Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo why would they ever cancel such a marvelous weapon?

I remember seeing grainy clips of it off some random RE website over ten years ago and I'm still a bit sad we didn't get it

I just want to burn holes through zombies, Capcom :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Len posted:

Okay Capcom REmake HD did good. Now you gotta make my HD Dino Crisis duology remake.

I'd like to thank you for recognizing that Dino Crisis 3 doesn't exist.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Barudak posted:

I'd like to thank you for recognizing that Dino Crisis 3 doesn't exist.

I would accept that as a non-hd remake hidden in a bonus features menu.

Also add Dino Stalker and move support. TIA

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I never got a chance to play DC:3, doesn't appear I missed much... and 2 was so good. Shame.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A RE4-style remake of DC2 would be completely my jam.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It always bugs me a little how various NPCs get ahead of you in these games. "Bitch I had to fight a bunch of fire-breathing steel dragons to grab this stone piece from an undisturbed chest to open this door, HOW THE HELL did you get in here before me?" It's a common videogame trope, but every RE game has a lot of it.
They take paths your group doesn't use. It doesn't excuse how members you pick up will forget how they got to a secluded island that is stuck behind a barrier.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Policenaut posted:

Capcom, you might wanna do stuff like REmaster more often. REmaster is the fastest selling digital game Capcom's ever released and had the largest day one sales of a game ever on the PlayStation Network.

Gee Capcom, it's almost as if you had the right idea the first time around, except you released it on the wrong console. Who knew.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just beat Leon's campaign in RE6 and have started warming up to it. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips. The first two chapters were pretty boring and annoying but the pace definitely picked up after that. I also got used to the game's combat so I started getting A and S ranks towards the end. It took me 4 hours to beat the campaign according to the game so it's pretty meaty.

It was kind of funny how the other characters started popping up from nowhere when you got to China. The story is quite a mess and I never had any idea what the hell was going on, which might be solved by playing the other characters but I kind of doubt it will. I think the zombie ICBM was pretty creepy and the little drive through the gas cloud a pretty atmospheric sequence. I never played 5 or Revelations - but have the characters been experimented on or something? Leon was a pretty bad-rear end action hero in 4 but in this game he is practically super-human.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Jake is Wesker's son and Sherry's been through some poo poo back at Raccoon City. Chris got buff as hell just to fight Wesker and I guess this is him after that peak since his muscles aren't as crazy.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So as of right now, is there anything especially tantilizing in the 'complete' version of Revelations 2? I mean it says two additional episodes but they haven't really given anymore details on them anywhere have they?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Niggurath posted:

So as of right now, is there anything especially tantilizing in the 'complete' version of Revelations 2? I mean it says two additional episodes but they haven't really given anymore details on them anywhere have they?

they're episodes focusing on moira and creepy little girl following barry where you play as them only

so you know, gimmicky stealth-only episodes that will probably suck rear end

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I guess Nerf just makes a Red9 now.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I just beat Leon's campaign in RE6 and have started warming up to it. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips. The first two chapters were pretty boring and annoying but the pace definitely picked up after that. I also got used to the game's combat so I started getting A and S ranks towards the end. It took me 4 hours to beat the campaign according to the game so it's pretty meaty.

It was kind of funny how the other characters started popping up from nowhere when you got to China. The story is quite a mess and I never had any idea what the hell was going on, which might be solved by playing the other characters but I kind of doubt it will. I think the zombie ICBM was pretty creepy and the little drive through the gas cloud a pretty atmospheric sequence. I never played 5 or Revelations - but have the characters been experimented on or something? Leon was a pretty bad-rear end action hero in 4 but in this game he is practically super-human.

The story makes a lot more sense if you do like, say, leon 1 -> chris 1 -> jake 1 -> leon 2 etc. etc., but you didn't miss much - the story isn't that great. (still save Ada for last, though)

Killing zombies is just really great cardio, I think.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Leon's excuse for his superhuman abilities is Special Government Training.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Renoistic posted:

It was kind of funny how the other characters started popping up from nowhere when you got to China. The story is quite a mess and I never had any idea what the hell was going on, which might be solved by playing the other characters but I kind of doubt it will.

It really doesn't. Even the scenarios that are relatively straightforward depend on some truly alarming coincidences, like how Leon crashes a passenger jet into downtown Not Hong Kong and immediately runs into one of the four people in the city he knows.

Krad posted:

Gee Capcom, it's almost as if you had the right idea the first time around, except you released it on the wrong console. Who knew.

It wasn't their idea. Shinji Mikami thought the GameCube was amazing and wanted to work exclusively on it (IIRC he thought he could get it to work just as well as the PS2 and it was much easier to develop for), and since he was on fire in the 2000s, they let him. When they finally said enough was enough and ported RE4 to the PS2, it was one of the major issues that caused Mikami to leave the company.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Policenaut posted:

Capcom, you might wanna do stuff like REmaster more often. REmaster is the fastest selling digital game Capcom's ever released and had the largest day one sales of a game ever on the PlayStation Network.

Something tells me that this might not work as well with RE zero.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

blackguy32 posted:

Something tells me that this might not work as well with RE zero.

I was convinced we'd now get a Resident Evil 2 remake, until I read this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, Capcom accidentally showed that RE Zero REmaster is coming awhile back when they were promoting the PS4 theme for REmaster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Renoistic posted:

I never played 5 or Revelations - but have the characters been experimented on or something? Leon was a pretty bad-rear end action hero in 4 but in this game he is practically super-human.

The games have been gradually turning into those awful Paul WS Anderson movies for a while now.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, Capcom accidentally showed that RE Zero REmaster is coming awhile back when they were promoting the PS4 theme for REmaster.

