Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Poopy Palpy posted:

The underpants are pretty nice.

I agree, I actually bought some MeUndies and they are very comfortable. The material is nice and so is the pouch for your big ol' hog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I just miss that one website full of dildos n poo poo and funny secret codes. I can't believe I don't remember its name considering how long they were a loyal and hilarity-inducing MBMBAM sponsor.

Extreme Restraints dot com, the online erotic superstore?

Those ads were the best. I wish they would go back to sponsoring MBMBAM.

I also kind of miss Farm Wisdom.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I miss the PSAs. Teen CEO Awareness Week was great.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The Duke posted:

I agree, I actually bought some MeUndies and they are very comfortable. The material is nice and so is the pouch for your big ol' hog.

Can you not buy underwear with hog pouches in shops where you are from?

Bring back the cod piece in 2015 imho.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I don't really care about the ads, but the jumbotron poo poo is terrible.

this is tinkle tankle, i want to wish steve the tyrannosaurus rex, snoop doggy cat and hirem the holodome a happy super day. i hope you all bleep blorp your steep storps! don't forget to water the concrete!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

myron cope posted:

I don't really care about the ads, but the jumbotron poo poo is terrible.

this is tinkle tankle, i want to wish steve the tyrannosaurus rex, snoop doggy cat and hirem the holodome a happy super day. i hope you all bleep blorp your steep storps! don't forget to water the concrete!

"Thanks for vibing it AND keeping it tight, if you need me I'm on my mobile" makes up for all the stupid ones and then some.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Teddybear posted:

I miss the PSAs. Teen CEO Awareness Week was great.

That was pretty much the apex of that bit.

Good luck sleeping your way to the top PEDOPHILE!

He cuts the budget just to feel.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
I am enjoying the weekly haunted doll updates, I must say.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea haunted doll alert watch whatever needs to stick around.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Do I recall correctly that one of the brothers has/had an account here?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Sivart13 posted:

I'm a big Jesse Thorn supporter, but he's really not killing it with the kickstarters. 1000 Cones barely squeaked through, Make Your Thing failed, and #TotesEat seems to be struggling. It's really hard to imagine Brian & Lindsay Will Totally Eat That having any utility in an universe where MATES exists.

Short videos of people eating dumb poo poo is exactly the kind of thing people might find amusing on the Internet, but they're never going to drop some cash to make them exist. It's a bad idea for a Kickstarter. It's not some kind of high-concept thing you can feel good about making happen. It's Internet junk food.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJTJiueN_Y

I guess whoever asked that question way back never got an answer they liked.

Edit: hmm...tried to link it with the proper time already set but I think the forums automatically turn the link into something else?

Anyway, it starts two minutes in.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJTJiueN_Y

I guess whoever asked that question way back never got an answer they liked.

Edit: hmm...tried to link it with the proper time already set but I think the forums automatically turn the link into something else?

Anyway, it starts two minutes in.

I thought the first kid had the best name with Toot, but "The Rock, because he's... The Rock/hero." wins it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The adventure zone is so drat good :allears:

I love that it's apparently ludicrously popular too. Hopefully that motivates them to keep going, setting everything up and editing it is probably a shitload of work.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I really wish I could find a group like theirs to play pathfinder with

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

VDay posted:

The adventure zone is so drat good :allears:

I love that it's apparently ludicrously popular too. Hopefully that motivates them to keep going, setting everything up and editing it is probably a shitload of work.

Yeah, I love Nerd Poker, the D&D podcast hosted by Brian Posehn, but it's garbage-tier compared to Adventure Zone. It actually makes me a little sad that podcast monetization is so lovely that Justin and Griffin will probably never earn anywhere near as much money from the Adventure Zone as they do in their day jobs making videos & articles for Polygon, no matter how big the podcast gets.

