Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
How do I beat Freya? There's nothing fun about fighting someone who has a free iso gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Want to try it out, anyone want me to refer?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sekenr posted:

Want to try it out, anyone want me to refer?

Sure put me down I guess. IGN is same as forum.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Shalhavet posted:

How do I beat Freya? There's nothing fun about fighting someone who has a free iso gem.

Beads, sprint, cc. Treat her like an assassin - have map awareness, don't get caught alone by her. Keep track of when her ult is down, chase when her skills are down.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I'm dumb and completely forgot about Poseidon, who is another great fluid, fast gameplay style mage.

I haven't bought the Dreadbeard skin yet because I will never not use my Poolseidon skin.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Today's daily is a great way to get random gods, load them out, and learn fast. I learned I like Sobek!

syriquez
Apr 7, 2011

Woosh
Ehhh. Yes and no. It's not a good representation in the slightest as far as learning how to play gods is concerned. What it WILL teach you, however, is how to aim. It's also a blast if you can take it for what it is: Never balanced in the slightest.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I tried Hou Yi a little bit more. Things went better when I wasn't trying to bank shot everything.

I put one point in each skill then went 2, 4, 1, 3. Combo was 2, 4, 1 to keep them trapped in the ult. Finish with 3 as needed. Usually enough to kill a squishy every time.

I'm still experimenting with builds, but then one I like so far is an assassin/hunter hybrid. Pen boots, Jotunns, Rage, Exec Axe. More pen/CDR items as needed (Titan's), otherwise Deathbringer or Bloodforge to help duel.

This is just arena, I'm waiting for Season 2 before I try him in Conquest.

And I'm not sure how % pen works with his 2 at max rank. But that build let's him crit for 700-800. Theoretically maybe more if the target is marked with low health, which might put him on par with Xbalanque as being one of the hardest auto-attack hitting hunters. Someone who likes to crunch build numbers help me out here.

syriquez
Apr 7, 2011

Woosh
Actual Defense = (Protection × (1-%Reduction) - Flat Reduction) × (1-%Pen) - Flat Pen

It would be applied at the section I've marked, at the same time as Titan's Bane. My assumption is that they are additive, so if you had Titan's Bane and were attacking your marked target, you would be ignoring 48% of their protections.

syriquez fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 8, 2015

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Hou Yi has incredible potential, I treat him like a surprise Anhur. Meaning that when I've poked someone down suddenly pouncing on them with the three (assuming you have them under Mark of the crow. Then ult then 1 to freeze them there is usually plenty deadly. He is also a great escape artist. I like playing him but his lane clear is so bad.

After season two begins though have to wonder if Xbal and Hou will it become more threatening conquest hunters.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

My first few games with him, I did horribly because I was trying to maximize clear and poke with his ricochet. After messing around on PTS, I played him with Season 2 in mind and focused more on auto-attacks.

I did a lot better - it seems his kit was made with Season 2 in mind.

I don't use the ricochet for anything more than stunning a marked target. When you put his clear amongst the other Season 2 clears, he's not bad; probably somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Invite me to clan pls, IGN Sekenr

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

:siren: Season 2 potentially starting this Wednesday :siren:

Source

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
Anyone know the reasoning behind all the attack speed buffing? I'm not complaining - it just seems like something that wasn't necessary considering there's stuff that could have benefited more from some tweaking or changing.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Psychotron posted:

Anyone know the reasoning behind all the attack speed buffing? I'm not complaining - it just seems like something that wasn't necessary considering there's stuff that could have benefited more from some tweaking or changing.

The mana buff gave hunters with lane clear abilities a huge advantage (Rama, Apollo, Anhur), to the point where most of the others were ignored. Replacing it with an attack speed buff, in conjunction with across-the-board innate attack speed stat gains for all hunters and nerfs to those lane clearing abilities, gives all hunters a chance to excel in the meta. It also introduces the possibility of putting some attack speed-centric mages like Chronos in the duo lane.

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Shab posted:

The mana buff gave hunters with lane clear abilities a huge advantage (Rama, Apollo, Anhur), to the point where most of the others were ignored. Replacing it with an attack speed buff, in conjunction with across-the-board innate attack speed stat gains for all hunters and nerfs to those lane clearing abilities, gives all hunters a chance to excel in the meta. It also introduces the possibility of putting some attack speed-centric mages like Chronos in the duo lane.

