Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

BattleCattle posted:

Good rule: Only pull out the Kaioken if you're confident you'll win before you run out of stamina. Elsewise, you're going to be introduced to the ground while trying to recover.

Alternatively: If you have Super Drain and can just keep stealing your opponents' stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
This game is cool

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Game owns. Pvp owns. Parallel quests own. Weekend ultimate on a spec'd energy user owns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Game owns.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Giant Storm is pretty OP against the AI, at the very least. It does crazy amount of damage with the downside of it being really easy to avoid, but the AI is kinda dumb and will just sit there and take it. Plus, the AoE helps when fighting a bunch of mooks. Got a triple kill with it once, felt good.

Finally got Vegeta to teach me Final Flash, it's not as good as Giant Storm in damage and enemies seem more capable of consistently blocking it. Makes me sad. Drop rate on most things is still annoyingly low. All I want is Chain Destructo-Disc Barrage, game, just loving give it to me, this quest is super annoying to keep replaying.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I just noticed last night that my game doesn't have Pan, GT Goku, or GT Trunks in the select screen even though I have the DLC. Are they supposed to be selectable, or do they not unlock until a certain point in the game?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

-Fish- posted:

I just noticed last night that my game doesn't have Pan, GT Goku, or GT Trunks in the select screen even though I have the DLC. Are they supposed to be selectable, or do they not unlock until a certain point in the game?

Those are part of DLC 1 / Season Pass, aren't they? I don't believe they have been released yet.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Those are part of DLC 1 / Season Pass, aren't they? I don't believe they have been released yet.

On second look you're right, I misread the list of installed DLC.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just did my first fight with my character against a dude playing SS4 Vegeta.

Crushed. :ssj:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

So the golden enemies you get at the end of some quests, is that a one time thing or is a chance to happen or whats up with them?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Just a reminder: Stats on all armour are so minor to the point where it is pointless. You will not notice a difference no matter what you are taking so just dress up your duder anyway you feel like.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

game owns

Evil Canadian posted:

Just a reminder: Stats on all armour are so minor to the point where it is pointless. You will not notice a difference no matter what you are taking so just dress up your duder anyway you feel like.

Yeah, it makes it look like it's a big deal, but in practice, the different is so absolutely negligible, they might as well have not included it.

Except Z-Souls. Those things are pretty dang powerful.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shadowlz posted:

So the golden enemies you get at the end of some quests, is that a one time thing or is a chance to happen or whats up with them?

That's a chance encounter based on meeting the requirements for the optional objectives to the quest.

They don't always trigger which is a pain in the rear end.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
This game ownes, I have to admit I never really watched the show, I have no idea about the story-lines I'm supposed to save nor the characters, most of my info about the setting is derived from other people talking about it or viral meme. But the combat is actually fun while also beeing absolutly over the top hillarious. This combined with the old-school console style town hub, and item menu just gives me the feeling like I'm playing a modern beat'em up version of some ancient console arpg. Love it.

Also I can play a tiny, fat pig-alien, I'm happy.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

That's a chance encounter based on meeting the requirements for the optional objectives to the quest.

They don't always trigger which is a pain in the rear end.

Ah ok thanks. Time to grind that poo poo.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Hey, could I get an add to the Steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/kraven/

As for my own special snowflake, meet Oboe.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got disconnected from a single player server.. Anyone else running into this on PC?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay so a few questions.

My human female has an attack string that goes from a few light attacks to two heavy attacks, the final one launching the opposing player in the air.

Usually I combo a super off this, but a few times my character has teleported behind the opponent on her own after this and kept wailing on them. It's like one of the big teleport attacks from the Budokai Tenkaichi games. I haven't used the jump teleport to do this.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Secondly, are there any supers that are particularly good for chaining off one another?

But yeah, I've enjoyed playing this game way way too much. The highlight of last night was being challenged by another dude and just completely stomping him into the ground with a character that looks like an 11 year old.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Is the PC Xenoverse server down for anyone else, or is it just me? I can still look for mutli-person parallel quests etc, but I can't join the multi-lobby :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

Is the PC Xenoverse server down for anyone else, or is it just me? I can still look for mutli-person parallel quests etc, but I can't join the multi-lobby :(

I get disconnected after every quest on Single mode. It's kinda bullshit..

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay so a few questions.

My human female has an attack string that goes from a few light attacks to two heavy attacks, the final one launching the opposing player in the air.

Usually I combo a super off this, but a few times my character has teleported behind the opponent on her own after this and kept wailing on them. It's like one of the big teleport attacks from the Budokai Tenkaichi games. I haven't used the jump teleport to do this.

