Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I hope that his doesn't pass, but if it does, I really hope they call it the John Calipari Rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Since we always making fun of "Ndamakong Suh, all-time Big 10 lineman" I must note that SECN is currently showing a Kansas-Mizzou basketball game from 2009.

They have to remind the rest of the SEC that Mizzou was, at one time, good at basketball.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm looking forward to the day BTN bills a Nebraska-Penn State game from the 80s as a all-time great conference match and SECN does the same for Missouri-Texas A&M.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sash! posted:

I'm looking forward to the day BTN bills a Nebraska-Penn State game from the 80s as a all-time great conference match and SECN does the same for Missouri-Texas A&M.

I found this link.

http://btn.com/suggest-your-big-ten-greatest-game/

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Guess what's not on the list! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Nebraska_vs._Penn_State_football_game

Top ten match up, featuring the eventual national champion, and one of the few times Penn State got to be on the beneficial side of a call that completely hosed someone!

Obviously I suggested it.

Holy cow: "Nebraska had beaten Iowa and New Mexico State, while Penn State had defeated rivals Temple, Maryland and Rutgers." Look at that devastating Big Ten conference play so early in the season, for both teams! And division games at that!

Sash! fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 23, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Sash! posted:

Guess what's not on the list! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Nebraska_vs._Penn_State_football_game

Top ten match up, featuring the eventual national champion, and one of the few times Penn State got to be on the beneficial side of a call that completely hosed someone!

Obviously I suggested it.

Holy cow: "Nebraska had beaten Iowa and New Mexico State, while Penn State had defeated rivals Temple, Maryland and Rutgers." Look at that devastating Big Ten conference play so early in the season, for both teams! And division games at that!

Don't give Delaney any ideas on Temple, that would really corner the Philadelphia cable market.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Carl may join Bo in Youngstown, because of course

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/2/23/8089849/the-morning-carlstitutional

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
There's got to be a bad Pelini/Youngstown Organized Crime Family joke but I'm not the man to make it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I mean, there are like eight Pelini siblings from Youngstown. Tons of Stoops too.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Just thought this sorta odd: TTU's SBNation site, Viva the Matadors, was hit with a mass defection of writers. All of them, in fact. Decided to go launch a new blog off of the SBNation platform.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Just thought this sorta odd: TTU's SBNation site, Viva the Matadors, was hit with a mass defection of writers. All of them, in fact. Decided to go launch a new blog off of the SBNation platform.

Looks like they decided they could do better selling their own ads.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
SBNation has insane content demands and doesn't pay the team page guys worth a poo poo.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MourningView posted:

SBNation has insane content demands and doesn't pay the team page guys worth a poo poo.
Ah, the Huffington Post model.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/2/23/8090323/hatin-rear end-spurrier-sweeps-the-oscars

:allears:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
That was incredible. Don't ever leave us HAS

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

quote:

That locked box gag was so weak Baylor's scheduled it in 2018.

:laffo:

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

kayakyakr posted:

I read that blog often, seemed like the best place to get Tech news and such. I suppose they can quickly replace those guys with somebody else but I suspect that site won't be nearly as useful as it was before.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Goddamn that Florida quarterback burn owned hard

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Numlock posted:

I read that blog often, seemed like the best place to get Tech news and such. I suppose they can quickly replace those guys with somebody else but I suspect that site won't be nearly as useful as it was before.

Well you should head over to their new site. Seems it will be about the same without all of the SBNation noise that goes on.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Everything I hear from people is that Bradley to UCLA is just a few papers being signed from being official and should or could happen by the end of the week. Reportedly, we're going to make a move on someone to coach maybe special teams/tight ends. The first name I've heard from anyone credible is Phil Galiano who's currently at Rutgers.

