Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

i sat next to that guy at bola i hate him

Roderick Strong kicked Clark Duke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MagicCube posted:

So I know there are a few people from Toronto around here. Have any of you been to Smash? Apparently a bunch of their upcoming shows are going to be about 5 minutes from my place and I'm thinking of going. I don't know too much about them, but it looks like they get some pretty good talent. Hero/Ciampa should be pretty brutal.

I've been to 3 Smash shows, they were a ton of fun. Their planning can be hit-or-miss though, I've had trouble with 1) lines being wayyy too long for one event and 2) their venue being double booked or something so they had to figure out where to set up at the last minute.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

Zack's Back

so is Andrew Everett

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

so is Andrew Everett

AAAAAAAAAA!!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dont know him

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the indies are passing me by..the turnover of talent..the new boys..

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

i dont know him

you should check out mystery vortex 2 if you haven't yet jape, he's in a pretty fun opener against cedric alexander and trevor lee. he got injured pretty bad not too long after so he hasn't really been around since

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's a high flyer. He did a couple ROH dates last year that were a lot of fun and he was in the 3-way at Mystery Vortex 2 that also brought Trevor Lee and Cedric Alexander into the company. Those guys got a big rep boost from the match but Everett was injured like right after it happened so he's been on the shelf for a while.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah he tore up his knee in between Mystery Vortex II and Sold Our Soul for Rock N' Roll, he was originally supposed to be in the six-man with Trevor Lee and Cedric Alexander against Kevin Steen and the Bucks, but Johnny Gargano ended up taking his spot instead. He's also crazy young like Trevor but a really, really good high flier already. I'm pumped for him to be back because that's a bunch more fresh singles matchups for PWG.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wish they would book Adam Page. He's really good when he's allowed to work a normal match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wish they would book Adam Page. He's really good when he's allowed to work a normal match.

I bet if one of their regulars from ROH like Ciampa or Cedric got in Super Dragon's ear about Page he'd consider it. There'll probably be a few debuts at BOLA just to fill out the bracket.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Gabe just added a few more matches to WWN's Mania weekend shows. Biff vs. Tommy End on Thursday, Hero vs. Biff and End vs. Timothy Thatcher on Friday, and Hero vs. Thatcher on Saturday. I'm planning on going to Saturday's show at least, it'll be cool to see Thatcher in person for the first time and Hero should be a fun matchup for him.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

oatgan posted:

Zack's Back

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWG just announced a show for April 3rd, featuring the return of one Zack Sabre Motherfucking Junior.

Eat poo poo oatgan

Joey McChrist posted:

thank you god

e; beaten but who cares ZACK SABRE JR IS BACK

e e; also i've finally watched black cole sun and its pretty drat good. watch PWG.

This is the best news to wake up to!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the Young Bucks are doing an elusive triple-shot in March

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I was excited for that 3/6 show but Young Bucks vs. Harlem Heat is not going to happen.

No Bucks the next month, but posters with Maria and not Bennett are always funny.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

epitasis posted:

the Young Bucks are doing an elusive triple-shot in March

Oh man I'm going to the HOH show. Can't wait to see what gassed Bucks are like. Do they even get tired? Can they?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Under the vegetable posted:

Oh man I'm going to the HOH show. Can't wait to see what gassed Bucks are like. Do they even get tired? Can they?

They might not even be working a match at the ROH TV taping for all we know.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Under the vegetable posted:

they're fueled by superkicks and the tears of old wrestlers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Bucks are extremely powerful and can do anything

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Bucks are just Beau James' talent having escaped his bloated body sometime in the mid 80s

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If anyone can no-sell having to work three matches in three states in one day, it's the Bucks.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

you should check out mystery vortex 2 if you haven't yet jape, he's in a pretty fun opener against cedric alexander and trevor lee. he got injured pretty bad not too long after so he hasn't really been around since

That was Trevor and Andrew's PWG debut. CWF Mid-Atlantic is their home promotion, and here they are in a two out three falls match that goes for over an hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7k90BC5ok

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Everett actually went over in that three-way match too, makes me wonder if he'd have gotten the Trevor Lee push if he hadn't gotten hurt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Bucks are just Beau James' talent having escaped his bloated body sometime in the mid 80s

careful, Beau James reads what people say on internet(when Misty lets him use the computer).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Smash Wrestling spent the weekend hyping up a big announcement... turns out they're bringing in Davey Richards.

