Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Plafop posted:

They had to choose between democracy

no, lol. that was never on the table and absolutely every Iraqi knew it.
That's a common lie that americans, europeans, and other similar soul-less monsters internalize to let themselves sleep at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
wasn't al-Maliki in more or less constant consultation with GWB? If so I think I know where to attribute the failure.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Do It Once Right posted:

no, lol. that was never on the table and absolutely every Iraqi knew it.
That's a common lie that americans, europeans, and other similar soul-less monsters internalize to let themselves sleep at night.

Got a source for that claim?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Plafop posted:

Americans supported the war when it was voted on, and it passed the house and senate easily with majority support from just democrats

Thats false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_R...full_resolution

House:
Republicans: 215 Yea 6 Nay. (97% in favor)
Democrats: 82 Yea 126 Nay. (39% in favor)

Senate:
Republicans: 48 Yea 1 Nay (98% in favor)
Democrats: 29 Yea 21 Nay (58% in favor)

Grand Total:
Republicans: 263/270 or 97%.
Democrats: 111/258 or 43%.

Its a page out of 1984. Keep repeating a lie and people will believe it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

just a public service announcement that plafop thinks slavs are failures, traced back to interbreeding with The Orientals - and that aborginals should only have rights in the same way that we protect apes or chimpanzees

you have been warned if you continue engaging with that

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Does anyone know how the Iraqi kurds are doing; Do they even exist anymore?

Tell me about the kurds people i want to know about the kurds.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Edit: dumb poster posts dumb in GBS

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 17, 2015

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

just a public service announcement that plafop thinks slavs are failures, traced back to interbreeding with The Orientals - and that aborginals should only have rights in the same way that we protect apes or chimpanzees

hahaha. Thanks for the heads up.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Jst0rm posted:

Thats false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_R...full_resolution

House:
Republicans: 215 Yea 6 Nay. (97% in favor)
Democrats: 82 Yea 126 Nay. (39% in favor)

Senate:
Republicans: 48 Yea 1 Nay (98% in favor)
Democrats: 29 Yea 21 Nay (58% in favor)

Grand Total:
Republicans: 263/270 or 97%.
Democrats: 111/258 or 43%.

Its a page out of 1984. Keep repeating a lie and people will believe it.

My mistake, I was thinking of only the Senate. Still, 43% is nothing to sneeze at. That's about as bipartisan as it gets in Washington.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Digital Fingers posted:

Does anyone know how the Iraqi kurds are doing; Do they even exist anymore?

Tell me about the kurds people i want to know about the kurds.

They are literally begging America to send troops there or to at least bomb. They love America more than Americans do and love Bush especially for liberating them from Hussein.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

he's pretty laughable, true, but then again no matter how much you care about global politics it won't change anything

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

he's pretty laughable, true, but then again no matter how much you care about global politics it won't change anything

people care about music, culture, movies, politics, and enjoy discussing these things with other people

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

gnarlyhotep posted:

yeah. i almost respect a man for having those convictions.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Plafop posted:

Americans supported the war when it was voted on, and it passed the house and senate easily with majority support from just democrats

Preach it, Plafop!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Plafop posted:

My mistake, I was thinking of only the Senate. Still, 43% is nothing to sneeze at. That's about as bipartisan as it gets in Washington.

its not the 97% in favor that the republicans had. I know what party I would put my money on when it comes to actually running things. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to have a intelligent conservative party in this country.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Preach it, Plafop!

he admitted when he was wrong so like that was p cool.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Obviously invading Iraq could have gone a lot smoother, but you better believe it was a good idea because holy poo poo have you seen these ISIS motherfuckers? Good thing we got a concrete deathstar full of mcdonalds in the desert because its just become very, very necessary

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
haha rome never fell ot islam what a buch of goddamn chumps these guys are

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

What difference would that make?

None just wish they'd come out and say it.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Mr. Darsie posted:

has gnarlyhotep posted that he doesn't care for politics yet

gnarlyhotep posted:

no matter how much you care about global politics it won't change anything

Whoop there it is!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

people care about music, culture, movies, politics, and enjoy discussing these things with other people

and then there are people who think getting mad about politics accomplishes something

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

then they should explicitly state that the reason is control of resources, rather than huffing and puffing about human rights while fellating the saudi monarchy

the most naive thing you have ever said or thought?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

gnarlyhotep posted:

and then there are people who think getting mad about politics accomplishes something

I'm just so tolerant that I can't help but get angry and aggressively disagree with someone who thinks small government is a good idea

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

Who's mad?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if the libertarian utopia really came about, i'd be the first one forming up anti libertarian death squads

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"my libertarian uncle died in the Great Wars of 2047 just so shitheads like you could murder libertarians like me in broad daylight, THTA'S sacrifice!!"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

that could be said about any interest or belief about anything. even in real life most of what you say isnt a decision making process. people talk about poo poo they cant control all the time, at work, in families, about whatever possible thing you can think of. maybe its venting, maybe you cant control it, so what, people like to talk about things they still care about

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

I'm just so tolerant that I can't help but get angry and aggressively disagree with someone who thinks small government is a good idea

whatever works for you, the government is going to suck no matter what

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
My girl's in Qatar this week and says they won't serve her beer at her hotel 'til 5pm. Is this 'cause ISIS?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

nomadologique posted:

if the libertarian utopia really came about, i'd be the first one forming up anti libertarian death squads

I'd prefer we form gayafication camps and force them all to live in them.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

muslims have a VERY STRICT bedtime

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

gnarlyhotep posted:

don't you see i'm part of the progressive party that accepts everyone as friends except those that disagree with me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

so does music, movies, reddit, foreign cultures, work, life

if you are annoyed by discussing stuff that is going to suck no matter what then you will be annoyed by 90% of gbs

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

gnarlyhotep posted:

the government is going to suck no matter what

hmm sounds to me like you're engaging in a political discussion on the Internet hmm hmm HMMMMMM

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i am cumming...

too hard...!!!

it's like...

MY BODY...

IS GOING TO BE TORN APART!!!!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

one might even say that this website is about... awful... things? some awful things

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

you will be annoyed by 90% of gbs

i can't even imagine

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

brizna posted:

hmm sounds to me like you're engaging in a political discussion on the Internet hmm hmm HMMMMMM

good point, it's not worth getting involved

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

brizna posted:

i prefer to discuss such things with anonymous strangers. politics and religion are not polite conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

holy poo poo gnarly do you feel the SAEM of the cul de sac of words you find yourself in?

disgusting

• Locked thread