Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Mechanicus Sectutor

Autosanguine Vitae Supplacement and subskin armor! :v: Get hard to hit and heal the damage we take quicker!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Implants are Good quality, and you can have any two on the list. She was a Magos in an archaetech ship, she has the good poo poo.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh, right, implants!

Calcus Logi and Vitae Supplacement should be quite awesome!

e: Wait, ANY, AND GOOD QUALITY!?

AUGUR ARRAY

e2: Vitae Supplacement is basically backup internal organs, in addition to healing ourselves slowly without the need for medical assistance, and the Augur Array will let us see everything around us, up to and INCLUDING Daemons (but filtering out the corrupting taint).

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 21, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mech-deacon x x x x
Technomancer x x
Explorator x x
Mechanicus Sectutor

Vitae Supplacement x x
Calculus Logi Implant x
Subskin Armor x
Augar Array x

Mech-deacon in the lead, implants all over the place.

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 21, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My dad, why are you so sold on the good quality Augur Array? It seems neat but the rerolls are only when we're using it, right?

EDIT: And for people who are thinking Autosanguine (like I was), I think that Vitae Supplacement includes Autosanguine, so it's basically just straight up better to get the Vitae Supplacement.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Arcturas posted:

My dad, why are you so sold on the good quality Augur Array? It seems neat but the rerolls are only when we're using it, right?

Because I like Ohone having a radar in her head. :shobon:

I'll say that Vitae Supplacements are better than Autosanguine, since they already get that benefit by default. Augur Array isn't all that great, but I like it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Changed my autosanguine to vitae supplacement since it gives you autosanguine in addition to the life saving junk :v:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Explorator

Calculus Logi
Cerebral Implants

Gather all of our cash and find somewhere to buy Vitae Supplacements.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 21, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Calaxian Maletek because we're pretty big on moderate heretek

Calculus Logi, Cerebral Implants

We can just buy an augur array, guys, they're common enough. Brain stuff, not so much.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 21, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If the implants we get are good craftsmanship, we should get Cerebral Implants. Good craftsmanship cerebral implants are nearly impossible to come across, and give huge bonuses to lore skills in particular and to anything based on intelligence in general. If we have the chance to get them, it would be stupid to pass it, it wont come again. Most of these implants we can buy later if we want to. These we cannot.

Regardless of quality, we should get a Calculus Logi Implant.

Waci fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 21, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My problem on implants is that: Cerebral Implants and the Augur Array seem like the best fit for Ohone's personality. She does a boatload of lore checks pretty quickly while interacting with people, and she's at a space where detecting demons and finding crap are pretty important. (Like, I assume an auspex would have been pretty handy for all of the times that we got lost underground, or in a blizzard, etc., etc.) But the vitae supplement would be really useful for staying alive and seems like a great long-term investment.

Damnit, Lowell, I want three implants, not two!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh, wow, changing vote from Vitae Supplacement to Cerebral Implants. They're awesome.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Also gently caress the subdermal armor :v:(Sorry Lowell for vote changes) oh my god Cerebral Implants are so good.

Arcturas posted:

My problem on implants is that: Cerebral Implants and the Augur Array seem like the best fit for Ohone's personality. She does a boatload of lore checks pretty quickly while interacting with people, and she's at a space where detecting demons and finding crap are pretty important. (Like, I assume an auspex would have been pretty handy for all of the times that we got lost underground, or in a blizzard, etc., etc.) But the vitae supplement would be really useful for staying alive and seems like a great long-term investment.

Damnit, Lowell, I want three implants, not two!

Augur arrays are cheap we can just buy them.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Vitae Supplements, as well as augur arrays, mechadendrites and so on, can be bought with money or favours from pretty much any mechanicus temple, in some cases probably including the magos on the Beast. Archeotech cerebral implants are too rare to be sold for just money literally anywhere.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Becoming smarter is always the best investment, because it makes you more capable at basically everything else, including becoming even smarter in the future.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Baleful Eye, Cerebral Implants

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Mech-deacon.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have no idea how much money we have, but i would be okay with taking only brain implants, and then buying something extra like Vitae Supplements.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Am I right in saying that Good Quality Cerebral Implants don't carry the stat penalty given by common level ones?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Oasx posted:

I have no idea how much money we have, but i would be okay with taking only brain implants, and then buying something extra like Vitae Supplements.
We personally doubled the Beast's supply contract here, I think we can afford to buy anything that's not seriously difficult to find. Double down on brain implants!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah lets just buy the auger arrays from our Magos buddy, get the cerebral implants!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

my dad posted:

Am I right in saying that Good Quality Cerebral Implants don't carry the stat penalty given by common level ones?

You are. There's no stat penalty with the good craftsmanship ones.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oasx posted:

You have more money then God. God owes you money.

As an aside, I should have you find implants more often, I don't see everyone get this excited that often :D

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Waci posted:

Vitae Supplements, as well as augur arrays, mechadendrites and so on, can be bought with money or favours from pretty much any mechanicus temple, in some cases probably including the magos on the Beast. Archeotech cerebral implants are too rare to be sold for just money literally anywhere.

Really?

Ah, then I'll finally cast my vote.

