Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Never seen it. What am I missing out on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
a pretty dece film op

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's a pretty good movie dude

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
The rich guy has a sex dungeon

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
All of the big 60s/70s historical epics are worth a watch. They're all rad, also of all places on Earth loving Romania also pumped millions of dollars into its movie Industry in the 60s/70s and produced a lot of epics of more or less equal quality. Most of them were about Romanian historical figures like Vlad Tepes or King Mircea and are reasonably historically accurate.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ape Fist posted:

All of the big 60s/70s historical epics are worth a watch. They're all rad, also of all places on Earth loving Romania also pumped millions of dollars into its movie Industry in the 60s/70s and produced a lot of epics of more or less equal quality. Most of them were about Romanian historical figures like Vlad Tepes or King Mircea and are reasonably historically accurate.

what are the titles of these movies to watch

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I haven't seen it either.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Abu Dave posted:

what are the titles of these movies to watch

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92niYkUggo (with subtitles)

'MIRCEA' (1989) is pretty much an incredible film from start to finish. It's on youtube, and it's not even :filez: either because it was all produced under Communist rule and thus the rights to all of it expired after the fall. Anything by 'Sergiu Nicolaescu' is amazing and of equal quality and work to anything Hollywood produced during this period. You also learn that Romania is one of the most balling countries on Earth.

Ape Fist fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 26, 2015

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any good vietnam movies that arent full metal jackets or alpocalypse now

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lawrence of my labia? What's that?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Good news, OP!

quote:

Robert Pattinson is to take another giant leap away from the mainstream after signing on to play TE Lawrence – better known as Lawrence of Arabia.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/aug/15/robert-pattinson-lawrence-arabia

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Turner Classic Movies channel has been having a tribute to Oscar month and its been a good month to be unemployed. Its a good thing there was nothing good made from the 80s til now so I could occasionally sleep.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i've never seen it either yet i've never been compelled to make a terrible thread about it you terrible threadmaker, now i wonder which should be a bigger concern to you - not seeing lawrence of olivier or making terrible threads hmmm???

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

same

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I will watch most things Werner Herzog

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i watch the entire intermission

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
lets see edward survive a high speed motorcycle crash

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

it's pretty good. you should watch it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I saw it and it was p good but i didnt see why everyone was saying its one of the best movies ever

Maybe if i went back and watched it again? Op please come to my house so we can have movie night and i can fall asleep in your la[ at the most important/exciting part of the movie

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-lPTkkpiTw

Polish historical epic in Egypt. Fuckin rules.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i'm not sure OP, but i think it was about a young man discovering his homosexuality as he drifts jobless across africa or egypt or something

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

3 1/2 hours of loving incredible acting.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Abu Dave posted:

are there any good vietnam movies that arent full metal jackets or alpocalypse now

platoon

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It is a good movie OP. Also Peter O'Toole admitted he was drunk for most of it.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Abu Dave posted:

hamburger hill, born on the fourth of july, deerhunter, mickey mouse in vietnam

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The soundtrack is loving dope too. Just big sweeping themes that probably cemented the sort of music people hear in their heads when they think of the Arabian desert. And tons of old fashioned practical effects. It's one of those movies that shows how practical effects stand the test of time.

Also implied gay buttrape :dong:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Dang, im missing out big time.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
lawrence of arabia's spear sticking into an arab shield is a metaphor for im gay

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

was a kid when i saw it so i should prob watch again

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

me neither

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i remember going "whoa thats the dude from star wars"

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
Turkish butt-sex

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

It's very good. Back in the day, directors had to subject their crews to genuine hardship in order to get to get that genuine feeling. Nowadays you simply don't get that-- people just act histrionic in front of greenscreens. Back way back yonder, your star actor had to risk his actual loving life in order to get that shot. Worth it, IMO.

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 26, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'ts a great film.

It's also like Titanic in that it had a central lead male character who was on screen for the vast majority of the film yet he didn't win an oscar, though the film won a bunch of others.

...yeah.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

"If you had been any prettier, they would have called it 'Florence of Arabia'".

PS check out "Beckett" while you're at it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
british beetlemania

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Ole Miss, John Glenn

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

Turkish butt-sex

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sexy young infidel posted:

i'm not sure OP, but i think it was about a young man discovering his homosexuality as he drifts jobless across africa or egypt or something

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

Turkish butt-sex

Egbert Souse posted:

3 1/2 hours of loving incredible acting.

All good answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's literally the best movie ever made OP, please watch it as soon as possible.

• Locked thread