Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

gently caress, that needs to be a Euro Truck Simulator add on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Hezzy, apparently we are finally giving you guys our safer transport command. Where will we send all of our wastemen now?

Is that the buses and poo poo? I can't see us taking that over any time soon considering our jurisdiction only extends to the railway!

I'm sure the Met has plenty of places to send wastemen... you still have NPTs don't you?

Also one of our Sergeants was showing me the gloves he got when he worked for the Met. They were far better than the ones I got with Lancashire. Please get me a pair!

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
so apparently chicago PD ran a black site interrogation prison. Is there any reason we even allow that corrupt poo poo hole of a state to exist? Fold it into indiana and iowa and burn chicago to the ground.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Man you Americans do some hosed up poo poo. Privately funded internationally located municipal police stations, black site interrogation centres, genocide against the black man

Where does it end? Can't we all just police for profit in peace?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
N-it-2-win-It, son!

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Some day the world will rise up against the united states like it did against hitler, and we just want to make sure we are worthy of the title of fascist oppressors when the day comes.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

Some day the world will rise up against the united states like it did against hitler, and we just want to make sure we are worthy of the title of fascist oppressors when the day comes.

As far as fascist oppressors go, we're certainly not very good at keeping the general population of our own country in line. We've got a lot of work to do in that department to be ready for the Mexican invasion.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
does mexico even have a functioning government anymore or is it basically mad max

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Branis posted:

so apparently chicago PD ran a black site interrogation prison. Is there any reason we even allow that corrupt poo poo hole of a state to exist? Fold it into indiana and iowa and burn chicago to the ground.

I am sure it is just one rotten apple of an officer/department/city/state and is in no way indicative of general trends of abuse.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
probably right bro everybody knows illinois is corrupt as gently caress. If i had to guess I would blame it on the pollacks and jews.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Big Sausage interests are responsible for this.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
kosher kielbasa factories backed by the mob

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

does mexico even have a functioning government anymore or is it basically mad max

Sign me up for the post apocalyptic BDSM scene.

Are there still lots of Mexicans there though? This is important.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Patrick Swayze is helping retrain the NYPD, just fyi.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/25/nypd-using-road-house-movie-to-teach-cops-how-to-be-nice/?intcmp=latestnews

quote:

The NYPD has turned to Patrick Swayze to teach city cops how to behave.

Police bosses are using a scene from the 1989 action flick "Road House" as part of the mandatory, three-day retraining course for 22,000 cops, The Post has learned.

"You have to have a thick skin," an instructor told cops forced to take part in the $35 million program before hitting play on the two-minute clip from the cult classic, sources said.

In the scene, Swayze — playing a tough-guy bouncer, Dalton — teaches his goons at the rowdy bar Double Deuce how to handle unruly customers.

First, he spells out three rules, with the third being simply, "Be nice."

"If somebody gets in your face and calls you a [expletive deleted], I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice," he says.

"I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal."

When another bouncer in a cut-off plaid shirt asks if "being called a [expletive deleted] isn't personal," Swayze responds: "It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response."

The scene also includes Swayze's most important message: "I want you to be nice, until it's time to not be nice."

So be nice you loving assholes

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson posted:

Sign me up for the post apocalyptic BDSM scene.

Are there still lots of Mexicans there though? This is important.

In Mexico? Not really. All the illegal immigrants I talk to say Mexico is basically 90% populated by people from El Salvador and Honduras waiting to cross the border.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
You guys ever notice in your areas if you get specific types of illegal immigrants? Up here it seems like most illegals i've run into have been guatemalan and salvadoran, we almost never see mexicans up here. I wonder why that is

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

You guys ever notice in your areas if you get specific types of illegal immigrants? Up here it seems like most illegals i've run into have been guatemalan and salvadoran, we almost never see mexicans up here. I wonder why that is

there's a trailer park here of about 100 residences populated by 100% Hondurans, all migrant workers basically.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Branis posted:

That's just the free market at work. Some enterprising coyote is devising a new way to smuggle panamanians into central michigan as we speak.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

beanieson posted:

there's a trailer park here of about 100 residences populated by 100% Hondurans, all migrant workers basically.

Theres a dairy farm in our area that has the same thing on his farm. All guatemalans with the best english speaker being the foreman.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Branis posted:

"Last of the 1500 cc's!"

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Branis posted:

Serious post: chain migration. The first few are random, then word gets back that someone local can help newbies, and it turns into a support network that invites more migration.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I live within half an hour from a few major-ish border towns, all ours are actual Mexicans and the vast majority are legal. Locals pretend illegal immigration is a huge problem for us but in reality its just an easy way to drum up votes

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Brit police are getting a bit of a kicking in the media at the moment about our use of taser on children. Headlines all over about "Police use taser on children 400 times in a year"

Of course that headline invites you to think all sorts of awful things. They don't actually explain that it was drawn on people aged between 11 and 17, and only actually fired 37 times at people aged 14 - 17.

Pretty well thought out response to it: https://nathanconstable.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/use-of-taser-on-children-a-response/

Just another kicking for the police when they're down! The media are such twats.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Do the British Police services document every unholstering of a firearm and taser even if there is no deployment?
The Nordic ones do, and you attach all kinds of paperwork, but I've been trying out of curiosity to find other places that do it. It's kinda hard to come up with on easily available info.
If so, does it require justification and the events leading up to it descriptions and all that?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Unholstering no, firing yes. Usually just a one page memo explaining why you used the taser.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I recently discovered that full nudity including buttholes is allowed on finnish television. Care to explain this vahakyla?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Sex is normal. Going to coed sauna with no clothes is pretty normal and poo poo.

