Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
OK, so first impression:

idiotic poo poo carried over from BF4:
- lens flare is even worse than in BF4
- the idiots chose to leave in the "psh psh psh" sound of DMRs that everybody hated so much it was removed from BF4
- spawn mechanics are just as hosed as in BF4 (spawn in between baddies, spawn under fire)

other than that:
- graphics seem like a step down from BF4
- dust bowl conquest is a sniperfest
- that car driving mode is literally steal car drive in circles until you get blown up, rinse repeat
- the maps look really sterile, just as if they reduced debris etc. to gain some performance
- gunplay may be good, but this is CS/COD twitch shooting now

Standing by my not buying it except for bargain bin, but even that is less certain now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I saw lots of people banned today from a server. Are people cheating in this game already? I never got BF4 ,so I don't know how bad it was.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So the vault is pretty much just a "spam grenades into the room and guarantee a stack of kills" room on heist?

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Anyone know if getting locked out of Team Setup is a bug or a feature? I've always had the habit of surfing the squads until I found some that weren't useless but 2/3 servers I played on I'd inevitably be paired off with some mouth breathing sniper who never got within 100 meters of an enemy flag.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
yea, this does feel very twitchy. TTK is too low. Hot wire can be fun for a while.

You can change your team, its on the top menu with everything else.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Did someone say hotwire was amazing? Cause it is. Hotwire should be a $20 DLC but you know, business is business.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

notlodar posted:

Did someone say hotwire was amazing? Cause it is. Hotwire should be a $20 DLC but you know, business is business.

In BF4 :D

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Feenix posted:

Thanks. Yeah ok so I took your advice and started tinkering with settings. The game ended or the server closed and it booted me out and lost my settings. Is this really the best they can do for a front-end? How awkward.

The interface is horrible. They keep pushing their battlelog shitfest, which means the game keeps closing and opening to switch servers, and you run into problems like you just have.

Frankly EA is doing so much poo poo wrong I don't get why people support their games. The core of the game is good, everything around it is crap. A fast paced action shooter, where movement is clunkier than ArmA games? Horrible interface? poo poo netcode with some amazing desync at low ping levels? Sign me up! :downs:

The core of the game is great, it's just too bad it had to be an EA franchise. Also, massive shilling going on at twitch and youtube, where internet personalities are being paid to say how much a great game this is. Oh and they can't discuss bugs/glitches. Journalism!

breed to death
Aug 16, 2013

Zephirum posted:

Hotwire is amazing.

Came here to post this. I'm really enjoying this beta but I'm confused because according to the BF4 thread that makes me both gay AND retarded, and I don't know how I'll tell my parents.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

breed to death posted:

Came here to post this. I'm really enjoying this beta but I'm confused because according to the BF4 thread that makes me both gay AND retarded, and I don't know how I'll tell my parents.

People decided this game would be poo poo the second they heard about it and while the proof is right in front of them they'd rather be right than enjoy themselves.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone know why im not seeing an option to use Mantle ?, have the Omega drivers installed and am on a A10 7800 APU.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

People decided this game would be poo poo the second they heard about it and while the proof is right in front of them they'd rather be right than enjoy themselves.

I am still collecting screencaps of all the "I will never buy this game it is garbage." posts so that when they inevitably cave in, I can remind them that they would never be playing the game.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Someone post that MW2 boycott group image.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I hate this 'buy' system they've come up with, they've built everything on top of the old BF4 lvl up system on how to unlock things, but now you have to buy everything once it's been unlocked. This on top of the fact there are no more universal guns anymore so if you want to buy a gun or attachment for a class you pretty much have to buy it twice if you want us it for both sides. :cripes:

Except Hardline is actually good.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 4, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Except Hardline is actually good.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So, you can equip weapons of the opposite faction by using the battlelog loadout system.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I wouldn't say the game is great, I mean it's got good elements but it's just kinda ok from the 3-4 hours I've put into it so far.

Heist just ain't that fun, maybe it's the Bank level that's the problem but I doubt it. And yeah, the unlock system is somehow even more convoluted this time around which just boggles my mind. Hotwire is pretty fun to blast around in. Conquest is Conquest but without tanks/LAVs/massive attack boats so it just feels like a watered down version of previous installments there. Also disappointing that there's just not that much in the way of destruction ala the BC2 heydays of old, or hell even BF3/4 which is a shame. Sure, there's nice bits of microdestruction and "Levelution" is what it is but sometimes I just want to blow a 3-storey building to smithereens.

It seems well made with some nice little touches here and there but certainly not something I'm gonna buy day of release, maybe a year down the line when the price drops and if there's still people playing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

all i have to go on for this game is a beta rather than the full game and the releases of bf3 and bf4 which were pretty much abortions

i don't have any intentions on buying this game, but if the game comes out and it ends up being good then i'll be happy to pick it up

i just feel kind of burnt by the bf4 DLC that i bought a season pass for

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this game doesn't seem to be any good at all

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Not a Battlefield game, still feels just as lame as it did last beta.

I also hate hate hate the new money unlock system.

Battlefield 4 is fine.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.
:cumpolice::cumpolice:This game is fun. Buy it now.:cumpolice::cumpolice:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

all i have to go on for this game is a beta rather than the full game and the releases of bf3 and bf4 which were pretty much abortions

i don't have any intentions on buying this game, but if the game comes out and it ends up being good then i'll be happy to pick it up

i just feel kind of burnt by the bf4 DLC that i bought a season pass for

You play Planetside.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You play Planetside.

so do you?

you've probably played more recently than me if you've logged in in like the last 6 months for any length of time

ok i logged in 70 days more recently than you apparently

eonwe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 4, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
:siren: Woop Woop :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jcojxeMibA

The radios are really nice

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

You guys are out of your loving minds if you're really gonna pay 60 dollars for this hot mess

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

You play Planetside.

Planetside is free.

Hardline is not.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

You guys are out of your loving minds if you're really gonna pay 60 dollars for this hot mess

:cumpolice:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

Planetside is free.

Hardline is not.

i like playing games with dr strangelove

this is a weird attempted burn tho

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

TubeStank posted:

Goons set up a boycott BF4 steam group which seems relevant joke wise.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm done, hasn't even been a day and I'm done with it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Delacroix posted:

Goons set up a boycott BF4 steam group which seems relevant joke wise.

he was kinda right

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

he was kinda right

Planetside is more broken now than BF4 was at launch.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

There aren't really a lot of guns or unlockables to warrant the $70CAD purchase price

How is there no AK47?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Game feels like CoD:BlOps2

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
This poo poo owns

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Driving cars in circles is kinda fun but it feels like a janky CS mod not a $60 sequel to BF4.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

So what

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you enjoy the game good, I'm not saying you are wrong for enjoying it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eonwe posted:

he was kinda right

lmao you're an idiot go bitch about this game somewhere else

this game owns

run the jewels is playable in cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

At least SOE was able to get more than 32 players on a server before it crashed.

• Locked thread