Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Frackie Robinson posted:

Season 2 of Better Call Saul is shaping up to be a monster

Not to derail too hard, but that show is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Sash! posted:

Jay Paterno just sitting around doing...whatever it is that he does.

Mostly smokin' dope, eatin' burgers and helping Mr. Lahey run the park

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Is Jake Rudock any good?

Apparently he may be Grad Transferring to Michigan.

E: Or Not?

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 24, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Is Jake Rudock any good?

He's probably the sixth best returning QB in the Big Ten depending on how highly you think of Tommy Armstrong. He's way better than Mitch Leidener though.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It's snowpocalypse in the south...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Scarf posted:

It's snowpocalypse in the south...

hello fellow upstate south carolina-er

Round 2 is supposed to happen tomorrow night :hfive:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Is Jake Rudock any good?

E: Or Not?

Not especially, but he's also not godawful or anything. He's like slightly below average. He's a smart kid (he's a biochem major who is probably going to med school after he graduates) and does everything the coaches ask of him, but he doesn't have the physical talent to be a good DI QB. Normally I'd be sad to see him go because he'd be a nice backup, but I'm actually kinda glad because it means Kirk will have to fully committ to Beathard, who has a way higher ceiling. It seemed like that was the way they were headed anyway (they put out a depth chart after the bowl game entirely so they could make it clear that Beathard was the starter going forward), but I don't know that Kirk would have ever fully bought in with Rudock hanging around. He really liked Jake, and he hates changing QBs. He was year late turning the offense over to Brad Banks, and he more or less threw a Pitt game in 08 for the sake of giving Jake Christensen one last chance to keep the job over Stanzi.

e: also this is not your grandparents facebook, no one gives a poo poo what the weather is like where you are.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 24, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ehud posted:

hello fellow upstate south carolina-er

Round 2 is supposed to happen tomorrow night :hfive:

I'm actually in Charleston (pics are from Clemson's facebook), unfortunately all we're getting down here is rain :\

(yet schools still closed today :shrug: )

I love the snow, but I'm glad we aren't getting the ice we had last year... The loving bridges here were shut down for a solid 3 days.

MourningView posted:

e: also this is not your grandparents facebook, no one gives a poo poo what the weather is like where you are.

That's why I included pictures of a football field. It's football related :v:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 24, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Not especially, but he's also not godawful or anything. He's like slightly below average. He's a smart kid (he's a biochem major who is probably going to med school after he graduates) and does everything the coaches ask of him, but he doesn't have the physical talent to be a good DI QB. Normally I'd be sad to see him go because he'd be a nice backup, but I'm actually kinda glad because it means Kirk will have to fully committ to Beathard, who has a way higher ceiling. It seemed like that was the way they were headed anyway (they put out a depth chart after the bowl game entirely so they could make it clear that Beathard was the starter going forward), but I don't know that Kirk would have ever fully bought in with Rudock hanging around. He really liked Jake, and he hates changing QBs. He was year late turning the offense over to Brad Banks, and he more or less threw a Pitt game in 08 for the sake of giving Jake Christensen one last chance to keep the job over Stanzi.

Thanks man. I won't be crushed one way or the other if he comes to Michigan or if he doesn't. He'd be better than Shane Morris.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Regnevelc posted:

Thanks man. I won't be crushed one way or the other if he comes to Michigan or if he doesn't. He'd be better than Shane Morris.

We've suddenly got like 5 QBs on the depth chart, even with Bellomy transferring to UTSA. Rudock might not even start of he does come.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The tigers look awesome here, you guys should get light snow more often.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The tigers look awesome here, you guys should get light snow more often.

Or some Gamecocks with white spraypaint. :v:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah he's a lot better than Morris has looked in limited time. I don't know that he'd definitely start but he'd certainly have a chance. As far as a one year caretaker while you wait for Harbaugh to find or develop his own guy you could probably do worse. He might be able to Alex Smith his way around Rudock's limitations too.

