HD remake. I wonder what other items will show up on his model.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Neruz posted:

Oh hey cool the power bracelet actually appears on Link's arm, that's a really neat thing they did for the HD remake. I wonder what other items will show up on his model.

It does that in the original game too! :science:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Hot drat, those art commissions were great! Especially the PizzaJoe/Jane selfie memories.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

SystemLogoff posted:

It does that in the original game too! :science:

What really? I never noticed that :eyepop:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's kind of funny how easy both King Dodongo and Queen Gohma are, a couple of attacks and they are dead, at least Dodongo gets to prove his worth in Hyrule Warriors though.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Xalenda posted:

Hey y'all (eeee, talking to THORNBRAIN!!!!), first time poster on this here awesome site.

What's this I heard about no more Travis?!
Is it something we've done? Did we not love him enough?
WE LOVE YOU TRAVIS!!!!!

...come back to us...

(Also, we need more Olivia in the LPs, she's so cute!~)

Hahaha nobody will even notice he's gone. All their voices sound exactly the same anyway.
That's not true, I like your LPs, guys.

Also if you really think he's leaving you didn't listen to the video properly.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
One thing you never mention, and the reason for your 'five rupee in a chest behind a wall', is that if you're dumb enough to have your wooden deku shield. out in the ACTIVE VOLCANO, landing in the lava or getting hit by fire keese will destroy the shield, and that chest has a spare if you found out the hard way.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Judge Tesla posted:

It's kind of funny how easy both King Dodongo and Queen Gohma are, a couple of attacks and they are dead, at least Dodongo gets to prove his worth in Hyrule Warriors though.

By being an even easier boss than Gohma, you mean?

Drakenel posted:

One thing you never mention, and the reason for your 'five rupee in a chest behind a wall', is that if you're dumb enough to have your wooden deku shield. out in the ACTIVE VOLCANO, landing in the lava or getting hit by fire keese will destroy the shield, and that chest has a spare if you found out the hard way.

There's also a Deku Scrub selling spare shields on the first floor, although it's tough to get it to sell you one without having one on you already. I think you can hit it with a seed with good timing, though.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Nidoking posted:

By being an even easier boss than Gohma, you mean?

There's also a Deku Scrub selling spare shields on the first floor, although it's tough to get it to sell you one without having one on you already. I think you can hit it with a seed with good timing, though.

Seriously. King Dodonga was easier than Gohma, and Gohma has a glitch where you can instantly kill her in the N64 Cart.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
None of the bosses in OoT are actually hard once you know what to do, they're only hard when you are 12 years old and playing the game blind.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Or when you toss on unnecessary footwear.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Silegna posted:

Seriously. King Dodonga was easier than Gohma, and Gohma has a glitch where you can instantly kill her in the N64 Cart.
I wasn't aware Hyrule Warriors came out on the N64.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

I wasn't aware Hyrule Warriors came out on the N64.

That's...not what I meant. I was replying to his comment on how easy King Dodongo was. No relation to his Hyrule Warrior's comment.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Silegna posted:

That's...not what I meant. I was replying to his comment on how easy King Dodongo was. No relation to his Hyrule Warrior's comment.
:thejoke:
In Hyrule Warriors Gohma is an easy boss, but King Dodongo is even easier.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Tin Hat posted:

:thejoke:
In Hyrule Warriors Gohma is an easy boss, but King Dodongo is even easier.

Is Gohma even IN Hyrule Warriors?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Silegna posted:

Yes. Second boss you fight.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Silegna posted:

Gohma Classic from NES Zelda is in it.

Xalenda
Mar 3, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hahaha nobody will even notice he's gone. All their voices sound exactly the same anyway.
That's not true, I like your LPs, guys.

Also if you really think he's leaving you didn't listen to the video properly.

I admit... I kinda posted halfway through the video, rather than listen to it all the way.
I feel very dumb.
Now to return to lurking and never saying anything.
(P.S. MORE OLIVIA DERN IT!)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Try going back to the Happy Mask Salesman after selling a mask but not having any Rupees, you get quite the reaction from him. :v:

It's similar to the Rich Guy on Windfall Island in Wind Waker, smash his pots but if you have no rupees, he gets furious and throws you out.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

As far as I know, at least one Great Fairy is required for finishing the game.

E: Oh, when you visit the second Fairy you say as much, contradicting your earlier statement. Okay whatever, ignore this then.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 31, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Carbon dioxide posted:

As far as I know, at least one Great Fairy is required for finishing the game.

E: Oh, when you visit the second Fairy you say as much, contradicting your earlier statement. Okay whatever, ignore this then.

Actually he was sort of right the first time and wrong the second time, along with you!