I suppose I'd be okay with that, but bummed about losing Bradley.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

e: I'm an idiot

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 23, 2015

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

quote:

Big win for Florida State last night. The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance is the school motto, after all.
HAS is the best.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Dattserberg posted:

Steven A Smith to join College Gameday in some capacity according to Awful Announcing

Goddamnit. There goes the last good thing about ESPN.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Steven A Smith to join College Gameday in some capacity according to Awful Announcing

Well now I will definitely only be watching CGD for the picks right before the first set of games. Troll or not, he's annoying as gently caress.

e: vvv THANK GOD vvv

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 23, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dattserberg posted:

Isnt this just for College basketball?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Isnt this just for College basketball?

Yup, I jumped the gun. Please ignore my previous post.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Bullet loving dodged

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

HAS posted:

J.K. Simmons told everyone to call their daddy and yet Mark Richt hasn't even texted me yet.

:boom:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Everything I hear from people is that Bradley to UCLA is just a few papers being signed from being official and should or could happen by the end of the week.

ESPN's Pac-12 reporter says it's done per his :airquote:source:airquote:: https://twitter.com/Kevin_Gemmell/status/569979001898291200

Also the best part of Snoop Dogg's son signing with us is that now I have an excuse to post poo poo about Snoop Dogg. Like how he threw his son a Coming to America-themed birthday party last weekend: https://instagram.com/p/zbaBZ3v9NZ/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo

VDay fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 24, 2015

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

MourningView posted:

How insane are we talking here? Because the A&M blog gets maybe 2-4 posts per day in the offseason, usually by different guys.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A former New Mexico student has filed a Title IX suit against the school, alleging it dragged its feet in the investigation of her drugging and rape at the hands of football players

quote:

The woman underwent a sexual assault exam but was not tested for drugs. The university did not consider opening a Title IX investigation until April 23, more than a week later, after the woman asked for one in writing, the suit says.

The lawsuit claims that coach Bob Davie heard about the alleged sexual assault but did not immediately notify the university's Title IX coordinator. Gongbay was interviewed by police after he had met with members of the athletic department and "had time to prepare for his interview," according to the suit. And although the athletic department knew something had happened inside the BMW, that information wasn't promptly given to the police. By the time the BMW was searched, several weeks later, the car "had been sanitized clean," the lawsuit says.

:smith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bob Davie still running the Notre Dame playbook?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Everything I hear from people is that Bradley to UCLA is just a few papers being signed from being official and should or could happen by the end of the week. Reportedly, we're going to make a move on someone to coach maybe special teams/tight ends. The first name I've heard from anyone credible is Phil Galiano who's currently at Rutgers.

I suppose I'd be okay with that, but bummed about losing Bradley.

LOL, enjoy. He is incapable of doing anything besides being a crony for Schiano/Flood. You are hiring a rich man's Jay Paterno.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why go out and get a rich man's Jay Paterno when there's a perfectly good actual Jay Paterno just sitting around doing...whatever it is that he does.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

How bad must it feel when your team sucks and covers up rape? Good thing they swept that all under the rug, or they might not have eked out those wins over New Mexico State and UNLV on the way to a 4-8 season.

Also I don't know if Bob Davie had anything to do with this, but he's a piece of poo poo regardless. I don't know if he rubbed off on Notre Dame or it was the other way around.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 24, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Everyone I've ever met that was from New Mexico was a total weirdo, so I just assume New Mexico is full of weirdos trying to ward off UFO attacks with energy crystals.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Season 2 of Better Call Saul is shaping up to be a monster

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

Everyone I've ever met that was from New Mexico was a total weirdo, so I just assume New Mexico is full of weirdos trying to ward off UFO attacks with energy crystals.

They're not energy crystals, they're hatch chiles. And don't ask a New Mexican about it because they won't shut the hell up about hatch chiles.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN posted:

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan's policy for student football tickets now includes need-based discounts based on federal Pell Grant eligibility.

The athletic department says it's working with the office of financial aid to provide this option for students who meet Pell Grant criteria. Eligible students can receive season tickets for $100, instead of next season's regular student price of $175.

The need-based price reduction also applies to men's basketball ($200 to $120) and hockey ($150 to $90) for the 2015-16 academic year.

That's a new one on me. Are any other schools doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
To be fair, hatch chiles are really good.

• Locked thread