Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Tsyni posted:

The Lord of the Tower purged the wrong topseekers.

It would have certainly been more exciting if Adam had been with us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
If you cannot hold a civil conversation at a fine dining establishment how will you ever host the tower?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Theantero posted:

I wonder what would have happened if Giovanni had merged the bell floor with a floor where the rules had been modified so that both teams win. With so many different realities there ought to have been at least a few such versions.

Shame I didn't realize that possibility back then!

Yeah, I have to admit that I was surprised when Giovanni said "My team wins" instead of "all the teams win" or "only I win." Or, hell, make the rules say "victory on this floor has been achieved already and the entrance to the next floor is right here."

I mean, if you're gonna build a dude with Amazeballs Cosmic Powers (it amused me watching the Waves progress from 'mostly reasonable quasi-fantasy stand-ins' to 'gently caress you if I roll a 4 I make Reality my bitch') then at least go balls-out with 'em, man. ;)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Arkanomen posted:

If you cannot hold a civil conversation at a fine dining establishment how will you ever host the tower?

I already know what Roscoe will do if/when he wins the tower.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Green Intern posted:

I already know what Roscoe will do if/when he wins the tower.

I don't expect Longwei to win the tower - I have no idea what he'd do if he won, and I don't think he does either!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I mean, if you're gonna build a dude with Amazeballs Cosmic Powers (it amused me watching the Waves progress from 'mostly reasonable quasi-fantasy stand-ins' to 'gently caress you if I roll a 4 I make Reality my bitch') then at least go balls-out with 'em, man. ;)

Yeah, the principal problem I had with Giovanni was that his powers as described were maybe a tad bit too powerful and broad in application (Check 'em: power over space, time, physical things and also math). I tried to balance this by leaving the expected outcome of most of my actions relatively vague, so that dog kisser could balance them as he saw fit.

I suppose that was a pretty good policy, because the first and only time that I actually made a highly detailed and successful action ended with Gio being ganged by half a dozen pissed off ghosts :v:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Morton Leichenfaust
[Health - 17][Armor - 12][Accuracy - +1]

quote:

"Salesman, produce me a paperworks or licenses that allow me the divine rights to kill this old man over there," Inigo points at Giovanni with his left hand, "it have to be legally approved by the angel over here," Inigo moves his left hand and points at the angel, "with no further interference from it, and I will give you my soul after I kill the old man. Name your price."

The skeleton lacked the facial muscles required to express concern, but his posture conveyed this emotion just fine.

"I know not if I can promise you the divine right to anything, sir Inigo. The divine tend to look down on even the most justified of murders, with their fancy morals and all".

The skeleton snapped his bony finger. One of the feathers dipped its writey bits in an inkwell and started scribbling on the parchment.

"But I do believe I may still be of service to you. We will just have to be a bit creative with how we formulate your desire".

Morton grabbed the levitating bit of paper out of the air, and handed it to the two dimensional figure.

"Sign here, and you will form a pact with a being of great power. I do not know what this being will do if someone is so foolish as to intervene in your quest for justice. Maybe he will send a demonic lawyer, maybe he will smite the sorry bastard. I only know that aid will come".

He then turned to the angel once more.

"Bison-eel, the stickman wants some insurance that I'm not trying to scam him. Please be a peach and rubber stamp this document for me? Let it never be said that I, Morton Leichenfaust junior, scammed a customer before the many all-seeing eyes of a Throne of God".

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Byzantiel listens to the broker's proposal and eyes the contract. A moment passes in silence, but after a few seconds the paper starts to glow with soft golden rays, accompanied by an almost inaudible hum. The glow subsides, and Byzantiel speaks.

"ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴀᴄᴛ ɪs ɪɴ ᴀᴄᴄᴏʀᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴀʀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀᴍᴘ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴠᴀʟ."

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
oh my godddddddddddddddd working on the update stay sane until then

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It's too late. The game is no longer yours to run.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

oh my godddddddddddddddd working on the update stay sane until then

The game is like a small child. It starts to misbehave if you neglect it.

Edit: Haha there's three pages of nothing but RP about a dinner party and RP about being mean to an old man. :allears:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 6, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Theantero posted:

The game is like a small child. It starts to misbehave if you neglect it.

Edit: Haha there's three pages of nothing but RP about a dinner party and RP about being mean to an old man. :allears:

All I wanted to do was sneak out the bathroom window and the everything went to RP.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Arkanomen posted:

All I wanted to do was sneak out the bathroom window and the everything went to RP.