Cerebral Implants and Calculus Logi. But we should ask the Magos on the Beast to get us some good quality Augur Arrays and Vitae Supplacements when possible.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Cerebral Implant and Utility Mechadendrite. One for general mental skills and the other for general action skills.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Baleful Eye, Cerebral Implants

Okay double gently caress my entire vote +1 :v: I want a unique armor piercing eye laser and the unnaturally smart brain implants! :black101:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LowellDND posted:

You have more money then God. God owes you money.

As an aside, I should have you find implants more often, I don't see everyone get this excited that often :D

I picture Ohone gleefully giggling to herself as she's elbow-deep in the corpse of the Magos, pulling out one rare implant after another.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There Bias Two posted:

I picture Ohone gleefully giggling to herself as she's elbow-deep in the corpse of the Magos, pulling out one rare implant after another.

Ill write it if you want it :D

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Damnit, sorry about changing my vote so much.

Change Augur Array to Baleful Eye.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

LowellDND posted:

This is like christmas :D

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Waci posted:

If the implants we get are good craftsmanship, we should get Cerebral Implants. Good craftsmanship cerebral implants are nearly impossible to come across, and give huge bonuses to lore skills in particular and to anything based on intelligence in general. If we have the chance to get them, it would be stupid to pass it, it wont come again. Most of these implants we can buy later if we want to. These we cannot.

Regardless of quality, we should get a Calculus Logi Implant.

Yeah my vote is for the good and rare poo poo.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Im not counting till everyone is sure :colbert:

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack
I'm only voting for cerebral implants because I don't want something else edging this out! Though in the time it took me to write this spergy post people seem to be voting the way I'd like.

that wiki re: cerebral implants posted:

These grant the user the :siren::siren::siren:Unnatural Intelligence (2) Trait:siren::siren::siren: (see page 158) and a +20 bonus to Logic and Lore Tests, thanks to the superior mental capabilities he now enjoys.
The +20 bonus to logic and lore would make this worth it alone, but the unnatural intelligence trait is ridiculous Remember how the Ork PC in another recent CYOA could soak so much damage? Orcs get Unnatural Toughness, which doubles bonuses from that stat. Also, keeping track of that stuff was a major factor in making it unfun for the OP, but ignore that part

More info here: https://wh-40k.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/unnatural-characteristic but here are the highlights:
• During Opposed Characteristic Tests, on a success, the bonus multiplier is added to the degree of success.
• When taking a Skill Test based upon a Characteristic with the Unnatural trait, the base Difficulty of the Test is staged downwards one level for degree of multiplier past normal

What I think this means:
• Effectively doubles our intelligence stat??? This part I'm confused about. Someone that plays these games please weigh in.
• Anytime we succeed at an intelligence check, we add two degrees of success.
• Anytime we tie at an opposed intelligence check, unnatural intelligence is the tiebreaker.
• Anytime we face an intelligence check, its difficulty is reduced by 10 points.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The trouble with Baleful Eye is that we are currently trying to appear as a disgusting meat sack so we can better manipulate people, the eye kind of screws with that, if i understand it correctly. Then we might as well just ditch this flesh altogether.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Brownview posted:

I'm only voting for cerebral implants because I don't want something else edging this out! Though in the time it took me to write this spergy post people seem to be voting the way I'd like.

The +20 bonus to logic and lore would make this worth it alone, but the unnatural intelligence trait is ridiculous Remember how the Ork PC in another recent CYOA could soak so much damage? Orcs get Unnatural Toughness, which doubles bonuses from that stat. Also, keeping track of that stuff was a major factor in making it unfun for the OP, but ignore that part

More info here: https://wh-40k.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/unnatural-characteristic but here are the highlights:
• During Opposed Characteristic Tests, on a success, the bonus multiplier is added to the degree of success.
• When taking a Skill Test based upon a Characteristic with the Unnatural trait, the base Difficulty of the Test is staged downwards one level for degree of multiplier past normal

What I think this means:
• Effectively doubles our intelligence stat??? This part I'm confused about. Someone that plays these games please weigh in.
• Anytime we succeed at an intelligence check, we add two degrees of success.
• Anytime we tie at an opposed intelligence check, unnatural intelligence is the tiebreaker.
• Anytime we face an intelligence check, its difficulty is reduced by 10 points.

Yeah, I was actually surprised it did that :D I hadn't planned to give Unnat Int till later, but hey, its a dead Magi, she would have kewl poo poo. You leveled up in super saiyan, its all good :D

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oasx posted:

The trouble with Baleful Eye is that we are currently trying to appear as a disgusting meat sack so we can better manipulate people, the eye kind of screws with that, if i understand it correctly. Then we might as well just ditch this flesh altogether.

Hence why we should become a Secutor, a vote for secutor is a vote to turn Ohone into a battle mech!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Oasx posted:

Meatsacks have implants too! Plenty of ocular augmetics out there. Ours just can go pew pew too.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

Yeah, I was actually surprised it did that :D I hadn't planned to give Unnat Int till later, but hey, its a dead Magi, she would have kewl poo poo. You leveled up in super saiyan, its all good :D

I have a baaaaad feeling about this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cerebral Implants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."