I'm sure some people are stoked, but I'll pass.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I bought front row tickets to the AIW show in April. They're bringing in Mickie James and the Young Bucks. I'm stoked.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Smash Wrestling spent the weekend hyping up a big announcement... turns out they're bringing in Davey Richards.

I feel weird about Davey. In the ring, he's good and with the right people to work with, he's awesome. Outside of the ring he's got that kind of libertarian rear end in a top hat attitude that makes me alternate between wanting to strangle him and high five him.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Joe vs. Cage please.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jubs posted:

Joe vs. Cage please.

Well I can't imagine he got booked for April 3rd in less than a day. Did the phone call already happen, or are you just stumping for it? :v:

Speaking of PWG, they just added Chris Hero vs. Tommy End to the April 3rd card (which I guess makes sense, since he's in the States already for Mania weekend stuff), but they didn't call it a debut for End. Did he work PWG sometime in the past before I started following it seriously? I remember being shocked to find out Shane Haste worked in PWG years before TMDK started blowing up in NOAH.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 18, 2015

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well I can't imagine he got booked for April 3rd in less than a day. Did the phone call already happen, or are you just stumping for it? :v:

Speaking of PWG, they just added Chris Hero vs. Tommy End to the April 3rd card (which I guess makes sense, since he's in the States already for Mania weekend stuff), but they didn't call it a debut for End. Did he work PWG sometime in the past before I started following it seriously? I remember being shocked to find out Shane Haste worked in PWG years before TMDK started blowing up in NOAH.

if I remember correctly, he's worked PWG one or two times on their past tour of Europe

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Disco Machine, Excalibur & Ronin vs. Tommy End, Tengkwa & Top Gun Talwar from PWG European Vacation 2006 - Germany

And Joe hasn't been booked. I just want to see Cage throw him around the ring.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What is the best place to find a local wrestling show? I am in North Carolina if that matters. We were flipping through channels at a friend's house and some indie wrestling was on (no idea what) was on and we all decided we would go to a show if it was near us. All I can find googling is some lovely out of date websites. Is there some central site monitoring all the local organizations I am too stupid to locate?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tommy End rules by the way. He is to roundhouse kicks what Chris Hero is to elbows

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

What is the best place to find a local wrestling show? I am in North Carolina if that matters. We were flipping through channels at a friend's house and some indie wrestling was on (no idea what) was on and we all decided we would go to a show if it was near us. All I can find googling is some lovely out of date websites. Is there some central site monitoring all the local organizations I am too stupid to locate?
No it's a disorganized mess. F4WOnline will post upcoming indie shows sometimes but I have no idea if that's on a set schedule or even labeled outside of the daily update.
If you're near Greensboro, check out CWF

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Ribsauce posted:

What is the best place to find a local wrestling show?

The only way I find out about local wrestling shows is on Facebook. I follow some local wrestlers and they promote whatever appearances they have, Toronto has a ton of small shows going on all the time with largely the same rosters.

So yeah it's not the easiest solution but it works for me!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Well that explains it, I've been working my way back through the catalog before I started watching but I'm not nearly that far yet. I didn't even realize End had been around for that long.

And I was just kidding about the Joe thing, I'm not trying to pump you for HOT SCOOPS or anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Try cagematch.net click Promotions and type in the name of your area and see if anything is listed. It's a German site and most of it is English translated, but you'll notice a few things like 'Amerika'.

E: quite a few hits for North Carolina, hopefully you'll find something active and decent. There appears to be the Matt Hardy owned OMEGA at the very least.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 18, 2015

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, there's a lot going on in NC. Trevor Lee's home promotion is in NC, High Spots runs shows out of NC (Queens of Combat in March). It's a good midway for the Philly/NY/NE people, the Ohio/Indiana contingent and the Tampa/Orlando crew, so thankfully some places are taking advantage of that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea PWX is pretty solid for a mid-tier indie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Same. Hopefully they can pony up for Joe if he comes available. I wanna see Joe vs Greed so much, just let Joe tour around fighting every fat indyman on the continent.

• Locked thread