Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can I Taze the pilot of a helo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Could someone explain the hacker thing to me? Haven't played Battlefield since the original xbox. How do you become the hacker? Seems like most teams don't realize the feature exists in the games I play. Or maybe it's not available in some games? I don't know I can't understand it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hacker is basically commander. You drop drones that spot enemies and prevent your guys from being spotted, and you can hack into cameras (also spots players who walk in front of it) and a bunch of other stuff. Playing with one against a no-hacker team is loving broken, you'll always know where they are.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm racking up so many more kills in this beta. must be a lot of people who dont play BF and are just looking to play a free game.

I just got BF4 premium and I get my rear end handed to me nonstop.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Wait you can upgrade the door guns in the choppers?

Wait you can buy RPGs and Stingers from the trunk of the car?

Where in that hellish interface do you even do these things?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

yeah, can someone explain wtf buy and how to do it because trying to decipher that thing is rough and also im a huge baby who doesn't want to make any mistakes but just buy the absoloute best stuff right off the bat tia.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Looking at that video I posted about the changes since the first beta, it shows him taking an RPG out of the trunk of a car, no buy interface or anything... so is it an upgrade you have to buy for the patrol cars/crook cars somewhere? And then every time you drive one you can get out and there's a stinger or RPG in the trunk? Or does the driver with the purchased upgrade have to be in the driver's seat at the time or what?

I am extremely pleased that motorcycles still don't take fall damage and that the super squad bug is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JHS8FCJY0

Both should be considered features... in fact we found out that it could be used in theory for a hard ticket to an easy win in Heist mode on Downtown, assuming they don't change it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIOwmy86XM

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 5, 2015

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
You can buy the weapons in the loadout screen on battlelog or in game, same way and place you buy things for your soldier.

There's no best weapon for any vehicle. The M3Ms are like overclocked versions of the default gun which also do more damage per hit, but burn out of a bit faster. The miniguns are easier to hit infantry with but they have faster damage fall off and do pretty lovely vehicle damage if you aren't close.

LMGs, RPGs and Stingers for the cars are in the loadout menu for each type of car and they cost a shitload. They appear in the trunk of any car you're the driver of. You can spawn in a car as the driver, get out, get the thing and get back in.

None of this is hidden away. It's in the loadouts screen under "vehicles"

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

If you don't at least have a little fun with this game, it's probably cause you're a jaded rear end in a top hat.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Ok I loving hated this game when it was announced and its first beta, but it's pretty good fun. Hotwired is easily the most fun I've been having with it though. Flipping through the radio, getting an occasional tanker kill, and going out of my way to drive directly toward enemy capture-cars. I don't know how long it'll last, but I've been laughing my rear end off constantly in that mode.
Buy a repair tool. Everyone will love you. Set tripmines. Everyone will hate you. Haha.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hornet posted:

So this game is pretty fun, I don't know how anyone could hate this.

Here's the the fun stuff from yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Qfcie6J9s

Hornet posted:

So I got a knife in one of my TF2 crates today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWExoNM6-fo
These are very good

automaticswim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjJi0nI0h0

I'm not sure why this recorded in this hosed up resolution, and thus it wasn't added to the previous video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ko7gB8y-BE

Whatever. This game is stupid fun, especially the Hotwire mode.
Is that a piece of the bike that goes flying off at 400mph or one of their ragdolls?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ravenfood posted:

The AWP with .338 Magnum rounds or whatever the gently caress is ridiculous.

Do I also have to run with a knife again to be quicker

Can I bunny hop

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ZenVulgarity posted:

Do I also have to run with a knife again to be quicker

Can I bunny hop

You do run faster with your secondary weapon out, yes.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I hate how I can't upgrade my poo poo or set up loadouts from battlelog.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TubeStank posted:

You do run faster with your secondary weapon out, yes.

Where does the energy sword spawn

I'm pumped to try this out tonight

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Segmentation Fault posted:

I hate how I can't upgrade my poo poo or set up loadouts from battlelog.

:ssh: You can

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Smegmatron posted:

You can buy the weapons in the loadout screen on battlelog or in game, same way and place you buy things for your soldier.

None of this is hidden away. It's in the loadouts screen under "vehicles"
You have to buy the vehicle upgrades from the In-Match Loadout menus, not the regular not-in-a-match Loadout menu.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Croccers posted:

You have to buy the vehicle upgrades from the In-Match Loadout menus, not the regular not-in-a-match Loadout menu.
:ssh: You can edit the vehicle loadouts and buy vehicle poo poo on Battlelog.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

:ssh: You can edit the vehicle loadouts and buy vehicle poo poo on Battlelog.
:ssh: I'm playing on my PS4. I'd have to switch over to my PC.

Anyone tried using the Ballistic Shield yet? Is it BF4 levels of crap or fun-gimmick like the Tazer?

Croccers fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 5, 2015

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Croccers posted:

:ssh: I'm playing on my PS4. I'd have to switch over to my PC.