You do not need Din's Fire to finish the game; the part with the circle of torches that most people think Din's Fire is necessary for can in fact be done with fire arrows. I happen to know this because the first time i played OoT it never occurred to me that Din's Fire could light torches, so I did it with fire arrows instead.

It requires near perfect aim to light 2 - 3 torches per arrow and I think you need the larger magic meter to pull it off which I guess means you do need to see a fairy, but Din's Fire is not in fact necessary to finish the game. It makes the game easier certainly, but you can finish that puzzle without it. At least you could in the original, they may have tweaked how long the torches stay lit in OoT3D.

e: Note that I do not recommend trying to finish that puzzle with fire arrows; just go see the drat fairy.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 31, 2015

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Yeah, schnauzers are way bigger than that. We're talking like, the size of a German Shepherd. Maybe bigger. They're hypoallergenic (I am also obsessed with dogs)!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

There's more than one kind of schnauzer, though.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Travis is currently recovering from a throat infection, and he encouraged me and Yoshi to do some recording without him during the downtime, so I figured it was as good a time as ever to start bringing in some guest commentators. We have several waiting in the wings that we've wanted to work with, but if you would like to offer yourself as a commentator, we will certainly consider it. We have only recorded to Part 6, up to right before the next dungeon.

In the meantime I'm starting another semi-solo LP project (a'la Survival Kids) of two Harvest Moon games, Tale of Two Towns for the DS/3DS and Hero of Leaf Valley for the PSP. There'll be a lot more thread participation than previous LPs, and to kick it off I wanted to give y'all a chance to suggest names for my characters. Later we'll vote on our favourites and the sex of the ToTT character (HoLV is male only). Note! - Two Towns has a 6-character limit, while Leaf Valley has a 12-character limit. Otherwise, go hog wild.

I'm happy to discuss the HM LPs here until the thread is started, but let's move the discussion there afterward.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

ThornBrain posted:

Travis is currently recovering from a throat infection, and he encouraged me and Yoshi to do some recording without him during the downtime, so I figured it was as good a time as ever to start bringing in some guest commentators. We have several waiting in the wings that we've wanted to work with, but if you would like to offer yourself as a commentator, we will certainly consider it. We have only recorded to Part 6, up to right before the next dungeon.

In the meantime I'm starting another semi-solo LP project (a'la Survival Kids) of two Harvest Moon games, Tale of Two Towns for the DS/3DS and Hero of Leaf Valley for the PSP. There'll be a lot more thread participation than previous LPs, and to kick it off I wanted to give y'all a chance to suggest names for my characters. Later we'll vote on our favourites and the sex of the ToTT character (HoLV is male only). Note! - Two Towns has a 6-character limit, while Leaf Valley has a 12-character limit. Otherwise, go hog wild.

I'm happy to discuss the HM LPs here until the thread is started, but let's move the discussion there afterward.

Dongus, because I'm 5 years old.

Also get well soon Travis!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Travis is currently recovering from a throat infection, and he encouraged me and Yoshi to do some recording without him during the downtime, so I figured it was as good a time as ever to start bringing in some guest commentators.

Wait, was that really Travis' last episode after all?!

And Shane

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.

ThornBrain posted:

There'll be a lot more thread participation than previous LPs, and to kick it off I wanted to give y'all a chance to suggest names for my characters. Later we'll vote on our favourites and the sex of the ToTT character (HoLV is male only). Note! - Two Towns has a 6-character limit, while Leaf Valley has a 12-character limit. Otherwise, go hog wild.

I suggest that one of them be named Travis, as a sendoff to an exiled- in honor of a mute former memb-... so we can run this joke into the ground. The ground, I say!
Could be either game, depending on whether you get a 12-char name you like better, or the other name you pick is for a girl.

Drop a link when the new thread goes up, and I'll gladly add it to my forest of open LP tabs.

SarcasticBeetlej
Jan 9, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

Here's hoping Travis gets better.

As for a name, I suggest DIO

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

HoLV should be a boy named Derwin, who is doing field biology wrong. Two Towns should be a girl named Babana because why not.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I like DIO.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I cast my vote for Ed, it's short, simple, and renders any conversation hilarious.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'll suggest Dumple for a boy, and Ginger for a girl. Or have them for either gender. I'm not picky.

Also, get well soon Travis!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh man, two HM games I never played! I love the series but I just can't play every one. It'll be nice to see them.

I'll suggest Angus for the boy because it's a really farmery name, and the other one should be a girl named Oh Goodness, just to make every conversation extra weird.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I'll shy away from Strawhat memes and go with general memes: Duane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
IT WAS I DIO
For the 12 character name.

• Locked thread