Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was also hardly the reason Green Lantern failed.

I mean his not being a draw didn't help, but it's not why it failed. Sony made billions with the corpse of Tobey Macguire in Spider-Man so that doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Green Lantern. Killed it before it even left the ground.

Also, Blade (though that one was equal portions Dominic Purcell and Ryan Reynolds)

Ryan Reynolds should win an oscar and beat your rear end with it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rocksicles posted:

Name one franchise he ruined...

Ryan Reynolds's career?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pwnstar posted:

Can't wait for Oliver to casually mention to Thea that she murdered Sarah.

At the rate we're going this season it's going to be :ohdear: followed later in the episode by "Do I get a costume now?! :neckbeard:"

I mean I love it but wow the masks are coming out of the woodwork right now and with little or no motivation.

e: I really really REALLY loving hope they don't run with the Speedy has HIV angle from the comics due to DJ Sleazy Assassin. That would ... be a poor decision.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Chokes McGee posted:

At the rate we're going this season it's going to be :ohdear: followed later in the episode by "Do I get a costume now?! :neckbeard:"

I mean I love it but wow the masks are coming out of the woodwork right now and with little or no motivation.

If Thea gets a mask/costume before Diggle...:sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Whizbang posted:

Uh excuse me, Freelancer very clearly has a balaclava

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

e: I really really REALLY loving hope they don't run with the Speedy has HIV angle from the comics due to DJ Sleazy Assassin. That would ... be a poor decision.

...Actually that would be amazing now. Talk about your master plans.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Diggle is the backup Arrow!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

jscolon2.0 posted:

Ryan Reynolds, ruiner of franchises.

You need to find the CGI Deadpool film leaked a few months ago, watch it, then come back and admit that Reynolds makes a perfect Deadpool.
e: In fact, I'll link it for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXGsv9nsNs

I'll wait.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 13, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Valeyard posted:

Diggle is the backup Arrow!

I mean he uses a gun but it's basically the same thing!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I liked Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern :(. Everything else in that movie as dumb except the effects but he was good

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Whizbang posted:

Diggle not bothering to have a costume is great.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just watched last night's episode. I liked it and boy am I relieved that we've wrapped up 3 aggravating plot points (Lance and Sara, Ollie's identity with Thea and Douchemau5). I really enjoyed how chill Thea reacted with everything. It's a shame that in return we now have the stupid Ollie needs Malcolm plot when everyone else on Team Arrow thinks it's a stupid idea. I kinda have whiplash from Thea suddenly going 'Daddy Daddy' in Corto Maltese to suddenly being suspicious as gently caress about Malcolm, but I guess I can believe that she honestly thought he was her last option or that she was just using him while always being on her guard (apparently not well enough). God I hope we get some payoff on this and everyone can go "I told you so" to Ollie regarding Malcolm. Time to catch up on the thread.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Everyone is gonna super bummed when Thea is actually evil and wasn't mind controlled then kills Felicity to put another dagger in Ollie's heart :smith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, that turn was SO quick that I'm expecting a Judas Contract situation (with less Elektra complex, obviously)

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Chokes McGee posted:

The leagues methods are subtle, but effective.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Xtanstic posted:

Just watched last night's episode. I liked it and boy am I relieved that we've wrapped up 3 aggravating plot points (Lance and Sara, Ollie's identity with Thea and Douchemau5). I really enjoyed how chill Thea reacted with everything. It's a shame that in return we now have the stupid Ollie needs Malcolm plot when everyone else on Team Arrow thinks it's a stupid idea. I kinda have whiplash from Thea suddenly going 'Daddy Daddy' in Corto Maltese to suddenly being suspicious as gently caress about Malcolm, but I guess I can believe that she honestly thought he was her last option or that she was just using him while always being on her guard (apparently not well enough). God I hope we get some payoff on this and everyone can go "I told you so" to Ollie regarding Malcolm. Time to catch up on the thread.

I would be good with Evil Thea if Ollie aces Merlyn.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Yeah the fights between Thea and Malcolm seemed really off. It might have been bad acting or maybe that they are all staged.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Moon posted:

Everyone is gonna super bummed when Thea is actually evil and wasn't mind controlled then kills Felicity to put another dagger in Ollie's heart :smith:

Thea is actually Slade, in a Scooby-Do reveal

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Thea being evil is actually where I'm hoping they take the character. I've been pretty bummed that the show has been moving her in a different direction this season. I would have been thrilled to see Malcolm and Thea together as secondary antagonists for the rest of the show's run. Given everything that's happened, particularly the Sara situation and Oliver revealing his secret, I feel like that's pretty far fetched at this point.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dude... Thea's based (really, really loosely, to be fair) on Green Arrow's sidekick from the comics. She was never going to be a villain for the long term.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

JohnSherman posted:

Thea being evil is actually where I'm hoping they take the character. I've been pretty bummed that the show has been moving her in a different direction this season. I would have been thrilled to see Malcolm and Thea together as secondary antagonists for the rest of the show's run. Given everything that's happened, particularly the Sara situation and Oliver revealing his secret, I feel like that's pretty far fetched at this point.

Yeah I also was expecting a Thea is evil because of the Corto Maltese shenanigans. I'm a bit disappointed we never got to see that and a true Thea vs Ollie fight.

