Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Literally the first time they existed in the Not52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

Prequel series!

ALso Dogwelder is the best character in the history of art.

Anything that gets me more Ennis/McCrea DC work is fine honestly.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

Literally the first time they existed in the Not52.

Because DC really made sure to start from scratch in 2011.

Who gives a poo poo how it fits into this ungodly clusterfuck of continuity? The existing books barely do.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Who gives a poo poo how it fits into this ungodly clusterfuck of continuity? The existing books barely do.
That and DC has pretty much said they don't care about mangled continuity and just want to make good books, each one having their own genre and tone. Frankly I'm fine with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

That and DC has pretty much said they don't care about mangled continuity and just want to make good books, each one having their own genre and tone. Frankly I'm fine with that.

I'm hoping they really embrace what Grant laid out in the Multiversity Handbook and just randomly push books set on those Earths.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mostly it's that of all the things they would bother to keep from pre-Flashpoint, Hitman seems like he'd be pretty low on the list.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

Can people stop responding to DarkTitsAnime and just post about the books announced.

Did you probate that guy for a week because he has bad opinions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did you probate that guy for a week because he has bad opinions?

quote:

You are terrible. You are the worst poster to ever post in BSS and every single post ends up derailing the thread over your terrible opinion. Stop posting about Red Hood. Stop posting in BSS. Go back to your tumblr filled with underage anime boobs. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Yes he did and for once I'm 100% with Waterhaul on this. DarkStupidTits is indeed the worst thing about BSS these days and coming from that says a loving lot.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nah, he's funny. I'll be sad if he actually does stop posting. He's so goddamned earnest about the things he likes and even if he's got the taste of a 13 year old perpetually trapped in 1995 I just can't stay mad at the lil' guy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Yes he did and for once I'm 100% with Waterhaul on this. DarkStupidTits is indeed the worst thing about BSS these days and coming from that says a loving lot.

From what I saw he just posted his boring yet sincere opinions on comic books and you people started screeching at him so I don't believe the derails are entirely his fault.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

From what I saw he just posted his boring yet sincere opinions on comic books and you people started screeching at him so I don't believe the derails are entirely his fault.
Sometimes his posts can overwhelm a page, because he posts a lot of images from RHATO and doesn't stop talking about his husbando jason todd. That's very easily solved by ignoring him. You won't miss anything! All he posts about are books no one else reads!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah. I mean, his opinions are pretty bad but he didn't do anything out of line. He didn't break any rules or anything.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's like he's still here, derailing the thread into his terrible views on idiot garbage!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

It's like he's still here, derailing the thread into his terrible views on idiot garbage!

If people didn't get so worked up about him there wouldn't be a problem. Instead of putting him on ignore everyone's gotta make a big deal out of it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > DC Comics: THE NEW 52 IS DEAD, So Let's Bitch About Other Posters Instead Of Talking About Comics

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pop quiz, hot shots:

Who is the worst DC superhero, and why are some people too dumb to admit it's Geo-Force?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Who is the worst DC superhero

Jason Todd.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It is not even close.

How he escaped the 90's is beyond me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

Pop quiz, hot shots:

Who is the worst DC superhero, and why are some people too dumb to admit it's Geo-Force?

Mullet Superman.

alternately, nu52 Arsenal.

VVV: Oh, oh, I'd like to change my answer!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 8, 2015

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Squizzle posted:

Who is the worst DC superhero
The Movement. All of them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

The Movement. All of them.

The rat guy should have had an unexplained place in Futures End's 5 years later Justice League.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Face.

Shut up it's the Face.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Squizzle posted:

Pop quiz, hot shots:

Batman.

Geo-Force is a close second.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Mullet Superman.

alternately, nu52 Arsenal.

Sorry, no version of Arsenal can be worse then this one:

MY NAME IS NATHANIEL SUMMERS AND I LOVE COCAINE
_____________________________________/

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

The Face.

Shut up it's the Face.