No Finnish kid was ruined by seeing boobies in the TV.

An American firefighter doing a tour on my old fire service was once scarred when he was about to learn that the coed shift was about to get into a sauna. Naked. He never took his towel off and also passed out there.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 26, 2015

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I grew up in an area of minnesota where there was pretty significant norwegian ancestry and theres not a sauna for a hundred miles in any direction. I think you have to go all the way up north to the iron range where the finnish immigrants settled before any of that weird stuff starts happening.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Do the British Police services document every unholstering of a firearm and taser even if there is no deployment?
The Nordic ones do, and you attach all kinds of paperwork, but I've been trying out of curiosity to find other places that do it. It's kinda hard to come up with on easily available info.
If so, does it require justification and the events leading up to it descriptions and all that?

There is a department near where I work that does this. They got like 15 pages of paperwork to write the second they do a thing. So now they have officers who are slow to react at pulling their guns or tasers or batons or whatever when they really really need to because they know they have to write a report, a memo, a message to the governor. So now you have situations where no one on scene wants to do anything or react to a suspect or an evolving situation. Or recently when they called us for mutual aid for fleeing suspects with weapons and wait for us to get there because we can pull out our guns and point them at the bad guys and/or tase people without a lot of extra nonsense.

Just the other day I was there when they had 7+ officers chasing after a guy who attempted to flee in a car. After they got him stopped none of them initially moved in to pull him out of the car and arrest the guy because it means two extra layers of use-of-force paperwork. That kind of poo poo can get someone else or you killed.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 26, 2015

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The voiced threat of using a firearm, taser, ASP or enhanced takedowns , and the act of visibly unholstering it/them and or pointing it are in themselves uses of force in terms of law.

By merely saying "drop down your weapon or I will use a firearm" is use of force. So it has be documented.

This applies to Finland but pretty drat certainly to other nordics, too.
If you threaten with something, you have to be able to argue as for why and how.
The police universities then conduct studies about pretty much everything and the lead up to armed encounters and other violent episodes to study the best and proven ways to statistically end up with least amount of injuries/hassle to everyone.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 26, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

So you document arrests? So do most places. Not sure what your point is here.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Untagged posted:

Just the other day I was there when they had 7+ officers chasing after a guy who attempted to flee in a car. After they got him stopped none of them initially moved in to pull him out of the car and arrest the guy because it means two extra layers of use-of-force paperwork. That kind of poo poo can get someone else or you killed.

The gently caress? Why are these guys so scared of paperwork?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Smiling Jack posted:

So you document arrests? So do most places. Not sure what your point is here.

I don't think you can pull up a file "Events leading up to unholsterings and deployments of taser in The United States" or even in a single city in such a fashion that quick direct comparison is possible.

Or directly compare all past knife wielding suspects being threatened with a firearm versus similar but taser and the subsequent efficiency of both courses of actions. Number of verbal threats before deployment etc etc.

Or this is my perception at least around South Carolina.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 26, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

I don't think you can pull up a file "Events leading up to unholsterings and deployments of taser in The United States" or even in a single city in such a fashion that quick direct comparison is possible.

Or directly compare all past knife wielding suspects being threatened with a firearm versus similar but taser and the subsequent efficiency of both courses of actions. Number of verbal threats before deployment etc etc.

Or this is my perception at least around South Carolina.

well no, but the united states isn't a tiny nation of 5.5 million people with a national police force

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hence why I was curious of what other places do it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Not an LEO, but my local PD requires a use of force report for unholstering a firearm. Thankfully there seems to be a small measure of sanity with it according to my friends within the agency... No one is getting in trouble for being safe.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

Not an LEO, but my local PD requires a use of force report for unholstering a firearm. Thankfully there seems to be a small measure of sanity with it according to my friends within the agency... No one is getting in trouble for being safe.

Yeah, there is no problem with it at face value. But there are times, like noted above, where it can go to far. Say you've responded to a burglar alarm and have to search a building. You draw your firearm and search accordingly. At that other department automatically every officer has to now write a "use of force" report. That doesn't make any sense.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Untagged posted:

Yeah, there is no problem with it at face value. But there are times, like noted above, where it can go to far. Say you've responded to a burglar alarm and have to search a building. You draw your firearm and search accordingly. At that other department automatically every officer has to now write a "use of force" report. That doesn't make any sense.

For real? We need a offender/victim for the UoF report to go against.

Search a building with gun drawn? No UoF.

Find a dude inside and aim down? UoF.

That at least is a fair medium, as long as there is honest reporting.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I've been asked to take a process for a School Resource Officer at a middle school in my district. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one taking it.

It's comes with non zombie midnight hours and a take home. Not going to lie, I could use a change of pace after spending all this time in patrol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

I've been asked to take a process for a School Resource Officer at a middle school in my district. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one taking it.

It's comes with non zombie midnight hours and a take home. Not going to lie, I could use a change of pace after spending all this time in patrol.

First thing I'm gonna do is egg your cruiser.

:colbert:.

• Locked thread