Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Having an extra flap of skin will only improve his already stellar sleight-of-hand skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
which one is the rich white libertarian that doesn't talk and which one is the rich white libertarian that shouldn't talk

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

kari byron is so loving hot I can't cope w/ it

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Looks like he finally got gastric bypass. He doesn't believe in exercise or eating right, so there's no way he lost the weight the right way.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
check out this rear end in a top hat

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Holy poo poo!

This was just posted on Jamie and Adam's Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/JamieandAdam

Good on him and I hope everything is ok with his health. That's a lot of work and I'm impressed!

All we need is Neil de gracias Tyson in the pic and reddit can start masturbating

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
im really glad we could find new things to dislike about his body

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
gbs cares entirely too much about P&T

their show is pretty fun and that's about the extent of my opinions on these two magicians

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

their show is pretty fun

epic care post carefag

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
who cares for the careposters??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I met them in Vegas and Penn is a loving giant. Welp, that's the story.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

slenderpenn

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I'll bet Penn is a stealth goon, and that thread where everyone was calling him fat, and creating magic tricks that end with him eating a dunk tank full of chocolate pudding gave him an eating disorder.

He's flipping off the camera because he knew a goon would be following the Jamie & Adam twitter and couldn't resist posting a picture of him as a skinny turkeyman.

Next he's going to show up at the OP's door and present the 3 of clubs from out of his neck flap.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

david... posted:

epic care post carefag

i am passionate about magic

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Cocaine is a helluva drug

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
First Frank Miller becomes a shriveled goblin, now Penn Jillette.

Thank you, whoever released this wasting disease that only targets insufferable conservative D-list celebrities.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

naem posted:

Karey, Grant and, other guy got fired, it's going to be the "Jamie and Adam are ambiguously gay" show now

good. The show got worse when they started focusing more on the interns. Jamie and Adam have way more charisma than guy, asian guy, and the girl internet people masturbate to.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

boom boom boom posted:

good. The show got worse when they started focusing more on the interns. Jamie and Adam have way more charisma than guy, asian guy, and the girl internet people masturbate to.

So much this. The interns should have just been there on occasion, as needed. Or just as assistants. Lettings them run around doing whatever really was to the detriment of the show.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I bought tellers spoken word album

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
remember that episode of bullshit where he said over and over it would be impossible for him to ever lose weight?

lol.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

remember that episode of bullshit where he said over and over it would be impossible for him to ever lose weight?

lol.

I think you are remembering it wrong. He said that he and Teller could live like monks, workout everyday and eat right, and still never look like Jack LaLanne, which is true. When it came to weight loss they basically said eat less dummy!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I think you are remembering it wrong. He said that he and Teller could live like monks, workout everyday and eat right, and still never look like Jack LaLanne, which is true. When it came to weight loss they basically said eat less dummy!

It's only true in as such as they're both ugly. But they could have crazy ripped bodies like Jack LaLanne if they actually dedicated themselves to that goal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

So much this. The interns should have just been there on occasion, as needed. Or just as assistants. Lettings them run around doing whatever really was to the detriment of the show.

The story about Adam almost getting electrocuted is pretty sad and hilarious, in part because it's a good reminder of how this poo poo could have actually killed or maimed someone even though TV often seems massively overproduced and safe

"The producers said it would be funny!'

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
now he looks like sam the caveman. for his next trick, he's gonna make a whole shitload of hotdogs disappear.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

They claimed that fat people can't change into really thin people and that thin people can't become huge muscular people, which is false. I'm pretty sure Penn Jillette was just making those claims to justify his fatness.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

amityville anus posted:

I bought tellers spoken word album

Oh I get it.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

It's only true in as such as they're both ugly. But they could have crazy ripped bodies like Jack LaLanne if they actually dedicated themselves to that goal

Anyone can put on muscle, lose fat, and become more athletic. Anyone can also get "ripped" though for a lot of people being ripped isn't very healthy either. Even if everyone was ripped most people are not going to look like Jack LaLanne, because bodies wear and put on muscle differently.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Anyone can put on muscle, lose fat, and become more athletic. Anyone can also get "ripped" though for a lot of people being ripped isn't very healthy either. Even if everyone was ripped most people are not going to look like Jack LaLanne, because bodies wear and put on muscle differently.