:ssh: nobody cares about your technology problems. Battlelog is a thing that exists. Use it. :ssh:

XFactor made a video for people who are too lazy to think for themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ceMaZ_z5_0

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well its exactly as expected. Played with some friends last night and its basically reskinned BF4 Rush mode. Except they took out the fun jets and tanks and it feels like I'm playing 24/7 Locker. This game should be a $15 dlc like 1943 or Vietnam.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Popete posted:

Well its exactly as expected. Played with some friends last night and its basically reskinned BF4 Rush mode. Except they took out the fun jets and tanks and it feels like I'm playing 24/7 Locker.

Greatest game of the decade

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Popete posted:

Well its exactly as expected. Played with some friends last night and its basically reskinned BF4 Rush mode. Except they took out the fun jets and tanks and it feels like I'm playing 24/7 Locker. This game should be a $15 dlc like 1943 or Vietnam.

Uh huh uh huh. "Fun jets."

Yeah it should be a $15 dlc except you know only two game modes are the same as BF4, new maps, new single player which might not suck because it wasn't made by Dice, etc. etc.

"Reskinned rush" :laffo:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Its the same thing. I get that goons love BF and all, I do too I've played them all since 1942. But drat if his isn't the most uninspired of the lot. The imagery of hundreds of bank robbers running into and dieing en masse is just stupid and the setting makes no sense for a BF game. They clearly are trying to capitalize on the bank heist fad (Paday and GTA) but with the most minimal effort.

Its fine if people like it, cause at its core its more BF4. But I'm just saying this as a warning for anyone expecting something new or refreshing its really not

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Smegmatron posted:

:ssh: nobody cares about your technology problems. Battlelog is a thing that exists. Use it. :ssh:

XFactor made a video for people who are too lazy to think for themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ceMaZ_z5_0
You should really get a repair tool tho. Trunk AT is also p necessary if you don't want to have to whittle down rotaries with small arms, and it frees you from class-bound weapons to attack vehicles. It really shouldn't be that spendy :/

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Trying to take the Mine in conquest is like storming Normandy beach with all those rear end in a top hat snipers up on the ridge. Good thing it's real easy to sneak up on them if you go around the long way.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
The dirtbike and stunt driver means you just bounce up hills and no one can stop you.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Don't repair the hood or roof of a vehicle while you're in it, it basically blinds the driver, try to repair the inside of the vehicle or something.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Apparently playing as Infantry = Battlefield: Locker

Smegmatron posted:

Or like, they could just, add it to the menu. On the game system that the player is currently playing on.:shrug:
I'm not too hung up over it since it is a beta and they could change it but it's stupid to force you to use a different system altogether or jump into a match so you can fiddle with it. It's a jumbled up BF4 loadout interface, that had vehicle loadouts in the loadout menus.

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
i love flipping the bird while spotting as a criminal :allears:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
So what're the odds that taking a day trip to Mexico works again on Origin? :angel:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

:cumpolice::cumpolice:I AM A MENTALLY DISABLED HOMOSEXUAL NAMED CHRONOJAM, HOW DO I DO BASIC poo poo A FOURTH GRADER COULD FIGURE OUT ON HIS OWN?:cumpolice::cumpolice:

What button do I press to-

Spray your emblem - "C" Lean out the car window - "Z" Change the radio station - "G"

Explain the classes, I'm too mentally disabled and homosexual to figure them out

Similar to the Halo 3/4 classes. Operator is Assault with the health pack and defib. Mechanic is Engineer with the repair tool, but he trades the rocket launcher for a more setting appropriate grenade launcher. The RPG, SMAW and Stinger are still in the game but only as Halo-pickups. Enforcer is the Support with Ammo packs and C4/Breaching Charges and the Professional is like Recon with the claymore/trip mine and the TUGS/Camera

What about their gun's?

No more all class weapons. Even sidearms are class specific. Operator gets Assault Rifles, Carbines and low-caliber semi-auto Pistols. Mechanic gets SMGs and Revolvers. Enforcer gets Shotguns, Battle Rifles and high caliber semi-autos. Professional gets Sniper Rifles, DMRs and Machine-Pistols. LMGs are Halo-pick up only.

Also worth mentioning that all unlockable gun's are faction specific when you first get them. Starting out only the Criminals can get the FAL and only the Cops can get the SCAR; Criminals get the AKM and Cops M16. But with enough kills you will be able to use them both on either side.

How do I unlock poo poo?

Every point you score gets you cash. Once you get enough cash you can unlock poo poo with it from the in game or Battlelog loadout menus. Almost all equipment can be unlocked as soon as you have the cash for it. Vehicles get unlocks as well but they have a different loadout menu (hint, it's under the "Vehicles" tab) and you should focus on infantry poo poo for a bit anyway unless you play on playing Hotwire exclusively.

So what gun's should I unlock first?

Start with equipment before getting weapons.

What equipment should I get first?

