Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Ninogan posted:

It baffles me that anyone in this thread think Fate would be good allies for launch. They are below average at best as a guild and grouping with them for launch won't bring us anything. There must be tons of other guilds better to ally with at launch, surely.

at this point i no longer have any sympathy or care, lol. i will stay or go at the drop of a hat.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh

Zotix posted:

3 weeks left. Join banished.

What is your ign? Where are Banished based out of?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i don't really want to write an essay and all but if more want to do this, i'll do it.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

What guilds are in the banished alliance? I never see them PvP (I think?). Only guilds I've ever really been in decent fights with have been grief, vendetta2, titans and that finnish guild I guess.

Why don't we just form something ourselves? It's not hard being self sufficient in this game and as a group we could make mad silver together in dungeons and the only thing we might lack is a crafter for t4 and up and that we can just get some other dude outside the guild to make for us for resources and resources isn't really hard to gather solo either.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ninogan posted:

Why don't we just form something ourselves?
lack of leadership really. until someone or a couple someones step up to head this thing, we probably wouldn't last long.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

banished is part of the ACE alliance. They routinely route vendetta and co

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh
there is also the issue that most big guilds/alliances have locations that are 'theirs', so like Spinefields and Darkshore are generally Fates and any small number of reds we see in there get dispatched or chased off kinda quick, if we start our own guild we will be encroaching on other dude's territory and without a strong alliance we will be stuck as refugees with nowhere to call home unless we find somewhere no guilds have moved into. We also will have no shops to use at 0% tax.

We'd be better off leaving Fate as a group and offering our services to an established guild. A decent. experienced group of t4/t5 dudes will be eaten up by most guilds.

I'm not looking forward to the giant silver cost of transporting all my poo poo to somewhere else though.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Zotix posted:

banished is part of the ACE alliance. They routinely route vendetta and co

Ah, I've seen ACE around a bunch but never with less than amazingly large numbers but that's all you need to stomp people in this game right now. That and high tier gear which banished definitely seems to have :)

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Yeah at this point with only a couple weeks left starting our own guild would be a waste. Plus i just got my private island up to t3 farming/breeding, and i dont feel like starting that over. Ill just sit where i am at for now, unless there is a huge goon movement to move to another guild.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

jhorphear posted:

Yeah at this point with only a couple weeks left starting our own guild would be a waste. Plus i just got my private island up to t3 farming/breeding, and i dont feel like starting that over. Ill just sit where i am at for now, unless there is a huge goon movement to move to another guild.

wait do you lose stuff on your island if you switch guilds? that seems extremely uncool

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

wait do you lose stuff on your island if you switch guilds? that seems extremely uncool

no but if you base out of a different city, transport to your island is more expensive

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

no but if you base out of a different city, transport to your island is more expensive

oh true ok. that sucks still, i get why you wouldn't want to swap guilds unless you had enough gold to travel frequently

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

oh true ok. that sucks still, i get why you wouldn't want to swap guilds unless you had enough gold to travel frequently

Yeah, i already moved twice, and i really dont want to do it again. But dont let my being lazy stop other goons from jumping ship.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Forgotton posted:

Very useful. You have to keep the stations and territory(s) fed.

I agree, Fate would make good allies but I am not rolling with them next Alpha. Whether we do our own thing as a dry-run or join someone else. I'll stick it out with Fate for a little longer and might jump ship the last few days of alpha to get a taste of what an organized guild really looks like.

Yeah, I am pretty much poking around at how the game works, and deciding on what specialization to look toward. All goons should be on the goon list regardless of current guild and spec. With a name like Lapua, I should probably look at perhaps a ranged specialization craft rather than the scythe. But skythes are sexy.

How do you save the spreadsheet? Publish?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 5, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ninogan posted:

What guilds are in the banished alliance? I never see them PvP (I think?). Only guilds I've ever really been in decent fights with have been grief, vendetta2, titans and that finnish guild I guess.

Why don't we just form something ourselves? It's not hard being self sufficient in this game and as a group we could make mad silver together in dungeons and the only thing we might lack is a crafter for t4 and up and that we can just get some other dude outside the guild to make for us for resources and resources isn't really hard to gather solo either.

I'd second starting our own thing. We can ally with Banished.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Uh, just logged in and am guildless. Haven't ever had contact with the folks in fate since joining. W T F.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Blazing Zero posted:

lack of leadership really. until someone or a couple someones step up to head this thing, we probably wouldn't last long.

I don't have time to play too much during the week, but I can group lead goons to horrible deaths on weekends, hell we'll do drunken runs into dungeons and PvP combos, because we could use the drat silver. My plan would be make a drinking game for the PvE stash our loot and go find another dungeon to crash and just keep hitting them up until we find a dungeon with people in it after the first one or two. After we murder everyone we complete the dungeon while drinking (or we bail if we think they'll get some backup).

I'm pretty sure one of the current people in FATE that does lead groups is a goon. Not sure if he'd want to burn a bridge but it would be funny to just drop guild and attack Fate taking their poo poo.

edit:

Fog Tripper posted:

Uh, just logged in and am guildless. Haven't ever had contact with the folks in fate since joining. W T F.

