Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
You redirect the merfolk impaler's attack!
The merfolk impaler hits the merfolk impaler with a trident of distortion!!
The merfolk impaler is devoured by a tear in reality.

I don't think this will ever get old. He abyssed me first, I got out quickly, and next attack *bamf*

Edit: Two of them in a row just distorted themselves. They were both attacking me at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Boy did it take me a while to realize Vehumet doesn't give you mana for Singularity kills. I sure hope Tornado gets you some. :saddowns:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Maxmaps posted:

Boy did it take me a while to realize Vehumet doesn't give you mana for Singularity kills. I sure hope Tornado gets you some. :saddowns:

That's because the singularity is the object that is killing it; Vehumet only gives mana when you kill something yourself (so summons won't work either). Tornado will work because you are the one generating the winds.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Floodkiller posted:

That's because the singularity is the object that is killing it; Vehumet only gives mana when you kill something yourself (so summons won't work either). Tornado will work because you are the one generating the winds.

Crap. Now I'm considering just switching to Chei and becoming a high stat, slow moving killing machine.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Brannock posted:

CanOfWorms is doing a great job already with those three new tiles.
Get excited for a new bone dragon soon???

and I'll probably mess around with the other dragons when I have the time.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hella psyched for this.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

:gizz::gizz::gizz:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
If you have any power to do so please take a shot at the player draconian tile and his hoagie head.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

If we have a sexy naked muscle man we should also have a sexy naked pyromancer lady in the game tp be fair.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Can Of Worms posted:

Most of the other dragon tiles look really good though. Only ones I think need to be changed are iron dragons and golden dragons. They have dumb dopey heads.

Frykte posted:

If we have a sexy naked muscle man we should also have a sexy naked pyromancer lady in the game tp be fair.

You still have Erica and her flashy dress.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 27, 2015

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Yeah, bone dragons had an unfortunate similarity to dragon skeletons. The mystic blue whisps will solve that

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Most of the other dragon tiles look really good though. Only ones I think need to be changed are iron dragons and golden dragons. They have dumb dopey heads.
Golden, Iron and Pearl dragons are the ones specifically on the tiling block. I agree that the other ones are good for now but I do have an idea to improve them slightly. That can be put off for later though.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Can Of Worms posted:

This is the first time I've realized that the fire/storm dragon have a long skinny neck curling down. I never looked closely at the tile and always thought they had a big goofy round head with a tusk underbite.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah I was gonna say that Pearl Dragons look dopey as hell. Also, Roctavian is too much of a chicken to give TRJ a crown and a double tall sprite so you should do that.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Will sentient slime ever be a race? Eat equipment to grow more powerful etc.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Benly posted:

This is the first time I've realized that the fire/storm dragon have a long skinny neck curling down. I never looked closely at the tile and always thought they had a big goofy round head with a tusk underbite.

Holy poo poo.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Brannock posted:

CanOfWorms is doing a great job already with those three new tiles.

The tiles get better and better. I love them.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Chas McGill posted:

Will sentient slime ever be a race? Eat equipment to grow more powerful etc.

Stats develop based on the kind of gear you eat. Artifacts can't be digested but you can keep one inside of you to absorb its properties.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Serpent of Hell needs a talltile, imo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I still think Bone Dragons should spawn a few random dragon skeletons on death.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Dying at Ziggurat 22 in an attempt to find an rCorr source so you can do Slime. #JustDCSSThings

Edit: You never feel like Deep Elves have low HP values until you're in the line of fire of a bunch of hellions and pan lords.

DoubleEdit: It's become like a mental condition for me, doesn't matter that a character can get the orb anymore, and extended is a sometimes thing, it's about consistently clearing ziggs :argh:

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 27, 2015

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
IMO fire dragons should be red and swamp dragons should be the green that fire dragons are now.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ferrinus posted:

IMO fire dragons should be red and swamp dragons should be the green that fire dragons are now.

