Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nagi was incredibly arrogant. Negi was absurdly modest. Touta has a more reasonable and moderate sense of pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Serious Frolicking posted:

Nagi was incredibly arrogant. Negi was absurdly modest. Touta has a more reasonable and moderate sense of pride.

Nagi also made a harem of all men. Negi made a harem of all women! Touta has men and women.

Touta truly is the bridge between Nagi and Negi

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Nagi also made a harem of all men. Negi made a harem of all women! Touta has men and women.

Touta truly is the bridge between Nagi and Negi

Especially since one of Touta's harem members is still deciding which one they want to be.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Fully half of Negima is harem crap. It is front-loaded, but never goes away entirely.

Up to chapter whatever when everyone gets scattered in the jungle. I have learned to love my mouse wheel and to just stop when something potentially looks interesting, I don't think I've missed anything of importance doing that. I don't know why I'm bothering, but maybe that Rakan stuff will be worth it :shobon:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You aren't, probably. I mean poo poo, here's a spoiler: the Ako subplot isn't even close to being over. More Ako, because presumably someone who can manage to give a poo poo about about her and her issues will appear. It hasn't happened yet, but I guess it is theoretically possible?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter is out. I've always liked talking swords.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
"A sword that makes phone calls!" Oh Touta. :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hey look the Chao Bao Zi is doing well!

His moment of self-reflection was nice as well.

You know, assuming a sword is a phone makes way more sense than a talking sword.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"Conspicuously coiffured"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad that he seems to be keeping the relationship between Touta and Eva as still pretty firmly parent and child. That kind of relationship is rare in any form in a manga and it adds to both characters.

I also like that his sword is now his sidestick, though the restriction that the sword can't talk when others are around is kind of dumb. Can't for the life of me think of who the conspicuously coiffured man is supposed to be reminding me of, though.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

chumbler posted:

though the restriction that the sword can't talk when others are around is kind of dumb. Can't for the life of me think of who the conspicuously coiffured man is supposed to be reminding me of, though.

It's explained that it was a configuration instead of a restriction. So if Touta somehow figures out how to change that option to talk whenever anyone's around, we could have more open sidestick shenanigans.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
i hope the sidestick has some of colonel sanders' personality

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

The Fresh Prince posted:

I was pretty sad when the sidestick didn't say his name was Colonel Sanders.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Fresh Prince posted:

If the sidestick starts trolling Eva then we'll know. I hope it does.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hahaha, talking sword connected to 3-A and speaking in old style ("It is I!") :allears:

I love you, Akamatsu :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mikl posted:

Hahaha, talking sword connected to 3-A and speaking in old style ("It is I!") :allears:

Yeah, it is probably that, isn't it?

Oh well, until confirmed, I'm still reading it with Orbot's voice.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Mikl posted:

Wait, i'm not sure I follow how the speech thing is relevant?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A jargogle posted:

Wait, i'm not sure I follow how the speech thing is relevant?

The only person I can think of who talked that way might have been Kaede, but her somehow being the sword wouldn't make much sense given that she became a hyperspace ninja. Would be cool if it was her, though. Kaede was great.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
New Chapter
Afro The Forever :allears:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

GodFish posted:

New Chapter

It's a good name.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, others might be annoyed about how this will tie into the Mahoro Carnival plotline but gently caress it, it's just too funny to not aplaud.

Also, I'ma be pissed if Afro The Forever doesn't join the main cast after this.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 11, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GodFish posted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

With a name like Afro the Forever how could he not join a group of immortals?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That would actually make a really great band name.

Also: "Methinks she doth protest too much!" Indeed author, indeed. :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"...Do you like him?"
"I DO NOT!" :mad:

:allears:

Also joining in on the love for Afro the Forever :allears: :allears:

I fuckin' love Akamatsu.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mikl posted:

"...Do you like him?"
"I DO NOT!" :mad:

:allears:

Also Kuromaru's "No!"

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

chumbler posted:

The only person I can think of who talked that way might have been Kaede, but her somehow being the sword wouldn't make much sense given that she became a hyperspace ninja. Would be cool if it was her, though. Kaede was great.

That's only if you believe that this manga takes place in the Asuna-travels-back-in-time timeline, not the original, asuna-is-sleeping-and-negi-dies-early timeline.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

GodFish posted:

More Sidestick banter please.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Some familiar faces in this chapter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

GodFish posted:

Some familiar faces in this chapter.
The obvious ones are the two girls who were Fate's minions. Was there anyone else?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nate RFB posted:

The obvious ones are the two girls who were Fate's minions. Was there anyone else?

Wasn't sure if they were meant to be the same characters from Negima or just a callback to some character designs from Mundus Magicus (or Inverse Mars if you prefer). The skull head dude kinda looks like one of the bounty hunters that went after Nodoka and her treasure hunting crew to lure in Setsuna and Kaede and who was wrecked by Negi using Magia Erebea.

And then there's the burly looking black dude from Nigeria, which I thought was kinda random.

Sword looks like it'll drop some background info next chapter, so there's that to look forward to.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Wasn't sure if they were meant to be the same characters from Negima or just a callback to some character designs from Mundus Magicus (or Inverse Mars if you prefer). The skull head dude kinda looks like one of the bounty hunters that went after Nodoka and her treasure hunting crew to lure in Setsuna and Kaede and who was wrecked by Negi using Magia Erebea.

And then there's the burly looking black dude from Nigeria, which I thought was kinda random.

Sword looks like it'll drop some background info next chapter, so there's that to look forward to.

The skull dude has been in the background before actually. He ws in one of the scenes of previous tournaments i believe...

So anyone else thinking that the hooded kid that attacked Touta might be the blond kid from the cast picture?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The Fresh Prince posted:

The skull dude has been in the background before actually. He ws in one of the scenes of previous tournaments i believe...

Apparently, skull dude's name is the same as the bounty hunter I mentioned, so it probably is the same guy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Fresh Prince posted:

So anyone else thinking that the hooded kid that attacked Touta might be the blond kid from the cast picture?

I was thinking that it was a pissed-off Eva.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

It occurred to me that the Mahora tournament would be the perfect place for Kotarou to show up. I sure hope he does, and that he's on the same level as people like Rakan or Fate. He's had plenty of time to train! :allears:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter's up. And I guess the Touta is Negi/Nagi theory is alive again.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Is it just me or does the mystery enemy's sword look an awful lot like Asuna's sword?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silento posted:

Is it just me or does the mystery enemy's sword look an awful lot like Asuna's sword?

Akamatsu seems to like drawing those swords since they were all over the place in Negima, so I think it's unlikely that it's Asuna's or somehow related to it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Allarion posted:

New chapter's up. And I guess the Touta is Negi/Nagi theory is alive again.

I'll hold off from the "I CALLED IT and you all said I was dumb and wrong" until we get confirmation on that, but yeah. I mean, come on, obviously he's not going to be Negi's real grandchild because that would imply Negi picked a girl, which Ken isn't going to let happen because he's a horrible bastard who hates closure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I'll hold off from the "I CALLED IT and you all said I was dumb and wrong" until we get confirmation on that, but yeah. I mean, come on, obviously he's not going to be Negi's real grandchild because that would imply Negi picked a girl, which Ken isn't going to let happen because he's a horrible bastard who hates closure.

The ultimate troll would be if Negi married someone who wasn't present in Negima.

• Locked thread