Yeah, things got a bit out of hand. It was fun, though! I regret nothing.

EDIT: If anybody dies, it'll most likely be Longwei - guy's only got two health points left!

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 6, 2015

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I'm going to laugh so hard when Dog Kisser updates and his post basically says "you all have a nice dinner and talk about the finer things in life. You find that the constraints on your chair eventually loosen their hold. All of you stand up, and half of you immediately fall to the floor, dead".

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Zybourne Clock posted:

I'm going to laugh so hard when Dog Kisser updates and his post basically says "you all have a nice dinner and talk about the finer things in life. You find that the constraints on your chair eventually loosen their hold. All of you stand up, and half of you immediately fall to the floor, dead".

Well it's not THAT far but it is pretty funny for me to go over the last few pages and be like 'okay so only 7 of those posts counted' and the rest i can gloss over in my update like 'and they talked about many things'

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Only 37 more courses to go! Get your debate hats on folks!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Roscoe's secret skill: competitive eating.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The infinite dining room of the Chateau Maladie wasn’t too bad, though it was pretty loud. And really, even fastened to the chairs, it was quite comfortable. The food was quite a sight, though, and none of the Topseekers knew quite what to make of it. This ‘Gorgon’s Eye Soup with Nightshade Coulis’ was almost certainly not a ‘cute’ name for this soup - it looked every bit like someone had scooped the eyes out of a gorgon, boiled them and set them in a suspicious looking broth. It smelled… actually quite excellent, but the presentation left something to be desired - look here, a noodle moved on its own. Further down the table, another seated, trapped diner refused to eat it, even as his compatriots reluctantly downed their bowls. Suddenly, the arm of his chair firmly gripped him and flexed, breaking his forearm with a sound like a gunshot. Whimpering, he spooned some of the soup into his mouth. No dodging it, then.

Longwei lowered his snout to the bowl and took a great sniff. It smelled alright to him, and who was he to say no? It wasn’t as though he hadn’t eaten worse fare. He took a great slurp.

It was amazing. The texture of the gorgon eye popping in his mouth, releasing a burst of fragrant juices, combined with the tart tang of the nightshade to fizzle on his tongue like ambrosia. Instantly, he felt at ease in this place. Maybe it wasn’t so bad? At least no one was attacking him, here. (Longwei, heal 2d6 HP) Whatever coughed politely and pointedly drew out the correct utensils, placing the napkin delicately on her lap and sitting a little straighter before trying some of the soup herself. (Whatever, heal 2d6 HP - everyone else gains a bonus to their rolls for this course (which is reflected in this update in progress!) Despite herself, she slurps her soup a little as it takes her by surprise.

Giovanni looks down at the bowl before him, swirling the soup with his spoon. He does not instantly calculate the rotational velocity and vectors of each individual fragment - he simply watches it spin, shaking his head lightly to clear the screams away. He puts his spoon down, calling to the Tower Lord to allow him to yield - though not before passing the Shaman Staff to Chauncey. In a blink, he is outside, the hot wind tugging at his cloak, a priceless gem and his notebook full of equations and the secrets of the tower clutched in his hand. Already, some stragglers and aspiring Topseekers have started their way back towards the tower. But him, he just wanted to go home. (Outside tower RP shenanigans start here chronologically - I’m not touching that within the constraints of my main updates)

The Word spins and whirls angrily within his chair - somehow, it constrains him, despite his complete lack of humanoid features. He calls out the the little man, berating him.

Arkanomen posted:

"Garçon, if you would please. I am not a creature, I am a metaphysical inorganic construct. I understand the confusion hosting so many, but please. Secondly, Please understand that I mean no disrespect to your chef, I simply wished to cleanse this shell of a long days layer of filth so as not to sully the chefs food. I find myself quite full at the moment, as I have just eaten a large moon. If you could package my meal to go I would be most appreciative. I can see by feasting of my good draconic companion there that the food is beyond description. I am also thankful that the other fellow there, Chauncey is graciously picking up the check this evening. Thank you."
The little man smiles and bows: “I am afraid it is not up to you, my good construct. You must eat or else displease the chef, and I assure you you do not want that. The chef has been displeased 4,570,023 times, and reconstruction is arduous! If you can consume a moon, there surely is some room for the merest morsel we lay before you. Ah, and - don’t fret about the check. Your fallen comrades have paid it in full!” He whirls away, speaking to another fretful diner. The Word attempts to use his Talent to simply banish the food before him, but the magic fades away, leaving him hollow. (Four Rounds until Talent Recharges) He unfolds his fields, taking a ginger portion of it - and nearly drops containment. Blah! It tastes TERRIBLE! Choose one of these options: either take 3d4 damage immediately from the foul poison it contains, OR begin to turn to stone from the lingering effect of the gorgon eye. Roll a 1d4 each turn. On a 1, turn partially to stone, taking a stacking -1 to all rolls (not the 1d4 roll, though). On a 2 or 3, nothing happens. On a 4, heal a bit, erasing one -1 penalty. If you heal twice before you fail four times, you’re back to normal! Otherwise, you’re stoned!)