That is why you were kicked, they kick people they don't know. Get on TS if you want to hang with them. The game has no way of telling last login so it goes off some guys memory. You were a spy clearly. (they are paranoid fucks that I love to feed by saying spy whenever anyone talks).

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

jabro posted:

I'm sorry, I forgot to thank you when you said you used it. Thank You! I have some referrals but they are only referenced by email address. Since you don't have plat here mail me (BadLeRo) ingame your email and I will tell you if it went through.

All referrals are held as pending for 30 days for chargebacks and that sort of thing by the developer. They won't be giving the gold until release but if you want some gold to play around with in this Alpha release include so in your mail to me and I'll shoot some over. This includes anyone who used my referral throw an ingame mail to me (BadLeRo) with your email address to see which pack you purchased and I'll shoot your gold to you to play around with. You will get your share at release, too. And here is my referral so dadda can get a mount. https://albiononline.com/?ref=4X7YG7CX8X Any founder packs I receive will go back to goons, too. Kevin Spacey taught me to pay it forward and poo poo.

Ingame mail sent. :)

pixaal posted:

That is why you were kicked, they kick people they don't know. Get on TS if you want to hang with them. The game has no way of telling last login so it goes off some guys memory. You were a spy clearly. (they are paranoid fucks that I love to feed by saying spy whenever anyone talks).

Eh, not going to bother.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is there a way to get free keys for this game other than being the king of a pyramid scheme?

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Zotix posted:

3 weeks left. Join banished.

Any goon bros in banished have any pull? Perhaps we can talk to them about all of us joining and have a Goon exodus to the dark side. If most people like this idea either someone on the inside talk to the leader or officer or I can try later on. Bring it to them that we are a close-knit gaming group that isn't large enough to form own guild, are serious about pvp and other poo poo, bring a lot of poo poo to the table and aren't happy with our current guild. Might work, might not. Who cares Alpha.

quote:

Because you really need a plot with stations to do it on your own. Otherwise you are paying a poo poo ton of silver in towns to do anything. I guess we could form our own and ally with someone to mooch off their territory, but who the gently caress would ally with a brand new guild at this point? Next Alpha/beta perhaps.

quote:

I'm pretty sure one of the current people in FATE that does lead groups is a goon. Not sure if he'd want to burn a bridge but it would be funny to just drop guild and attack Fate taking their poo poo.

Now that seems like a hilarious idea. I really wish they would promote some of us fucks. Would be awesome to wipe out borrow their guild funds

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 6, 2015

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009
I guess I'm one of the core members/officers of Fate since they always include me in the private decision making stuff so when I said last week that structurally these guys suck, I meant it. That being said, I can totally see how some of you are having terrible experiences with them and I'm sorry if you felt that anyone was trying to rally you to Fate. If you do decide to dip to Banished I wish you well. Personally I can't make myself join a guild like Banished or Vendetta. If you do stick around in fate and want to run smaller scale pvp ops or dungeons with me just let me know/look out for me in GChat, as of now I can afford to lose sets of t4 so I want to start going off in groups of no more than 5/6 and having fun times. Personally I'll be staying in Fate as long as this sinking ship lasts because I find it hilarious and a perfect way to learn from other peoples mistakes for next testing phase.

Also good job changing up the spreadsheet whoever did that, people should add yourselves if you're not in Fate so we know who to contact.

Karnivool
May 28, 2009
Why dont we just talk to the guys in Fate and kick out Horse Riders or someone from our Alliance, we can then make a Goon Guild and take over their land and join the Fate alliance. The other option is we just make a new guild and start from scratch, could be fun to see how far we can get in two weeks, i'm sure we could easily push out some small guild from their land and it would make it interesting with lots of PVP.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Karnivool posted:

Why dont we just talk to the guys in Fate and kick out Horse Riders or someone from our Alliance, we can then make a Goon Guild and take over their land and join the Fate alliance. The other option is we just make a new guild and start from scratch, could be fun to see how far we can get in two weeks, i'm sure we could easily push out some small guild from their land and it would make it interesting with lots of PVP.

fate doesn't actually run the alliance. this morning, the loot thief dude whos name starts with k and icon were blabbing about dropping alliance and an ultimatum - join us in our new alliance w/o genesis or get hosed. i dont think they actually run poo poo, but that they wanna break away from gen and now HR is a thing. i doubt anything will actually change but there's something.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Karnivool
May 28, 2009
We could always flip on Fate and take their lands :P We lose everything in two weeks any way so we may as well try out some stuff

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I agree with harry manback. Let's observe all of fates mistakes so we don't repeat them next alpha. I certainly think we have enough goons to provide a serious presence. If we can manage to get a good alliance going, even better.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the idea of clearly defining ourselves as a guild and joining an alliance next alpha is okay with me. learning from fate for now is good too.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Fate expanded too fast and I constantly see that buildings are low on food, so they can barely manage their current territories, a mistake we shouldn't replicate on launch.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

PsychicToaster posted:

Fate expanded too fast and I constantly see that buildings are low on food, so they can barely manage their current territories, a mistake we shouldn't replicate on launch.

