Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mune
Sep 23, 2006
I just read the Gastelum/Woodley fight is still on, Kelvin just got fined 30% of his purse though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I'm assuming that Woodley received assurances from Dana and the Fertittas that they would take care of him in the future if he lost. Woodley had a lot of leverage. He's got every right to decline the fight, and he knows the UFC badly wants it to continue.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Looks like Weidman is out vs Vitor ...?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dirt posted:

at least read some of the thread dude

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dirt posted:

Correct. Rousey is now headlining 184

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm sorry. Last pages didn't load on my phone. Nevermimd me. I'm retarded.

Edit: apparently I am really dumb. Geeze.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 31, 2015

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Bubba Smith posted:

Anyway they announced Kelvin vs Woodley is off, Woodley will step in to fight Thatch on Feb 14th. That sort of works out.

It would have been a great fight, but this is good too. 10 pounds is ridiculous, glad Kevin gets no money, maybe this will motivate him to eat more vegetables.

mune posted:

I just read the Gastelum/Woodley fight is still on, Kelvin just got fined 30% of his purse though.

Is it on or off?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

It would have been a great fight, but this is good too. 10 pounds is ridiculous, glad Kevin gets no money, maybe this will motivate him to eat more vegetables.

Is it on or off?

It's on. The fill in for Thompson was what Daniel Cormier said in the middle of Woodley's 20 minutes to decide whether or not he would take the Gastelum fight. UFC is currently looking for a replacement for Thatch.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
loving hell

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

mune posted:

It should be off if Ariel is correct and the reason he was 10lbs over was that he was sick all week, 175 last night but started vomiting at 5 am so he had to be hydrated in hospital. Kelvin is in no medical condition to fight, purse or no purse.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Is it on or off?

He was on track to make weight despite being sick all week, this is hardly Kelvin is Fat.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sick or not sick Kelvin's toughest opponent is always going to be the scale and that's real sad because he's really fun to watch fight and seems like a pretty decent guy

If he was really at the hospital this morning he really shouldn't be fighting

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Chris Weidman: Perpetually injured

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Make Thatch wait and fight condit and then the ufc can have all my money.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Sick or not sick Kelvin's toughest opponent is always going to be the scale and that's real sad because he's really fun to watch fight and seems like a pretty decent guy

If he was really at the hospital this morning he really shouldn't be fighting

It sucks because he looks way too short for middleweight.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they could put Matt Brown back on that card to fight Thatch on 2 weeks notice

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Who fights hendricks then? Also matt brown isn't going to drop out of a fight with the top ranked former champion to fight a relatively unknown prospect. (A good, exciting one buy still.)

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

oh yeah I'm retarded

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Crell posted:

Why did I listen to FRB? Apparently the fight is actually still on after "extensive" negotiations and 30% fine that goes to Woodley.

Ian just said he gets 30% of Lineker's purse, so I dunno how much negotiation would have been required for that.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Gregor Samsa posted:

Ian just said he gets 30% of Lineker's purse, so I dunno how much negotiation would have been required for that.

Yeah, there must be some more behind the scenes stuff. I got that from the mmajunkie article.

After extensive negotiations, the fight will go on as scheduled, though Gastelum was docked 30 percent of his pay, all of which is awarded to Woodley

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I am both extremely excited and extremely nervous.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I am both extremely excited and extremely nervous.

if any of the reports are true Nick Diaz does not want to be there at all. Diaz can tune that poo poo out and 209 his way through a fight but Anderson should be winning before they even touch gloves.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
When Oliveira was too sick to make weight, they scratched the fight. I don't know why this is going on.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Also apparently if McCall-Lineker get a fotn bonus, Ian gets to keep both of them. Holy poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

When Oliveira was too sick to make weight, they scratched the fight. I don't know why this is going on.

I imagine by getting medical care early on Kelvin checks out with the doctors while the guys who try to ride it out end up unable to do so.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

if any of the reports are true Nick Diaz does not want to be there at all. Diaz can tune that poo poo out and 209 his way through a fight but Anderson should be winning before they even touch gloves.

I feel like regardless of how diaz feels now once he's in the cage he's going to fight his heart out because that's just the way he is.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Gregor Samsa posted:

Also apparently if McCall-Lineker get a fotn bonus, Ian gets to keep both of them. Holy poo poo.

yep, this has happened before, people who don't make weight don't get bonuses. I've seen someone get the entire FOTN bonus

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Gastelum/Woodley negotiations were so extensive they somehow got pac/mayweather done too.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Gastelum/Woodley negotiations were so extensive they somehow got pac/mayweather done too.

:lol:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

UFC is currently looking for a replacement [to fight] Thatch.

So like, Neil Magny is already booked to fight on this card. I'M JUST SAYING.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

colonel_korn posted:

So like, Neil Magny is already booked to fight on this card. I'M JUST SAYING.

I understand people are on the Magny bandwagon, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but if you have Neil Magny headlining a FS1 show you're basically saying Neil Magny is UFC's guy. And I don't think they're ready to go there yet.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress yeah

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Meltzer is speculating that the Weidman vitor fight will be the new main event of the april show, on top of dillashaw vs barao 2, and bones vs rumble will be at the May ppv.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They're both past their primes but floyd has a declined far less, I don't terribly want to see him euthanise Manny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EmmyOk posted:

They're both past their primes but floyd has a declined far less, I don't terribly want to see him euthanise Manny.

It's a dude who does horrible things against someone who believes horrible things and yet it isn't for the UFC LHW title.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
well, looks like I might watch a boxing match for the first time in 17 years.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

It's a dude who does horrible things against someone who believes horrible things and yet it isn't for the UFC LHW title.

Jones is small time compared to how odious those two can be.

Kind of want Cat Zingano to beat Ronda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The only people howling in agony will be the people who pay $55 for the PPV and realize they waited 6 years for what they're witnessing

• Locked thread