The Amulet of Mis loops around Roscoe’s neck (Blood Points = 2/30, so a +3 Bonus - read the full info in my second last post, I think), sinking itself deep into his chest before Control:Protect envelops it. -Master, what is happening? Your vitals are fluctuating wildly, and now a new Presence has found its way into our enclosure. MAsTeR I feEl oDD. MasTeR youR BloOd flows thRough Me. We are mOre, now. We will Protect you and you will Feed Us and it will be Good - Crimson threads of light pass themselves through and around the plates of Control:Protect, tightening their connection to Roscoe and giving him a rather ghoulish air. Roscoe accepts it with a resigned nod, then - with a cursory sniff - tucks into his food. His lips curl back from his teeth as his does - it does not taste wonderful, and Control:Protect immediately seals his muzzle to protect him from further discomfort. Same as the Word, yo.

Nicodemus politely and daintily tucks into his food, taking delicate sips that accelerate somewhat once he realizes just how GOOD it is! Though he privately thought Valthax uncouth for his frantic table manners, he could just barely restrain himself from shoveling the food down his own gullet! (Nico and Valthax, heal 2d6 HP) Chauncey tries to emulate Valthax’s enthusiasm, taking a heaping spoonful of the stuff (spilling most of it, where it sizzled holes in the tabletop and his pant legs) and shoving it into his mouth. Ooh. Ugh. It didn’t agree with him. He called in vain for some wait staff to take the crap away, but they were otherwise occupied, or else just ignoring him. For that matter, he hadn’t really seen any of them since they brought him his food. Having seen the mess it made of the table, Lucius lifts a spoon to his lips telekinetically as though afraid to touch the slop in the bowls directly. No better luck than Chauncey, and he begins to feel off as well. Same boat with the Word, fellas!

The Tumor has no such need for table manners, or indeed any sort of forethought at all. After having to fight and scrap for his supper on the last few floors, the thought of having it brought to him was just great. Forming his appendages and pseudopods in so many gnashing mouths, he devours the soup, the spoon and the bowl through the fury of his Talent. He becomes aware of a burst of information:Gorgon Eye - Nightshade Seeds - Nightshade Leaves - Minotaur Broth - Great Moth Queen Cheese - Hell Salt - Dead-Mans-Nails - Human Blood (trace) - Demon Blood (trace) - Heaven Four Spring Water (trace) | Contains ‘poisonous’ compounds, as well as concentrated petrifactants - if aerosolized, burst inhalation by baseline organic beings would see complete petrification in moments (Tumor gains Toxic Stonegas as a secondary Talent - when successfully used, it can petrify a group of organic beings or one larger organic being. It operates on the same cooldown as your main Talent, and disappears after being used successfully. Four Rounds until Talent Recharges.) Aw yeah, fuckin’ sick, bro.

Rasheek watches the others alternately enjoy their food with gusto and hold back vomit, and attempts to force another to take on her bowl as well. The Talent spins away from her, compelling no one, and she is forced to eat it herself. Yuck. At least she got a cool new sword. (You know the drill! Four Rounds until Talent Recharges.) A.L.P complains voiciferously to the staff, to his colleagues, to the stranger next to him, to Jeremy. Roundly ignored, and with most righteous indignation, he deigns to try the soup, though only with the utmost contempt for the peasantry. “MY WORD! I SAY WHAT IS THIS DEH-LIGHT! JEHREMEH! YOU MUST TRY THIS, MAH GOOD MAN! OR RATHAH YOU OUGHT TO WERE YOU AT MY STATION, WHAT WHAT.” He slurps noisily, clicking excitedly. (ALP, HEAL 2d6 HP, BY JOVE)

Their soups devoured (or at least, pushed around enough that it looks alright), and the next course nowhere in sight, the Topseekers took a moment to discuss their preferences in music, to contemplate the carnage outside (‘outside’?) the tower, and to simply relax and feel a little normal for once. Even as they had to play against eachother and even though there could be only one winner, it didn’t mean that it had to be savage blood and guts all the time. Sometimes it was nice to talk, or to listen. (You guys are cute! +1 to all rolls next round because you feel more at ease!)

