Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Darko posted:

And Kyle easily rejects it.

Stupid loving work.. I couldn't hear that last bit of conversation.. All I heard was Selina shut Barbie down...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well I did not expect THAT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jesus loving Christ

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Darko posted:

And Kyle easily rejects it.

That made it not creepy.

Dammit, Brunt, totally go Jaime Lannister on Moody and take a hand!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Uhhhhhhh...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

"We're going to loving make the audience like Mooney, dammit!"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Option 3 seems bad.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Holy gently caress!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dalael posted:

Stupid loving work.. I couldn't hear that last bit of conversation.. All I heard was Selina shut Barbie down...

Barbara told Selina that he beauty could be a stronger weapon than guns or knives and Selina replied by asking her where that got her.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Haha ok I'm beginning to like the new "gently caress you" Fish Mooney.

Not giving a poo poo about Barbara still.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enjoy your infection!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Enjoy your infection!

She just showered, she's all clean now!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Enjoy your infection!

I think that's the least of her worries.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

muscles like this? posted:

Barbara told Selina that he beauty could be a stronger weapon than guns or knives and Selina replied by asking her where that got her.

Thanks dude!

Barbie 0 Selina 1

And holy gently caress, option 3 .... Now take her other eye and see how proud she still is.

Darko posted:

Never gonna happen.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Seems like the cops should have bagged that hood.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zero One posted:

Seems like the cops should have bagged that hood.

"The police in Gotham are incompetent or corrupt" is a major theme

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, we now have the board of Wayne Enterprises trying to oust Bruce?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

twistedmentat posted:

So, we now have the board of Wayne Enterprises trying to oust Bruce?
I don't think so. Alfred's stab-happy friend sold Bruce's notes for cash, but it looks like they don't think Bruce can do anything.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Sounded more like the friend thought Bruce was "just a kid, a good kid" and didn't deserve what the board wants to do to him.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Was that the bad guy from Deep Space Nine in the office scene with Moony?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
My wife asked why Fish didn't just attack the 1980s German pop rock band murses or the manager instead of removing her own eye and squishing it (a.k.a. Option Three), but I explained to her that those were options 7 - 9, and options 4 - 6 were so unlikely to be successful that she never even got to those options. So in the end, Option Three was the only viable course of action.

Holy poo poo, Option Three.

Fish's Option 3 line should probably be in the thread title.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

tarlibone posted:

Fish's Option 3 line should probably be in the thread title.

Gotham: Fish. Pop, Squish?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Poor Alfred :ohdear:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Darko posted:

Dalael posted:

Never gonna happen.

NEVER going to happen.

NEVER.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I guess I'm the only one who likes Fish Mooney. Channeling Ertha Kitt's Catwoman.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Slamhound posted:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Fish Mooney. Channeling Ertha Kitt's Catwoman.

That's the problem. Every time she's on screen I realize I could watch Eartha Kitt instead.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

SyRauk posted:

Was that the bad guy from Deep Space Nine in the office scene with Moony?

No, it's the blue guy from Enterprise.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

GoatSeeGuy posted:

No, it's the blue guy from Enterprise.

He was also the main spokesperson for the dominion. Weyoun or whatever. I think he also played that annoying bureaucrat ferengi.

I like Star Trek so what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

muscles like this? posted:

Haha, I was wondering if her theory about beauty trumping guns and knives was going through her head that time she decided to pop around to Falcone's house and ask him nicely to leave Jim alone, and then Selina pretty much just says,"For gently caress's sake woman your life is a mess and you're rooming with literal homeless children with a better grip on life than you, I'm not gonna take your advice."

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so who is actually head of Wayne Enterprises right now, is it actually Bruce or are other people on the board in charge and this is like a regent thing until he turns 18?

Comic book business management never made much sense to me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Man, Jeffrey Combs got real old real fast.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jada Pinkett is Fish Mooney who now has one eye.

Will Smith will be Deadshot who has one eye.

It's all coming together now.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
An eyepatch was really the only thing that could have made me like Fish so kudos to the writers for totally nailing that one, can't wait to see her next episode looking extra villainy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Outside of plot armor, I still don't understand why the guards/warden don't just kill Fish. She's completely in their power and all her little grandstanding powerplays only work because they stand there doing nothing while she does them. The "power" she holds over the others would fall apart in a few seconds if they killed her and just opened fire into the crowd of prisoners. Even if it didn't, they'd have just wiped out a group of hostile prisoners, to be replaced by docile ones who could be cowed.

When she dug her eye out to deny them the pair, surely all that did was remove the only value she DID have to them, now she's just a liability who they can't even harvest, more trouble alive than dead.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly just throw some of that gas the Russians used in that botched Opera house terrorist attack to disable them then chain them to the wall or something to starve off any more insolence.

I mean best case scenario for Fish's negotiations is that they still give people, they just do it in exchange for some minor poo poo. Her entire story line has just gotten incredibly bizarre, even for this show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerusalem posted:

Outside of plot armor, I still don't understand why the guards/warden don't just kill Fish.

She's got Will Smith plot armour

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Maybe Dollmaker will give her a new eye on the other side of her face... like a flounder. Then her nickname would make sense. :rimshot:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Slamhound posted:

This show only makes sense as a prequel to the Adam West show. Like, things slowly get campier and the colors increasingly garish as the illogic of it all drives everyone insane over the years. Donal Logue changes his name to O'Hara and it all comes together.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
The show would just be better if they dropped Fish and Barbara.

They are never going to drop Fish and Barbara, are they? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not up on my Batman backstories. Is Batgirl named after her mom or her dad's annoying ex-girlfriend?

• Locked thread