That's why I never get upset about their money zone spots, I know that for most people it's a huge fight to just break even on podcasts, so I don't begrudge anyone running all the ads they can get. The one exception is when they ran the ads for Prosper, but that's just because I'm an accountant and shilling for unsecured personal loan resellers masquerading as "peer-to-peer" lenders rubs me entirely the wrong way.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I just realized: Did Justin ever use his unlimited pasta pass?

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Mr Tastee posted:

I just realized: Did Justin ever use his unlimited pasta pass?

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/562039751927431168

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If it never ends, once is all you need.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
That's a hundred dollar plate of pasta. Well, a hundred dollar plate of Olive Garden's approximation of pasta.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Justin is just a glorious creature.

edit: What episode did they talk about it on again? I remember the video but the other 2's reaction to it was golden too.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

That's a hundred dollar plate of pasta. Well, a hundred dollar plate of Olive Garden's approximation of pasta.

Hundred dollar never ending pasta plus soft drinks for anyone else at the table. So, you know. Still a colossal waste of money.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Wow I just realize I'm going to have to restart a twitter account to get my MBMBaM fix between mondays.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Uh so I usually listen to MBMBaM late at night and sometimes fall asleep. So last night I fell asleep and all of a sudden I woke up and there were crazy disturbing sounds coming out of my phone, just weird disjointed creepy garbage sounds and strange phrases. I couldn't stop the podcast fast enough. So thanks a lot brothers. You made a guy wake up in the middle of the night and think he was being attacked by a ghost.

Edit: Honestly I'm wondering if this even happened, or if I dreamed it. Now I gotta listen to the ep while I'm fully awake.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 3, 2015

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Was it the Stack Soap jingle? That definitely happens to me when that episode plays.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Uh so I usually listen to MBMBaM late at night ... attacked by a ghost.

I always knew it was only a matter of time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
No, I found it - it was the Baby Geniuses ad at 46:22 in Monday's ep.

Imagine waking up to that poo poo coming out of your phone and fumbling around in the dark to shut it up. It doesn't help that in my groggy haze it sounded like an enemy in Thief: The Dark Project that is pretty terrifying in sound design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNSh-MJRwAA&t=84s

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 4, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress that ad. I don't need a full minute of fine print speak about poo poo you've probably never brought up on your show but oh dear, aren't we quirky?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
worth pointing out that this week's Money Zone was really loving good

doos
Jan 1, 2015

abraham linksys posted:

worth pointing out that this week's Money Zone was really loving good

I'm glad they're starting to speak out about stuff like dumb Money Zone in-jokes, and creepy incest yahoo answers.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress that ad. I don't need a full minute of fine print speak about poo poo you've probably never brought up on your show but oh dear, aren't we quirky?

They have in fact covered those topics.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I think the JJGO ad the the end of this one is the only MaxFun ad I've ever liked. It reminds me of SA front page articles. Your own personal radioactive brick!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Granted, I listen to the show already, but I've really enjoyed the JJGO ads once they started getting silly with them. The one that had a weird sex-line commercial tone made me laugh every time I heard it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Which episode did Griffin put Justin's Jimmy Buffet playlist on blast? I've been wanting to relisten to that bit since i heard it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

It's sometime (like a month or two) before Justin's kid was born I'm pretty sure, sorry I can't be more specific.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zaggitz posted:

Which episode did Griffin put Justin's Jimmy Buffet playlist on blast? I've been wanting to relisten to that bit since i heard it.

I'll do you one better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEbMykp4Pk

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Episode 220 42:20ish

e: or that youtube link for all of it :argh:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's up there with warrior cat names for me for best Griffin-reads-a-list bits. His delivery is so drat good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VDay posted:

That's up there with warrior cat names for me for best Griffin-reads-a-list bits. His delivery is so drat good.

I think like 50% of the show's humor, for me, comes from Griffin's delivery of things and general syntax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think like 50% of the show's humor, for me, comes from Griffin's delivery of things and general syntax.

He plays the authority figure trying to wrangle his brothers into line really well. Great choice making him the DM for the Adventure Zone.

• Locked thread