Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

qualifications:
-has google alert set for own name
-dozens of posts on internet forums defending past projects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
*creates an RPG Maker game with the RTP and default everything*

it's not just an RPG... it's an experience, a tale of love and death, of the human condition

the human condition of AIDS

*creates a GameMaker game using one of the default projects and a new title slapped on*

it's not just a ball bouncing demo... it's an experience, a tale of epic battles and sorcery

the Silicon Sorcery

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Contra Duck posted:

I've written a page and a half of lore for this game, am I qualified to be the project manager?

You can write a bunch of meaningless drivel that nobody will ever read so... yes.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

did you guys know that approx two dozen rpg maker games get added to steam every day? i have created a flash short about this issue. please sign my petition.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

MUST PROVIDE: at least three renders of an AK-47, texturing and animation not necessary

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Arian_Samurai posted:

A good project manager will know when to throw someone under the bus, and the best moment to take credit for someone else's work.

don't forget ensuring the coffee supply stays uninterrupted

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what's that old goon game project where the only tangible evidence of its development was like a really really poorly drawn (with pen/pencil on white paper) visage of the main character who is sort of a roguish figure? He kinda reminded me of gambit from x-men I think the drawing featured playing cards or something. anybody have a clue what I'm talking about? it's from a long time ago now... my memory is really hazy sorry I don't remember more than that

i wanna say the character's name was johnny maybe??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

thathonkey posted:

what's that old goon game project where the only tangible evidence of its development was like a really really poorly drawn (with pen/pencil on white paper) visage of the main character who is sort of a roguish figure? He kinda reminded me of gambit from x-men I think the drawing featured playing cards or something. anybody have a clue what I'm talking about? it's from a long time ago now... my memory is really hazy sorry I don't remember more than that
Ah yes. An epic yarn of cogworks and timefoolery...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BKPR posted:

did you guys know that approx two dozen rpg maker games get added to steam every day? i have created a flash short about this issue. please sign my petition.

I haven't played a single game made with that because I see screenshots and immediately realize what it was made with and my soul becomes a filthy pallid malaise and I forget the word "fun" means.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

realtalk, if things turn out right i might have a technical credit on a cool rpgmaker game. if so i will come back and edit all my previous posts.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

BKPR posted:

cool rpgmaker game

oxymoron

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
found it -

it was called zybourne clock :laffo:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

thathonkey posted:

found it -

it was called zybourne clock :laffo:

that man is in fallout new vegas, which is great because some 3d modelling dude's lunch break produced more real tangible content than anyone involved with zybourne.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We will not deliver all features we promised, but our shrunken team lead by a kickstarter backer who entered the project as an intern a year ago will try their best to produce the best game imaginable with the resources we have.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JebanyPedal posted:

I haven't played a single game made with that because I see screenshots and immediately realize what it was made with and my soul becomes a filthy pallid malaise and I forget the word "fun" means.

Counterpoint: Barkley shut up and jam gaiden

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Counterpoint: Barkley shut up and jam gaiden

That was a gamemaker game

*has a google+ and adds an asset creator to my circle*
*my youtube comments also post to google+*
*people I have in my circles can see skeevy comments I make on anime videos*

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Are there any RPG Maker/Game Maker games worth playing? I mean I wouldn't pay for any of them but I honestly wouldn't mind playing a good final fantasy/dragon warrior like game if it had an interesting battle/class system.

edit: I still need to play Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

we're making a twin stick shooter where try to get the highest score you can without dying, and powerups randomly appear while you play. so it's also a roguelike.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Are there any RPG Maker games worth playing?

Uh, Star Stealing Prince was pretty neato iirc despite heavy usage of mack tiles and the default battle system but dressed up. It plays basically like a decent JRPG if that's the fix you want.

The only issues I have with it are largely the artwork (it's not great but the sprites are good) and the music (it's largely .mid files or mp3s of poo poo from other stuff)

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Parallax Scroll posted:

we're making a twin stick shooter where try to get the highest score you can without dying, and powerups randomly appear while you play. so it's also a roguelike.

aww i actually like nuclear throne :(

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

our game will have pixel graphics and film grain

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Our game is getting a good buzz from all potential demographics

*His one blog post to Gamasutra got a reply*

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Are there any RPG Maker/Game Maker games worth playing? I mean I wouldn't pay for any of them but I honestly wouldn't mind playing a good final fantasy/dragon warrior like game if it had an interesting battle/class system.

edit: I still need to play Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden.

RPG Maker: Space Funeral
Game Maker: Hotline Miami

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

indie games bad

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

memy posted:

Wait seriously?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
*Main character concept art shows various thin anime versions*

*Main character ends up as recolored Final Fantasy sprite*

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

memy posted:

RPG Maker: Space Funeral

Did anybody make a complete video Let's Play about Space Funeral? A while back I've found several people who started one, but none did finish it. I badly want the see the ending!

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Did anybody make a complete video Let's Play about Space Funeral? A while back I've found several people who started one, but none did finish it. I badly want the see the ending!

Just play it

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Onkel Hedwig posted:

It's a really easy and short game. It's also completely free. So.... there isn't really any reason to not just play it yourself?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

Wait seriously?

one of the devs goes by "cactus" and hes been making weird game maker games for years

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

As other people said, it's short and you can play it yourself. But SA's own supergreatfriend did a stream LP of that is now on youtube.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

*makes incredibly poorly written and vague game with bad graphics and music*

you just don't get it it's EXPERIMENTAL

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
*makes incredibly well written and good game with great graphics and music*

*never mentions fellow collaborators again, takes full credit for game*

Adbot