The little man comes by again with a fleet of waiters who whisk the dishes away and lay another on the table before you. This time a giant platter with a gleaming silver cover, taking several waiters to lay down, awaits you. The top is lifted off, revealing a mountainous pile of crab legs, exoskelatal tentacles and - at the very top - some form of clam, cracked open just enough to reveal a gleaming pearl within.

Along the rim of the platter are a variety of heavy hammers and large steaming bowls of what smells like butter, but what [i]looks
like slowly rippling red oil. The loose crab legs and tentacles moved freely, even as steam pours from their joints. Looks like you may have to fight for your supper!

“Your Entree, monsieurs et madames - Deepest Ocean Vatra Crab Legs, Okloid Tentacles with a Heartblood Oildrop Trempette. Bon Appetic, but be careful! They’re feisty!”

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 6, 2015

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Name: Luicus
Health: 21
Armour: 15
Skills: Telekinesis, Swordplay, Personal fitness
Abilities: Push,Pull,Hold

Feeling a bit too solid after the Gorgon Eye soup, Luicus looks at the mass of seafood beyond him in awe. Sighting the pearl at the top, he tries to pull it out of the dish without having to get close enough to be at risk from it.

Teleknesis: 1d20+6 17
Stone roll: 1d4 3

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 6, 2015

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Name: Valthax
Race: Strawberry Rhubarb
Class: Pie Lord
Health: 28+6=34
Armor: 12
Accuracy: +3
Skills: Pastrymancy, Speed Eating, Spellcraft, Speed Boost

Pie Cutter of Truth
Daniel-San (Speed Boost Skill)
Glass of Identification

2d6 for healing, also +2 for Daniel-San=4+2=6 http://orokos.com/roll/253120

"How tasty Daniel-San! I feel better already!" Valthax declares as he begins to dig into the next course. Seeing the still living crabs, he merely shrugged, opened his mouth, and unleashed a great gout of flame to cook the rare course.

Hot Pie at 1d20+3+1=20 http://orokos.com/roll/253129

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 6, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

You have to choose between damage or progressive petrification, my man.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Wont have time to actually post until tomorrow. Does my damage reduction affect the poison roll? Also I think poor Roscoe needs a new portrait.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei
Health: 11 + 7 = 9 (+1 for 10?)
Armor: 13
Accuracy: +1
Skills: Interior decorating, resisting poison, digging
Abilities: Nature's sting, breath of the Titan Arum, amorphous algae assault
Talent: Might of the morass.

Wha...? Is the Tower Lord trying to keep you alive or something? I can't...

Longwei grunts happily as the voice within him fades away. He feels much better - surrounded by friends (sort of), and no longer at the brink of death, he regards the plate placed before him eagerly. "Oh, thank you for-" he manages to make out, before his speech again gives way to excited squeaks and chirps. Heedless of the motions of the plate before him, Longwei begins to eagerly dig through the plate. The top looked so good, just imagining the bottom made him drool!

Digging: 2 + 5 + 1 (for being adorable) = 8

Well, that didn't last long!

Might of the Morass recharge total: 4/4 Ready!

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 7, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Oh God Roscoe has become GothDog truly the Tower is a terrible place

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Wont have time to actually post until tomorrow. Does my damage reduction affect the poison roll? Also I think poor Roscoe needs a new portrait.

Upgrade :v:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Just switch the swastika into a huge red jewel and it's perfect.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Theantero posted:

Just switch the swastika into a huge red jewel and it's perfect.

Yeah :v: something I thought of but forgot to say, haha. The Wolfenstein dogs were the first things to come to mind.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I love how our dark and brooding fallen hero is a goddamn dog.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Music Theory posted:

Name - Chauncey
Race - Human
Class - Explorer
Health - 22 (-8)
Armor - 13
Accuracy - +1

Skills - Athletics, Brawling, Acrobatics

Abilities - Fisticuffs, Dodge, Identify (Determines properties of the target)

Talent - Rescue: Somehow moves something to or away from Chauncey. An example would be throwing a person to a distant platform, or magnetically attracting a rare artifact from a distant era.