Was trying to think of a joke answer but holy gently caress when I learned learned about this guy I pretty much gave up on life.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinaman7000 posted:

Was trying to think of a joke answer but holy gently caress when I learned learned about this guy I pretty much gave up on life.
I'm pretty sure he propositioned M'Gann into using her shapeshifting for The Face -sized oral sex once...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just in case anyone forgot/doesn't know who this guy is:

and he asked Ms. Martian (Martian Manhunter's teen cousin) to turn into a giant pussy so he could eat her out.

No, just no.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Even if someone tasked me with generating 400 heroes for a one-time background shot and all of them are supposed to be horrible I wouldn't be able to come up with that unless I hated my boss, my company, and my readers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Even if someone tasked me with generating 400 heroes for a one-time background shot and all of them are supposed to be horrible I wouldn't be able to come up with that unless I hated my boss, my company, and my readers.

Sean McKeever ladies and gentlemen!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was just reading the Doom Patrol omnibus and got to the issue where Robot-Man's body gains sentience and decides to live without being ruled by his human brain. The villainous brain-in-a-jar, The Brain and Monsieur Mallah, his ape companion then bust in and transplant The Brain into Robot-Man's body. Overcome , they declare love for each other and kiss. Robot-Man's body then blows up, committing suicide and Mallah's beret flies off and lands on Robot-Man's own brain in a jar. The end.

That might have been the best comic I'll ever read.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 8, 2015

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah. I mean, his opinions are pretty bad but he didn't do anything out of line. He didn't break any rules or anything.

I don't want to poo poo this thread up more than it has been but BSS has a long standing rule of don't be creepy and you seem to have ignored the part of his probation which includes his fascination with underage anime boobs and constant threadshitting. Since they've already been posted and gone on about them I don't feel like BSS should be a place for this kind of poster gets free reign to post what they want. (Those are horribly NSFW links)

On top of that the Red Hood thread was closed with the response that BSS is not interested in the book or his opinions. After looking through his posts you can feel free to disagree if you want.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

I was just reading the Doom Patrol omnibus and got to the issue where Robot-Man's body gains sentience and decides to live without being ruled by his human brain. The villainous brain-in-a-jar, The Brain and Monsieur Mallah, his ape companion then bust in and transplant The Brain into Robot-Man's body. Overcome , they declare love for each other and kiss. Robot-Man's body then blows up, committing suicide and Mallah's beret flies off and lands on Robot-Man's own brain in a jar. The end.

That might have been the best comic I'll ever read.

It is great, but I think that the Beard Hunter issue is the one true masterpiece.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Monsieur Mallah and the Brain are the truest love in all of comics.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

I don't want to poo poo this thread up more than it has been but BSS has a long standing rule of don't be creepy and you seem to have ignored the part of his probation which includes his fascination with underage anime boobs and constant threadshitting. Since they've already been posted and gone on about them I don't feel like BSS should be a place for this kind of poster gets free reign to post what they want. (Those are horribly NSFW links)

On top of that the Red Hood thread was closed with the response that BSS is not interested in the book or his opinions. After looking through his posts you can feel free to disagree if you want.

"Stuff I Like: Dick Woman Dripping Cum Out of Anus into Miso Bowl"

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

fatherboxx posted:

It is great, but I think that the Beard Hunter issue is the one true masterpiece.

any part with danny the street is awesome, but yeah, the beard hunter was definitely the best

damnit, now i'm going to have to dig out my old trades and reread it

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Lets talk about our favorite DC comics couples instead of Dark whatever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

DT's boob thread posting have nothing to do with BSS at all though, are you judging him by stuff he posts out of here? In that case, This guy should be treated the same for this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DT's boob thread posting have nothing to do with BSS at all though, are you judging him by stuff he posts out of here? In that case, This guy should be treated the same for this.

I agree with the larger point that there was no reason to probate him, but still, not cool, dude. :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, his off SA posting is disgusting and he is the definition of a poo poo poster. It's not cute, it's not endearing. He shits up every thread he posts in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

No, his off SA posting is disgusting and he is the definition of a poo poo poster. It's not cute, it's not endearing. He shits up every thread he posts in.

His on SA posting is gross too, dude shits up the Vita thread constantly talking about those stupid titty anime games.

• Locked thread