Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Kill Warbands. I did my usual thing of "kill every warband I could in a reasonable amount of time that is level 90+, pop XP potion, turn in all cleared Warbands."

It made getting from 95-100 go rather smoothly. I also did it for Helm's Deep when that came out and gained around an entire level for about 45 minutes of work. Thanks for all the excess XP pots over time, Turbine. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Brave New World posted:

Kill two birds with one stone and finish your slayer deeds in West Gondor. You'll get some xp, and earn a few TP in the process.

That's sort of my plan, but the idea of killing 300 more corsairs doesn't exactly thrill me.

E: got to 100 via warbands. Now I can!...um..hmm...

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 11, 2015

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Playing a hobbit guardian is probably the best way to enjoy this game, especially since switching to yellow line. I've been making my way through Goblin Town for the first time ever (it's amazing) and I love rounding up as many goblins and wargs as possible and trying to kill them all.

Ignore the Pain is also the best skill, especially when yellow line to remove more debuffs. Fighting a bunch of wargs and they all howl in unison at me and put on like 5 debuffs then BAM my little dude just screams right back at them then continues to pound their faces all in.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I just checked out the new class armor sets and wow are they underwhelming- it looks like they've been cobbled together from other sets. The Nadhin armor looks good though- It's an interesting idea that the essence armor has less stats overall, but completely customizable stats. It would be awesome to be able to swap essences in and out at will- keep one armor set but be able to use it for different specs.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Good lord, no Addons/mods for this game sorta... hurts :psyduck:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dandywalken posted:

Good lord, no Addons/mods for this game sorta... hurts :psyduck:

I once had a mod that would play pop songs via my instrument, I went into the prancing pony and was playing 80's hits on the lute and got reported, lmao.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

effectual posted:

I once had a mod that would play pop songs via my instrument, I went into the prancing pony and was playing 80's hits on the lute and got reported, lmao.

I had to put files into some folder to play songs. Only a few sounded good from the ones I tried.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Yeah lotro's character music system is awesome and complicated, multiple players can do multipart songs and have them synchronize, you can potentially compose and write your own. I'm sure everyone on silverlode's seen Darlington & crew playing music in the Bree crafting hall before.

The Fat Lute was a website devoted to music in lotro, the original went down and he's obviously not motivated to rebuild it (the placeholder's 2 years old) but they still keep a huge archive of music: http://www.thefatlute.eu/. Some sound good, some don't, some parts depend highly on the instrument you use to play them.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

There's another code giveaway going on for a Starter Pack with Riding, a mount, and some other stuff. If you're F2P this pack gives you the Riding skill account-wide for any toons you have and any you roll up later. I haven't tested it out because I got one from an earlier giveaway, but there are folks on the server saying they successfully got it.

http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-lord-of-the-rings-online-free-starter-pack-giveaway-831.html

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
We've been having fun running lv 100 dungeons over the last few days. Endgame hasn't yet become a grind, but time will tell how it ends up.

I now have two lv100 2A symbols that I'm looking to have made into a champion 1h sword and class item. Is there any nice goon still playing who can help me out?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
What server are you on?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

E: silverlode, look at me go.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 16, 2015

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
My weaponsmith is maxed out, so I can help with that- I'm usually on evenings PST- character name is Cairann. I also have an armorsmith who's either maxed or close to it if anyone on Brandywine needs armor stuff.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Richard M Nixon, aren't you Doodler? Did you transfer from Silverlode since yesterday?

I have a weaponsmith lined up for you if you're still on Silverlode.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I don't know what server I play on, apparently. Not sure what was going on there...

Yeah, I'm on silverlode.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bombhand posted:

There's another code giveaway going on for a Starter Pack with Riding, a mount, and some other stuff. If you're F2P this pack gives you the Riding skill account-wide for any toons you have and any you roll up later. I haven't tested it out because I got one from an earlier giveaway, but there are folks on the server saying they successfully got it.

http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-lord-of-the-rings-online-free-starter-pack-giveaway-831.html

Says I already have this on my account, but in game my RK had a giver box and it gave them the listed items so yeah this code works on existing accounts it would seem.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

bombhand posted:

If you are going to use one of these account make sure you are entering it on the page https://myaccount.turbine.com

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I really want to like the Dol Amroth dailies, but they're so dumb. Making fishing any part of the faction progression is just awful. There also needs to be a way to trade silver tokens for gold- 3 gold a day is grindingly slow, and the ones on the AH are overpriced.

