Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Spermgod posted:

the interpromotional mexican turtles feud rages on

AULL Karate Turtles vs IWRG Ninja Turtles – ending as a draw when a THIRD group of turtles (Mutant Turtles) and Los Bastardos (not Turtles) all ran in. Challenges for a four way match followed.

I can't wait for the eventual DVD recapping the entire feud

edit: new page means i better post some pics before hulkamatt grounds me
Yuji Nagata, this guy owns

Adrian Neville: chair

A bunch of jobbers and Roman Reigns

schweens fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Roman Reigns with fans

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

PAC has done sexy legs

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
So what I took from last page is that there are some stupidly attractive Japanese wrestlers and that WWE should bring back the European title, but rename it the Eurovision title and have it contested in a karaoke tournament.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

the old guys are comedians Marc Maron and Bobcat Goldthwait

schweens fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 26, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bobcat looks like hell. Hell or a terrible Dr. Who cosplay.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

He looks okay when you correct for the fact that he's in his fifties and didn't look that good to begin with.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I know Marc Maron is funny, but every time I see him I think of a story told about Patrice Oneal where they were all on Tough Crowd, and Marc started to go into his long-winded bit and Patrice cut him off with a "Shuuuuut up, Marc!"

Man, I miss Patrice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherdog posted:

He looks okay when you correct for the fact that he's in his fifties and didn't look that good to begin with.

Yeah, dude was in his early 20s when he started appearing in those Police Academy movies and he looked about 40 then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Punk looks so happy...

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

Punk looks so happy...

I was trying to figure out why he just looks "better" and I think it's the lack of giant black bags under his eyes. Not having to travel 4 days of the week after doing it for 5 years steadily must feel like a constant vacation.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Dude was sick and overworked for basically years and now he gets to be well-rested, do whatever he wants, and relax. He's 36 and sitting on enough money that he's basically retired, with enough people that respect him and know who he is that he can gently caress around and do whatever fun poo poo he wants between writing for comics and becoming an anime. He made the right decision and I'm surprised he isn't beaming ear to ear in every picture people take.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really don't understand why WWE wrestlers have to do that kind of schedule other than the fact that that's how they always did it. One day people will look back at the schedule the way we look back at chair shots from the late 90s.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spikeguy posted:

I really don't understand why WWE wrestlers have to do that kind of schedule other than the fact that that's how they always did it. One day people will look back at the schedule the way we look back at chair shots from the late 90s.

Especially when it's easily demonstrable that a lighter schedule = longer career. See: The fact that Yuji Nagata, Minoru Suzuki and Manabu Nakanishi are still working and doing, at worst (let's be honest, Nakanishi), decent work.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Especially when it's easily demonstrable that a lighter schedule = longer career. See: The fact that Yuji Nagata, Minoru Suzuki and Manabu Nakanishi are still working and doing, at worst (let's be honest, Nakanishi), decent work.

Yeah I have no idea why a business would seek to maximize profit above all else.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neonbregna posted:

Yeah I have no idea why a business would seek to maximize profit above all else.

That may be true, but businesses do change. If all society allowed them to get away with is profit, you would still have child labor and people getting paid pennies (In America)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spikeguy posted:

Vince is a workaholic who thinks everyone should aspire to be him because he's a mentally ill person who needs put down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

He looks like someone that's aged, for sure, but he's still as animated as he ever was. This was from 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjME2OAjIE

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Ricochet posted:

A sweet #tbt of me and my dude @dhomneek circa 2007. Prom I think. #Studs #Badasses #Handsome

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

That may be true, but businesses do change. If all society allowed them to get away with is profit, you would still have child labor and people getting paid pennies (In America)

WWE is in a position where, for the most part, if a worker decided he didn't like the WWE schedule, WWE could replace him with ease, because for every worker who wouldn't be willing to do the WWE schedule, there are at least a hundred who would, and it is possible that there is only one irreplaceable talent in the company.

So long as working for WWE is extremely lucrative for workers and treated by the wrestling fanbase as the only major league show in town worth paying for, there is no reason for change to happen, because society is saying what they think, and the vote is 'We approve of WWE'.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Great White Hope posted:

So long as working for WWE is extremely lucrative for workers.

Might want to walk this statement back considering people are getting paid $500 per Raw.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just add the word "some" in there and its true!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

That Ricochet pic rules:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

thank god ricochet got rid of his terrible terrible hair

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Might want to walk this statement back considering people are getting paid $500 per Raw.

I mean so long as workers perceive working for WWE as a lucrative opportunity. Whether or not reality matches that doesn't really matter so long as guys are willing to sign the contracts. Wrestling's evils has been exposed countless times, and nothing has changed. Eddie Guerrero died, the business moved forward. Chris Benoit killed himself and his family, the business moved forward. CM Punk quit and publicly shredded the company, the business moved forward. Society doesn't care, it'll take workers banding together on their end, likely for a short-term loss, to make things happen for their general long-term benefit, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Does the WWE schedule suck for workers? Absolutely, but WWE, for all its faults, has done an excellent job of making themselves the draw, and for the most part, both the people who give the business money and the people who provide the in-ring service support that.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

Businesses didn't change laws did.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John CENA Denton

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My push is augmented

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a channel of neon blue.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Adrian Neville to debut as a Kingsman.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

Does the WWE schedule suck for workers? Absolutely, but WWE, for all its faults, has done an excellent job of making themselves the draw, and for the most part, both the people who give the business money and the people who provide the in-ring service support that.

Thing is, if they built more than one top draw at a time, and made the midcard important, they could easily split up the tours further so people wouldn't have to work every night while still making the same money.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
The Google Glass Ceiling

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Thing is, if they built more than one top draw at a time, and made the midcard important, they could easily split up the tours further so people wouldn't have to work every night while still making the same money.

This would require them to expend money on talented writers instead of just feeding everyone to cena.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

new universal soldier looking good

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Moe Habana? The Gameboy-only King of Fighters character? Whaaaaaat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

i love hassy

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

(face only)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Some one messed up the PWT site by formatting it wrong and it is hilarious.