Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

football fuckerman posted:

PFT: Rift growing between Sherman, Carroll??

Relationships can indeed melt at burn temps of this magnitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Colin Cowherd just redubbed the Autumn Wind to be about the Patriots and I think I love Cowherd now

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SA2K posted:

If they stay the Chargers I'll probably end up still following them, I just don't think I'll feel as close a connection to them. I grew up rooting for the San Diego Chargers and have tons of memories of me and my Dad and my grandparents driving to San Diego and going to Qualcomm and while LA might be relatively close, I just don't think it'd be the same. Yeah, I root for the Angels and Ducks, but it's not near the fandom I have with the Chargers.

If they change the name of the team, I don't even know. I'll probably just become a college football fan first and pull even harder for the Aztecs.

I don't want them to leave :(

At worst your team is moving 2 hours away. That's nothing. If the Rams move, they're moving across the country and it sucks.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

SA2K posted:

Colin Cowherd just redubbed the Autumn Wind to be about the Patriots and I think I love Cowherd now

For these are truly dark days

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JRizzle posted:

At worst your team is moving 2 hours away. That's nothing. If the Rams move, they're moving across the country and it sucks.

I get that and I feel bad for Rams fans, but a different city is a different city. I don't like Los Angeles. I actively avoid going to Los Angeles whenever possible. It annoys me that my baseball team calls itself Los Angeles when they aren't in Los Angeles. I am glad that I got excuses to stop rooting for the Clippers and USC.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SA2K posted:

son of a bitch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

I get that and I feel bad for Rams fans, but a different city is a different city. I don't like Los Angeles. I actively avoid going to Los Angeles whenever possible. It annoys me that my baseball team calls itself Los Angeles when they aren't in Los Angeles. I am glad that I got excuses to stop rooting for the Clippers and USC.

Agreed. If proximity mattered then I would be a Raiders fan. It doesn't. I want a team that represents my city, not someone else's.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Colin Cowherd is a kind of wind himself.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SA2K posted:

I think I love Cowherd now

The gently caress is wrong with you?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shath Hole posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

Making Raiders fans mad goes a long way with me

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
N: Seahawks GM John Schneider hinted in an interview that Russell Wilson will take a deal that will "help the team continue to win"

V: :getin:

However...

N: Schneider also said Marshawn is mulling retirement and has no timetable for a decision

V: :ohdear:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would he retire?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SA2K posted:

Making Raiders fans mad goes a long way with me

I don't think any amount of Saint pain can make me not want Cowherd to die a slow terrible death

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

New media requirements for the 2015 season?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

NC-17 posted:

Why would he retire?

Obviously I don't know what he's thinking, but I would imagine he got pissed off enough with the huge media circus surrounding him throughout the year that the end result of the Super Bowl could have just initiated a "Y'know, I don't think it's worth it" train of thought.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I mean, the guy's not a spring chicken anymore and the last few seasons couldn't have been easy on him. Might as well retire if you think it could give you another year or two of good mental health.

Also if Beast Mode retires all the free agent runningbacks are going to be doing backflips because they just got a raise. Seattle needs that rungame.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's taken a hell of a beating throughout his career as well.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Hes at that age where even good RBs will randomly fall off a cliff so maybe he wants to avoid that embarassment and leave kind of on top. I assume/hope hes put several mil away for retirement.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Manoueverable posted:

N: Seahawks GM John Schneider hinted in an interview that Russell Wilson will take a deal that will "help the team continue to win"

Wouldn't you expect that the GM of a team believes that every deal he makes will "help the team to continue to win"? Otherwise you should probably look for a new GM.

It's the same as with a play call, if a coach says after the game "Ah, I knew that ball would be intercepted by Butler" you should probably look for a new coach.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Why would he retire?

He's a millionaire already and he has already won a Super Bowl in his career. Why not go out now if you feel that is right for you? I'd love for Lynch to come back, but if he's happier doing something else than more power to him. I'm going to miss him, I only hope we can get Wilson some actual receivers so the offense has a little more zing next year.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised if all the media stuff just made him say gently caress it. Retire and go do poo poo with kids in oakland and be happy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Manoueverable posted:

"If you pay me a buttload of cash, it'll help the team continue to win instead of hoping to get lucky in the draft again"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Intruder posted:

"If you pay me a buttload of cash, it'll help the team continue to win instead of hoping to get lucky in the draft again"

Yes I understand that it's really a bunch of words that mean nothing but I need to be optimistic dammit :mad:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"You know what helps you win? giving me a fully guaranteed contract at 90% of market for non-guaranteed contracts for 7 years, saving you money"

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lmao people are blaming the media for Lynch contemplating retirement

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I remember when Barry retired, he put it best. "My desire to leave the game is greater than my desire to stay in it." That's why people tend to retire.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

cheesetriangles posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the media stuff just made him say gently caress it. Retire and go do poo poo with kids in oakland and be happy.

Hes not actually afraid of the media dude hes given shitloads of normal interviews. Hes just really really mad he cant use media day to sponsor stuff so he gets all pouty.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Hes not actually afraid of the media dude hes given shitloads of normal interviews. Hes just really really mad he cant use media day to sponsor stuff so he gets all pouty.

He does very few and only with select people and I seriously cannot believe all this pearl clutching about him not wanting to talk to people is going to keep going.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MourningView posted:

He does very few and only with select people and I seriously cannot believe all this pearl clutching about him not wanting to talk to people is going to keep going.

it's making him retire and cry and touch his dick less often

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He got to have all his apparel on anyway, it's not that at all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Marshawn is going to retire and just use his access to NFL teams to jump in front of cameras grabbing his dick

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Raku posted:

Marshawn is going to retire and just use his access to NFL teams to jump in front of cameras with beatz headphones

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Marshawn Lynch actually doesn't rock Beats headphones, dude.

Not all giant cans worn by athletes are "Beats", it's the equivalent of old people calling all video games "Nintendos".

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Ostentatious posted:

Not all giant cans worn by athletes are "Beats", it's the equivalent of old people calling all video games "Nintendos".

Yea you are right they're zumiez

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm pretty sure Lynch wears Monster.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm pretty sure Lynch wears Monster.

Oh right thats the name of the store https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0UqODb5tQ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

Or calling all tissues "Kleenex"

:v:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Marshawn Lynch retiring would be the biggest surprise since Spearchucker Jones hung up the cleats and stethoscope

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Marshawn Lynch retiring would be the biggest surprise since Spearchucker Jones hung up the cleats and stethoscope

I had to google this because I never watched MASH and holy poo poo I can't believe they actually called him that

"Not all search engines are Google!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Intruder posted:

I had to google this because I never watched MASH and holy poo poo I can't believe they actually called him that

military nicknames often fall into this catagory

• Locked thread