They're gonna take one look at the lesser sales of a Zero re-release and say "Oh well, fans don't want more classic style games after all", because Capcom.

Lurdiak posted:

The games have been gradually turning into those awful Paul WS Anderson movies for a while now.

I would say they've even surpassed them. It's funny how the games have actually retroactively made the movies more accurate to the source material.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I can't wait to play as the main character from the movies in RE7 mercenaries. :allears:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lurdiak posted:

The action being crazy in the games predates and often surpasses the movies. Claire was doing physically-impossible gunfighting tricks in 2000.

Geight posted:

I can't wait to play as the main character from the movies in RE7 mercenaries. :allears:

Well, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

A RE4-style remake of DC2 would be completely my jam.

Just added a contextual melee move to suplex a velociraptor would be enough.

DC2 was the best action game of its generation even with a garbage underwater section.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm not gonna lie, I was into the idea in general but now I'm doubly-sold on it because when that headline dropped a lot of nerds got really mad. I had to look up her name because I couldn't even remember it even though I sat through the first two movies.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Geight posted:

you mean barry burton??

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

They're gonna take one look at the lesser sales of a Zero re-release and say "Oh well, fans don't want more classic style games after all", because Capcom.

I would say they've even surpassed them. It's funny how the games have actually retroactively made the movies more accurate to the source material.

People like me will buy Zero because we enjoyed the Remake so much. Artificial inflation. I realize the game is pretty mediocre.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe they'll fix it a bit like they altered the REmake controls.

Maybe not have big weapons take up 2 slots or that stupid loving hookshot thing not being needed so much.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Lurdiak posted:

While it is true that the laser dodging sequences in 4 and Umbrella Chronicles were lifted from the first movie you have to remember that the really memorable action sequences were lifted straight from the games, such as Alice doing Claire's patented drop, catch, shoot trick or the RE5 Chris and Sheva vs. Wesker and Jill scene right down to the camera angles.

I mean, RE hasn't gone full hog yet so we don't have a scene of Jill or Claire crashing through a window on a motorbike and then kicking a Cerberus in mid-jump but instead we get things like Jake piledriving the Ustanak

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aces High posted:

While it is true that the laser dodging sequences in 4 and Umbrella Chronicles were lifted from the first movie you have to remember that the really memorable action sequences were lifted straight from the games, such as Alice doing Claire's patented drop, catch, shoot trick or the RE5 Chris and Sheva vs. Wesker and Jill scene right down to the camera angles.

I mean, RE hasn't gone full hog yet so we don't have a scene of Jill or Claire crashing through a window on a motorbike and then kicking a Cerberus in mid-jump but instead we get things like Jake piledriving the Ustanak

It was a suplex. :colbert:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Guys, guys!

Resident Evil the Movie: THE GAME.

You know, like just like they did with Street Fighter.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fereydun posted:

you mean barry burton??

Holy poo poo, I haven't seen whichever one that happens in. Unless it's like, a deleted scene from the first one or something?? When the hell did Barry show up in the movies? :aaa:

Also, just beat REmastered with Jill. I still kinda wish I could've played through the game knowing less about it, but it's great regardless. Probably gonna start up a Chris run soon. Also are there really that many different ending videos to unlock? I was surprised when the gallery said I achieved Jill 3.

Geight fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 10, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah there's one for every combination of possible people left alive with each character so like three or four each?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Geight posted:

Holy poo poo, I haven't seen whichever one that happens in. Unless it's like, a deleted scene from the first one or something?? When the hell did Barry show up in the movies? :aaa:

it's from the latest one, where wesker becomes president of planet earth

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Fereydun posted:

you know, the more time goes by, the less i dislike these movies

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Alteisen posted:

Maybe they'll fix it a bit like they altered the REmake controls.

Maybe not have big weapons take up 2 slots or that stupid loving hookshot thing not being needed so much.

I think that simply adding item boxes back in, in addition to the ability to drop items, would eliminate much of the tedium associated with the game.

I'm absolutely going to buy it because I'm a hopeless nerd for the series and I rather liked Zero when it was released.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I generally think they will stop at zero. While i think it would be nice to remake 2, it's not that bad and they may as well make a new game at that point.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

I generally think they will stop at zero. While i think it would be nice to remake 2, it's not that bad and they may as well make a new game at that point.

Hopefully they'll at least port CVX HD to PC, considering it's already on MT Framework and therefore requires practically zero effort.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fereydun posted:

That's amazing. Is that before or after the fight scene that's lifted from RE5? I hope it's after.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Geight posted:

That's amazing. Is that before or after the fight scene that's lifted from RE5? I hope it's after.

The copied Wesker fight scene was in the 4th movie where he was the main villain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J58VPpPrmQU

Wesker being the President was at the end of the 5th movie where he's now kind of a good guy. Well, it's less that he's good and more that he wants to help fight and save what's left of humanity from a genocidal AI.

OR DOES HE?????

Anyway, the only copied fight in 5 was Alice vs. Ada which was obviously copied from Leon vs. Ada

Also say what you will about the movies but they have, from the first, had great music. Afterlife was when I really came back to liking the series and the music was a big reason for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDOpxI051I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFhZptSn-Q

Nothing beats Manson's iconic RE Theme but the other movies still have great scores.

A bit of trivia: Paul WS Anderson only wrote the second and third movies, Apocalypse and Extinction. Someone else directed them. Meanwhile, the movies I actually liked - 1, Afterlife and Retribution - were actually directed by him. A coincidence? I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Excellent. I was mostly just hoping that he became president after his head was blown apart into tiny pieces and his body was riddled with bullets. I am going to watch all of these movies now. :allears: