Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Well, this gives my beef-loving self an immense headache. As though Alberta needed more bad news.

Apparently, Mad Cow Disease is back in Alberta:
The CBC reports here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Still eating steak tonight.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's the sad reality that if Sun papers goes south, the well-known wankers like Bell will easily float somewhere else, while the on-the-ground reporters who are actually pretty good, suffer.

e: Didn't take long for the comments to be closed!

Wistful of Dollars has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Feb 13, 2015

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

quote:

Good Friday morning to you.

For the first time in more than 13 months, journalist Mohamed Fahmy isn’t sleeping behind bars. After being granted bail yesterday, he was released early this morning from a Cairo prison, just after 4 a.m. local time. Word is he spent time talking with his family, had a shower and went to bed. Although he’s out of jail, he’s not out of the woods. His lawyer Amal Clooney issued a statement cautioning that the legal process was not over and called for more action from Canada. "There is no impediment to his immediate transfer to Canada and Prime Minister Harper should personally intervene to ensure that the promise that was made by the Egyptian government to his government, and to its citizen, is now honoured," she said.

Much to the dismay of farmers, it’s back. iPolitics has learned that a case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy has been found in a beef cow in Alberta. This is the first Canadian case of what’s better known as “mad cow disease” to be reported since 2011 and is confirmed in an internal memo by Canada’s chief veterinarian Harpreet Kochar. CFIA officials are working to identify the age of the animal, its history and how it became infected. No part of the carcass is said to have entered the human or animal food chain. In an email statement, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz confirmed the finding and said the CFIA is following internationally recognized protocols and working with provincial and industry partners.

The media reports circulating last night said that after a bumpy four-year run, Sun News Network was going off the air early this morning. Although it appears no one bothered to say anything to staff, who were unsure if they should go to work today. Even middle managers were said to be bewildered. If the talk is true, the shuttering of the struggling network will put 200 people out of work.

If you’re a cabinet minister and you’re going to be on The Twitter, you best be chirping in both officials languages. That’s the word from Official Languages Commissioner Graham Fraser. In a preliminary report that followed an investigation, he’s concluded that former foreign affairs minister John Baird and Public Security Minister Steven Blaney violated language laws with unilingual tweets.

Although it’s been more than a year since then-finance minister Jim Flaherty questioned the wisdom of his government’s income-splitting plan, his comments still haunt the Conservatives. What’s more, they’ve turned into an election issue over the value of the Tory government’s multibillion-dollar tax-cut policy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Jason Fekete looks at why.

Perhaps this course of action needs a little more sober second thought. Despite the fact Patrick Brazeau owes the Senate more than $50,000, CBC News has learned the upper chamber has no plans to try and get it back. Until he was suspended without pay in November 2013, the Senate was able to garnish his wages. But now that that’s no longer an option, there are no plans to go after the ever-growing debt.

The federal government plans to appeal a Federal Court ruling that allows someone to take the oath of citizenship while their face is covered. Last week’s ruling said the part of the law that required face coverings to be removed was unlawful. However, Prime Minister Stephen Harper is having none of that. “I believe, and I think most Canadians believe that it is offensive that someone would hide their identity at the very moment where they are committing to join the Canadian family,” he said yesterday. “This is a society that is transparent, open, and where people are equal.” Oh…now we’re family? And transparent?

In the wake of a strike notice by a second union, federal Labour Minister Kellie Leitch is still hoping that an agreement can be reached in time to avert a railway strike that would hamper freight service across the country. Yesterday the union representing safety and maintenance workers at Canadian Pacific Railway said if negotiations fail, their workers could be off the job by this weekend. The union representing locomotive engineers and other workers have served CP with the same midnight Saturday deadline. For now, negotiations are ongoing in Montreal with the help of federal mediators.

Here and there:
  • MP Bernard Valcourt will make a funding announcement for New Brunswick's maple syrup industry.
  • Senator Kelvin Ogilvie will make funding announcements for two projects in rural Nova Scotia.
  • Statistics Canada releases the monthly survey of manufacturing for December.
  • Gov. Gen. David Johnston presides over an Order of Canada investiture ceremony.
  • Bob Dechert, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice and MP for Mississauga-Erindale, attends an infrastructure event regarding the federal Gas Tax Fund.
  • Natural Resources Minister Greg Rickford meets with local stakeholders and makes two FedNor announcements that will support jobs, growth and economic prosperity in Sioux Lookout and First Nation Communities across the region.
  • Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander and Ontario Lt.-Gov. Elizabeth Dowdeswell welcome 100 new citizens at a special citizenship ceremony in Toronto.
  • Minister of State (Social Development) Candice Bergen, federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver, Etobicoke-Lakeshore MP Bernard Trottier and mayor John Tory make an announcement relating to support for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Toronto.
  • Justice Minister Peter MacKay and Heritage Minister Shelly Glover are scheduled to make a funding announcement in Winnipeg.
  • National Revenue Minister Kerry-Lynne Findlay and Okanagan-Coquihalla MP Dan Albas will attend an event to promote amendments to the Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act.
  • Federal Minister of State (Sport) Bal Gosal will hold a press conference prior to the 2015 Canada Winter Games opening ceremony in Prince George, B.C..
  • Minister of State for Seniors Alice Wong will speak during the opening ceremony of the Peter Bakonyi World Cup 2015 in Richmond, B.C..
  • Minister of Industry James Moore and Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification Michelle Rempel and Minister of International Trade Teresa Wat will make an announcement in Vancouver in support of business ties with Asia.

If Russia decides not to honour the deal to end the war in Ukraine or uphold the ceasefire, the EU will be ready to pounce with fresh sanctions. German Chancellor Angela Merkel says EU leaders have asked officials to prepare further sanctions just in case. After a marathon session of talks that went into the wee hours in Minsk yesterday, leaders from Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany put pen to paper and inked a deal. The ceasefire is set to start on Saturday, although there is scepticism on all sides.

When it comes to the Keystone XL pipeline, there have been no shortage of plot twists. On the latest episode of As The Pipeline Turns, there’s another snag in the very place where the opposition to it began. It seems the perennially postponed pipeline project will wind its way through the Nebraska court system. Again.

In Featured Opinion this morning:
  • Michael Harris on Prime Minister Harper's ever-expanding menu of gaudy distractions — from Eve Adams to terrorism to bluster about Ukraine — diverting the attention of the public and the magpie media away from a moribund economy and the threat of a police state.
  • Tasha Kheiriddin on Justin Trudeau's quest for celebrity candidates and the moral of the Adams train wreck: Sometimes, famous people are famous for all the worst reasons.
  • Don't miss this troubling essay from former federal Interim Privacy Commissioner Chantal Bernier on the dire risks embedded in the Harper government's anti-terror bill — and the need for better options.
  • Here's Ukraine-watcher Andrew P. Rasiulis of the Canadian Defence and Foreign Affairs Institute with cautious optimism on the cease-fire deal reached at the Minsk summit: It's no guarantee of peace, but it's the only credible alternative to a wider European war.

There’s sad news in the world of journalism for a second straight morning. David Carr, the well-known media columnist at the New York Times, collapsed in the newsroom last night and later died in hospital. It was just a day earlier that he tweeted about the loss of CBS journalist Bob Simon. Here are the 1,776 Times pieces he penned and a look at how fellow journalists will remember him.

Finally this morning, here’s a happy and determined little tale to get your day off on the right foot.

Have yourself a great weekend. We’ll talk to you Monday.

International

National

Quebec

Ontario

Prairies

Alberta

British Columbia

The North

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Someone needs to make a montage of Sun News moments done to Enya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9ScVXomWo

The whole Youtube channel has videos that need archiving I believe.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

OSI bean dip posted:

So I figured out a sane way to do this and I am archiving Sun News' Youtube channel before they start to yank those offline.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

OSI bean dip posted:

Someone needs to make a montage of Sun News moments done to Enya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9ScVXomWo

I am extremely disappointed that this was not a link to a slow-motion, soft-focus shot of Ezra Levant chainsawing a tree or eating chicken wings to the sounds of Only Time.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

OSI bean dip posted:

So I figured out a sane way to do this and I am archiving Sun News' Youtube channel before they start to yank those offline.

it'd be inappropriate to use enya, use a cover of some cancon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolfEhV-KiA

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rob Ford, winner of ward 2

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

OSI bean dip posted:

Post-avatar c-c-c-combo

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I still have no idea who Sun's market was supposed to be, or who Ezra Levant appeals to. Even in Calgary, I don't know of anyone who ever watched Sun News, and I don't know of anyone that doesn't think Ezra Levant is an empty-headed pillock, and I know people who have unironically called me a pinko.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

PT6A posted:

I still have no idea who Sun's market was supposed to be, or who Ezra Levant appeals to. Even in Calgary, I don't know of anyone who ever watched Sun News, and I don't know of anyone that doesn't think Ezra Levant is an empty-headed pillock, and I know people who have unironically called me a pinko.

Sun News was aimed at Sun readers which in itself are dwindling. That should say enough.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Liberal media :argh:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the non-partisan Taxpayers Federation

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PT6A posted:

I have a friend that loved the network and was always linking me to Levant poo poo. He is a great guy and normally pretty intelligent, but oh man does he ever go off into lunacy once Sun News is brought up. Also Nenshi. :(

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Tasha Kheireddin is normally such a nice woman. Via the relatively safe comment section of the Natty Post:

quote:

Don’t trust anyone over 65! A new study by a group called Generation Squeeze has uncovered a supposedly shocking statistic: Our governments spend $12,000 on every Canadian under 45, but $45,000 on every retiree. At first blush, this doesn’t seem that strange, due to the pension benefits and higher health-care costs paid for seniors. But apparently, this difference constitutes a terrible inequity which is ruining the lives of thousands of younger Canadians.

According to Gen Squeeze`s website, “This is NOT a “good deal… Still, our generation is doing all it can to adapt. To compete for better employment, we squeeze in YEARS more of education and tuition. To buy a place, we accept jobs or contracts that require us to work YEARS more to save a down payment. And for many, this means we wait YEARS longer to move out of our parents’ homes, or to establish our financial independence. WORK and POSTPONEMENT are our coping mechanisms.”

Coping mechanisms? Actually, no: They are choices. And it’s not because government is spending proportionately less money on younger people that they are making them. Ottawa and the provinces are not responsible for changes in the global economy that have transformed the workplace, nor for major alterations in family structure and procreation patterns that have changed how we meet, mate and split up. In fact, many of those changes have made life better for the under-45 generation than for that of their parents.

Related When it comes to personal decisions — Cohabitation? Marriage? Kids? — under-45’s have more options than any generation in history. Today, if you shack up without a ring, you throw a housewarming — instead of being written out of the will. If you’re gay, you can get married — instead of being shunned. If you have a baby outside of marriage, it will be celebrated — instead of given up for adoption. If you don’t want babies, you’ll have a lot of company – instead of being termed a barren spinster. And if you wait into your late 30s to procreate, you can use IVF, egg freezing, or triple-parenting, God help us — instead of ending up with only cats for company.

When it comes to personal finance, it’s true that home prices today are at historical highs — but mortgage rates are at historical lows. In 1981, when today`s 65-year-olds were buying houses, mortgage rates hit 21%. Then there was inflation. Remember inflation? If you`re under 45, you probably don`t, because since 1991 the Bank of Canada has kept it to an average of 1.9%, peaking at 3.8% in 2002.

Compare that to the period between 1971 and 1990, when inflation averaged 7.1%, hitting highs of over 12% in 1974 and 1981 — continually eroding our parents’ savings while hiking their bills.

All these changes have been brought to you by those same people Gen Squeeze says are getting too much public money: the baby boomers

As for the pressures of career and family, the “traditional” long-term, full-time, 9-to-5 jobs 65-year-olds had are harder to get today. But under-45-year-olds, particularly the younger set, don’t even want them. According to a 2012 study by PWC, 64% of millennials would like to occasionally work from home — something unthinkable for their parents’ generation. A 2015 study by the group Elance found that 79% of millennials would consider quitting their regular job and working for themselves in the future, and that they prize the flexibility and control of freelancing — which barely existed in their parents’ day. Younger workers also change employers and careers for reasons of happiness and personal fulfilment — something that was long frowned upon. (Rent a copy of The Graduate if you`re under 45 and don’t believe me.)

And guess what? All these changes have been brought to you by those same people Gen Squeeze says are getting too much public money: the baby boomers. Under-45s can thank them for women’s rights, gay rights, minority rights, the pill, no-fault divorce, the concept of “personal happiness,” the CPP, Medicare, our university network, even today’s low interest rates (Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz is 59 years young).

All of these changes had consequences, both positive and negative. Some national programs, such as health care and pensions, are today in need of major reform. Less family stability has meant more upheaval in the lives of children. And it’s true that under-45s pay far more taxes than their parents’ generation. Things aren’t perfect — but for a great number of under-45s, the pros outweigh the cons.

If millennials still want to fight for more generational equity, they should start with their voting habits. In the 2011 federal general election, fewer than half of under-45s, and only 39% of youth aged 18-24, bothered to cast a ballot. In contrast, 75% of Canadians aged 65-75 voted.

If you’re not participating, other people will make decisions for you — and parties will ignore your needs in favour of those of others. Millennials need to stop blaming baby boomers, and take responsibility for themselves.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

PT6A posted:

I have four Facebook friends who liked SNN's page. One is a racist old guy who worked with my dad. One is my dad's mentally disabled cousin who indiscriminately likes Facebook pages. One works for Enbridge in community relations, and the other is his younger brother who wrote an opinion piece in support of the Dalhousie dental students for UBC Law's student paper.

I'll let someone else figure out the punchline.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Whiskey Sours posted:

I have four Facebook friends who liked SNN's page. One is a racist old guy who worked with my dad. One is my dad's mentally disabled cousin who indiscriminately likes Facebook pages. One works for Enbridge in community relations, and the other is his younger brother who wrote an opinion piece in support of the Dalhousie dental students for UBC Law's student paper.

Quite a crowd. I'm pretty sure that, under the laws of humour, they need to be seen entering a bar in the company of at least one rabbi.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Whiskey Sours posted:

The Aristocrats!

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

What are these Sun News supporters referring to when they're talking about unfair CRTC restrictions and whatnot?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ARACHTION posted:

What are these Sun News supporters referring to when they're talking about unfair CRTC restrictions and whatnot?

I believe the CRTC didn't mandate that they be carried as part of basic cable or some such nonsense, and apparently that's why they failed.

It couldn't possibly be that they sucked poo poo so bad that even arch-conservatives in Calgary tended to hate and/or ignore them. Most of the conservative types I know just watch BNN all the time anyway.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

PT6A posted:

I believe the CRTC didn't mandate that they be carried as part of basic cable or some such nonsense, and apparently that's why they failed.

It couldn't possibly be that they sucked poo poo so bad that even arch-conservatives in Calgary tended to hate and/or ignore them. Most of the conservative types I know just watch BNN all the time anyway.

That's precisely it, yeah. The CRTC did mandate that cable providers make all licensed Canadian news services, including Sun, available for subscribers to pick (in bundles and a la carte), but they didn't give them a mandatory basic cable spot.

Still, pretty much everyone had the choice to subscribe to Sun News if they wanted. For some strange reason nobody wanted to!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

ARACHTION posted:

Big C conservatives are mad that the free market dictated their special snowflake news channel be closed, nothing to see here.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

PT6A posted:

Yep. Sun had appealed for mandatory carriage, whch you can read more about here. Sun supporters argued that CBC and CTV news channels have had mandatory carriage, and that the Commish refusing them was solely because of their political nature. Sun NN itself said that the "must offer" decision Dallan Invictus mentioned wouldn't be enough, and a lack of mandatory carriage would be a "death sentence" for the network.

The CRTC reviewed more than just Sun in 2013, and rejected the following applications for mandatory carriage:

quote:

ACCENTS
Described Video Guide
Avis de recherche
Sun News Network
All Points Bulletin
FUSION
The Natural Resources Television Channel
Dolobox TV
EqualiTV
Canadian Punjabi Network
Maximum Television Canada
Starlight: The Canadian Movie Channel
Vision TV

It's important to note that there's very little that is mandatory these days. CBCNN and CTV News Channel are no longer on the mandatory carriage list in general. CBCNN is mandatory in Franco markets and RDI is mandatory in Anglo markets to service minority language communities.

quote:

Currently, the following services have mandatory distribution on the basic service at the following per subscriber monthly wholesale rates:

Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN): $0.25
Réseau de l’information (RDI) (solely in anglophone markets to provide services to French official language minority communities): $0.10
CBC News Network (solely in francophone markets to provide services to English official language minority communities): $0.15
TVA (outside of Quebec): offered without a wholesale rate
The Weather Network/Météomedia: $0.23
Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC): $0.11
AMI-audio, formerly VoicePrint (in anglophone markets): $0.04
AMI-tv, formerly The Accessible Channel: $0.20 in anglophone markets and $0.00 in francophone markets
Canal M, formerly La Magnétothèque (in francophone markets): $0.02
Avis de recherche (solely in Quebec): $0.06

This is generally what they're looking for:

Criteria for assessing applications for mandatory distribution on the digital basic service posted:

7. As noted above, there are a number of ways in which the Commission can require the distribution of a programming service, the most prescriptive being mandatory distribution on the digital basic television service of all BDUs. For this reason, in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-629 (the Policy), the Commission set out a new approach for evaluating applications for mandatory distribution on the digital basic service under section 9(1)(h) of the Act. This new approach is based on specific criteria established to allow the Commission to determine if a programming service:

makes an exceptional contribution to Canadian expression and reflects Canadian attitudes, opinions, ideas, values and artistic creativity;
contributes in an exceptional manner to achieving the overall objectives for the digital basic service and one or more objectives of the Act, such as:
Canadian identity and cultural sovereignty;
ethno-cultural diversity, including the special place of Aboriginal peoples in Canadian society;
service to and reflection and portrayal of persons with disabilities; or
linguistic duality, including improved service to official language minority communities (OLMCs); and
makes exceptional commitments to original, first-run Canadian programming in terms of exhibition and expenditures.

8. In the Policy, the Commission also determined that existing services that had been granted mandatory distribution on the basic service pursuant to distribution orders under section 9(1)(h) would be required to justify continued mandatory carriage with reference to the new criteria as part of their licence renewal.

I remember when Sun was rejected, friends of mine who are supporters were mad that not only did CBC and CTV get preferential treatment, but that Sun was also "hard to find" on the cable listing, and no one knew what channel it was on. Another friend argued, however, that mandatory carriage is not all it's cracked up to be, because of the people who even still have cable packages, very, very few have just the basic package, so the majority of cable subscribers have a package that has Sun NN on it anyway.

Finally, Warren Kinsella has some words: http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/02/dear-sun-news-network-folks/

quote:

Firstly, folks, I disagreed with those conservatives, too. Plenty. On sex ed, on CBC, on abortion, on niqabs, on social programs, on climate change, on Islam, on gay marriage, on Liberals and liberals, on just about anything you can imagine: I would regularly appear on Sun News Network to argue with those conservatives, face-to-face, on-camera. I would argue, aggressively, against the conservative point of view.

And, over almost four years, a funny thing happened: they kept inviting me back. They asked me to come on much more than my day job would permit, in fact. And they were professional and courteous and fair to me. Only once did they try and shut me down – here – but multiple Sun folks called me afterwards to apologize, and to say that it would never happen again. It didn’t.

That’s the first thing: if you disagree with someone’s opinion, debate them. Present evidence. Argue with facts. Be passionate. Because that’s what Sun News Network gave me an opportunity to do, over and over, for four years.

Here’s the second thing: in case you haven’t noticed, our traditional news media are dying.

There are all kinds of reasons for that: the Internet, Google and Facebook and Craigslist, bad business decisions, whatever. We can debate the causes ad nauseum. But the fact is that the media, as we knew it, is disappearing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Now that SNN is gone, I'd like to celebrate by reposting the best editorial I've ever seen (it ran in the Calgary Sun at some point): http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14819.htm

In it, Micheal Coren argues that we should nuke Iran, because they're scary. Also, the Nazis? Not so bad after all.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

OSI bean dip posted:

Sun News was aimed at Sun readers which in itself are dwindling. That should say enough.

The Sun will keep existing as long as they give it away for free three days a week for people that take the bus to read.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
For some reason the download failed, but here's a list of Sun News clips I have grabbed so far:

code:
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  56709825 Oct 28 11:38 A grateful nation says thank you to Cpl. Nathan Cirillo-wEuACCHKtus.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 586276515 Aug 13  2014 Anti-Israel rallies spark violence across Canada-zdn4xA-vn3w.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 357899130 Feb  4 09:20 Anti-vaxxer's child endangers toddler's life-HS3wNBEFYE0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 410281586 Oct  2 23:49 A preacher's right to preach-MAKkBuxctg4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  46958662 Aug  4  2014 A real Canadian rally-qtKIag6AKa4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 447432003 Jan 28 10:09 Are there 'no-go zones' in France or not-6OZKMsu0DwQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  60485012 Jan  5 08:47 Babies crying on a plane - suck it up, adults-DPWtRoM0T7k.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 152079730 May 23  2014 Banning Christian lawyers-jHrWh76AZ-o.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   6677684 Sep  3 18:37 Battleground Alberta - PC Leadership vote-8DcK-8yqYA0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   2273586 Sep 18 11:54 Battleground New Brunswick - Live results Monday at 8pm AT-UnGMFWnqe00.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  86544125 Jan  9 02:30 Brian Lilley in for Glenn Beck-_bEyXXKUNbs.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 182437148 Jul 26  2014 Calgary for Israel-MGoP-UwhqSM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  84033439 Feb 10 08:53 Canadian Jihadi-PLZS0m2Es2w.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 109237093 Feb 10 08:55 Canadian Jihad - Part 3-DzvKbbkrqvc.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  83095607 Feb 10 09:05 Canadian Jihad - Part 4--l5KaZYhlnI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 101270344 Feb 12 07:14 Canadian Jihad - Part 5-uZEx8s9PGZ0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  70701110 Jan  8 07:49 Canadians stand with Charlie Hebdo-RIkms7BCF2I.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  67791777 Feb 28  2014 Can the free market fix Arizona anti-gay bill-wdzt7jprb5c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  91630722 Aug 20 20:06 Charges laid against anti-Israel rioters-Jylvnac1Kek.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  71908510 Jan  6 07:56 Communism isn't cool-A1ymNntvbf4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  78603988 Jan  6 07:56 Debunking CEO pay redistribution-_om7t5TljXE.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  95131397 Feb 10  2014 Debunking the bizarre American snow conspiracy-P651Qw4I6hY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  41085645 Sep 11 10:47 Dive team to return to site of Franklin discovery-Tb3wNfL3GgI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  70981945 Feb  4 07:47 Doctors forced to ignore conscience-HUDzOCMVHFw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 151777189 Feb  8 05:46 Doctors killing their patients-qqFj7IaGot0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  79233505 Nov 13 10:17 Don Cherry - straight up and personal-sXmJA2kLhpI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   3645037 Jun  8  2014 Down Wind-7bh2-7SlOzo.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  60903665 Jun  8  2014 Down Wind reveals truth of Ontario's green energy scam-8JyZrouQUcI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  49449795 Jan 22  2014 Elderly woman sentencted for refusing census-JRdxWxClBgk.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  52344279 Mar 10  2014 Everyone has a price - Olympic medal for sale on Kijiji-G97D0nx0zto.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  50446060 Sep 11 10:35 Explaining 9_11 to kids-atGiBtpbvUQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  21608373 Mar  9  2014 Ezra's fight for freedom update-3i-OQgLJIN4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   8160378 Mar 20  2014 Ezra visits Sun News online, do you-BpcA7bvoPPA.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  27345429 Mar 28  2014 Fighting Ellen with the 'sealfie'--xAEXKRCVpM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 508578112 Jul 15  2014 Fighting for freedom in Nanaimo-fHyqy5sQBLs.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 119399720 Dec 15 04:01 Fighting for free speech-VmSG3nr-6M0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 134603303 Jan 30 07:02 Fighting for TWU, and winning!-ieO-YyMFah4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  39657478 Jul 21  2014 Freedom BBQ coming to Nanaimo-FXDb3XVOt5c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  70993596 Dec 15 11:55 GamerGate vs radical feminists-1EiWU0hkze8.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  51016796 Jan  6 07:54 Golfing as the world burns-ZESHUdrNhOM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 143225916 Nov 15 11:59 Greater Essex County District School Board controversy-Gp9Vy4LTiJ4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 469000158 May 14  2014 Groundswell - the case for fracking-qXCUk0WTNuQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  11479080 Jun  4  2014 Help bring Honor Diaries to Canada-_yCe2No23_c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 126874416 Apr 19  2014 'I am a Ukrainian' star Yulia Marushevska on Sun News-1U36AVvuEh8.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  83388538 Jun 24  2014 Iraq in crisis-U5GxFK99Zxs.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  60278068 Jan 12 02:44 ISIS recruits Westerners for Jihad-o7MwAfaf0FI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 536201818 Oct 20 14:12 ISIS Rising - Dawn of a New Terror-rhOoQp030lY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  69208962 Jan  6 07:54 ISIS to Iraqi Christians - 'Convert or die'-TkYyT8JJaO0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  71215175 Jan 20 22:33 Is Saudi Arabia really our ally-XgRKm9bjOrg.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  73925730 Oct 10 06:15 Is using news footage in political ads a bad thing-w5z_KzWWgjo.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  82903378 Jan 27  2014 More guns, less crime-c99_C0qqnI4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  23593528 Feb 13 09:08 #MyHiroshima fights Neil Young on Twitter-_vFowLB4wNI.mp4.part