On the other hand, I'm finally utilizing my Captain's tank spec- it makes me basically unkillable up to 7-8ish enemies, and even then it's not guaranteed for them. It's just slow to kill anything.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

I feel you on both points.

I just redid my Guardian's essence armour set to focus solely on tanking, because I finally gave up on the silly idea that I could ever fill a DPS role in group and decided I should just try to be the best little tank I can be. It used to take forever for me to kill anything, especially one-on-one. Now it takes forever and ever, but I pretty much can't die outside of T2 content unless I pull thirty mobs at once, and I'm not finished optimizing. I just wish there were a way to get the level 75 Guardian set bonus on level 100 equipment.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Glass of Milk posted:

I really want to like the Dol Amroth dailies, but they're so dumb. Making fishing any part of the faction progression is just awful.
The only thing worse than making fishing part of the progression is making group content part of the progression.

Oh. Hey. Dol Amroth does that too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It's especially ironic that they'd do that since one of their big excuses for no more dungeons/raids was "people don't like/run group content."

Though they said this after having added the Erebor stuff, where the raids were all just boss battles and the T2C versions were insanely hard compared to any other content they'd released in the previous half-decade. Except maybe ToO T2.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's especially ironic that they'd do that since one of their big excuses for no more dungeons/raids was "people don't like/run group content."

Though they said this after having added the Erebor stuff, where the raids were all just boss battles and the T2C versions were insanely hard compared to any other content they'd released in the previous half-decade. Except maybe ToO T2.

I dunno the blind one was super hard and so were some of the angmar fights

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Edit - Figured it out, I have to deconstruct it at a relic dude and unlock it there. Still wondering about my last question.

Is there a way to un-equip a legendary item from one of my slots? Also, is the first LI weapon you get special or something in that you can't level it without having it equipped? I have a new great club that has way better legacies and the dps matches where my first one is at so I switched over, but it looks like I can't level that original one anymore.

Is there even a point to leveling a LI that I don't play on using up to max level? I'm not sure what to do with my spare now.

ukrainius maximus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 28, 2015

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

ukrainius maximus posted:

Edit - Figured it out, I have to deconstruct it at a relic dude and unlock it there. Still wondering about my last question.

Is there a way to un-equip a legendary item from one of my slots? Also, is the first LI weapon you get special or something in that you can't level it without having it equipped? I have a new great club that has way better legacies and the dps matches where my first one is at so I switched over, but it looks like I can't level that original one anymore.

Is there even a point to leveling a LI that I don't play on using up to max level? I'm not sure what to do with my spare now.

No you can just decon them for an xp rune and some relics. You just have to have it in your inventory make sure its unlocked and then decon the item.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
You get more xp for each one when your slots are all filled. Since it gets expensive to identify all those LIs, I usually just do ones appropriate for my class so you can get legacies when you disenchant.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Level each LI to at least 31, and then decon it for its relics and your choice of which legacy you want to save off of it. Once you understand the system, you'll be leveling a particular LI because you have your eye on one of its legacies.

Personally, I identify/decon almost every single LI I come across. It costs a lot of money up front, but I'm never lacking in relics or shards when I actually need to build a new 1st Ager.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Yes, your first LIs stop advancing if you unequip them, and they're the only ones that do that. There's no sense in leaving it in a slot if you're not going to use it, so you might as well decon it and replace it with something closer to your current level. 31 is the "best" time to deconstruct it in terms of the value of what you get out of it, but remember that any legacy you get off an LI will be level-gated to the next tier up. I'm not 100% sure and don't care to look it up, but say, a level 64 LI will give you a legacy scroll that will work on a level 65 LI, while a level 65 LI will give you a scroll that will work on up to a level 70 LI (or possibly 75). So don't hold onto LI's that you're way past just to get legacy scrolls off them.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Thanks for the info. My first LI just so happens to be level 31 so that works out pretty well. I will deconstruct the poo poo out of that piece of crap, I'm straight clubbing it on my hobbit from here on out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Honestly while you're leveling up you can just take the level 65+ LIs to level 50-60 then decon them unless you're hurting for legacies for some reason. A lot of classes can get a first age class item at level 60 and have it last until 85+ as well since the raw numbers for some class items (champion rune especially) aren't going to offset using a higher level 2nd or 3rd age that lets you spend less points on legacies.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Very true. Mind you, it's usually pretty easy to find someone willing to make you a first-age for free at levels 65, 75, and 85, since the symbols for those are available in skirmish camps. If you were to ask on World chat how much it'll cost you to have someone make you one, there'll often be someone around willing to do it for free just to be helpful.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Does anyone have any recent info on server populations? Someone said on the stream that they're closing a few servers and offering those people free transfers, not free transfers for everyone. So the question is obviously will Silverlode be closed, and if so where will Nazgun vote to go? I imagine Brandywine or Landroval? We're still a few months away but it'd be great if Turbine didn't gently caress this up, then if we as a guild didn't gently caress this up so that we could have even just a dozen people online at level cap again experiencing some content together.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

extra stout posted:

