Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Okay, so I haven't updated in a long rear end time, lot of poo poo has been going on that has made me not want to deal with this bullshit, but that is not important now. There will be an update posted here, by Noon EST tomorrow. If the update is not up by then I will be streaming Bad Rats and other games that are the worst that Steam has to offer for at least 8 hours tomorrow. Kalonzombie will be holding me to this promise and will deliver punishment should I not hold up my end of the deal. So for the 5 people still watching this, you have poo poo to look forward to one way or the other tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Awesome! I need to know what heroic things our heroic protagonist does that are totally not him being a bastard.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

:frogsiren: Episode 8 : Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:

This week Aiden defies the laws of physics, and we watch cat videos.

Our guest this week is RandomNinja. Right now he and Kalon are co-commentating on Bobbin's Thi4f LP.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 31, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Now that GTA 5 is out on the PS4/Xbone, Watch_Dogs looks hilariously bad in comparison to it and it deserves to fade into the background along with all the other terrible GTA Clones of the past.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Did I read that right? Did you seriously have 100 grenades for the launcher?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Heavenator posted:

:frogsiren: Episode 8 : Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:

This week Aiden defies the laws of physics, and we watch cat videos.

Our guest this week is RandomNinja. Right now he and Kalon are co-commentating on Bobbin's The4f LP.

THI4F :colbert:

If there's anything good that can be said about this game, it's that it isn't The Crew.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 31, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Did I read that right? Did you seriously have 100 grenades for the launcher?

We'll probably use most of them by the time the game's done.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Actually, the whole thong drug thing is actually a thing, makes it much harder for them to steal drugs.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

What is it with henchmen who forget that the guy they're working for is crazy? There's always the one guy who indirectly insults the leader and gets ruined for it.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

liquidypoo posted:

What is it with henchmen who forget that the guy they're working for is crazy? There's always the one guy who indirectly insults the leader and gets ruined for it.

Every henchmen group knows they have certain positions they need to fill: the deaf guy, the blind guy, the strangely competent sniper guy, and the "I exist only to show anyone spying how evil our boss is" guy. That last one just happens to have a high turn over rate.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
The only person I liked in this game was Maurice. The phone diaries with his confessions made him a lot more human than any of the characters who had actual screentime.

Except for T-Bone, he's my second favourite.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
All henchmen are part of a temp agency and help out various villains in multiple forms of entertainment media. They get really good dental insurance. :ms:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Minor nitpick, it's not protein that vegans need to supplement, you can easily get enough from lentils, bean, tofu and soy products. On the other hand, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron are supplements all or most Vegans should take.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Thesaya posted:

Minor nitpick, it's not protein that vegans need to supplement, you can easily get enough from lentils, bean, tofu and soy products. On the other hand, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron are supplements all or most Vegans should take.

So what you're telling me is Vegans need to get out in the drat sun more.
Amusing somehow.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Thesaya posted:

I tell you what though, it's a hell of an expensive lifestyle either way.

TCat posted:

Amusing somehow.

I remember once a time on a different forum a guy was telling us the story of the time his vegan roommate had a friend over. It was crazy late at night, like ten o'clock or something, when they realize "holy poo poo I'm starving". No one had been shopping that week so they were practically out of food. They went around tearing the kitchen apart looking for something that was vegan enough to eat. They ended up having gummy worms for dinner.

Gummy worms aren't vegan, by the way, but I don't think they knew that.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

TCat posted:

Amusing somehow.

Well, I was pretty much expecting this kind of answer, but the fact is unless you live somewhere with loads of sun hours getting outside isn't enough to get all vitamin D you need on a vegan diet.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Freegans and pescetarians.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

:frogsiren: Episode 9 : Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:

This week Aiden wears a ridiculous coat, and we enthuse about MMORPGS.

Our guest this week is BobbinThreadbare. And again, his Thi4f LP. If you just can't get enough of people bitching about bad games, this LP will give you your fix. It also has the added bonus of making GBS threads all over your nostalgia.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Hey an 8-bit theater reference!

seriously what is the point of having a stealth section to get someone out if it doesn't matter if they are caught?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What is the point of anything in this game, really?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

gatesealer posted:

seriously what is the point of having a stealth section to get someone out if it doesn't matter if they are caught?

