Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
considering primoman's pregnant magical girl posting career, lets not say things we cant take back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
So wait

Why was that poster trying to figure out if those little girls can be knocked up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why would you ask that?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I bought all the rest of BBB, and that makes me the biggest fan of it in this forum

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Finally, real power and prestige.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm gonna make the thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wouldn't be surprised if you were the only one who actually even watched the trailer

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i watched it

it looked cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i wouldn't be surprised if you were the only one who actually even watched the trailer

im gonna be a trendsetter

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Same, seems rad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ill probably watch it because i used to be a hellboy fanboy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm gonna watch it, it looks fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite character in it is the anime mom biker with an eyepatch who shoots bullets of her own blood and also her blood makes lightning storms happen

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe it will get some traction if everyone shouts about how it's based on a manga by the Trigun guy.

There are people still stuck in the early 2000s!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't mean that as a diss to the show mind you, just that Trigun is one of those things that gets brought up as an example by people who liked anime from that time.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its rie matsumoto's first thing since she left toei for bones after kyousougiga, so it should be OK since they haven't managed to siphon off all her talent yet like they did to igarashi.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

her name is k.k.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Eyepatches are cool...

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think this'll be the show I watch because you two are watching it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That's probably not the best reason to watch something but it's lead to me watching some really cool shows!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

My list for now:
Eikoku Ikke, Nihon o Taberu
Etotama
Kiniro Mosaic
Hibike! Euphonium
Ninja Slayer From Animation
Ore Monogatari!!
Gintama (2015)
Kekkai Sensen
Plastic Memories

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

That's probably not the best reason to watch something but it's lead to me watching some really cool shows!

I think it's a comic that can really benefit from an adaption. The art and design and environments in it are all really cool, the establishing shots with busy city traffic living side by side with titanic demonic entities are incredible, but I think the action can get muddled and the timing of the humor doesn't work very well sometimes.

The trailer showed some really impressive animation work and the environments seem really good too, so at least on that front it shouldnt disappoint. I don't know if itll appeal widely in the end but the base idea of the story is pretty cool.

I hope mostly if anything they animate the entire playing hyperdimensional hell chess against the devil bit cause it's real cool and all that dialogue really ridiculous.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

Honestly the thing I've really noticed about Madoka influencing later anime are way more shallow. Like drill hair coming back into vogue.

Drill hair is the coolest

Sharkopath posted:

her name is k.k.
Picked up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

her name is k.k.

I am o.k. with k.k.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rodyle posted:

Uro has never been subtle about his love for the Rider. A number of those doodles he drew on the FZ scripts were rider jokes for example.

He wanted to make Waver and Rider the main characters of the book but then Nasu told him did you forget that you are writing a book about Shirou's dad???

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

HiveCommander posted:

Drill hair is the coolest

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

her name is k.k.

And voiced by Ai Orikasa! :allears:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know Rie Matsumoto had a show this season! And with a Bones budget this time. And it's got a stupid title like Blood Blockade Battlefront. I'm down.

Like I hope this is Bones testing her out on an adaptation before they give her an original show, they seem to like to do that. However, I think I'll enjoy this anyway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eej posted:

He wanted to make Waver and Rider the main characters of the book but then Nasu told him did you forget that you are writing a book about Shirou's dad???

Well I meant Kamen Rider but also that

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

New entry on the list:

Ameiro Cocoa/Rainy Cocoa
n/a, Tomomi Mochizuki - Comedy, Slice of Life
Due to various circumstances, college freshman Aoi Tokura begins part-timing at the café "Rainy Color" run by Shion Koga and owned by Kouji Amami. Attending the café are the cool and handsome Keiichi Iwase and the confident Ryouta Sakurai. Aoi's life gets a lot more hectic, but fun.

Gochiusa, but with boys?

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 19, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Huh, the manga for that is actually kinda translated and simulpublished, but only if you have a smartphone or ipad. And the anime is also gonna be simul-dubbed in English as well it seems? I'll probably give it a miss unless people really like it, but interesting all around anyways.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Is this old? I can't tell if it's old. I'll post it anyway, because it looks spiffy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4u3FEBwPs

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I only started casually watching anime again after burning out around 2007. I didn't have much hope for this season.

Digimon Adventure tri.
Narudoma
SNAFU 2

Maybe:
Shokugeki no Souma because cooking shows are historically kind of hit or miss with me.

I will watch High School DxD and the Geass films(?) someday, but that day has not come yet. The former because my backlog is too big still with things I'm more interested in, and the latter because with the exception of Evangelion I let all these series project films take the years they need to make before I just sit down and watch them all.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

darkgray posted:

Is this old? I can't tell if it's old. I'll post it anyway, because it looks spiffy.

I want to take that trailer seriously, but with all voices being from Gintama, I just can't.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

darkgray posted:

It's what we were talking about on the top of this page. Still pretty rad though.

Truga posted:

I want to take that trailer seriously, but with all voices being from Gintama, I just can't.
It's from the creator of Trigun, I doubt you should take it that seriously anyways.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

darkgray posted:

It's a clean version when before it was a real low quality camrip.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chain is the lady in the pantsuit, she says she's a werewolf but she has yet to do anything that's related to wolves at all, her power is being able to go invisible.

The white haired dude is Zap and he makes a sword of his blood and can set his blood on fire, after the fact. Hes a jerk but cool.

The big red hellboy dude is Klaus and he has a knuckle thing that summons giant swords or something? very mysterious, very smart, a cool guy

Stephen is the guy in the suit, he kicks stuff and can freeze things with his feetblood

The main dude has really good eyes but cant fight so hes the investigator guy mostly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol Apparently they're doing a new Aquarion thing for the '10th anniversary'.

Why.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

What are they gonna do, remake it again? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Sakurazuka posted:

lol Apparently they're doing a new Aquarion thing for the '10th anniversary'.

Why.

All this time these 10 years

Edit: forgot about EVOL. Make that three years

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 19, 2015

• Locked thread