Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've seen so many ebay listings for amiibos going for like 100 or even 200 each and none of them have any bidders. People are loving retarded and have majorly misjudged the value of these things, myself included. I don't regret it though, just means I can play with Ike and DDD in Steam/Kirby games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

I've seen so many ebay listings for amiibos going for like 100 or even 200 each and none of them have any bidders. People are loving retarded and have majorly misjudged the value of these things, myself included. I don't regret it though, just means I can play with Ike and DDD in Steam/Kirby games

I've seen several completed listings for $99.99+ with one at $120.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Vegastar posted:

I don't even loving know why I ordered one, but I guess now I feel a bit better about having done so. Might come in handy if I need to trade someone for a wave 4 character that's a bit tougher to find, or it can just take up space on a shelf somewhere.

Seriously, I get unique characters selling out fast, but this is just a loving mediocre paintjob. How that sold out in 5 minutes is a mystery to me.

The mystique of golden Nintendo poo poo. Aside from SNES and Game Boy, there's always been a handful of games, portables, controllers, etc that tend to either be limited edition or hard to find in some form or another that have a gold paint job. Zelda Skyward Sword Wii remotes go for like $80, gold nunchucks were club Nintendo exclusive and go for over a hundo, and I remember the golden N64 controller being a Nintendo Power exclusive giveaway for whoever got the best time on Mario Raceway in MK64.

But then they sold them mass produced at Toys R Us and I got one like six years later for eight bucks from GameStop, hahaha suck a dick Nintendo.

(The golden Millenium 2000-printed N64 controllers are worth hundreds though :catstare: )

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gay skull posted:

The mystique of golden Nintendo poo poo. Aside from SNES and Game Boy, there's always been a handful of games, portables, controllers, etc that tend to either be limited edition or hard to find in some form or another that have a gold paint job.

That goddamn gold-plated GBA SP that they made single digits of for a Japan-exclusive promotional giveaway involving Minish Cap.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
As of this second he is up again, good luck goons: http://www.walmart.com/ip/43814229?www=true&productRedirect=true

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Won't actually add it to the cart. Dang.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Gone.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

2 minutes. Is that a record?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Goddammmmmmmit. Saw your post, then my loving Internet died on me. Tried to use my phone, but I wasn't fast enough.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

2 minutes. Is that a record?

It was up for a bit before it was posted here. /r/amiibo is your best bet if you want the fastest updates.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Seriously though, if anyone happens to catch a preorder but personally doesn't want a Gold Mario, get one locked down for me! I will pay cost+shipping+$5 for your trouble.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jivjov posted:

Seriously though, if anyone happens to catch a preorder but personally doesn't want a Gold Mario, get one locked down for me! I will pay cost+shipping+$5 for your trouble.

I have an extra one ordered but I will be using it for trading for another Amiibo. I'm pretty sure most who got extra will be going this route.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

jivjov posted:

Why not just buy this one?

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
I want to believe these are just joke listings...

EDIT - The guy that is trying to sell one for $450 :

quote:

You are bidding on a new, never opened Gold Mario Amiibo predorder, once it arrives at my location I will two-day ship it to yours! Ships 3/30/15
Price based on the current market. Don't worry Nintendo fans I am not a scalper, I have never ordered more than one of the same Amiibo. I don't own or plan to sell multiple of the same Amiibo.
I'm just trying to get out the the Amiibo game before the addiction kicks in!

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 26, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It doesn't matter if they are a joke or not, as long as no one is bidding on them, it says nothing about anything.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

It doesn't matter if they are a joke or not, as long as no one is bidding on them, it says nothing about anything.
Wrong. It says a lot about people actually believing they will get rich off these things.

E- More than 20 have been successfully sold for more than $50 with some over $100.

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 26, 2015

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Tons of Sheiks and Toon Links at Best Buy Brooklyn.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Forget Gold Mario, when is Silver Mario going up...I want my Metal Mario!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just make a fake eBay account and "buy" all of the current listings and gently caress up every scalpers days.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Rirse posted:

Forget Gold Mario, when is Silver Mario going up...I want my Metal Mario!

Well since Walmart got gold Mario, one can only logically conclude that Kmart is getting silver Mario.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm not a scalper either but I will happily sell your dumb rear end any Amiibo I own for $1500 if you're willing to pay, because why wouldn't I?

Also, just went to Best Buy and they had a Mega Man and two Sonics. So those are definitely out there somewhere.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Word is Gamestop isn't bothering with preorders for wave 4, has anyone heard similar?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Word is Gamestop isn't bothering with preorders for wave 4, has anyone heard similar?

I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

gay skull posted:

I'm not a scalper either but I will happily sell your dumb rear end any Amiibo I own for $1500 if you're willing to pay, because why wouldn't I?

