Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

So what happened to cause such a bender, OP?

Messy divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

Messy divorce

drat. Sorry bro.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

moose face posted:

Messy divorce

As long as you didn't get drunk and try to set fire to her car or something, you're coming out ahead. We've had a lot of dumbass attempted arson by drunk idiots cases out here lately, one dude cooked his hands pretty good when he tried it.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Hmm 2 week bender + 5 day hangover from a messy divorce isn't all that bad. Congrats

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

As long as you didn't get drunk and try to set fire to her car or something, you're coming out ahead. We've had a lot of dumbass attempted arson by drunk idiots cases out here lately, one dude cooked his hands pretty good when he tried it.

No I stayed away from all of the nonsense

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

No I stayed away from all of the nonsense

Sincere condolences or whatever the proper term is, as your family life was a small island of redemption for me in the anonymous internet way we know each other.

Hope you keep seeing your kids and playing an important role in their lives.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
alcohol withdrawals suck op i think the lack of sleep and the brain zaps are the worst part

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Getting all E/N here but don't go down that road Moose. A few beers after work is one thing but drinking like that can get BAD. Don't let the stuff control you, whatever is making you drink will still be there in the morning. I was drinking to get drunk, not blackout but just enough to be really buzzed. Even now at 32 it loving murders me if I have more than 4-5 beers, especially w/o eating. I like being drunk, but I gotta cut that poo poo out because it's not getting me anywhere and the I don't want to be 45 waiting tables and divorced.

Edit: What are brain zaps ? I've had the alcohol induced insomnia after drinking 8-9 beers a night for three weeks then stopping. Melatonin and just suffering through the first night got over it quick. Never had the shakes (that I know of... im loving clumsy to begin with)

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

http://www.shopmedvet.com/product/lactated-ringers-iv-solution-1000ml/iv-fluids

somehow, maybe, i think the hospital might be able to absorb the loss.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

moose face posted:

Messy divorce

i legit feel bad for calling you a pussy now, although i still recommend greasy rear end breakfast food, and i hope you're ok man

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gatekeeper posted:

i legit feel bad for calling you a pussy now, although i still recommend greasy rear end breakfast food, and i hope you're ok man

I'm ok, it was my decision but there are kids involved and all that stuff so its been hard. Difficult but necessary. Breakfast grease certainly helps a bit in the short term

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

I'm ok, it was my decision but there are kids involved and all that stuff so its been hard. Difficult but necessary. Breakfast grease certainly helps a bit in the short term

Are you cheating on her or was she cheating on you?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Are you cheating on her or was she cheating on you?

Neither. I just had an epiphany one day and realised that it was a toxic relationship and had been for a while.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

moose face posted:

Neither. I just had an epiphany one day and realised that it was a toxic relationship and had been for a while.

ahhh. you'd feel better if you cheated on her.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

So you are the agent of the divorce? You initiated it, for healthy, long term reasons?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that soundsl ike a very grown up decision

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

So you are the agent of the divorce? You initiated it, for healthy, long term reasons?

Yes. People stay in extremely unhealthy relationships for long periods of time thinking that things will get better. If only this happenes, or that happens it will all be good. I recognised that I haven't been happy for a long time and that I am not fostering the best environment for my children.

So I took the plunge and ended it. We didn't even have a massive fight like we often do, I just woke up it seems. But enough about my nonsense. Back to hangover cures

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

subhuman filth posted:

ahhh. you'd feel better if you cheated on her.

No I could never do that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

Yes. People stay in extremely unhealthy relationships for long periods of time thinking that things will get better. If only this happenes, or that happens it will all be good. I recognised that I haven't been happy for a long time and that I am not fostering the best environment for my children.

So I took the plunge and ended it. We didn't even have a massive fight like we often do, I just woke up it seems. But enough about my nonsense. Back to hangover cures

I hope everything turns out best for all concerned, friend. :)

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
best cure for a hangover is learning how to speak portuguese at a proficient level before becoming homeless

then simply drink till you blackout, wander to a new locale, then wake up.

voila you now have so much poo poo to deal with the hang over is the least of your worries.

(i usually just drink a lot of cold carbonated water)

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

moose face posted:

No I could never do that

actually :mrgw:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
The gently caress are you doing drinking your depression away? You're no longer tied down, you're in the prime of your life, get on up on Tinder (or Grindr? I ain't judging) and get your dick wet. It'll distract you from the unnecessary depression and help you focus on what you really want to do with your life. Don't piss it away like some crying baby bitch staring into a bottle.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pudding Huxtable posted:

The gently caress are you doing drinking your depression away? You're no longer tied down, you're in the prime of your life, get on up on Tinder (or Grindr? I ain't judging) and get your dick wet. It'll distract you from the unnecessary depression and help you focus on what you really want to do with your life. Don't piss it away like some crying baby bitch staring into a bottle.

Oh let me tell you this, I was never crying and never alone.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

Oh let me tell you this, I was never crying and never alone.

So you were cheating on her.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

So you were cheating on her.

No, never once in eight years

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
what happened to mookface, are you mookface?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

No, never once in eight years

I believe you. It's a shame that love doesn't last.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I believe you. It's a shame that love doesn't last.

People change

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

People change

Indeed. Everything changes, all the time, constantly. This is an excellent lesson of life - nothing is permanent. Nothing lasts.

Let go of all you fear to lose.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drinking to excess is both cool and good and should be encouraged

most people in the middle east dont drink and look how thats going for them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

redshirt posted:

Indeed. Everything changes, all the time, constantly. This is an excellent lesson of life - nothing is permanent. Nothing lasts.

what are you doing

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

<<banal bromide statement>>

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I have been embracing the philosophy of the ancient stoics except for with drugs and alcohol Its hard to do though

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Frog Act posted:

what are you doing

mourning his mod position

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

moose face posted:

I have been embracing the philosophy of the ancient stoics except for with drugs and alcohol Its hard to do though

If only they knew about vodka.

But the truth is there, clear as day. You know it, we all know it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

reshirt are you like on mdma today or something

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frog Act posted:

reshirt are you like on mdma today or something

I wish.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

i swear to loving christ if theres something more satisfying in life than booze I haven't found it

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Yaws posted:

i swear to loving christ if theres something more satisfying in life than booze I haven't found it

Oxycodone. Sex on oxycodone. Sex on oxycodone on beach vacation.

Also building a really nice birdhouse. And your niece and nephew feeling bad about how lovely their birdhouse looks next to yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

spooky girlfriend posted:

Oxycodone. Sex on oxycodone. Sex on oxycodone on beach vacation.

Also building a really nice birdhouse. And your niece and nephew feeling bad about how lovely their birdhouse looks next to yours.

lol that's not really a thing

• Locked thread