Does anyone have any recent info on server populations? Someone said on the stream that they're closing a few servers and offering those people free transfers, not free transfers for everyone. So the question is obviously will Silverlode be closed, and if so where will Nazgun vote to go? I imagine Brandywine or Landroval? We're still a few months away but it'd be great if Turbine didn't gently caress this up, then if we as a guild didn't gently caress this up so that we could have even just a dozen people online at level cap again experiencing some content together.

I'm happy wherever. I'm still working on getting to cap on my hunter! At 91 but my goal is a level a week so expect me to be there by May.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
Hey guys I havent played this game since like... 2007...

It's cool to see goons still playing and I'm thinking about playing again. Out of the three unlockable classes which is the most fun to play?

edit: player name is Fuladzereh for Nazgun invite

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 4, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm happy wherever. I'm still working on getting to cap on my hunter! At 91 but my goal is a level a week so expect me to be there by May.

I'm also probably not hitting 100 until probably mid summer but honestly everyone should just keep playing at their own turtle pace until the server stuff comes anyway.

Blackdog420 posted:

It's cool to see goons still playing and I'm thinking about playing again. Out of the three unlockable classes which is the most fun to play?

I've played RK to mid levels and just tinkered around on the other two. As is the case for selling new classes in MMOs, all three seem to be extremely versatile. I'm told wardens are fun and arguably one of the best classes but only if you hit the talent cap so to speak, figuring out all of their silly combo things. RKs have a lot of buttons you mostly mash depending on your roll. Beorning is new and might very well be the last class added, so if you have the points to buy it and want to be a bear that seems like the clear choice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm not good at wardens but if you have the patience there's huge potential. Plus it's a hobbit class so that's huge plus.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 3, 2015

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm pretty much chilling until we see what the server transfer stuff ends up being. If it ends up being a free transfer for low pop servers, and we all move, it'd be nice to finish up Central Gondor with people to chat with, maybe run some BBs or old raids or something.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm looking forward to hopefully playing on a very populated Brandywine server by the summer. I don't know what's taking them so long to get the full account server transfer stuff going.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

What's this, new hardware? Hmmm

quote:

Progress is coming along on both the new transfer from launcher feature as well as new hardware setups. Hopefully in a week or two we can post more details on the new server transfer features such as the multiple character moves, the guild disband and re-formation and naming conflict changes.

For now I will say we have at least a couple more months before all of this gets underway. I wanted to get the transfers started towards the closer end of that, but then based on feedback and research into performance concerns, have decided to wait until we have our new hardware in place so as not to cause undue stress on already highly populated worlds. Due to snow and some other set backs we do not expect new hardware to be online until summer. Thus the timeline is pushed back a bit.

For those concerned about notice for server closures. We will be providing at least a couple months notice for players on which servers might close before that happens. We have lots of time and will make sure you have all the information you need to prepare before anything happens.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

I'm looking forward to hopefully playing on a very populated Brandywine server by the summer. I don't know what's taking them so long to get the full account server transfer stuff going.

Do you think there's a chance Brandywine and Landroval will actually be overpopulated after this, or maybe they'll even block them for free transfers forcing the community to make essentially 4 servers at a healthy population instead of the current 2? Technically we could even save Silverlode by convincing everyone to choose it, but without a single active raiding guild or any popular Twitch streamers I can't imagine a single realistic way of that happening.

edit

That's not really too much new news above but it's good they're sticking to their promises and all. Wasn't there a goon kin on Landroval at one point? Tempted to just make a beorning there and start now.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
No clue if there's a goon-sanctioned kin on Landroval, but I've been leveling away on my hobbit guardian and the people I've played with have been pretty nice so far. I like encountering people out and about and teaming up with them if they are game, made a few friends that way. I've also joined a kin with people on during most of my play times, so that's a nice bonus too. If you head over to Landroval, hit me up on Woddi if you ever see me on, I can help out any new folks with some early weapons or some such thing like that. Also I'm a hobbit, and who wouldn't want to make friends with a loving hobbit.

• Locked thread