Motto - "Look, a rare statuette from the Wyrm Rebellion Era!"

AI Action - First, get any artifacts. Failing that or if there are none, rescue someone dramatically, or even undramatically. If none of these apply, investigate the surrounding area or punch something.

Mystery - Dashing, Britannia, pith helmet, Cunningly, Archeologist

FLOOR: 1a, FINE DINING

Inventory:
  • Spear
  • Climbing Claws (+2 to climbing, +1 to melee accuracy)
  • Shaman's Bow (2/3 Charges)
  • Shaman's Staff

Taking 3d4 damage...

Ah. Seafood. Chauncey sighs.

Then he sits up. drat it, it wasn't his fault that happened, it was the tower lord. He set it up, and he was responsible for it. Chauncey punches the fish in righteous anger!

And whiffes it. The soup is still affecting him, it seems. Chauncey tries to eat some of anyway, though, since he likes seafood and would like to try to save face.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name - Xyz'ck-Mk.X "The Word"

Skills - Fundamental Force Negation, Reconstitution, Time Dilation
Abilities - Hawking Radiation Emission, Sphagettification, Kinetic Slingshot
Talent- Complete Obliteration
Health - 21
Armor - 13
Talent- 0/4 Charges +1 this turn

The magical impact of the talent fail had drained more than its magical reserves as the backlash of void caused some of the soup to splash onto sensitive components of The Word's shell. The petrification began to spread immediately, but just as fast the shell began to restore itself. The Word would not be so easily defeated. Sensing that tact and brute force would not get it through this floor, looks to the writhing crab meat placed before it. Something about it was dangerous, but adequate processing should render the helpful bits into something consumable while depositing the nasty bits into container fashioned out of bits of the restraints holding The Word through some arcane means. Bits of energy began to whirl about The Word, carving gashes out of the pile of writhing meat and also surreptitiously shaving small bits out of the chairs restraints and ingrained magical deposits. After the dust clears there is a pile of edible and untainted restorative food which is devoured quickly while next to The Word a small wooden takeout box with inlaid shell designs materializes. The Word was curious what remained inside the box, but was content at its adequate shellfish processing. It hoped it was quick enough to snatch the pearl away without anyone noticing.

http://www.pbegames.com/sessions/ [7294],[7295]

Stone Poison1d4: 4
Crab and Chair reconstruction 1d20+5+1: 15

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 7, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

If someone else doesn't edit out the nazi poo poo, I'll try it myself when I get a chance.

I'm the doggone wag man.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Inigo Joe

Inigo nods at the legal proceeding going smoothly, he grab the quill with his left hand and draw out his rapier with his right, pointing closely at Giovanni's face and ask, "Any last word before I sign your death warrant? Would you try to plead for your life? Offer me money? Promise me power?"

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Green Intern posted:

If someone else doesn't edit out the nazi poo poo, I'll try it myself when I get a chance.

I'm the doggone wag man.

I think that's all of it - maybe one day I'll actually be good at this.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Giovanni let out a weary sigh. Mere moments after being assaulted by half a dozen enraged spirits, he was thrusted into some sort of mock trial for his life in the middle of a blasted hellscape. Perhaps the Tower Lord had not let him escape after all, and this was yet another challenge.

Giovanni spoke, with a weight of years in his voice that hadn't really been there before. "I'm getting too old for this. But if you insist on my death, there is one final thing I would like to do."

Non-Euclidean evocation: 1d20 9

A small wormhole, where a much larger one ought to have been. The incantations still came sluggishly to him, it seemed. With a shrug, Giovanni threw his notebook into the hole, leading to his quarters back at the Academy. Maybe he wouldn't make it. But at least his work would live on.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Dammerung posted:

I think that's all of it - maybe one day I'll actually be good at this.

Hey cool! I'm going to check that snake symbol on the side, but I think you got it all.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Inigo Joe
"What did you just do, old man!?" Inigo question Giovanni in shocks of a sudden black hole opening and closing before he can react. He was sure the dark hole would had easily swallow him or grant the old man an easy escape. "Why did you waste your talent for a mere book over your life? Have you no fear of death?"

