Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Someone's trying to get on her level, cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

^^^ :staredog:

I might catch some grief for saying this but if you let sports dictate your overall mood you very likely have other issues.

If you catch grief over that then the person throwing it has some real self-esteem issues.

old dog child posted:

I diversified my sports teams. Lakers, Broncos, A's, and FC Everton. I can't go wrong!

Go A's! (I wish baseball was entertaining somewhere besides the radio.)

Ozu posted:

This new trend is going to be hilarious until some goon recognises his ex. Then it's going to be even more hilarious.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
One of the guys I watched the game with rooted against the Patriots because Edelman hosed his roommate's girlfriend in college.

That made everyone else root for him harder.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

^^^ :staredog:

I might catch some grief for saying this but if you let sports dictate your overall mood you very likely have other issues.

The Colts losing in the playoffs used to ruin my week when I was fifteen. Now when it happens I don't really care, unless I'm drunk at the time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Raku posted:

One of the guys I watched the game with rooted against the Patriots because Edelman hosed his roommate's girlfriend in college.

So everyone decided to root for rear end in a top hat behavior?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Josh Lyman posted:

So everyone decided to root for rear end in a top hat behavior?

Everyone else rooted for Edelman because that one dude was being stupid. (Edelman isn't at fault for loving her, she's at fault for cheating)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It's really about ethics in wide receiving.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chichevache posted:

Everyone else rooted for Edelman because that one dude was being stupid. (Edelman isn't at fault for loving her, she's at fault for cheating)

yep

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ozu posted:

drat Jules, he can't even deny it like ODB did.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Mister Fister posted:

drat Jules, he can't even deny it like ODB did.
Why deny it?

Could be photoshopped though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Seriously what's the point of picking up some gross floozy if she's going to tell everyone about it, keep that poo poo on the DL

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

GaussianCopula posted:

Why deny it?

Could be photoshopped though.

Most people like privacy. Maybe he's in a relationship with someone else.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Mister Fister posted:

Most people like privacy. Maybe he's in a relationship with someone else.

Not anymore he ain't

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
N: D'Qwell Jackson (colts, the guy that intercepted the "deflated" ball) has been arrested for assault http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/04/report-dqwell-jackson-arrested-for-assault/

V: Karma is a bitch.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You should've posted the explaination for the arrest

quote:

Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson has been arrested for punching a pizza delivery person twice in the head during an argument over a parking spot.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Patriots Duckboat Parade starts in 30 minutes, this is apparently the streaming link:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/show/live-video/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Finally, what you're all dying for. Link to live stream of the parade.

http://nesn.com/2015/02/patriots-victory-parade-live-stream-boston-honors-super-bowl-xlix-champs/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Raku posted:

go minitron

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

go minitron

That explains why she's still awake and he isn't.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mister Fister posted:

Patriots Duckboat Parade starts in 30 minutes, this is apparently the streaming link:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/show/live-video/

Here's hoping for a mass drowning in the Charles river.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Chichevache posted:

That explains why she's still awake and he isn't.

at least he is not cucking his QB

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

at least he is not cucking his QB

Why do you hate fun?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Seattle lost a crushing Super Bowl last year and then came within inches of winning and then lost again, I would feel pretty awful. But we still did get our 1st SB victory recently, and I still I imagine we will be competitive for another 2-3 seasons be before things start to fall apart. The NFC West is still weak, with the only competition being Arizona depending on how well Carson Palmer recovers. I could see us going 12-4 next year, with our losses probably coming against Green Bay, Baltimore, Dallas and probably that away game against the Rams, since we always seem to have trouble in St. Louis.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trying a bit too hard to out "don't care" each other.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So the whole FiveAces no timeout theory was fan fiction and he wasn't actually trying to trick them into passing the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468110/article/belichick-explains-no-timeout-at-end-of-super-bowl

quote:

"We put our goal-line defense in probably around the same time they were sending in their multiple receiver group, and that's kind of what we wanted to be in there, to make sure they didn't run the ball in," Belichick said, per ESPN.com's Mike Reiss.

"I'd like to think had they tried to run the ball against our goal-line defense, with three receivers on the field -- we couldn't ask for any more than that in terms of trying to stop the running game," Belichick said. "We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don't know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like -- in the flow of the game -- that we were OK with where we were."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

So the whole FiveAces no timeout theory was fan fiction and he wasn't actually trying to trick them into passing the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468110/article/belichick-explains-no-timeout-at-end-of-super-bowl

That...says the exact opposite, that he was trying to get them to pass: "that's kind of what we wanted to be in there, to make sure they didn't run the ball in"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
FucksGirlsFromTinderTron

Shirt coming out soon

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hahaha people have posters of Sherman doing the four finger thing at the parade

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

evilweasel posted:

That...says the exact opposite, that he was trying to get them to pass: "that's kind of what we wanted to be in there, to make sure they didn't run the ball in"
He expected them to run and he put his goalline defense in order to stop the run. Not calling a timeout was just him going "welp, whatevs".

quote:

But it just seemed like -- in the flow of the game -- that we were OK with where we were.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

N: Apparently Chiefs Free Agent Ron Parker is looking for a $6M/yr deal.

V: The Chiefs won't be signing Ron Parker again.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 4, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That's pretty funny as far as those things go.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is gronk shirtless

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Gronk and his buddy/bodyguard Goon with the hats

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

N: Apparently Chiefs Free Agent Ron Parker is looking for a $6M/yr deal.

V: The Chiefs won't be signing Ron Parker again.

Well poo poo that sucks, he was actually somehow pretty good. Not that good though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's based off of Terez Paylor's analysis, and the more I read from him, the more I believe he's just a "throw poo poo at the wall and hope it sticks" kind of guy, but he is a local guy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

No Butt Stuff posted:

"throw poo poo at the wall and hope it sticks"

Okay okay, enough about Russell Wilson's passing philosophy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Trying a bit too hard to out "don't care" each other.

Wait, our team made it to the Super bowl and lost, so we are supposed to be totally distraught and inconsolable for a week? If that's the case, why haven't you killed yourself yet?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is gronk shirtless

no, but he was dancing nonstop in a minion hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Ozu posted:

This is creepy as gently caress what a weird girl

• Locked thread