That's the rest of the combo. You are canceling the teleport to fire your super. normally, if you keep pressing the last button without moving you'll teleport a couple times beating the poo poo out of them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shadowlz posted:

That's the rest of the combo. You are canceling the teleport to fire your super. normally, if you keep pressing the last button without moving you'll teleport a couple times beating the poo poo out of them.

I like to take the teleport and then catch them on the other end with a super combo rather than bat them back across the stage. It's pretty surprising how much flexibility they give you in combat for cancelling out of strings and such.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Servers are getting pretty hammered right now, yeah. It's first day MMO problems.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You might also be doing the female restricted combo set from Android 18. Haven't seen it enough to know if its alot of back teleporting or not, but it's noticeably different.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I finally got onto the PC Online servers, and the first thing I see is a dude named SWAGLORDMLG666 doing a handstand. Hooray.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

3on3 battles (in side quests) are the loving worse in this game. The A.I. is so bad here - I take perfect Cell and Teen Gohan with me to fight Goku and crew, and the other two guys just sit around losing energy from Yamcha while I'm getting double teamed by the other two. In fact; ALL they seem to do is just sit around, making it always at least 2 on 1. My only missing quests are 3 on 3s, or times where it's me against the world. Is there something I'm missing as to how to get the A.I. to not be idiotic?

My dude, Creamsicle, student of Mr. Satan (he was Nippy, but the servers wouldn't allow that for being a bad word):

Darko fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 27, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Darko posted:

3on3 battles (in side quests) are the loving worse in this game. The A.I. is so bad here - I take perfect Cell and Teen Gohan with me to fight Goku and crew, and the other two guys just sit around losing energy from Yamcha while I'm getting double teamed by the other two. In fact; ALL they seem to do is just sit around, making it always at least 2 on 1. My only missing quests are 3 on 3s, or times where it's me against the world. Is there something I'm missing as to how to get the A.I. to not be idiotic?

it's pretty much Monster Hunter

if you're not Parallel Questing with real people then you just have to deal

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Galick gun spam through bs fights IMO its good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Darko posted:

Set up a room and get some other actual dudes to do it with you.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

is there any sort of bank or storage system in the game? and if not, is your inventory limited to a set amount of items?

what im saying here is i want to collect as many outfits as possible and play dress up while i flex and pose

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't think there's a limit. I send my multiples to random Gokus I see around since you can't send it to someone on your friend's list unless you met up with them in the game and added to the in game friend list.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay so a few questions.

Secondly, are there any supers that are particularly good for chaining off one another?

But yeah, I've enjoyed playing this game way way too much. The highlight of last night was being challenged by another dude and just completely stomping him into the ground with a character that looks like an 11 year old.

I am using a Saiyan female so I can't guarantee combo strings are the same throughout everyone, but for example 2,1,1,1,1 after the intiial blowback if you keep hitting 1 you teleport to the other side of them, hit them again, and then teleport back for the final hit.

However any move that ends with a blowback you can hit the jump button and teleport to where they will be going on the other end for the cost of 2 bars of stamina. So say if you had 4 bars of stamina you could chain together a massive combo by teleporting twice during it.

As for good combo supers, it really depends on what move you are using to blow them back with. The chain of 2,1,2,1,2 ends with a giant punch that has much longer recovery for the enemy than most blowbacks, so you could combo a big bang attack off that whereas it would miss on most string enders.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Do you get better rewards for using less people in a fight, or am I just gimping myself by going solo?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

If anyone still has trouble with that Ginyu mission, stay close to gohan and krillin and attack anyone that touches them, defeat guldo as fast as possible, and you should have no problem clearing it. Avoid following dudes you just rocketed to the other side of the ship.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

New Leaf posted:

Do you get better rewards for using less people in a fight, or am I just gimping myself by going solo?

You get bonus points for being outnumbered that increases your rank. I don't know if better ranks get you more items or anything, though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am now playing as a saibaman in parallel missions and trying to explode on every enemy

just got it off 3 times last round

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

I am now playing as a saibaman in parallel missions and trying to explode on every enemy

just got it off 3 times last round

Chiaotzu would be proud.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Namekians have a really easy infinite. Light > Light > Heavy. Kicks them into the ground and they pop back up. Do the same again, and again, and again.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I hope they let us learn that move some day. My little frieza named Minifridge would love to explode as a combo finisher.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Namekians have a really easy infinite. Light > Light > Heavy. Kicks them into the ground and they pop back up. Do the same again, and again, and again.

Frieza's have a really easy inifinite. if they have been put into knockdown and they're falling you just just light attack to repeatedly backhand them into the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

this seems to work for awhile but then npcs start getting wise and counter poo poo

• Locked thread