Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Old Greg posted:

Thanks for the informative thread everyone! Is there anything locked out of offline play except for the obvious multiplayer battles? Will I never be able to fight Broly or some weird single-player restriction like that?

If you live on Korin's Tower where there is no internet, you can still experience the full game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

So the mission where you have to kill 20 enemies as Captain is terrible.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Old Greg posted:

Thanks for the informative thread everyone! Is there anything locked out of offline play except for the obvious multiplayer battles? Will I never be able to fight Broly or some weird single-player restriction like that?

No its all there.

Your singleplayer lobby will even be filled with pretend gokus with silly names so you feel kind of like you're online with the rest of us.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Mr E posted:

So the mission where you have to kill 20 enemies as Captain is terrible.

Can you keep stealing their bodies when your health dips low?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The Dreaded Cousin of Freiza...

Charles.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

The Dreaded Cousin of Freiza...

Charles.

And Charles' younger, significantly tougher brother, Randy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Bee posted:

Can you keep stealing their bodies when your health dips low?

I finally got it, but my problem wasn't my own health, but Krillin's/Gohan's.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
drat Randy I know you think you're a big boy but you should just let your mom keep dressing you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the CPU generated gokus are all pretty much a rainbow nightmare

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Be nice to Kenneth, Nameks go color blind from using Eye Beams.

\/\/\/ I have no idea. I'd guess somewhere around 0, unless there's a JoJo that looks like a GoKu. All the costumes are readily available to be seen in various youtube videos.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 24, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How many Jojo's Bizarre Adventure characters can I make with the in game assets?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm loving the game but I hate the Ginyu saga, playing as Captain Ginyu is rear end and then the 'get your body back' mission is beating my rear end.

Good thing Vagetia is my bro and taught me his faster Kamehameha move, it helps me keep that rear end in a top hat Ginyu/Goku back away from me.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Holy Christ, how many of these loving Buu's am I supposed to kill?

I swear, every time I get to a point where I can say 'yes, this is a good game' it throws an impossibly lovely level like this at me!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Most of the appeal for me was playing online, not so much the story mode. If it's any consolation, you only have to do it once.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Holy Christ, how many of these loving Buu's am I supposed to kill?

I swear, every time I get to a point where I can say 'yes, this is a good game' it throws an impossibly lovely level like this at me!

That's the mission that made me throw in the towel at the mini buu swarm

Gonna do some parallel quests tomorrow and then get back to the story.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I met the Namekian Nigguh

Also for those poor souls who do not know what Saiya people are, click and be enlightened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wG84efH4sw

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That went to the OP. Hope you don't mind.
"If I don't eat rice, the power won't come."

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 24, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How do I get a mentor :saddowns:?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Mr E posted:

They show up in Toki Toki City. There's usually just 1. You can switch them. You can keep entering & leaving in order to trigger the one you want to appear. There are level restrictions.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

They'll show up in the area with the parallel quest and online battle buildings, you can tell them by their names having little circle symbol things next to them. It's random, and some only appear after you finish enough story and will only teach you if you're high enough level. You can go in and out of the area to reload until they pop up if you really want to, I think.

You can only progress one mentor at a time as far as I can tell, I've started with Krillin and talking to others tells me it'll reset my "relationship" with him. There is a trophy for maxing them all out though so I'm guessing once you finish their little training arc you can go on to another without issue.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7atfhxXKr-U
Mentor Video.

If you are using an Ultimate associated with your current Mentor, they give you a damage bonus.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 24, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So here's something cool, if you delete your character they go away (duh) but your story progress doesn't, I still have Vegeta as a mentor and all my gear and items and skills, I just need to get my level back. It even saved the fact that I was at the end (I loving hope) of the Ginyu storyline since Trunks is all 'oh cool your body's back to normal when you peace out of being a time cop because Ginyu/Goku loving cheats.'

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
The preorder stuff - did that come as a dlc code or is it just hey you bought it day one you get it? I didn't get anything with my best buy preorder.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I'm not normally huge on fighting games, I think the last Dragonball fighting game I owned was Final Bout. That said, I must own this, probably on Steam.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Tensokuu posted:

The preorder stuff - did that come as a dlc code or is it just hey you bought it day one you get it? I didn't get anything with my best buy preorder.

PS4? Go into your settings and "reset your licenses" is what I've been hearing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

PS4? Go into your settings and "reset your licenses" is what I've been hearing.

I think he means he bought a physical copy, which usually means DLC code in box or on your receipt.

Was the case still sealed? Maybe you just got screwed in the packaging lottery :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, I kinda hope they add some of the what-if transformations from like Heroes and the like; I want SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I have a feeling this is the first in a series of games.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I think he means he bought a physical copy, which usually means DLC code in box or on your receipt.

Was the case still sealed? Maybe you just got screwed in the packaging lottery :(

Yeah it was sealed. There wasn't even an instruction booklet inside though. :(. Oh well I am sure they will become pet of the season pass

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Tensokuu posted:

Yeah it was sealed. There wasn't even an instruction booklet inside though. :(. Oh well I am sure they will become pet of the season pass

What?? gently caress that man, go take issue with them.

Go in with your arms crossed and ask if they can experience fear, then smirk and do a Big Bang Attack.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Post more gokus

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Never stop posting gokus!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm pretty sure I suck at it, but this game is fun.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Will I be able to learn the Devilmite Beam? I want to finally be able kill a Goku with the Devilmite Beam.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Make this Goku please

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought you would actually get to see other people running around in town, but I guess all you get are NPCs based off real people standing around.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Make this Goku please
My goal in this game is to make as many Jojo's and Puroresu dudes as I can.

Part 3 Dio seems kinda doable. Nakamura's vest shouldn't be a problem but his hair might be, and I don't know if there are tight pants. Is Ubuu's hair in there?

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 24, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought you would actually get to see other people running around in town, but I guess all you get are NPCs based off real people standing around.

You may have to quit out to the main menu and go online after the Saiyan Saga.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Okay, I haven't actually beaten it yet, but I have found out a few things that sort of maybe help in the Buu fight. Given, I can't be sure if it's helping, because there is no sign that you're ever making progress. For all I know I need to kill a hundred of the loving things.

1. Spam the poo poo out of dash attacks and their teleporting follow up attacks to get ki back.
2. Have a big fat beam attack ultimate with lots of hyper armor, like Radtiz's Weekend.
3. Fire at them when they're in a group.
4. Don;t get so caught up in trying to focus on them one on one because there will always be 5 Buu's on the screen: they are replenished the exact second you kill one.
5. Be really goddamn lucky. Buu has essentially infinite stamina, which means that he can use his breakaway whenever he wants, which means that you can only actually land a combo on him when he feels like letting you.

Of course you could try the only actually reliable strategy I've found: circle strafe and spam the basic ki blast.

Seriously, from what I can find it seems to be considered the best strategy for the fight.

It'll take you about 1-2 hours to do that way.

EDIT: 5. The answer is 5 Buu's, then survive the conversation between Buu and Trunks.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

ZenVulgarity posted:

Make this Goku please

yeaoh-ken times 100

• Locked thread