I agree, mostly because fire dragons should be the same colour as fire drakes. (I guess the drakes could turn green instead.)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Maxmaps posted:

Dying at Ziggurat 22 in an attempt to find an rCorr source so you can do Slime. #JustDCSSThings
You don't need rCorr for slime. Especially if you can get that far into a zigg

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

IronicDongz posted:

You don't need rCorr for slime. Especially if you can get that far into a zigg

Oh, this became incredibly obvious after getting a supersaturated slime floor and leaving it without losing more than a quarter of my hp. I considered stepping out but there's a part of my brain that goes from 'lets be reasonable, if things start getting scary we simply step out' to. '27 OR BUST MOTHERFUCKER!!!' as soon as I hit > on that gold and purple portal.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
If you were going for 15 you can definitely do Slime without rCorr if you've been able to brave Tomb, the Hells, and Pan. If you were going for 3 you should have taken one of the other branches instead, probably the Abyss.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
^^^ like he said:

Maxmaps posted:

Edit: You never feel like Deep Elves have low HP values until you're in the line of fire of a bunch of hellions and pan lords.

DoubleEdit: It's become like a mental condition for me, doesn't matter that a character can get the orb anymore, and extended is a sometimes thing, it's about consistently clearing ziggs :argh:

rCorr is useful but definitely not necessary for Slime, in my opinion. I think rMut is much more useful because of the goddam shining eyes. Guess it depends on what character you're running though.

I'm with you on ziggurats though. Gotta clear em all...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think the only actual required thing for slime besides good offense is MR/Clarity.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
rCorr is still really useful, I wouldn't understate how much it helps.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Thug Lessons posted:

If you were going for 15 you can definitely do Slime without rCorr if you've been able to brave Tomb, the Hells, and Pan. If you were going for 3 you should have taken one of the other branches instead, probably the Abyss.

That's it, basically. At some point I went from 'oh my god my first win and I can't believe I did it with FOUR runes'to 'Ugh, this lame loving character cant even clear 12 floors of zigg after clearing Zot, what was I thinking?'

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

quote:

the ring "Butt" (right hand) {rElec rC++ MP+9 EV+4 Str+3}!
:drat:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I like the ring 'Butt' and I cannot lie.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think I've found my favorite song to play Chei characters to.

I'm assuming most people listen to stuff while playing crawl, but maybe not? This is basically my "zone out when I have nothing to do" game.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Didn't tele out right away when I pulled Jory up from Tomb:3 because I thought he would be useless silenced, and my holy triple crossbow could shred him. Eight or so missed shots later...

code:
512231 Floodkiller the Sniper (level 24, -5/221 (222) HPs)
             Began as a Centaur Hunter on Feb 21, 2015.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Slain by Jory
             ... wielding a +0 broad axe
              (14 damage)
             ... on level 2 of the Tomb of the Ancients on Feb 27, 2015.
             The game lasted 04:38:07 (84417 turns).
I'm never going to get greatplayer, I'm such an idiot :negative:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
P - the +12 great sword "Fevoxul" (weapon) {pain, rF+ rC++ MR-}
(You bought it in a shop on level 8 of the Dungeon)

Uhhhhh I've never been a huge fan of 2H swords but I think this one might be okay. The MR- has me a little worried, though.

s - the +2 cloak "Crab Pni" (worn) {rF+ rC+ rCorr Int+3}
(Xom gifted it to you on level 6 of the Dungeon)

Xom being a bro for once in his life also helps

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Prism posted:

I like the ring 'Butt' and I cannot lie.

It's cool, that MiMo of Chei splatted hard after getting paralyzed by Erolcha.

loving Paralysis.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

IronicDongz posted:

I think I've found my favorite song to play Chei characters to.

I'm assuming most people listen to stuff while playing crawl, but maybe not? This is basically my "zone out when I have nothing to do" game.

I generally play to anything fantasy/dungeony from http://tabletopaudio.com/ fits well without being obtrusive.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The correct DCSS playlist is the skitchin playlist from 1994 Sega Genesis megahit Skitchin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd6OmEbGTJY

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Some draconian doll drafts, if anyone wants to chime in their thoughts! The little mouth things are some ideas I'm playing around with; they might not stick around for the final version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think they're cute and a big step forward.

• Locked thread