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  73503052 Jan  6 07:57 New threat facing cities - tobogganing-_ZVMixnMTMM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  24517881 May 27  2014 OFFICIAL TRAILER - Down Wind, a Sun News Network Documentary-BMajK24q99o.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  65437314 Nov 18 18:58 One-on-One with Grapes-U8QWHWlgLTE.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 156573839 Jan 12 04:59 One-on-one with radical Imam Anjem Choudary-A5toPPl5ZJQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  30081649 May 15  2014 Ontario mom denied LCBO service because son touched case-7vbPlZVd418.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 117349521 Jan  5 08:45 Ottawa shooting - mental illness or terrorism-c2ELQapwc1c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 352519159 Nov  4 11:38 Pat's big shave-uRzVnO6OG9c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 117581034 Jun 21  2014 PETA protest at Ottawa Ribfest-XGouCud2788.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 111394554 Sep 26 04:06 Political celebrities-hoPxxyr_tRs.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 234029072 Dec  8 06:30 Preston Manning calls for a carbon tax-9mvVGBWavbw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   7809997 Mar 31  2014 Prime Minister Stephen Harper on Byline with Brian Lilley-30eUFfuXRAg.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  96658301 Jan  5 08:43 Progressive distraction on prostitution-S1JTKjXKw0I.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 195872778 Aug 16 19:01 Pro-Israeli protesters attacked at a Calgary rally-F5tmyayJSC0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   7461269 May 27  2014 PROMO - Down Wind, a Sun News Network Documentary-RUDT3Sop9eI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  11958932 Jul  5  2014 PROMO - Ezra Levant goes to Nanaimo to fight for religious freedom-hcgP0NFPcsY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 122904952 Sep 13 18:22 Prostitution debate-8YTcx149a9g.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  82732818 Jan  5 08:49 Putin's real power - Gazprom-qexjsB6m7Ko.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  91271207 Feb 10 08:54 Radical Imams preaching in Canada-mVJbuZAmN3o.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  13181712 Jan 30  2014 RAW - Justin Bieber charged with assault in Toronto-6WQMXeCduR4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  76822196 Feb 10 11:47 RCMP missing radical warning signs-LRuYC-w3JLQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  79665729 Jan  6 07:49 RecallDanielle.ca picking up steam-HHUhxHYKugA.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 110346456 Mar 24  2014 Redford's arrogance is not gender specific-ams7RLwr6c0.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  76610693 Nov 16 05:52 Rejected over religion-wj5-vhPwte4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 236193890 Aug 11  2014 RiotStoppers.com-faqweA8gUyw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 118250235 Feb 25  2014 Showdown South America - Venezuela-Z_T1tMjReeY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 765212935 Aug  3  2014 Stop the riots - This is Canada, not Gaza!-kQ8KnoQ95XI.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   7546540 Jul 12  2014 Straight Shot Paris special this weekend-VhrgBNLNbwc.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  45799774 Feb 21  2014 Straight Shot - PGW Coyote .308-6ZRIdJGSk6c.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   2148477 Mar  9  2014 Straight Shot - The 2014 Shot Show-okpg6eVKjLo.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   1731390 Mar  3  2014 Sun News has full CPAC 2014 coverage-0FLoyY0mYWw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  38445121 Sep  8 14:00 Sun News Network is on the road in New Brunswick-ALZELwz7-4o.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 133462831 Jun  9  2014 Sun News Network will not share name of Moncton killer-DReZyhA6jNM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  72323429 Aug 30 18:41 Sun News' women blast the bossy ban-hfLU4oFnBXw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  15484481 Mar  9  2014 Support for Ezra fighting 'lawfare'-QGmsqMV_K5M.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  89318030 Jan  5 08:43 Supporting terrorism in the name of 'peace'-40gKJz326UM.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  69945133 Sep 14 19:57 Tarek's take on Anjem Choudary-VkefdZkP5mk.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  90199665 Apr 25  2014 The Beer Store's smear campaign-zB2ipes8DG4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 111376635 Jan 20 13:41 The buck stops where in Vancouver-UdNVBAMPBsg.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 161092247 Dec  5 22:56 The human right to travel the world-CaS65uc-TFY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 127999003 Jun 15  2014 The real bigots-9TYM1yrRvnU.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 448416221 Jun 27  2014 The shame of Nanaimo-uUaODful6vY.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]   7576660 Nov 20 07:52 This weekend on Sun News Network - Red Light, Green Light-9RNea_lZEpk.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 111549018 Jan  5 08:51 Top under-reported stories of 2014-WP2L1QVeVTQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 210073343 Oct  8 18:57 Trinity Western graduate attacked for being Christian-2-Zg-Bgq8co.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 157538754 Aug 16 18:08 Trying to translate Trudeau’s foreign policy-6dyzmds4Sjw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 135768968 Mar  9  2014 Ukraine asks the world for help-yL2fbaFUmvw.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 163981003 Feb 23  2014 Ukraine becomes a battlefield-V1E5HpiCYhA.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  98095846 Jan  6 23:53 Unions - Anyone but Harper!-QffYbCcCKW4.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 120578455 Oct 28 12:18 UNRWA goes to war-wyGjyIJxgsg.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  74427654 Mar  2  2014 Venezuela on the brink-UbvOwNBOKQc.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  58825320 Jan 28 07:33 Violent pro-Palestinian protester let off the hook-m4gw7OhTh-o.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  42414994 Mar 10  2014 WEB EXCLUSIVE - America's biggest Sun News fan-UZXIq0FIrAQ.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  62375711 May  8  2014 We want beer freedom!-_ps4siRbFus.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  97487921 Oct 10 06:12 Women fighting ISIS-yWK09R8TGfc.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  71994431 May 14  2014 Wynne's tax and spend plan to save the economy-jiOz9WyX3is.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me]  37728478 Oct  9 18:22 Yesvancouver.ca-KQWv7nD0S_M.mp4
-rw-rw-r--  1 [me] [me] 125607804 Apr 10  2014 Your Billion - the video every Ontarian needs to see-YwAqvUANxh8.mp4
Also, we'll miss more hilarious events such as these:

