Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
YAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Raise your hand if you want to murder the poo poo out of a very arrogant, tiny, on-fire god. Raise it high. Raise your other hand if you want to hit level 7.

Find out how it goes tonight, Thursday, Februrary 19th at 7 PM PST.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Hell yeah

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oh Avandra how I do

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

murder the poo poo out of a very arrogant, tiny, on-fire god.

This was done and it was pretty fun.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm loving that the first two fights after I became a fighter happened to have people who wanted to continuously walk past me.

Jeegan's level 7 power: Come and Get It!

Kaynorr: Last week you mentioned me picking magic items that were higher level to put on my wishlist, what's my limit? Anything below paragon tier?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My list doesn't have a limit: why should yours?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I don't really want to bother looking through really high level stuff if I'm not going to loot any of it for like 4 levels, basically.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Drago's taking Spark Form, because he isn't mobile enough.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

I'm loving that the first two fights after I became a fighter happened to have people who wanted to continuously walk past me.

You really became a fighter at an optimum time. I think I made one tactical error in that Indomitability should have tried the double move stunt in his very first round, before the stunlocking kicked in. But at least he made it to the shore and killed a few seela before taking a dagger between the eyes.

Flame112 posted:

Kaynorr: Last week you mentioned me picking magic items that were higher level to put on my wishlist, what's my limit? Anything below paragon tier?

Drops for the next adventure will be in the level 8 - level 14 range, so just make sure there is some stuff on your wish list in that area.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

You really became a fighter at an optimum time. I think I made one tactical error in that Indomitability should have tried the double move stunt in his very first round, before the stunlocking kicked in. But at least he made it to the shore and killed a few seela before taking a dagger between the eyes.

Drops for the next adventure will be in the level 8 - level 14 range, so just make sure there is some stuff on your wish list in that area.

To complete the stun lock I feel like I should of kept Spear of the inquisitor but OH WELL.

I've never reached paragon in 4th ed so I have no idea how to plan. Who can I ask for help?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Just pick the coolest sounding paragon path, unless all of its power look like garbage. That's my plan.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Story wise= I want Erik to be an immortal shard of Avandra.

Mechanics wise = Front line caster kind of like the fight with that fire bitch.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm seeing a 'Divine Orator' paragon path which seems pretty appropriate for Erik. And it looks like it's powers use INT for a lot of the secondary effects which he definitely has. If you can get on steam we can talk about stuff better, probably.

Edit: Oh there's literally a "Exemplar of Avandra" one.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Awesome! Later today I might be free. For now I will take the power of: 'INVOKE OOBEDIANCE'

Not sure if that is heresy.

edit: that invoker angel one seems pretty cool

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Zealous Demagogue looks really funny.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Here's the 4e CharOp board's guide to invokers. It won't make your build for you, but it should help narrow down the options

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3030106

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Flame112 posted:

Zealous Demagogue looks really funny.

what the gently caress

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
It's cool. Just make your defender or your owlbear take all the hits for you.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Here's the 4e CharOp board's guide to invokers. It won't make your build for you, but it should help narrow down the options

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3030106

I do not see eye to eye with these people and find them sometimes self contradicting.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Is an "Invulnerable Coat of Suldolphor" too good to ask for?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Is an "Invulnerable Coat of Suldolphor" too good to ask for?

Nah - resist 5 is nice in later heroic but it's by no means gamebreaking.

Speaking of magic items, consider this your reminder that the group (and by the group, I mean Jeegan & Erik) needs to decide on who gets custody of the Living Blade. It likes trees, helping fey creatures and killing trillith, and hates deforestation. It's powers are (in ascending level of concordance:
  • a standard daily power that adds to an existing attack, knocking the target prone and immobilizing you both for one round
  • resist 10 fire
  • a standard daily power that boosts the damage of an existing attack by 3[W] + Strength modifier, plus you can shift if your target tries to shift away on his turn

Failure to assign custody will result in Timbre splitting the blade in two, and giving you each something suitable for roasting marshmallows with.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I want it, but if you really want it I will give it up. I like the idea of Jeegan sort of stumbling into becoming this forest protector thing.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Failure to assign custody will result in Quentin heroically taking up the mantle, and giving you each something suitable for roasting marshmallows with.

ftfy, makes way more sense now.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Flame112 posted:

I want it, but if you really want it I will give it up. I like the idea of Jeegan sort of stumbling into becoming this forest protector thing.

It is less stumbling and more you wanting in IRL :v: But yea you can keep it since it would be weird for you to give it up story wise

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Hard to imagine that just four days ago, our heroes entered the Fire Forest of Innontendar with nothing more than a satchel full of magic flasks and the desire to GTFO. And now they've extinguished the blaze, killed a really petulant...something, and freed the seela from having to sing The Song That Never Ends. What will they do for an encore?