Ah ok this makes sense. I'm not a big conquest player tbh, so I think my brain was coming at it from the angle of other game modes. Didn't occur to me that they're obviously focused on balancing and improving conquest.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So I just had a conq match where we were ahead from the start, we owned the map, we took 3 gold furies, 3 fire giants, all 3 phoenixes and titan to like 10% HP but could not quite finish it and got wiped. Our Apollo tried to ult and kill while the rest of us were respawning...only to watch their Janus do this. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but it was beautiful. Could't even be mad at the loss :v:

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 9, 2015

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The skins that are on sale for 100 gems can be also bought for 9500 favor. Is that normally the case?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Safety Scissors posted:

The skins that are on sale for 100 gems can be also bought for 9500 favor. Is that normally the case?

Yeah, sales only apply to gem prices. If you see something that you can buy for favor, it's always available for that amount.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sekenr posted:

Invite me to clan pls, IGN Sekenr

I am also creating an account to try this thing out. I referred you Sekenr to be nice. :kimchi:

Name: Makillek

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Slaan posted:

I am also creating an account to try this thing out. I referred you Sekenr to be nice. :kimchi:

Is that named spelled right? Can't seem to shoot you an invite...

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That last K is capitalized, if that matters? :confused:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Slaan posted:

Thanks!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Is Serqet still a pubbie reaper? Who should I play for easy kills

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Razzled posted:

Ao Kuang. Well, until tomorrow, anyway.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Razzled posted:

Thanatos, literally and figuratively.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Razzled posted:

Anubis for pub stomper. Thantos is a good choice too.

Ne Zha works too because anyone trying to escape just gets sashed/ulted. Every. Time.

Or any auto-attack hyper-carry (Merc, Kali).

Slaan posted:

That last K is capitalized, if that matters? :confused:

It might have mattered - someone else shot an invite.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Mr. Neutron posted:

Ao Kuang. Well, until tomorrow, anyway.

What happens then? Do they rethink the idea of a mage assassin?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

He's getting slightly nerfed. Who knows how the meta will shape but he will most likely still stay strong.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Patch is up.

And she's a beauty.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

they lowered his base damage and increased his scaling, so he can realistically get the same level (or more) power by building pure damage, but hopefully less damage from things like winged blade and witchblade

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Who wants to play some conquest with my Hel support :airquote:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Just play Hel in lieu of a hunter and run with Geb or Herc.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm unavailable today (go figure, day of Season 2 launch) but I'm totally down if I can ADC Zeus.

Conquest is going to be fun the next few weeks.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

So I've liked the first few games I've played in pubblie-landia. So I'm going to ask for advice on who to look at trying out. What are some tanky mages that I could try? In LoL terms, I prefer guys like Cho'gath, Reize, Cassiopiea, etc. which can do large spike damage through their abilties but can take a hit. I've liked playing Athena, but she is a bit too much on the tank side for me.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Slaan posted:

So I've liked the first few games I've played in pubblie-landia. So I'm going to ask for advice on who to look at trying out. What are some tanky mages that I could try? In LoL terms, I prefer guys like Cho'gath, Reize, Cassiopiea, etc. which can do large spike damage through their abilties but can take a hit. I've liked playing Athena, but she is a bit too much on the tank side for me.
Damage cabrakan is the most fun you can have in smite. Ezell put a guide for him in this thread somewhere

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Slaan posted:

Hercules, Vamana, Tyr, Zhong Kui (if you make sure to get stacks on him).

There aren't really any direct analogs to Rize or Cho, those two poo poo out a whole lot of damage while building pure tank. The closest is probably Herc.

Edit: Forgot Cabrakan.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

Damage cabrakan is the most fun you can have in smite. Ezell put a guide for him in this thread somewhere

It's buried in the second post under goon guides. But for ease of finding it:

Ezell's gank-Cabrakan build:

The Ezell posted:

Best Gods

Get ready to discover it some more:

pen boots, book of thoth, hide of urchin, polynomicon, obsidian shard, rod of tahuti

edit-

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

There aren't really any direct analogs to Rize or Cho, those two poo poo out a whole lot of damage while building pure tank. The closest is probably Herc.
Ares can dish out damage while building tanky. Grab tanky aura items (Sov, Heartward, Voidstone) mixed with some CDR/pen.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Zhong Kui and Cabrakan both look fun. Hercules too. I'll give them all a try. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

cyclonic posted:

Ares can dish out damage while building tanky. Grab tanky aura items (Sov, Heartward, Voidstone) mixed with some CDR/pen.

That's true, he seems a bit harder to play than the others mentioned though.

I suck so much at landing chains. :negative:

• Locked thread