Perhaps their reasoning was this was a new, scary thing that the average player wouldn't be able to handle, so that when they inevitably fail (because they're an idiot, see), it doesn't matter, they don't have to replay the scary new thing again and can get back to driving around and making memes and running over criminals and whatnot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Great Joe posted:

Death is Certain

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Great Joe posted:

Buttoning a trench coat is hard.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Commentators missed the plot of rabbit/bedbug. Not that i blame them from talking over it. Bedbug was going around talking like Iraq wasn't going to be running things for much longer, and that Bedbug was going to take his place. He tells his driver that he'll promote him, he tells other gangers that Iraq isn't their concern and to only care about bedbug and they'll be rewarded, etc. Essentially it was 5+ minutes of 'Bedbug is planning a mutiny' and then Rabbit tries to get some cash out of telling him 'Iraq is on to you, they're going to call you somewhere on a pretext and murder you'.

hope that helps.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Yeah, no that's exactly it. I completely forgot about that despite playing through this game three times. I still stand by my statement that all this bedbug stuff is completely pointless filler though. The whole thing with bedbug 'surviving' the hit Iraq put out for him will make Iraq like him is still really dumb though.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The Heavenator posted:

Yeah, no that's exactly it. I completely forgot about that despite playing through this game three times. I still stand by my statement that all this bedbug stuff is completely pointless filler though. The whole thing with bedbug 'surviving' the hit Iraq put out for him will make Iraq like him is still really dumb though.

If that's the reasoning it's no wonder I was confused.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Bedbug surviving Iraq's hit wont make Iraq like bedbug anymore, it'll make all the OTHER gang members think that bedbug is a bigger player than he really is, thus helping to support bedbugs mutiny, and weakening Iraq.

It's actually not as dumb as you may think, it's just not presented clearly.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No, it's actually really dumb.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

"You're in my fortress, I know you're planning a mutiny against me, even when you do work, you fail so hard at it that you wind up losing me more resources than you earned me. Now I will let you witness me murdering a guy, have you walk out completely unharmed, and then call a hit on you because ?????" -Excellent gangster strategist Iraq

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Because if rabbit hadn't said poo poo, bedbug would have walked right into it. Without even raising suspicion.

Like i said, not a masterpiece theater plot, but it's not as stupid as you make it sound when you fail to follow along.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Jade Star posted:

Bedbug surviving Iraq's hit wont make Iraq like bedbug anymore, it'll make all the OTHER gang members think that bedbug is a bigger player than he really is, thus helping to support bedbugs mutiny, and weakening Iraq.

It's actually not as dumb as you may think, it's just not presented clearly.

But by the same token, that means now Iraq must kill Bedbug, the sooner the better, because now Bedbug's survival isn't just an annoyance but a direct threat to him, and the longer Bedbug lives, the weaker Iraq looks. Even if it was true that Bedbug is currently too difficult for Iraq to touch (which I don't buy, because Iraq is ten kinds of crazy) it would still completely invalidate the whole 'do what I say or I'll show this to Iraq' angle.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Which again begs the question of why Iraq hadn't killed Bedbug while Bedbug was in his gangster doom fortress.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Gothsheep posted:

But by the same token, that means now Iraq must kill Bedbug, the sooner the better, because now Bedbug's survival isn't just an annoyance but a direct threat to him, and the longer Bedbug lives, the weaker Iraq looks. Even if it was true that Bedbug is currently too difficult for Iraq to touch (which I don't buy, because Iraq is ten kinds of crazy) it would still completely invalidate the whole 'do what I say or I'll show this to Iraq' angle.

yeah fair. That does kind of invalidate the blackmail conversations and such. But after the ambush party, I think Aiden is playing 'I'm the only reason you're not dead, so do what i say' angle rather than blackmail.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Jade Star posted:

yeah fair. That does kind of invalidate the blackmail conversations and such. But after the ambush party, I think Aiden is playing 'I'm the only reason you're not dead, so do what i say' angle rather than blackmail.

But then he publicly blackmails him anyway. Presumably because Aiden is just a dick.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

The Heavenator posted:

But then he publicly blackmails him anyway. Presumably because Aiden is just a dick.

Wait, "presumably"?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

The Heavenator posted:

e playing through this game three times.

How? I just finished a borrowed copy last night, and I was just bored of the game way before the end. The things I did like (clearing hideouts, T-Bone, the puzzle minigames) were overshadowed by the things I didn't like. I'm going to grab a few more achievements before I return it, but there's no way I can see myself going through the plot again.

The whole Iraq subplot is like someone writing really bad fanfic of The Wire, it's probably the worst part of the story.

(all the story is bad)

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

:frogsiren: Digitial Trips :frogsiren:

This week Aiden gets high, and we actually have fun.

No guests this week because Ape is a butt who wouldn't respond to me.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Kinda sad the spider didn't do this at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2TUIEXJig

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Also kind of disappointed the bot only had six legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
In another instance of the game showing what it should've been about, Watch_Dogs should've been about a dystopia controlled by gaming, where you'd need to go on digital trips to impress the punk gamer underground and tech-savvy crime lords who take them way too seriously. It would be played completely straight, and all the characters would remain the same.

• Locked thread