Their front page has been replaced but some of the links still work:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/

I really should stop dancing on its corpse but it's hard not to since Ezra Levant is involved.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

CBC posted:

Stephen Harper's chief spokesman is leaving the Prime Minister's Office seven months before the official start of the next federal election campaign, a source said Friday.

Jason MacDonald, the prime minister's director of communications, took on the job in September 2013, after the previous spokesman, Andrew MacDougall, left. MacDonald had been the director of communications to Aboriginal Affairs Minister Bernard Valcourt.

Rob Nicol, vice-president of corporate affairs at Canadian Tire, will take over from MacDonald. MacDonald will join the public relations and lobbying firm Hill & Knowlton.

The average lifespan of a chief spokesman for the prime minister is about 18 months. Rob Nicol will be Harper's ninth director of communications since Harper became prime minister. The others were:

Jason MacDonald
Andrew MacDougall
Angelo Persichilli
Dimitri Soudas
John Williamson
Kory Teneycke
Sandra Buckler
William Stairs
These guys just keep dropping like flies. I wonder how big of an rear end in a top hat Harper is to work for.

e:
I wonder if Kinsella has ever wondered why a network dedicated to discrediting liberal ideology is so eager to have him on their panels as The Voice of the Left.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

I wonder if Kinsella has ever wondered why a network dedicated to discrediting liberal ideology is so eager to have him on their panels as The Voice of the Left.

Be careful there fella, you're only about one or two words away from getting sued for libel.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

colonel_korn posted:

These guys just keep dropping like flies. I wonder how big of an rear end in a top hat Harper is to work for.

Worth revisiting that according to Tom Flanagan, Harper's main means of communicating was screaming temper tantrum.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Worth revisiting that according to Tom Flanagan, Harper's main means of communicating was screaming temper tantrum.

Also that he had a number of bipolar tendencies.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Joe Warmington, leaving Sun News studios on the final day with an Ezra Levant bobblehead.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Note exactly how I looked when i found out about eve Adams.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I was thinking more of the sad Charlie Brown music, a la Arrested Development.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

"I've made a huge mistake." Harper, Trudeau, and Mulcair, all at the same time in different parts of the country.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

PT6A posted:

I was thinking more of the sad Charlie Brown music, a la Arrested Development.

Did you not watch season 4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

What's so funny about this?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Yes, but over the course of two days so I don't remember as much as the original seasons, which I've watched like 10 times each. I had forgotten about that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Violet_Sky posted:

What's so funny about this?

Sun News didn't feel like filming a real citizenship ceremony so they staged a fake one with the help of some bureaucrats. Then Jason Kenney blamed his department's staff for it while refusing to apologize.

• Locked thread