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager

Name: Whatever
Health: 27 (up from 18)
Armour: 16 (with +1 from Breastplate)
Skills: Loitering, Gossip, Blogging
Abilities: Emomancy, Fashion Advice, Indifference
Talent: Dramabomb (2 rounds remaining)
Items: Crystal Heart, Fine Spooky Breastplate

Gorgon’s Eye Soup with Nightshade Coulis’ was, if not a regular dish, something that was at least served every once in a while at Whatevers place of schooling. Sure, it wasn't readily available for the student body at large, being a dangerous and somewhat expensive dish. Sure, it wasn't actually legal to serve, and yes, it would be a stretch to say that it was served at all. Stolen by a gang of teenage hoodlums from the bio-alchemists quarters in the dead of night might be more accurate. Eaten on a dare, certainly. The school locked down for a fortnight, whilst a small battalion of ghostly health insSpectres searched through the premises. Ah, memories...

Healthy Food Boon: 2d6 9

The point was, she had eaten it before and found it delicious. The exhilaration of the forbidden was lost in this forced environment, but the taste was the same. The Chef clearly knew his business.
Now, what was next on the menu? Tentacles and crab legs, a bounty of the sea. Whatever wasn't averse to weird food. Teenagers usually fall in one out of two camps, eat everything or eat nothing. Whatever was firmly in the first.

Ah, but there were so many people here. She couldn't budge from the table of course, but there must be thousands of guests all around her. Surely some of them would have access to the Arcanomatrix. There must be some chatter going on.

Whats the Gossip?: 1d20+5+1 15 (+1 from being chill)

Whatever is looking specifically for information about this room from any of the other untold guests seated in this restaurant.

Whilst she waited for her initial query to gain a few replies, she selected some Fine Dining Tongs and a pair of Industrial Dining Scissors from the mountain of utensils, making sure to adhere to all the rules of etiquette so firmly ingrained in her (if only so she could ignore them at opportune times) and made her way to the second course. Finding a particularly vicious tentacle, she set it down in front of her cat. What happened next could only be described as adorable or horrifying. Needless to say, her cat would not go hungry today.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 7, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Inigo Joe
"What did you just do, old man!?" Inigo question Giovanni in shocks of a sudden black hole opening and closing before he can react. He was sure the dark hole would had easily swallow him or grant the old man an easy escape. "Why did you waste your talent for a mere book over your life? Have you no fear of death?"

Giovanni gazes into the distance, deep in thought. Eventually, he lets out a small laugh. "Now, it would be wrong to say that I have a deathwish, sir Joe. But, I cannot help but feel that my heydays are gone, the task I set to accomplish largely over. Any imperfections the following generations can polish off. "

Theantero, way back when posted:

Giovanni came to see the tower every day...The mystery of the tower would be his to unravel. His claim to undying fame.

"You seem like a man with a mission. Surely you can understand valuing the completion of a life's grandest work or driving passion over futile attempts to save one's life. Now, I do find it regretful that I can't continue on. I do believe I could have a bright future teaching my findings at the Academy, to help geometers-to-be get a good start in life. I think I would enjoy that, yes. But still, it would be just winding down; a slow, quiet descent into retirement. A mere bonus if you will, not the point of my existence."

Giovanni pauses for a few moments before continuing. "Now, I'm likewise regretful that I could not figure out a way to save myself and my team without the death of the other. I didn't wish death on anyone, and would have saved them if I knew how. But nevertheless, I chose my life and the lives of my companions over those of strangers, and because of this I will not apologize."

Giovanni lets out a tired chuckle. "I certainly won't plead for your mercy. After all, if you have to die, might at least die with dignity, no?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Inigo Joe
The rapier pointing at Giovanni shaken slightly. "Is fulfilling your life's grand work so important that you will sacrifices other!?" Inigo uncontrollably screamed at the old man who displays honor at his last moment.

"My father!" Inigo tearfully utters, "He always tried. He tried to save everyone, not just his team, but everyone in his floor. He willing to risk himself to test the boundary of the rules, he convinced many to go along with his foolish kindness." Memories of Sharpener Joe flashes within Inigo Joe. The time he make friends with the barbarian, the dog, the monkey, and even the bloodthirsty alien ghost. Followed by sad memories of terrible deaths of the Girl and her food poisoned monster. "He may have failed to save all of them, but he never EVER thought of giving up anyone! Have you even tried to consort everyone to find a solution!? Was a mass surrender not an options!?"