Also, just went to Best Buy and they had a Mega Man and two Sonics. So those are definitely out there somewhere.

If someone is selling an item that they don't even have yet because they pre-ordered it with the intention of selling it for profit... They are a scalper.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I'm not racist, but...

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Legdiian posted:

If someone is selling an item that they don't even have yet because they pre-ordered it with the intention of selling it for profit... They are a scalper.

There's... no argument here though? Like, I don't give a gently caress about buying up a hundred rare Amiibos to flip on eBay for a profit of like $15 per, since a McDonalds job will seriously make you more money for less effort, but I'll still gladly run out to Walmart and fight a crowd if there were a $1,487 bounty at stake. But there isn't, nobody cares that much to spend G's on Amiibos.

I would scalp the poo poo out of Amiibos if it meant I could pay off my student loans. But as it stands right now, if you scalp because you need the money, you got bigger problems in your life that Amiibos can't fix.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Apparently my Best Buy has Sonic in stock (as in, I checked the site and it says its available)

I go to look and lolnope just the same Diddy/Peach/Mario/Bowser clusterfuck with empty pegs for Ike and Megaman (which the MM one had a Mario on it).

What the gently caress.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Don't buy from people looking to gouge. Keep your eyes open and set a max you're willing to spend and jump as soon as you see a deal you're comfortable with. If the heat's too hot, get outta the limited edition gold amiibo kitchen.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Apparently my Best Buy has Sonic in stock (as in, I checked the site and it says its available)

I go to look and lolnope just the same Diddy/Peach/Mario/Bowser clusterfuck with empty pegs for Ike and Megaman (which the MM one had a Mario on it).

What the gently caress.

Best Buy sucks at actually putting out their stock of things. If it says it's available on the website, just buy it from there and tell it to pick up at store. At worst you'll get your order cancelled and save a trip to the store, at best you reserved one of the their in-stock things to pick up whenever you feel like.

I don't even bother looking for their stuff in-store anymore. Mine still has not updated their Wii U section since around the time Tropical Freeze came out, but if I looked for, say Smash on the website I'd find it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Best Buy sucks at actually putting out their stock of things. If it says it's available on the website, just buy it from there and tell it to pick up at store. At worst you'll get your order cancelled and save a trip to the store, at best you reserved one of the their in-stock things to pick up whenever you feel like.

I don't even bother looking for their stuff in-store anymore. Mine still has not updated their Wii U section since around the time Tropical Freeze came out, but if I looked for, say Smash on the website I'd find it.

Sonic is in a unique state of "won't let you buy from the website because we put him as Sold Out online".

But it doesn't matter, asked a guy, he said they had 7. Asked to check for Megaman too and he came back with both! Now I can cancel my loving newegg order.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Sonic is in a unique state of "won't let you buy from the website because we put him as Sold Out online".

That's weird, usually if they have a copy of something it will still let you add to cart and check out.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Phantasium posted:

That's weird, usually if they have a copy of something it will still let you add to cart and check out.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

Yeah, I had that issue with Meta Knight and Ike as well (Which is why I missed both of them). I just get "Sorry, there was an issue adding the item to your cart, try again." Message they have to deter people from trying to buy poo poo they don't have stock of online by doing it as a Store pickup and then trying to switch it to ship to home, at least that's probably why they do it. Either that or they can't program the ability to sell something for in-store pickup online without also shipping it.

But yeah, doesn't matter now.

I just need Ike and Dedede to get the non-exclusive Wave 3's done.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Sheik is available at GameStop.com right now.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/sheik-amiibo-figure/118951

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Is Sheik hard to find? I've been sitting one 2 because I didn't think anyone needed.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Legdiian posted:

Is Sheik hard to find? I've been sitting one 2 because I didn't think anyone needed.

Sheik and Toon Link are both still non-existent out here. Only Wave 3 I've seen out on the sales floor is Bowser (Sonic and Megaman exist out here, but not actively out in front of people.)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Sheik and Toon Link are both still non-existent out here. Only Wave 3 I've seen out on the sales floor is Bowser (Sonic and Megaman exist out here, but not actively out in front of people.)

Toon Link is also on GS.com. I figured he was common. I missed most of the new wave.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Don't buy from people looking to gouge. Keep your eyes open and set a max you're willing to spend and jump as soon as you see a deal you're comfortable with. If the heat's too hot, get outta the limited edition gold amiibo kitchen.

These are cheap chinese pieces of plastic that cost pennies to produce. Fact.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Bowser is fairly common, and Sheik and Toon Link are a little rarer but still somewhat common

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Is Nintendo still claiming limited shelf space for lack of amiibo in NA?
Has anyone asked them how shelf space matters when the product never makes it to the shelf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

African AIDS cum posted:

These are cheap chinese pieces of plastic that cost pennies to produce. Fact.

Yes, and...?

• Locked thread