Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

krushgroove posted:

Wow. OK. Some seriously amazing stuff coming through :)

I'm at the Nurnberg Toy Fair this past week so I haven't had much time or internet connection, but I'll give you this next month's Inquisitor's Journal theme, which is 'break the 4th wall'.

Like last year, this involves somehow adding something to your model, paint or base that is outside the normal genre of any model you Oath this month. You can sculpt it, add a bit, do a conversion, paint it, or whatever.

There are a lot of cross-genre models and game settings out there, so there's a LOT of leeway for this Journal. If you have any questions just pipe up, it's OK.

I'll update this post with SRM's fantastic art and the storyline as soon as I can.

Would real-world references qualify here, or are you looking for elements from other fictional universes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Based on last year, basically anything you think you can justify!

Must think about what I'm going for... It's been far too long since I've oathed.

E: for instance, last year my mage invented toilet paper:

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 1, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Someone modeled an outrageous Ork thing that broke the 4th wall with the real world last season iirc, the level of skill involved makes me assume it was laika

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Last year I did a space marine flipping the bird. It's really pretty open ended.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

Would real-world references qualify here, or are you looking for elements from other fictional universes?

Like thespaceinvader says, basically anything can qualify here. If you want to throw in a Matrix reference on a Mars Attacks model, go for it! It's really not strict at all: mix Scooby Doo with the Aliens universe, blend Doctor Who into 40K, whatever. Paint Tony Blair's face on a Land Raider, if you want to. This is limited only by your creativity, so I'd expect a LOT of pretty wild entries this month vying for the Judge's points! Painters and modelers go wild :) Just have fun with this one.

Also, I clarified the post to say that you only have to do the Journal one any one model you Oath this month, it doesn't have to be on more than one model unless you want it to.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Galaspar posted:

Last year I got some judge points for painting a Flame Phoenix like a Parrot.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint nine skeleton archers and one mummy captain for the month of February

I'm going to have to make an oath addition for the model I'll be jurnaling with, as I need to get a mini from the store for it and driving anywhere today is contraindicated, but I want to get started!

And the download bar I stupidly left up on my screen is blocked out due to possibly containing information about my job. :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath Commander Adept Nemo, from Privateer Press's Warmachine Cygnar line, and Sidir Archibal from Wyrd Game's Malifaux Guild/Ten Thunders line.

Will be making an oath addition later for the jurnal.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I, Harkano, oath Vayl, a Scythean and a Neraph, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight army

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint nine skeleton archers and one mummy captain for the month of February

I'm going to have to make an oath addition for the model I'll be jurnaling with, as I need to get a mini from the store for it and driving anywhere today is contraindicated, but I want to get started!

And the download bar I stupidly left up on my screen is blocked out due to possibly containing information about my job. :v:

I just realized I forgot to tell what manufacturer these are. It's probably obvious, but they are 28mm Bones minis by Reaper.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing 6 Necron Wraiths:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February, 5 GW Glade Guard, a converted Naestra and Arahan (The eagle and the two unbased glade guard, and a GW Terrorghiest

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Double posting for ease of paperwork.

I am also ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATHING all my Deadzone Forge Father models - Freya, Huscarl, 9 Brokker, four drones with crew, a Jotun Urban Demolisher, two Bikers, and twelve Forge Guard.

I think we only need two or three more people to activate the Alternate Universe contest, so let's find something long term projects we need finished in the new year!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 6 Necron Wraiths:

I have been waiting for this!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

krushgroove posted:

Like thespaceinvader says, basically anything can qualify here. If you want to throw in a Matrix reference on a Mars Attacks model, go for it! It's really not strict at all: mix Scooby Doo with the Aliens universe, blend Doctor Who into 40K, whatever. Paint Tony Blair's face on a Land Raider, if you want to. This is limited only by your creativity, so I'd expect a LOT of pretty wild entries this month vying for the Judge's points! Painters and modelers go wild :) Just have fun with this one.

Also, I clarified the post to say that you only have to do the Journal one any one model you Oath this month, it doesn't have to be on more than one model unless you want it to.

*Looks at his up-Hammed Gundam that already has a layer of paint on torso*

...gently caress. Gonna gave to oath an SM scout then :(

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

JcDent posted:

*Looks at his up-Hammed Gundam that already has a layer of paint on torso*

...gently caress. Gonna gave to oath an SM scout then :(

Base coat the entire model in the same color as the torso? That'll make it legal to oath, if I understand the rules correctly. Then you can just continue painting them whatever.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Krushgroove, did you get my email back in December about the Dragonforge prize I apparently won from my one and only oath back in November?? I haven't heard back at all

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

HiveCommander posted:

Krushgroove, did you get my email back in December about the Dragonforge prize I apparently won from my one and only oath back in November?? I haven't heard back at all

I'm in the same boat from earlier than that as well, have heard nothing from Krushgroove or Dragonforge on it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I won DF stuff two seasons running and still haven't gotten any. :smith:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

moths posted:

I won DF stuff two seasons running and still haven't gotten any. :smith:

So what you are saying is, that when I won two prizes and choose the DF bases, I made the wrong choice... :(

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Oath 20 Dreadball Xtreme Kalyshi Pirates

That's 8 Strikers, 8 Jacks and 4 wounded players, all 28mm by Mantic Games.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath
A Gao Rael and a Kotail, From Corvus belli/Infinity

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 10 nihilators from PP, 3 cogs, and Skabrus from GW's Dreadfleet for the month of February

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

One thing I've contemplated trying my hand at is a cel-shaded style like http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/1100-rx-78-2-gundam-animation-color.html - would that qualify for the Jurnal or should I think of something else?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hi guys, late night before I leave for the UK but all the Oaths so far look good, get started on them! I'll look at them closer when I get home and settled, plus post the link to December Oath Photo Album, which I didn't get to do before I left.

