Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't like the Xenoverse opening. I will listen to this when I buy the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBpeyCNXl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That owns

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Ugggg holy poo poo this hub town sucks so hard. Why am I wasting time walking around talking to these chumps when I could be shooting laser beams at screamy men also shooting laser beams at me?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So you can learn how to shoot the laser beams. No self-teaching here.

Devil's Advocate
Nov 22, 2004
Honestly, what has the devil ever done to YOU?
So quick question, I don't think I missed this anywhere but when do you unlock the other character slots?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Holy poo poo Nappa doesn't gently caress around

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Is this available on PSN yet? I purchased it but it says it can't locate it anywheres and doesn't give me the option to DL it

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I think you need to buy the physical version for early release, otherwise you are locked in until Friday with us Steam PC users.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Is there anyway you can select the Japanese voice acting but have the English words?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

MotU posted:

Is this available on PSN yet? I purchased it but it says it can't locate it anywheres and doesn't give me the option to DL it

Should be, mine downloaded just fine. You can try restoring your licenses (its settings/psn) to see if that lets you download it. Coincidentally I had to do this to actually get my preorder bonus to show up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Devil's Advocate posted:

So quick question, I don't think I missed this anywhere but when do you unlock the other character slots?

Someone said its after you beat the main story quest.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Pros and cons of waiting for the PC version? I have a PS4 as well...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Redkist posted:

Pros and cons of waiting for the PC version? I have a PS4 as well...

Cheaper, potential modding, its a DBZ game for PC.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My cross region US store buying shenanigans worked, gonna gently caress some dudes up.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Is there anyway you can select the Japanese voice acting but have the English words?

I just looked in the options menu and yeah, voice options for the US PSN version at least are Japanese and English.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

MotU posted:

Try signing in to your psn through your desktop computer, check your recently added games. Xenoverse and the preorder thing should be there. Click them and then click on select download to your ps4. Thats how im getting it. Pretty stupid though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

polish sausage posted:

Try signing in to your psn through your desktop computer, check your recently added games. Xenoverse and the preorder thing should be there. Click them and then click on select download to your ps4. Thats how im getting it. Pretty stupid though.

I had to go into "library" on my PS4 to find and download the preload version.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I did the great ape mission, and I guess I finished it fast enough or something because at the end, it did the 'surprise, there's more after the listed bosses' thing and took me to an underground lake to fight a secret final boss

It was a frieza named Charles

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kild posted:

Cheaper, potential modding, its a DBZ game for PC.

The recommended specs for the PC version are pretty drat low too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Solomonic posted:

I did the great ape mission, and I guess I finished it fast enough or something because at the end, it did the 'surprise, there's more after the listed bosses' thing and took me to an underground lake to fight a secret final boss

It was a frieza named Charles

GOTY

The voice acting in this is terrible and I'm not sure why you'd want to swap them to Japanese since bad voices is the truest DBZ experience?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
How long does it take to unlock character slots?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

polish sausage posted:

Where the hell are my recently added games that is the worst loving site to navigate through

nvm found the goddamn thing

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Not that I can tell. Trunks and Goten think you are a jerk no matter what race you play as. You only really need to play the story mode once - you only start with 1 CAC slot, and you unlock them when you beat story mode - and then any other CAC you make will have all the parallel quests open to level up in and unlock goodies freely. And all attacks and outfits and stuff you have currently acquired.

I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if like Piccolo will be like "What the hell, a Namek?" or something. I kind of doubt it.

I'm so excited to see your guy's impressions of the story mode and alternate timeline. Saiyan Saga What-If Spoiler Nappa and Vegeta decide to turn Oozaru on your rear end.

Raditz just called me a pathetic earthling or w/e so there's at least different dialogue for different races.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I'm hyped for a dbz game. Why am I hyped for a dbz game?! :supaburn:

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I hope all the race specific dialogue for Majin people pre-Buu basically amounts to "No, seriously, what the gently caress am I looking at here"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't know what kind of weirdo name database they pulled for the randomly generated NPC's but it's very unique. I've found a blue Namek called Kenneth, a Saiyan called Quinton and a Frieza called Randy. Then a bunch of Gaelic names like Brennan and Bronwyn.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Hivac posted:

Does anyone know if the PS3 version is going to have a digital release? I've barely been able to find anything about the PS3 version it seems beyond "there is a PS3 version".