Finally finish the mission they left Gate Pass for, let's hope. The road to Seaquen is long, but hopefully the seaside city (and the Lyceum within it) will be a Shelter From The Storm as the winds of war blow across the southern seas. It all starts tonight Tuesday, February 24th, at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Yo, I had a fantastic night unlike you suckers.

After a long 10 hour shift I attempt to leave work at 8~ish, thats when I discovered my car battery died! I then had the privledge of waiting many moons (4ish hours) for CAA to show up thanks to our great Canadian weather.

Anyways what did I miss?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Partying with the Seela, travel montages and the first half of a swamp fight.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Partying with the Seela, travel montages and the first half of a swamp fight.

Did someone say "the second half of a swamp fight"? I think I heard it just before a giant crocodile tried to eat me. We're on for tonight Tuesday, March 3rd, at 7 PM PST.

Fun fact! Did you know that having a high Bluff skill opens up two useful maneuvers in combat? The first is a feint, which uses a minor action and can be done once per encounter. The character rolls Bluff versus his target's Insight, and if he is successful he gains combat advantage until the end of his current turn. The second is a distraction, which is also a minor action but can be used at-will. Distraction is also Bluff versus Insight, and if successful it creates an opportunity for the character to make an immediate Stealth versus Insight check to hide (assuming that there is concealment available).

Good things to keep in mind if, let's say, you're a rogue with a disturbingly high Stealth score and a habit of getting into trouble.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I thought you bluffed enemies into granting combat advantage but only to your allies or it was a standard action or something? I remember looking at that and deciding it wasn't as useful as it sounded, a long time ago. But I could definitely have been wrong.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

I thought you bluffed enemies into granting combat advantage but only to your allies or it was a standard action or something? I remember looking at that and deciding it wasn't as useful as it sounded, a long time ago. But I could definitely have been wrong.

I don't have my PHB in front of me right now but I'll look it up tonight. I was looking up some flanking stuff and happened to notice that entry when flipping through last night.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Here's what PHB1 Deluxe Edition says:

quote:

Bluff: Standard action in combat or part of a skill challenge.
✦Opposed Check: Bluff vs. Insight.
✦Gain Combat Advantage: Once per combat encounter, you can try to gain combat advantage against an adjacent enemy by feinting. As a standard action, make a Bluff check opposed by the enemy’s passive Insight check. If you succeed, you gain combat advantage against the enemy until the end of your next turn.
✦Create a Diversion to Hide: Once per combat encounter, you can create a diversion to hide. As a standard action, make a Bluff check opposed by the passive Insight check of any enemy that can see you. If you succeed, make a Stealth check opposed by the passive Perception check of any enemy present. If the Stealth check succeeds against an enemy, you are hidden from that enemy until the end of your turn or until you attack.

But it might have been errata'd because honestly spending your standard action to get combat advantage against a dude is pretty worthless. If anyone has the rules compendium they should post what that says

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Here's what PHB1 Deluxe Edition says:

But it might have been errata'd because honestly spending your standard action to get combat advantage against a dude is pretty worthless. If anyone has the rules compendium they should post what that says

I can see some utility if you're setting up a nova for next round. Feint with your suprise round action (if you're not a rogue), then get CA twice the next round with an Action Point. Not a game-changer, but it's always nice to see uses for the skill system in combat.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I shall be there

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
We did some talking after the session and Tog, Gharbad, and I all vaguely remember spending like 58 gold or something to buy a ritual, which we are all pretty sure was Comrade's Succor. So someone has that in their ritual book for sure.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Someone remind me to redo my wishlist before next time. Just bump this thread if I haven't posted this, I've got this thread followed.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Someone remind me to redo my wishlist before next time. Just bump this thread if I haven't posted this, I've got this thread followed.

Same.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
...gently caress.

I had a lot on my mind last night and completely forgot about the session. Sorry about that.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

We did some talking after the session and Tog, Gharbad, and I all vaguely remember spending like 58 gold or something to buy a ritual, which we are all pretty sure was Comrade's Succor. So someone has that in their ritual book for sure.

Sounds like more of a Nowhere schtick than Erik, so I'll add it into his ritual casting list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Updated Wish List for Drago:

Incisive Dagger (9)
Boots of Striding (9)
Antipathy Gloves (10)
Casque of Tactics (4)
Diamond Cincture (10)
Shard of Lightning (12 version for later)
Floating Lantern (3)
Ring of Giants (13)
Power Jewel (5)

Some Tempest Whetstones would be nice later (10)

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 5, 2015

• Locked thread