I think O'Korn might have been his backup for a year in high school, actually.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 24, 2015

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I love seeing Southern football stadiums covered in snow.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
And speaking of southern, apparently we now have somewhat of a redneck version of the War Eagle...

http://thetigernews.com/dabo-duck-makes-a-splash-at-clemson/

Dabo Duck, a lone mallard that has been residing in the reflecting pond in front of the library for the last few months has been somewhat adopted as a second, unofficial mascot for Clemson.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Regnevelc posted:

He'd be better than Shane Morris.

The most impressive of bars to pass.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also Olbermann just got suspended for repeatedly owning Penn State on Twitter.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Detroit_Dogg posted:

:frogon:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Anyone have screen caps?

edit: nm, found em http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/02/keith-olbermann-blasts-penn-state-students

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 24, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dude was carpet bombing PSU and getting into beef with students/alums

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I don't see where he was wrong?

E: Ahaha the people who say they aren't Penn State, but still do the 'We Are...'

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He's not, but it's really not the kind of poo poo he should be getting into online. Calling out THON probably didn't help either.

It's basically where he's right, but it's not really a battle worth fighting, especially on Twitter.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Elotana posted:

How insane are we talking here? Because the A&M blog gets maybe 2-4 posts per day in the offseason, usually by different guys.

ISU's doesn't even get that much in-season. Offseason, most days are just a daily links roundup.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
He mostly hurt himself by being all Keith Olbermann about it

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I think calling out the entire student body for charitable fundraising is a poo poo heel stupid thing to do.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

"Eh, this is really just a rhythmic slap on the wrist" lmao

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think calling out the entire student body for charitable fundraising is a poo poo heel stupid thing to do.

The entire student body of PSU is garbage.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah I agree. Like I get his beef with PSU, but using the fact that they raised money for charity as his excuse to attack them last night is stupid. Just ignore the charity thing if you want to attack PSU.

Also how can you be well known and not understand not to respond to individuals on twitter? Like just ignore that poo poo and turn off notifications. If he'd just said his usual anti-PSU stuff and then gone to bed it would pretty much be a non story.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Olbermann comes across really poorly in that exchange. I understand why people don't like Penn State athletics and the alumni support that goes along with it, but he called somebody out who was excited about the school raising 13 million dollars for kids battling pediatric cancer :psyberger:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He seems to be thinking that the students want to believe THON fundraising puts them back in good graces from the child rape. I can see what he's getting at, but man, just let them be two separate things.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Groucho Marxist posted:

He mostly hurt himself by being all Keith Olbermann about it

Being right in the most obnoxious, destructive, and counterproductive way possible is pretty much his whole deal. And I'm not even sure he was right here in regards to most of those people, he was just being a giant self-rightous rear end in a top hat for the sake of being a giant self-rightous rear end in a top hat.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 24, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DJExile posted:

He seems to be thinking that the students want to believe THON fundraising puts them back in good graces from the child rape. I can see what he's getting at, but man, just let them be two separate things.

Yeah the point here is that this story had absolutely nothing to do with football or anything. If he had done the same thing to a story about them wanting the statue back it would have been absolutely fine, this was classless and horrible. Being a Penn State student or alumni isn't and shouldn't be a status crime. For the record I still think they deserved the death penalty but mostly because that might have helped the institution purge its poisonous cult of personality.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I wonder how much of the money raised was by/from people who support putting up a statue to approve spending tax dollars to cover up child rape.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The entire student body of PSU is garbage.

You are a loving moron.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Christian Hackenberg is an accurate representation of the entire student body, agreed.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Great White Hope posted:

I wonder how much of the money raised was by/from people who support putting up a statue to approve spending tax dollars to cover up child rape.

What does this even mean

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Great White Hope posted:

Who cares?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Check it out: people can have bad opinions at the same time as having good ones. hosed up, but true

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Emron posted:

Check it out: people can have bad opinions at the same time as having good ones. hosed up, but true

looks like someone doesn't use twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The guilty few.

• Locked thread