Bad Moon posted:

What are the odds that Felicty gets the full Oracle treatment? Which I have no idea what that involves except for a wheelchair.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Azhais posted:

Thea is actually Slade, in a Scooby-Do reveal

Thea is the Reverse Flash! :tinfoil:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I also was expecting a Thea is evil because of the Corto Maltese shenanigans. I'm a bit disappointed we never got to see that and a true Thea vs Ollie fight.

What are the odds that Felicty gets the full Oracle treatment? Which I have no idea what that involves except for a wheelchair.

She'd have to be a cape first, which she's not gonna be.

Otherwise, she'd just be doing what she does now, except with less shots showing off her rear end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Habibi posted:

Good episode as far as resolving several hanging plotlines, but god drat all of those emotional scenes really underscored just how terrible most of the actors (including Amell) on this show are. Laurel, Lance, and even Diggle have some chops, but holy hell does everyone else make me cringe when they try to pull off anything besides no expression or jaw-bunching sternness. Can't wait for the return of Manu.

You guys never cease to amaze me with your complete inability to judge acting talent. Stephen Amell is an excellent actor and this episode had several particularly well acted scenes. One of the major strenghts of this show is the quality of its cast.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Dude... Thea's based (really, really loosely, to be fair) on Green Arrow's sidekick from the comics. She was never going to be a villain for the long term.

That's why adaptations are so great. They allow you to take dumb things (comics), strip out the irredeemable trash (most of it), and create compelling narratives by (very) loosely referencing what's left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

That's why adaptations are so great. They allow you to take dumb things (comics), strip out the irredeemable trash (most of it), and create compelling narratives by (very) loosely referencing what's left.

I would be so happy if they straight up made and called it the JLA but with the Arrowverse characters (after spinning off Atom and giving Diggle the ring) snd were like, well that's just the canon in this universe.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

She'd have to be a cape first, which she's not gonna be.

Otherwise, she'd just be doing what she does now, except with less shots showing off her rear end.

That would be the greatest crime of all.

zoux posted:

I would be so happy if they straight up made and called it the JLA but with the Arrowverse characters (after spinning off Atom and giving Diggle the ring) snd were like, well that's just the canon in this universe.

One week a year we have a week long CW DC JLA crossover.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

Wow. How's the air up there on your high horse?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stuffy, and farts rise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

As you can see in Flash. They really hate its comic book roots.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Chokes McGee posted:

They gave that plotline to Diggle instead, haven't you seen the GIF?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

zoux posted:

You guys never cease to amaze me with your complete inability to judge acting talent. Stephen Amell is an excellent actor and this episode had several particularly well acted scenes. One of the major strenghts of this show is the quality of its cast.

Good acting right here.

Scyantific posted:

Green Lantern. Killed it before it even left the ground.

Also, Blade (though that one was equal portions Dominic Purcell and Ryan Reynolds)

Given the material, I actually though Reynolds did a pretty good job with GL.

And you are verifiably wrong about Blade Trinity - Reynolds was pretty much that movie's only redeeming feature:

http://youtu.be/dy7kb5ABsyk

Habibi fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 13, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

As you can see in Flash. They really hate its comic book roots.

One of these days I hope they drop the hyperrealistic crap and give a major Flash villain their actual comic book name :ohdear:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

One of these days I hope they drop the hyperrealistic crap and give a major Flash villain their actual comic book name :ohdear:

I'd settle for Barry wearing the suit, or hell even a red shirt. If only the CW had followed the Smallville model, this show would be leagues better.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

That was mostly Wesley Snipes and his actions on set.

Wesley Snipes was pushed aside in his own franchise to introduce characters for a spin off franchise, making a very shaky 3rd Blade movie seem like an even shittier, non-existent 5th Blade movie. I don't care if he was pimp slapping key grips, that movie had it coming for treating him badly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wesley Snipes is a loving rear end in a top hat who refused to report to set. Nobody pushed him anywhere, they wrote around him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Wesley Snipes was pushed aside in his own franchise to introduce characters for a spin off franchise, making a very shaky 3rd Blade movie seem like an even shittier, non-existent 5th Blade movie. I don't care if he was pimp slapping key grips, that movie had it coming for treating him badly.

It was more then that

quote:

Reportedly, series star Wesley Snipes was unhappy with the film's script and original choice of director. David S. Goyer, who had written all three films in the franchise, was then selected to replace the original director of the film, which Snipes protested. Snipes reportedly caused difficulty during filming, including frequently refusing to shoot scenes, often forcing director Goyer to use stand-ins and computer effects to add his character to scenes. Co-star Patton Oswalt alleged that Snipes would spend much of his time smoking marijuana in his trailer, and that he had became violent with Goyer after falsely accusing him of racism. It has also been alleged that Snipes refused to interact with Goyer or his co-stars, and would instead communicate with them through his assistant or the use of notes. Snipes also allegedly referred to co-star Ryan Reynolds by the term "cracker" on one or more occasions

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Whoa
I didn't know Wesley Snipes had an account here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Chokes McGee posted:

They have the most boring villain too. The Reserved Flash? Why is he so reserved? Why would we want a villain who is always quiet and polite?

• Locked thread