Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hmm...

quote:

30. Jordan Phillips
Green Bay Packers (12-4)
COLLEGE: Oklahoma Class: Soph HT: 6-5 WT: 334 POS: DT

Analysis: It would be nice to add another pass-rusher at some point, but there isn't a great option on the board at this point. And it could be hard to pass on a player of Phillips' potential as a potential star along the defensive line (if he continues to progress and shows more heart on a play-to-play basis). The effort can be inconsistent, and Phillips also missed time in 2013 because of a back injury. But this is a freak athlete in 6-foot-5, 330-pound package, a player who can control blocks with his strength-size combination and can pursue like a much lighter, faster player when he finds a lane. You have to believe you can get him to his full potential, but if you get him close, Phillips can be a scheme-versatile menace.

Effort issues? Back injury? Freakish physical stats, not much actual performance to back it up?

Sure sounds like a classic Packers line pick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mike Mayock posted his initial Top 5 per Position...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470108/article/mike-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2015-nfl-draft

Jay Ajayi not being in top 5 is dumb. Also has Shaq Thompson listed as a safety, which I guess is fine. I think he's more of a 3-4 OLB.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ozu posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470108/article/mike-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2015-nfl-draft

Jay Ajayi not being in top 5 is dumb. Also has Shaq Thompson listed as a safety, which I guess is fine. I think he's more of a 3-4 OLB.

I thought Shaq was projecting inside?

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Ozu posted:

Didn't Mayock have Zach Mettenberger as the 4th best QB last year, above Bridgewater?

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I heard we were talking Rusty 2.0

aka

Future Brown Rusty 2.0

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lazerbeam posted:

Didn't Mayock have Zach Mettenberger as the 4th best QB last year, above Bridgewater?
Well, Teddy was tied with Mett. His rankings are actually pretty terrible. I like Dane Brugler and usually buy his draft preview when it's released around late March.

Quarterback
1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
T-5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
T-5. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PrinceRandom posted:

I thought Shaq was projecting inside?

Outside. He's one of those new age safety/SAM linebackers that are coveted due to how important slot and TE receivers are in today's NFL.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
I saw the name Brandon Bridge in this thread a few pages back.

Picture Jake Locker with one-quarter the athleticism and a worse collegiate completion percentage. That's Bridge. Do Not Draft Him.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ozu posted:

Well, Teddy was tied with Mett. His rankings are actually pretty terrible. I like Dane Brugler and usually buy his draft preview when it's released around late March.

Quarterback
1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
T-5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
T-5. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

I pretty much exclusively use CBS draft. I like both Brugler and Rang. They need an editor something bad though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Picture Jake Locker with one-quarter the athleticism and a worse collegiate completion percentage. That's Bridge. Do Not Draft Him.

he must be really bad

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
jake locker loving up is Extremely My poo poo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Front Offices are gonna fall in lover with WR Rashad Greene, even though he's not a #1 WR by nearly any stretch
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/rashad-greene-diary-preparation-for-combine-under-way-020715

NFL Draft WR's drop pass ratio: best is FSU Rashad Greene 1 for every 74 vs Auburn, Sammie Coates 1 for every 9

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

wheez the roux posted:

jake locker loving up is Extremely My poo poo

I watched him basically my entire stint in undergrad and I still giggle like an idiot when I think of him being a top-10 pick

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

I watched him basically my entire stint in undergrad and I still giggle like an idiot when I think of him being a top-10 pick

I remember going to a UW game on Locker's senior year (I think it was ASU) and watching him flail around and just look like poo poo in general and thought "people think this guy is a top-10 in the draft?" because man Locker was underwhelming. Granted he played under Willingham so his career was sort of ruined from the get-go.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

I remember going to a UW game on Locker's senior year (I think it was ASU) and watching him flail around and just look like poo poo in general and thought "people think this guy is a top-10 in the draft?" because man Locker was underwhelming. Granted he played under Willingham so his career was sort of ruined from the get-go.