EU is getting one so I don't know why they wouldn't do one for the U.S too.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Here's hoping that Wolf Fang Fist combos into ranged attacks so I can have my special snowflake character who murders people with that and Frieza death beams.

Also how good is buff stacking, so using Kaioken x20 with Recoome's Ginyu pose for example?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Initial thoughts:

Could use some quality of life stuff for wandering around the city. There's no reason that I should have to run back to the little starting point after every parallel time quest other than to waste time, if I want to do a bunch in a row just let me do a bunch in a row. I'll wander around the city when I want to buy stuff, you don't need to make me run past the stores every time.

Captain Ginyu is in my body but Goku is still talking about needing to get his body back. What.

Subtitles are also full of typos, apparently they were too busy making an awesome game to spellcheck their poo poo

Frieza has like 5 health bars this fight is bullshit

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 24, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So what is the Day 1 Goon concensus on this one? Great game, or greatest game? I'm a lousy PC so I still have a couple days to live vicariously through you filthy console peasants.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Not that I can tell. Trunks and Goten think you are a jerk no matter what race you play as. You only really need to play the story mode once - you only start with 1 CAC slot, and you unlock them when you beat story mode - and then any other CAC you make will have all the parallel quests open to level up in and unlock goodies freely. And all attacks and outfits and stuff you have currently acquired.

I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if like Piccolo will be like "What the hell, a Namek?" or something. I kind of doubt it.

I'm so excited to see your guy's impressions of the story mode and alternate timeline. Saiyan Saga What-If Spoiler Nappa and Vegeta decide to turn Oozaru on your rear end.

I'm playing as a Frieza dude and everyone loving racist against me!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well there's a quick way to check if there's racial differences in dialogue.

What did Ginyu say when he took your body? He said my Majin was 'flabby'.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Well there's a quick way to check if there's racial differences in dialogue.

What did Ginyu say when he took your body? He said my Majin was 'flabby'.

There are definitely racial differences in dialogue but it's entirely cosmetic.

This Frieza battle is absolute bullshit. If you're lucky enough for him to kill Vegeta in the first phase you get to skip one of his arbitrary extra health bar reset stages which seems to be a bug more than anything intentional.

EDIT: And then out of nowhere I take him apart like a bitch without a single ally being knocked out or having to use a single item. Ok then.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 24, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm excited to hear there is racial specific dialogue. I wouldn't have necessarily expected that so it s a good bonus.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How is this as a game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha playing a Majin rules, if you're a small female you're just a rubbery jerk who bolts around everyone and smacks them from far away.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm excited to hear there is racial specific dialogue. I wouldn't have necessarily expected that so it s a good bonus.

It's almost always just "oh you're a <race> you cant possibly win" style dialogue in every instance I've come across but it's there, yeah. Maybe a Frieza or Majin would get more of a reaction since they're based on villains and an Earthling is just too vanilla.

ZenVulgarity posted:

How is this as a game

It owns. I just figured out how to get online and see other people's ridiculous Gokus and its as great as you'd expect it to be.

EDIT:

Found my first "Girl in underwear" goku less than 4 minutes into my first lobby.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 24, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm glad there's race specific dialogue. Cool.

I'd like to see your Gokus if you wanted to post a picture.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 24, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the game isn't perfect, there's flaws obviously, but if you're a DBZ fan this is basically one big love letter to the series done quite well. If you're the kind of person that hears 'you can take your OC saiyan warrior and fight Cell because Gohan can't handle Super Evil Cell Mode' and goes 'nifty', it's worth buying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's tons of Japanese gokus who are great but your starting goku is just a palette swap until you start getting lucky with the clothing drops in missions, and the game hasn't been unlocked long enough to see any really good parts drop yet I guess.

I'm currently just wearing the pre-order bonus gear to grind out the story mode because it's pretty good stat-wise.

"Will go do the time patrol?"

Sure Trunks, will go do the time patrol.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
How do you get the preorder gear, my Majin needs GLORIOUS CRYSTAL ARMOR

• Locked thread