Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
So it sounds like what you wanna do is make the fattest, stupidest character possible then body swap nerds and beat the poo poo out of them with their own carefully crafted anime Original Characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If they do an update or sequel they need to let players have their custom OC dudes do the fusion dance or use the earrings for some super rad custom dude fusions. Or let you fuse with Goku or whoever too.

Let everyone fuse with everyone.

Make thousands of custom character models and voice sets just for this purpose do it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wjat's the scouter say about MY power level, oP?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kelp Plankton posted:

If they do an update or sequel they need to let players have their custom OC dudes do the fusion dance or use the earrings for some super rad custom dude fusions. Or let you fuse with Goku or whoever too.

Make thousands of custom character models and voice sets just for this purpose do it

Make fusion not war.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Kelp Plankton posted:

There was talk of adding different voice modulations to the game, to the point where it made it into a bunch of previews. Double voices, tremolo, etc. It has a decent chance of being DLC, I think.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

It's hard to say, but I got a boner. hth.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One thing I'd like to see is more giant bosses as DLC. Right now we have 4 Oozaru. I'd love to see Hirudegarn or Giant Janemba, especially the latter. I think with the combat system, Giant Janemba opening portals everywhere and throwing bombs with 3-5 people flying around trying to drop him would be awesome to play.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Contest Winner posted:

So it sounds like what you wanna do is make the fattest, stupidest character possible then body swap nerds and beat the poo poo out of them with their own carefully crafted anime Original Characters.

This is a legit strategy. It's already being done on streams and stuff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Firstborn posted:

This is a legit strategy. It's already being done on streams and stuff.

This is a good game

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

projecthalaxy posted:

One thing I'd like to see is more giant bosses as DLC. Right now we have 4 Oozaru. I'd love to see Hirudegarn or Giant Janemba, especially the latter. I think with the combat system, Giant Janemba opening portals everywhere and throwing bombs with 3-5 people flying around trying to drop him would be awesome to play.

That would be loving fantastic. There's potential for movie-related DLC, so I'm psyched for that. Janemba is an awesome villain.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Contest Winner posted:

You're forgetting the part where both your supers are Piccolo Sacrifices Himself and Ginyu Punches Himself In The Chest. And all your taunts are dead Yamcha.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Edit: penetrator I like your posting but I got owned by this emote on page 1 and I thought you'd like it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

PantsBandit posted:

Edit: penetrator I like your posting but I got owned by this emote on page 1 and I thought you'd like it.

:allears:

The Bee posted:

You're forgetting the part where both your supers are Piccolo Sacrifices Himself and Ginyu Punches Himself In The Chest. And all your taunts are dead Yamcha.

There's another troll Ultimate.. I think it's an Ultimate. You start dancing, and if the opponent is in melee range, they also start dancing. You recover quicker than them, though, so you can punch them after.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 20, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

PantsBandit posted:

:rip:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope the next game just brings in all of movie villains. Dr. Wheelo, Garlic Jr., Turles, Bio-Broly, and so on.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rhonne posted:

I hope the next game just brings in all of movie villains. Dr. Wheelo, Garlic Jr., Turles, Bio-Broly, and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x9t5RwI9I
(This was made with the CAC. There is both a Goku Wig, and Goku SSJ Wig.)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

:allears:

There's another troll Ultimate.. I think it's an Ultimate. You start dancing, and if the opponent is in melee range, they also start dancing. You recover quicker than them, though, so you can punch them after.

Oh my god, they seriously put the Bon Para Para dance in? This is amazing :allears:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Contest Winner posted:

Well poo poo, now I have to do this. Hate mail, here I come!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Other than items, are there any supers or Ultimates that heal your allies? I need to know so that Doctor Majin, MD can take the field.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

The Bee posted:

Oh my god, they seriously put the Bon Para Para dance in? This is amazing :allears:

I'm not super familiar with GT, so I had to go look it up. Yep, that's it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x9t5RwI9I
(This was made with the CAC. There is both a Goku Wig, and Goku SSJ Wig.)

That ended up linking me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWxRtn5-Yg&t=1065s

And yeah it's pretty obvious that #8 is the voice set everyone's going to use.

Are voice options segregated by species or is it just gender?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

projecthalaxy posted:

Other than items, are there any supers or Ultimates that heal your allies? I need to know so that Doctor Majin, MD can take the field.

None immediately come to mind, but you can heal your allies if/when they die.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Are voice options segregated by species or is it just gender?

Just gender. You can use the Nappa voice on a Freeza dude if you want. I put that video in the OP, but it's a hyperlink, so it may have been hard to see.

