Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The last Road to... show I watched was great. I think Tanahashi personally made contact with every single fan at the show after the main event, whether it was signing something, slapping hands, kissing babies, or putting someone's hat on his sweaty head and giving it back to them (???).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

And we are live

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It kinda sucks that on this house shows they even edit out some of the themes they have the rights to like Jado and Gedo's for some reason.

I'm also worried about that crowd, I've never seen an NJPW arena so dark. I hope it's just lovely lighting and not that they couldn't draw. I have no idea how they normally do in Okinawa or how often they go out there.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I also had the impression on a previous show that they were playing generic filler music instead of just muting. Maybe since this show isn't full production they just got someone and told them mute all the music to make it easy?

Crowd doesn't seem down from what I can make out from the wider shot, but we should get a better look at intermission, right?

Also, I must say I really enjoyed the first match even if I couldn't tell the two guys apart, really.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah on the major shows they play cheesy free music over themes they don't have the broadcast rights to like Nagata's and Liger's.

On Korakuen shows they'll just mute them but they'll play the ones they have the rights to. On these house shows a lot of poo poo gets muted.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Just got home from work. Have I only missed the first 2 matches?

The crowd doesn't look any smaller than any other "Road to __" show I've seen in the past year or so. They might just be trying a new lighting setup or something. The stage makes it look like a middle school auditorium instead of the gym, kinda neat.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
sad that i missed the young lions. this crowd is louder than usual for a house show

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I actually didn't even intend to wake up and watch this one but being a NJPW fan has totally hosed up my sleep schedule. I often wake up at 4:30ish in the morning now after only about 3 hours of sleep.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Spermgod posted:

sad that i missed the young lions. this crowd is louder than usual for a house show

When I first loaded up the stream, it seemed like I would've been able to "rewind" the stream.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Za Raaaaaaainmaaaaakaaaa!

(and yoshi-hashi I guess, whatever)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng 2m2 minutes ago
The reason why Yoshi-hashi brings small stick today is airplane banned to bring long one on board according to Yoshi-hashi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd love to see the results of a survey conducted among non NJPW fans who were shown this match and asked to guess which one of these six guys recently ran a marathon.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Honma just wants to hit people with his head and rarely gets to do so. Sad really.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

I'd love to see the results of a survey conducted among non NJPW fans who were shown this match and asked to guess which one of these six guys recently ran a marathon.

I'm surprised YTR was up to working. He posted a pic on twitter of the massive blisters on his soles.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone found a good way to watch matches from a particular show consecutively? For whatever reason, I can't use Google Translate and be logged into the website at the same time. Also, I'm late to the party on this but MiSu is amazing.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Has anyone found a good way to watch matches from a particular show consecutively? For whatever reason, I can't use Google Translate and be logged into the website at the same time. Also, I'm late to the party on this but MiSu is amazing.

http://njpwworld.com/series is sorted by event. The links lead to a page of all the matches, like http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00188_1 for WK6. The matches are in order, labeled in the translation in order 0 game, First game, Second game, etc.

Also, in terms of using Google Translate, are you using the one that is built into the website? Toggle at the bottom of that page? I've never had any issue with it.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

http://njpwworld.com/series is sorted by event. The links lead to a page of all the matches, like http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00188_1 for WK6. The matches are in order, labeled in the translation in order 0 game, First game, Second game, etc.

Also, in terms of using Google Translate, are you using the one that is built into the website? Toggle at the bottom of that page? I've never had any issue with it.

I didn't notice that one. Thank you for the help, I'll need to try it out! Can't wait to watch more Bad Rack Whare matches.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh wow, I completely forgot the first round of the NJC is tomorrow morning! 5 AM EST/10 AM GMT. Should be a fun card and I honestly don't know how some of the key matches are going to go. Hope I can watch it all before I leave for work. I'm going to be so loving exhausted tomorrow.

New Japan Cup 2015 in Ota-City General Gymnasium (March 5th)

Card
  • Jushin Thunder Liger, KUSHIDA, Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask IV, Mascara Dorada & Sho Tanaka
  • YOSHI-HASHI vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Togi Makabe vs. Tomoaki Honma - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii) & Kazushi Sakuraba
  • Kota Ibushi vs. Doc Gallows - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale - NEW JAPAN CUP OPENING ROUND

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Does anyone else think Okada VS Fale in the first round is a booking mistake? If it was me I would angle that for the semi finals.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Does anyone else think Okada VS Fale in the first round is a booking mistake? If it was me I would angle that for the semi finals.

If they're not doing it as the Final it's smart to do it as either the Day 1 or 2 main event since it gives them a built main.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Let's go Honma

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

BigRed0427 posted:

I think he beats Fale one on one after getting his mojo back, but then runs into another speed bump in round 2 and loses to Machine Gun.

Who knows how likely it is, but it seems the best in my head and lets them draw out the resurrection of Okada.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think he beats Fale one on one after getting his mojo back, but then runs into another speed bump in round 2 and loses to Machine Gun.

Who knows how likely it is, but it seems the best in my head and lets them draw out the resurrection of Okada.

But once Okada beats Fale that's the end of the feud I think. This seems like something that could be dragged out longer.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
I really, really hope they don't do Okada/AJ again so soon. Or Tanahashi winning

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

But once Okada beats Fale that's the end of the feud I think. This seems like something that could be dragged out longer.

i'd rather they didn't drag that on

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah, tonight feels like a good time to end that feud. This doesn't have to end up going that long I hope.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

For those not watching, Liger just shotei'd Taguchi in the rear end.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Tacos and Honma down, two favourites out early.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I didn't really expect honma to win but I'm still kinda sad. Match was fun as gently caress

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 5, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nagata/Goto was great.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Missed the first half :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

Missed the first half :(

Not that big of a deal, I'd check out Goto/Nagata later more than anything from the first half, and Honma/Makabe if you're down for Honmamania running wild in a fun way.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Nagata/Goto was great.

Blue Chunder.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looks like they're setting up something between the NEVER and NWA champs.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
As long as Ishii gets a Bruce Tharpe jacket out of it I'm happy.

#BizCliz

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They're not using that odd Doc Gallows singles theme anymore he had for the G1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka8prYp-12M

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

EDIT ^^^ Yeah I guess they're just trying to use the generic Bullet Club theme more? I kind of like them consolidating the themes outside of a few members.

And somehow during the whole thing Ishii clobbers a NWA geek and beats them in under 3 minutes.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
God drat, that was a great match, always forget how great Anderson is as a single wrestler.

Also are they using instant replay way more than usual today or is it just me?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Biosys posted:

God drat, that was a great match, always forget how great Anderson is as a single wrestler.

Also are they using instant replay way more than usual today or is it just me?

Who won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Naito, which kinda sucks but eh, was still really good.

• Locked thread