Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Watched the truck race until SRA got collected in wtf why you stopping mate wreck. Before that Waltrip was mentioning him pretty frequently. At least I think it was Waltrip. Hopefully the huge bonuses the Allegiant guys have been making will flow to the truck sponsorship so we can have goon supremacy in Camping World.

Also Kurt can focus on Indy Car now heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Was it an effeminate sounding man with a Southern accent? That's Waltrip. The other guy was Phil Parsons, who's been complimentary of SRA before.

Daytona's site is now not working right and their support chat function, which is supposed to be manned from 9 to 7 on Saturdays, is unmanned today. You know, because nobody will ever decide to buy Xfinity tickets on the internet on a race day.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope the proper voodoo magic happens that allows all of the TriStar cars to miss the XFinity race. Or at least Scott Lagasse.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Elephanthead posted:

Watched the truck race until SRA got collected in wtf why you stopping mate wreck. Before that Waltrip was mentioning him pretty frequently. At least I think it was Waltrip. Hopefully the huge bonuses the Allegiant guys have been making will flow to the truck sponsorship so we can have goon supremacy in Camping World.

Also Kurt can focus on Indy Car now heh.

Yeah it was Mikey. He was all over SRA's balls during that race.

If Kurt goes to Indy I might have to start watching again. Although I said I'd keep watching to watch Juan Pablo and watched about 10 laps of Indy last year, outside of the 500, so maybe The Outlaw isn't enough to draw me in either. Sorry Fuzzy.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ICS or any of its teams accepting Kurt with open arms at this point probably wouldn't make them look too good.

So I fully expect it to happen.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope the proper voodoo magic happens that allows all of the TriStar cars to miss the XFinity race. Or at least Scott Lagasse.

i am still shocked that he never caused a wreck last night

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, if you like things which are dumb, Xfinity qualifying is on FS1 now. e- Junyer almost got wrecked.

e2- They just wadded up about 7 cars. Kyle Busch is sarcastically applauding on pit road. :roflolmao:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 21, 2015

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:ramsay:

E: This system is bullshit.

E2: This smilie doesn't get enough usage around here.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 21, 2015

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Dumb qualifying for retards

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's exciting for the fans! And massively debilitating for the teams :thumbsup:

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Just give Derrike the win please

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I'm hoping Jr doesn't qualify just so this qualifying format is thrown out for plate tracks. loving over your most popular driver will probably set you straight.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's exciting for the fans! And massively debilitating for the teams :thumbsup:

the xfinity series is so healthy though, i don't see the problem

BMB5150 posted:

I'm hoping Jr doesn't qualify just so this qualifying format is thrown out for plate tracks. loving over your most popular driver will probably set you straight.

is this actually a possibility? if so, i agree.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Photobomb of the day:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cubey posted:

is this actually a possibility? if so, i agree.
The 88 has the owner's points from the 5, so I doubt it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mother Nature also thinks this format sucks. Despite a zero percent chance of rain, it is, in fact, raining.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you slackers aren't in irc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Photobomb of the day:

:vince:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pnut's place of employment spotted

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
We don't have Krystal in Indiana.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BMB5150 posted:

lol Jeff Green has priority for the PCP over Dale Jr so i hope he uses it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dammit. Looks like I'm getting cable again, seems to be a pain in the rear end to watch any of this live without it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elliott Sadler going for the company line, Mikey agrees. Can't ruffle any feathers boys!!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Elliott Sadler going for the company line, Mikey agrees. Can't ruffle any feathers boys!!!!

Paging Tony Stewart to Twitter to call them both out.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

The 88 has the owner's points from the 5, so I doubt it.

Yeah he does... well drat. Also Jayski is lazy and not labeling who has to qualify on speed.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

devmd01 posted:

Oh yes you do...:catdrugs:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I don't see Michael giving him a shot, unless Kurt takes some time away from the sport. I think he'll have a 5th car at Indy, but it'll be for someone else now.

Under different circumstances? I think he'd be making the move. He came extremely close in 2013 apparently prior to Gene Haas making him the offer apparently.

re: people not wanting to watch Indy in this thread? it's to be expected, different types of racing and all. I'm an NBA fan (because you know, LeBron's back), and there's a lot of people who wouldn't watch it in this thread. On the flipside? I can only casually watch hockey like 2-3 times a year, so I don't follow it as closely as i likely should. Different spokes for different folks. Don't see why there's anything to say sorry about ;).

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

von Manstein posted:

Just give Derrike the win please

I've got some bad news...

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't see Michael giving him a shot, unless Kurt takes some time away from the sport. I think he'll have a 5th car at Indy, but it'll be for someone else now.

Under different circumstances? I think he'd be making the move. He came extremely close in 2013 apparently prior to Gene Haas making him the offer apparently.

re: people not wanting to watch Indy in this thread? it's to be expected, different types of racing and all. I'm an NBA fan (because you know, LeBron's back), and there's a lot of people who wouldn't watch it in this thread. On the flipside? I can only casually watch hockey like 2-3 times a year, so I don't follow it as closely as i likely should. Different spokes for different folks. Don't see why there's anything to say sorry about ;).

Just joking with you dude.

This qualifying format sure is exciting for the fans! Nothing like watching cars go intentionally slow and make hardly any effort to get the pole because the odds of getting wrecked 2 hours before the race is ridiculously high. So loving stupid.

E: why the gently caress do these guys still comment on starting deep in the field like it is any kind of detriment at a plate track? Especially for a loving Hendrick car being driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr? Say what you want about the guy but he is actually pretty good at plate racing and can pretty much go from worst to first whenever he wants, especially against Busch series scrubs.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 21, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

bigbillystyle posted:

Just joking with you dude.

This qualifying format sure is exciting for the fans! Nothing like watching cars go intentionally slow and make hardly any effort to get the pole because the odds of getting wrecked 2 hours before the race is ridiculously high. So loving stupid.

E: why the gently caress do these guys still comment on starting deep in the field like it is any kind of detriment at a plate track? Especially for a loving Hendrick car being driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr? Say what you want about the guy but he is actually pretty good at plate racing and can pretty much go from worst to first whenever he wants, especially against Busch series scrubs.

I still don't understand the need to imitate what Indy and F1 has done. Especially on an oval.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

I still don't understand the need to imitate what Indy and F1 has done. Especially on an oval.

Because the qualifying format is fun and exciting... for the right reasons at all tracks except plate tracks where it's for all the wrong reasons. I like the format and gives a better reason to watch qualifying rather than single car runs. Just plate tracks need to shelve it. Also why not copy something that works well and adds excitement. You see the FedEx Cup and NHRA's countdown they saw the artificial creation to get excitement from the Chase and decided to adopt it. I can't fault them for trying to add excitement but we can bitch if it's dumb as hell.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

devmd01 posted:

Unfortunately. I always loved Krystal and now I have even more reason to.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FuzzySkinner posted:

I agree that imitating what indy car does is dumb

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

I always loved Krystal

i knew you were a furry

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cubey posted:

i knew you were a furry

I don't get it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cubey posted:

i knew you were a furry

I get the joke!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

You realize this is the NASCAR thread right?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

You realize this is the NASCAR thread right?

It is. That's the point.

-shrugs-. My name got brought up, and I was trying to just say I don't expect anyone here to like it. that's the beginning and end of it really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shhh no words just dreams now.

• Locked thread