HiveCommander posted:

I did get it, haven't had a chance to reply to it yet, sorry! I haven't had a reply from Dragon Forge on prize info I've sent to him in at least a few months, (as well as the ongoing incommunicado from Games'n'Gears) and I really don't know what to say. During the summer Jeff was emailing me shipping confirmations CC'd to the prize winners but that has dropped off now. I will send the latest prizewinner info and ask what's happening with anyone who's piped up with missing stuff. It seems I'll have to drop two sponsors soon.

Zark the Damned posted:

One thing I've contemplated trying my hand at is a cel-shaded style like http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/1100-rx-78-2-gundam-animation-color.html - would that qualify for the Jurnal or should I think of something else?

Well it would probably win you the entire month if you do it as well as that guy! But yeah, depending what you put it on it'd definitely work as a Journal. Put it on a gritty space marine or even a modern-day character or vehicle, etc., and I'd say worlds are colliding!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

krushgroove posted:

I did get it, haven't had a chance to reply to it yet, sorry! I haven't had a reply from Dragon Forge on prize info I've sent to him in at least a few months, (as well as the ongoing incommunicado from Games'n'Gears) and I really don't know what to say. During the summer Jeff was emailing me shipping confirmations CC'd to the prize winners but that has dropped off now. I will send the latest prizewinner info and ask what's happening with anyone who's piped up with missing stuff. It seems I'll have to drop two sponsors soon.

Thanks for the response! Hopefully they aren't messing with us :ohdear:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It's not that, just the one guy that does everything is really busy and really behind on things. Games'n'Gears is always pushing out new product and that keeps them super busy. Expanding your business in one way can hurt it in other ways, unfortunately. But we'll see! I am on the verge of dropping G'n'G, it's just very very hard to get what was promised from them.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

Got any guides to cel shading? That's :stare: levels of gorgeous

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I won some weathering powders and I never heard back from you, as well.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I am starting off February with: Zuriel!
Privateer Press

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition

Terran starter, from 10mm Planetfall by Spartan Games

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Well it would probably win you the entire month if you do it as well as that guy! But yeah, depending what you put it on it'd definitely work as a Journal. Put it on a gritty space marine or even a modern-day character or vehicle, etc., and I'd say worlds are colliding!

I was thinking of doing it on some Relic Knights figures (which is kind of an anime-esque setting but the official paint jobs are fairly standard, e.g http://sodapopminiatures.com/relic-knights/diamond-corps), though possibly will do a practice run on some other guys first. Doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as Gundam Guy's stuff though.

Magres posted:

Got any guides to cel shading? That's :stare: levels of gorgeous

Sadly not, will need to do some more research first. I'll try remember to write up my findings.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Electric Hobo oathing stuff for February: 8 Viper Legion archers. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG as always.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following:

4 Firestorm Armada ships (1:10,000 Spartan Games)
3 Plague Toads (28mm Forge World)
1 Chaos Dwarf (28mm Marauder)
and one Hajad, Pirate (28mm Reaper)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of February 2015:
1 M8 Tank and 5 Diamond Corps

28mm(?) from Soda Pop Miniatures.

Possibly more to come later if I get through these guys quickly and am happy with them.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Just wondering as I don't see it in the rules, but is there a limit on how many Jurnals you can claim for a single oath? For example, if I were to come up with something that had a custom banner, freehand details adorning its body, and moody object source lighting casting dramatic light upon its fourth wall breaking madness, would I be eligible to claim four jurnals at once?

I'm not sure I could manage all that, but if I did.... ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

afaik you only get the 1 point for doing any Jurnals in a month. Multiple achievements can be claimed though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for the mysterious month of February

• 1 Lynx medium mech with 1 each of the A, B and C weapon packs and 2 Raptor light mechs with 1 each of the A, B and C weapon packs, for Mecha Front by Paulson Games (15mm)
  • 1 Void Dragon Phoenix by FW for 40k (28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think we only need two or three more people to activate the Alternate Universe contest, so let's find something long term projects we need finished in the new year!

I'll step up then

:boom: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :boom:

One Forge Father Strike Team for Deadzone plus Warpath reinforcements, by Mantic in 28mm

• 1 Jotunn Urban Demolisher
  • 7 Brokkr Engineers with 3 Nutcracker Inferno Drills and 4 Frag-Ramms
  • 3 Chief Brokkrs
  • 6 Brokkrs and 2 Brokkrs with Magma Rifles
  • 4 Valkyrs
  • 1 Iron Ancestor and 1 Urban Pattern Iron Ancestor
  • 3 Huscarls in Forge Guard Armour
  • 9 Forge Guard, 2 Forge Guard with autocannons, 2 Forge Guard with Magma Cannons and 2 Forge Guard with Missile Launchers

Who else is ready to BRING IT? :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath 5 Tempestus Scions and one Taurox for February

• Locked thread