OK, but I on't think anyone was ever arguing that they could literally work out and diet enough to physically turn into Jack LaLane.

That's not an argument that needs to be refuted.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the new mythbusters is tight. way less announcer guy, pop up motion graphics for higher information density, really nice cinematography with peppered with artsy depth of field shots. only two myths an episode now so not only do they do a more thorough job, they can spend lots of time devoted to the process of building the rigs, just totally covered with loving lingering shots. basically, they dialled down the cheese factor enormously, growing it into something that feels a bit more personal. the personalities of adam and jamie shine through better. so you get a much better sense of their motivations, methods, challenges and reasoning.

still some downsides: so far every single episode has been a 'special', which of course removes all meaning from the term. they occasionally still get jamie to read lines which is an awful idea, they should only ever shoot him real, in situ, straight up answering questions and let adam be the talking to the camera guy, which he's way better at and seems to get a genuine kick out of it. and the myths themselves are mostly pretty contrived, even if they have lead to some really specular and surprising results.

so yeah i like it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's this post-apocalyptic move about 200 or so people living in San Francisco after everyone else died, trying to figure out how to raise their kids in this new world and deal with problems and stuff, and halfway through Adam Savage shows up, as himself. Like, he, Adam Savage, is one of the survivors, and apparently spends most of his time keeping people's solar panels working.

I thought that was neat

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

OK, but I on't think anyone was ever arguing that they could literally work out and diet enough to physically turn into Jack LaLane.

That's not an argument that needs to be refuted.

I thought the point they were making is that some people are more genetically disposed to looking like Jack LaLane (perfect V torso big arms legs) where as others even with the same amount of work and diet might look more like Bruce Lee, or Richard Simmons.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I thought the point they were making is that some people are more genetically disposed to looking like Jack LaLane (perfect V torso big arms legs) where as others even with the same amount of work and diet might look more like Bruce Lee, or Richard Simmons.

You think Jack LaLane, Bruce Lee and Richard Simmons were/are all on the same diet and exercise regime?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My friend who is a huge Penn and Teller fan says that Penn claims to have lost weight through some totally new and unheard of method, but it's still a SECRET for now!!

Maybe that means it's some new horrible wasting disease, never before contracted

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.conservapedia.com/Essay:_Penn_Jillette%27s_walrus_slide_vs._thin_Indian_Christian_lady_dancers

Now Penn Jillete is suffering God's wrath, Conservapedia proven right again!

(unless he got surgery, in which case it shows how atheists can only appeal to their secular god of technology for strength!)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Three Olives posted:

At least he looks better then thin Drew Carey. Maybe, actually it's kind of a tossup.

Thin Drew Carey looks like a normal dude, Penn looks like a vampire just had its way with him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

raditts posted:

Thin Drew Carey looks like a normal dude, Penn looks like a vampire just had its way with him.

Drew Carey is basically unrecognizable now

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Drew Carey is basically unrecognizable now

Hot.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

you were warned posted:

My friend who is a huge Penn and Teller fan says that Penn claims to have lost weight through some totally new and unheard of method, but it's still a SECRET for now!!

Maybe that means it's some new horrible wasting disease, never before contracted

Does being a Penn and Teller fan mean he likes his illusions or he likes all the poo poo garbage that comes out of their mouths?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

david... posted:

kari byron is so loving hot I can't cope w/ it

I thought the Wendy's girl was originally her.

But it's like "nope we cloned the hot irish girls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

You think Jack LaLane, Bruce Lee and Richard Simmons were/are all on the same diet and exercise regime?

OK I guess the easiest examples would be high level athletes competing in the same field. Go look at pictures of Frank Bruno then look at a prime Larry Holmes. They are roughly the same height, and weight both were workout warriors in their prime. Yet Holmes looks stringy and even a bit doughy around the middle where as Frank Bruno has always looked like he was chiseled from a piece of black granite.

• Locked thread