The Defib/EpiPen (Operator), Repair Tool (Mechanic), Breaching Charges (Enforcer), Camera (Professional) and Thomas A. Swift's Electrical Rifle (actually a handgun) should be your first unlocks. Also consider the Zip-line and grapple-hook as they are inexpensive and useable by all classes.

What's your favorite anime?

Cross Ange. You should watch it. The very end of the first episode is where it starts to get really good so watch it all the way through.

What gun's should I buy first?

First get the Enforcer's Battle Rifles. While the Shotguns are good, they still have limited range and if you want ammo, C4 and the ablity to shoot farther than 30 meters, you'll want a Battle-Rifle. They are however somewhat expensive, at >20k for the cheaper SCAR and FAL. After that probably the DMRs, again they're expensive at >20k for the cheaper M14/Saiga but they can lay down much more fire than the Scout Elite can, which already shoots very fast.

How do interrogate people?

You must deliver a nonlethal takedown. Remember, a nonlethal takedown is always the most silent takedown. Once they are nonlethally (and silently) taken down, hold your interact key on them to interogate them, revealing the location of all enemies on the mini-map.

How do I deliver a nonlethal takedown (always the most silent takedown)?

Get a takedown (back attack) with a blunt melee weapon (club or hammer) or shoot them with the Thomas A. Swift's Electrical Rife. Both require you to be at very close range.

I got into a car and it instantly exploded and it said I got killed by something called "SABOTAGE." What the gently caress is "Sabotage?"

A 1994 song by the Hip-Hop group The Beastie Boys. The first song on their alum "Ill Communication." It's a pretty good song, have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE Sadly it's absent from Hardline's soundtrack.

No I mean, the Halo: Hardline "Sabotage" weapon.

A Mechanic equip, costing $30k. You can rig almost any intractable object to explode if an enemy tries to use it. The bomb will be visible on the object and will have a strobing green LED on it but pubbies won't notice that don't worry.

Is this game canon?

WARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT CANON

I keep getting my poo poo pushed in by helo-chopters. Where the gently caress is the Stinger?

It's a battle pick up. However you can buy a vehicle upgrade that makes your cars spawn RPGs, LMGs and the Stinger in the trunk. These are very expensive with the Stinger being the most pricey weapon in the whole game at a massive 90k.

How do I use the Zip-line or Grapplehook?

When there's a no symbol, you can't. When there is a proper reticule, you can. I don't know why but people actually ask this question.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 5, 2015

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
My biggest gripe so far with This halo game is that there isn't any kind of notification to tell friendly players that a sabotage bomb has been placed. Pubbies keep getting into the cars I sabotage and drive off with a bomb under their feet.

If I'm lucky though, they'll die and an enemy will take their car and blow up.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

How do interrogate people?

You must deliver a nonlethal takedown. Remember, a nonlethal takedown is always the most silent takedown. Once they are nonlethally (and silently) taken down, hold your interact key on them to interogate them, revealing the location of all enemies on the mini-map.

Don't HOLD E, just spam E two dozen times and your guy will unlock tourettes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
It really is a shame they added the vehicle trunk unlocks. The game would be a million times better without it.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

Popete posted:

people like it

:cumpolice:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

Uh huh uh huh. "Fun jets."

Yeah it should be a $15 dlc except you know only two game modes are the same as BF4, new maps, new single player which might not suck because it wasn't made by Dice, etc. etc.

"Reskinned rush" :laffo:

you are legitimately the worst loving poster here lmao

every time someone insults the honor of your precious video game purchase you have to write really lovely passive aggressive posts like this

he left his honest impression on the game and if you and a couple others werent making terrible loving posts like this i wouldnt even be reading this thread tbh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also

:cumpolice:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I think this is the closest we have gotten to bc2, and that's a really good thing. At first I thought the only way you could get an rpg/smaw/stinger was from where they are found on the map which lead to some awesome "We're pinned down, you gotta get to that RPG!" moments, but then everyone just started unlocking them in cars and it meant everyone effectively had those items. It completely ruined the dynamic, made map placed weapons way less important and just became more "Lets spam rockets forever" gameplay.

You were so close Dice, ziplines are rad, shotguns are rad, non-global weapons are rad, really delineating the classes was rad, but this trunk nonsense ruins it pretty hard. It especially makes hotwire a worthless gamemode that is otherwise a great concept.

Such is dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

I think this is the closest we have gotten to bc2, and that's a really good thing. At first I thought the only way you could get an rpg/smaw/stinger was from where they are found on the map which lead to some awesome "We're pinned down, you gotta get to that RPG!" moments, but then everyone just started unlocking them in cars and it meant everyone effectively had those items. It completely ruined the dynamic, made map placed weapons way less important and just became more "Lets spam rockets forever" gameplay.

You were so close Dice, ziplines are rad, shotguns are rad, non-global weapons are rad, really delineating the classes was rad, but this trunk nonsense ruins it pretty hard. It especially makes hotwire a worthless gamemode that is otherwise a great concept.

Such is dice.

i think this is a really good post and someone being honest about whats really good and not so good in a game makes me tempted to buy it later on down the road

• Locked thread