Yes. Additionally we need a coordinated policy for contributing to the food demand as a group. I don't know who all feeds everything but I do know that a lot of people don't participate. Hopefully we could rally higher participation with a coordinated effort.

It would also really really help if I could get tax back through food contributions. Last I checked there's no reward for feeding buildings in fate and hell if I want to throw together 4 stacks of tier 3 food again for 20-30k ish personal cost only to get a reimbursement of 2k from icon. I get that we all benefit from it but at least make it feel like I'm getting reimbursed for it even if it's at the expense of higher taxes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If we need dedicated growers I am happy to volunteer

thantos911
Aug 25, 2012
Wow this thread has grown over time I see. Been playing so much I have not checked back in. I see lots of people here went Fate. Not really my first or third pick for a guild though. ACE is a contender guild though and they give some good fights as they have the zerg numbers to put down. Been playing with Vendetta all this alpha those guys are solid but they keep a really small core. While I have t6 equipped already most people I see still are around t4, t5. Half way to t7 but it is a long long hike. Most the guilds in this game are fairly disorganized though and do what they want. ACE is the same way for launch will really need a goon guild. I like the fact that Vendetta relies off of 2 crafters per building vs everyone crafting loads of low lvl gear. Downside is if those people left the game you would be out a t7 crafter and would be crippling. I think something like that should be implemented at first though as it really lets you come out strong early on. Just some food for thought. Mostly being a smaller guild.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Well goons, for those I might have encountered in Fate, my flu is over with and it's time to head back to work. I enjoyed playing with you guys, but I won't be on as frequently for the remainder of the alpha. Time for life to resume as normal and write service tickets for spoiled Mercedes owners. It's been fun. Thanks for keeping a sick as poo poo goon company.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Has anyone had luck selling -anything- on the AH for a silver profit? I've noticed the starting towns have t3 for less silver than the crafting cost silver for the item.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

thantos911 posted:

Downside is if those people left the game you would be out a t7 crafter and would be crippling. I think something like that should be implemented at first though as it really lets you come out strong early on. Just some food for thought. Mostly being a smaller guild.

Is there a restriction on that person just turning over their account to someone else in the guild if they decide they're done or need a break? Over the years I've left control of my higher tier characters to friends or guild mates when I've decided it's time to move on. However, that situation becomes clouded when the account is worth more than few hundred bucks.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, this morning Fate ended up in a dungeon run with some of our allies. Some other alliance showed up and had us outnumbered by about 20 people, so myself and lot of the other Fate people just waited in the dungeon for our shields and ran away soon as we zoned. All of our allies were whining about it for the next ten minutes, since we survived rather than senselessly die at the gates.

Their rage may have been the sweetest part of playing this game yet.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

inkmoth posted:

So, this morning Fate ended up in a dungeon run with some of our allies. Some other alliance showed up and had us outnumbered by about 20 people, so myself and lot of the other Fate people just waited in the dungeon for our shields and ran away soon as we zoned. All of our allies were whining about it for the next ten minutes, since we survived rather than senselessly die at the gates.

well at least you weren't dumb and dropped tags to attack alliance dudes for loot :v:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

inkmoth posted:

Was that what happened at Reapers? I had to AFK right before floor 2 for about 5 minutes and I came back to the entire group gone except for two or three stragglers that had logged out. I just ran home and aside from a twinge of concern zoning out, never felt threatened. I couldn't figure out what happened and didn't bother to ask since I wanted to call it a night anyway.

Or maybe this was something else because I don't remember a bunch of allies.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So I was trying to go from spines to bucc the other night, and I saw a group of about 10 fate members at the entrance. I tried to ride into bucc and asked in guild chat if it was safe. Someone told me to get in TS. I asked what the TS info was, and then they gave me a "Get in TS last warning." type deal. So I backed off and asked for TS info again, few moments later I was kicked, killed, and looted.

Afterwards they linked me the TS and so I got on. Had to travel around behind the pack and play who has my poo poo -- apparently nobody. Eventually they moved on, and Icon gave me some "replacement" gear that was badly broken T4 that I couldn't wear or repair.
Finally after bugging enough people in G chat a nice guildie (thanks!) made me a replacement set of T3 and told me to try to be more self-sufficient. What an ordeal.

I really hope at launch we can form a more organized guild. I like being a cog in the wheel and helping to supply the war effort and feeling like I make an impact. So far though in fate though, I've just been pulling teeth for beginner's info and stepping on toes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao "last warning"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

yeah, fate is a bunch of edgy college idiots. i can only tolerate so many white dudes calling everyone mah nigga for so long tbh. ill check back in for summer alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, fate is a bunch of edgy college idiots. i can only tolerate so many white dudes calling everyone mah nigga for so long tbh. ill check back in for summer alpha.

this is literally the single reason i stopped going on their TS

• Locked thread