The shaking rapier become steady. "I, Inigo Joe, is the next generation. Born at the death of my father, Sharpener Joe. Inherited all the memories of my father, I feel his joy, and I feel his hatred at his very last moment! He cursed, and cursed, and cursed!" Inigo Joe's twisted like the face of a maddening beast. "The knowledge you pursue lead to my cruel existence of death and revenge!"

Inigo Joe raise his rapier and strike it down... As a wide vertical half-windmill slash, it misses Giovanni and continues traveling in its arc backward forming a wide U-shape, Inigo turns backward as the slash continues its arc to rise upward toward the contract and slice it in half.

His back now face Giovanni, "deal's off, skeleton." he say solemnly.

"My father... Cursed at his weakness. He's sad and angry at his powerless self who cannot protect his friend." Turning half his head to look back at Giovanni, "He wanted to surrender and take the mark of Bronan with him. So that he can save his best friend." Turning his head away, a drop of tear hits the ground. "But he choose to stay to the last moment, and explore every possibility to the last moment, just for the chance to save more people." Inigo looks up the sky, "He wants to befriend everyone in that floor."

Still looking at the sky, he wipes his eyes with his now empty left hand, "I do not think, he would want me to kill his friend."

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - Temerin ValenNicodemus Kessler
Race - Lich
Class - High Lord Inquisitor of the Arcanum Illuminas.
Health-13+8=21 Armor-16 Accuracy-+1
Skills - Necromantic Magic, Athletics, Royal Etiquette.
Abilities - Runic blast- Alternate Ammunition- Inspiration-
Talent- Holy Fervour

Reccomended listening :v:

Nicodemus sighs wistfully as the delicious soup is finished "Just as Mother used to have the servants make!" He offers a gracious nod to the server as his plate is cleared and settles in to wait for the next course smiling content as the food settles.

Healing 2d6 8 [7292]

Nicodemus sits awaiting the next course cheerfully, watching waiters as they efficiently sweep through the room and serve the table. His face blanches as the meal is revealed his fingers drumming violently on the arms of his chair as a snarl creeps onto his lips as memories from the very early days flood his thoughts his hand moves to the table and he grabs one of the hammers and draws some of the seafood close.

Temerin is running through the streets laughing heartily tossing food into his mouth, as he swallows the chunk of fresh crab he'd pilfered from the plate of a merchant not paying attention his lunch, a heavenly taste blesses his mouth and washes the foul greasy taste of the tainted seafood of the bay from his tongue.

Nicodemus' hand shakes as he draws the hammer dully up grumbling softly in Aven "<loving crabs>".

Temerin rounds the last few corners nearing home and slows to a halt at what he sees, falling to his knees he stares at the mark of cleansing painted on the wall. Temerin curses his luck knowing what the symbol means he sits sobbing on the ground as a boney hand slides over his shoulder and grabs him forcefully "Temerin Valen. You have been chosen for the Lord's heir selection, congratulations."

The hammer falls once violently resting on the table for but a moment before it whips back up as Nicodemus grabs another piece of food slapping it down in front of him and slamming the hammer down again and again. Nicodemus shakes his head side to side and speaks in an uneven tone his voice not quiet anymore all pretense of civility gone "<Light blasted bottom feeding filth>."

Temerin does as he has been instructed and joins the other "Nicodemus'" sitting at a large banquet table in the dining room of the milita fort outside of the city, a skeletal man he recognizes as the Regent of the bay district shouts to them as they are seated "Welcome to selection! You have been chosen by our King as the potential heirs of thid century, rest today and be prepared for the testing tommorrow, now enjoy dinner." Temerin stares blankly at the table knowing what is coming next and is one of the few people in the room not to recoil as the re-animated families of all present enter laden with trays of fresh seafood that are placed down along the tables. Grabbing a small shell cracking hammer his knuckles tighten -

-bone white around the grip of the hammer Nicodemus raises it again to strike, his arm locks in place as he snaps out of it, suddenly aware of the scene he's causing he relaxes his hand allowing the hammer to topple over the back of his seat to the floor inwardly he sighs cursing the things scent can bring forth from memory in a new body.

Clearing his throat he occupies himself smoothing his napkin in his lap and staring at anyone not at the table as he attempts to regain his composure, deeming the cause lost he slumps back into his chair awkwardly resting as he picks at the pasted seafood in front of him while ignoring the Topseekers present.

Nico gently cracks a crab shellSMASH 10(4+6) Yay for character backgrounds fulla drama! I got crab pathos for days! Also :qqsay:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 7, 2015

• Locked thread