I went to the Holiday Bowl and saw him beat Nebraska and completely like three passes the entire game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I remember quite a few seahawks/washington guys coming in here defending the poo poo out of Jake Locker but alas they all cant be RYan Tannehillis

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Locker wasn't made of glass he would of developed into a good qb :colbert:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Metapod posted:

Absolutely not, dude could maybe hit a wide-open receiver 25 yards downfield a third of the time. His accuracy was always loving awful even at Washington.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely not, dude could maybe hit a wide-open receiver 25 yards downfield a third of the time. His accuracy was always loving awful even at Washington.

But he had nothing to work with and none of it is his fault!

Or at least I remember hearing that a lot around here, and apparently at least some NFL scouts agreed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

No he couldn't have. I actually think he's an okay backup and may even have some weird stretch like McCown did for the Bears where he's an able replacement, but his accuracy suuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

i have absolutely no idea why he was offered a combine invite and it's amazing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I remember quite a few seahawks/washington guys coming in here defending the poo poo out of Jake Locker but alas they all cant be RYan Tannehillis

He came from my hometown so I felt obligated to defend him, but yeah Locker is not very good.

Locker can always come home and coach the local high school team or something, people here still love him for winning state title that one time.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Grittybeard posted:

But he had nothing to work with and none of it is his fault!

Or at least I remember hearing that a lot around here, and apparently at least some NFL scouts agreed.

I remember saying something like "he could be good if this turns out to be true." But then I remembered every time Washington's receivers got separation on deep routes only for him to overthrow a sure TD by 3-5 yards every time and backed off that idea.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SA2K posted:

I went to the Holiday Bowl and saw him beat Nebraska and completely like three passes the entire game

If there was ever a definition of "game manager" I thought it was his performance in that game. He didn't do anything dumb but he sure as hell didn't look spectacular either.

I really wanted Locker to be good but I had huge question marks about him. He has the build of a pro passer but his execution was just awful. And to think he could have gone higher in the draft had he declared in his junior year.

Benne posted:

He came from my hometown so I felt obligated to defend him, but yeah Locker is not very good.

Locker can always come home and coach the local high school team or something, people here still love him for winning state title that one time.

When I went to WWU, I dated a girl from Ferndale. That's about all I got on that town.

Speaking of WWU, I remember a time in one of the computer labs, I saw someone browsing TFF, and meant to say hi. I was sure it was TFF because I saw Gendo's Anne Frank Minnesota avatar.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

wheez the roux posted:

jameis looked like hot garbage 75%+ of the time he was on the field, against (even by cfb standards) below average defenses

can't wait to watch him get clowned by the pros

I know you can't stand the guy personally but what you said just isn't very accurate. You can take him to task all day for behavior-specific issues but between the lines I'd say he graded out quite a bit higher than "hot garbage"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

I know you can't stand the guy personally but what you said just isn't very accurate. You can take him to task all day for behavior-specific issues but between the lines I'd say he graded out quite a bit higher than "hot garbage"

He's a hard QB to grade if you're not going to spend a good amount of time seeing where deficiencies in our offense were and how they take away a good amount of things we like to do. If you already hate him, you're going to blame every dropped pass or bad route or missed OL assignment on him

But he's far and away the best QB in the draft

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
On the flip side if you love him you'll forgive way more than you should.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
While there were issues with that State offense, the fact remains that unless something loving wierd happens that isn't going to magically change in the NFL.

He will be drafted by a lovely team with tons of holes, so it isn't fair to just discount that. How he plays with poo poo is very, very relevant to how he will do in the NFL.

Plus he just loves making awful, awful decisions. Which will be a problem as well.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

But he's far and away the best QB in the draft

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

he's dead

he died

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Did his stock plummet because of a broken leg only?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

SA2K posted:

he's dead

he died

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rip

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Yeah, RIP.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This owns: http://instagram.com/p/zC8NXHFq4N/

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

maybe GoT is where he got his idea of what "consent" means

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

wheez the roux posted:

maybe GoT is where he got his idea of what "consent" means

:drat:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
"Where have you drafted him?" he asked.
"Eighth overall" they replied.

The Big Jesus wept.

Then the Titans said, "See how he hated him!"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Big Jesus posted:

"Where have you drafted him?" he asked.
"Eighth overall" they replied.

The Big Jesus wept.

Then the Titans said, "See how he hated him!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It's neat that even in joke videos you can see that weird hitch at the top of his throwing motion

• Locked thread