Voice #7 is also Taka, and I think Voice #9 is Yuri Lowenthal (aka Sasuke from Naruto). Voice #6 I forget his name, but he did the voice of Hugo in USF4.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 20, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344460/
Here's the steam page for the DLC. You can see a bunch of new moves, new characters, and even a Vegeta in his Golden Oozaru from when he was possessed by Baby/Bebi.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344460/
Here's the steam page for the DLC. You can see a bunch of new moves, new characters, and even a Vegeta in his Golden Oozaru from when he was possessed by Baby/Bebi.

I don't care if its just an elaborate custom and not an actual character, I'm gonna use Lunch all the drat time.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can you get the pink chinese clothes with KILL YOU on the back that the assassin guy from the original dragon ball wore.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Does this game have Vegeta's BADMAN shirt or Piccolo's outfit from the driver's license episode?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Haha, I haven't seen any of those yet. The world is just not ready for something so beautiful. You can re-color every clothing piece except for a few special/iconic outfits, so you could make your own garish pink get-up if you were so inclined.

I'd wager the PC version may see it as a mod eventually.

E: Oh, here's a strange thing, too. There's certain outfits that the characters wore... but are not available to the characters. The best example I can think of is Goku's Yardrat outfit is available to CACs, but suspiciously not used by Goku. You also get other stuff like Ox King, Dabura, 19, Gero, and Baba's outfits even though they aren't in the game.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 20, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think Super 17 is already in the game as a Dragon wish. It's weird there's so much spotlight on GT as opposed to the movies.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

WickedHate posted:

I think Super 17 is already in the game as a Dragon wish. It's weird there's so much spotlight on GT as opposed to the movies.

Not only him, but SSJ4 Gogeta, and Omega Shenron.

\/\/\/ Yeah, it's strange. Maybe they are saving it up for a "movie pack DLC". :v:

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 20, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

Not only him, but SSJ4 Gogeta, and Omega Shenron.

Yeah, all these guys before Cooler? Or even a lot of canon characters. It's weird.

It's still gonna rock, of course, the roster choices just strike me as strange.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

WickedHate posted:

And yet there's pretty much nothing from the original DB. No King Piccolo or Tao Pai. :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
They should have as many SS4 characters as possible because SS4 is super badass. SS4 Trunks, SS4 Mr Popo, SS4 Bulma IDGAF go hog wild.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, all these guys before Cooler? Or even a lot of canon characters. It's weird.

It's still gonna rock, of course, the roster choices just strike me as strange.

I don't mind the choices except Super 17, he just strikes me as a really odd one.

Honestly if I had to make any substitutions I'd swap Super 17 for Cooler, Larsberry and his palette swaps for Cui-type minions, and find some way to crowbar Chiaotzu, the other three Androids, and the other Frieza/Cell forms back in.

Although I guess an android-based DLC adding Gero as a mentor, robotic Create-a-Goku parts, and a Cell race would be pretty interesting.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there a demo for the PC version?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There currently is no demo, but there may be once it drops. Haven't heard anything about that.

As far as Raspberry and the other Freeza Soldier, they make for good fodder in the story mode, and all of their costumes are different skin color/patterns/armors, so they fill in a pretty good slot as chaff that you have to cut through. I think making them playable was just a matter of courtesy (like making Sabaimen playable in other DBZ games). It's kind of funny that they are included, but I don't think it was a priority select. They are fun to troll with, and shooting people with their little wrist gun is cool.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If your first OC isn't Majin Popo, you're doing it wrong

Contest Winner posted:

I still remember doing that trick to kids on the budokai unit at Best Buy :cheeky:

E: drat autocorrect

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 20, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If they add an Android race, I wonder if they'll let us make a Cell looking dude like in DB Heroes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Here's something kind of interesting if you are wondering about the DLC: it isn't on the disc.

The voices are, and Baby Vegeta's Golden Oozaru model is... but everything else isn't. It'll actually be DLC and not a (straight) money grab. :v:

Kind of refreshing.

E: Mr. Satan's hair is another wig in the game, by the way. If you want to take fashion tips from The Champ.

\/\/\/ I don't think you can get his 'stache. You can have a hipster goatee, and there's 2 other, uh, beard wigs though. One of them is Roshi's, which may not be immediately available in the NA version.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What about his moustache?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vtt8_gct24
I think this video will show the wigs. The other few facial hair options are under "Chin" on your CAC, iirc.

For the guy wanting DB characters: General Blue's entire outfit is in the game, as is that weird mummy dude from the tourney. Also Master Shen, Tao Pai Pai's brother. The weird crane hat and all.

E: There's also a few strange movie nods. Salza's armor is available for CAC, as is Salza Blade. Might be a few more in there.
E2: If you are buying a physical copy from a brick & mortar, a lot of places are breaking street date if you care to look around. The NA servers came up yesterday, so it'd be fully functional.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man over the past 2 days you've informed me I could make a midget female Saiyan who's BFFs with Mr Satan wearing General Blue's totally Nazi lookin uniform.

They need to hire you for PR.

• Locked thread