Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Cloud Walker is drat good. I got mine from a gem chest around the same level. I'd probably run a tank with him, personally. The clones are nice, but don't ablate that much damage.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my new War Chief leveled up soon and try him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
I've been playing this for a few days, and would like some advice on which heroes to focus on. I have the following, all level 37, all blue:

Warrior Monk (***)
Brute+1 (***)
Shadowleaf+1 (**)
Chaplain
Lightning Master
Commando
Emberstar
Cleric
Admiral
Tusked Storm
Ice Mage (**)

Most of their skills are 15/15/10, with a few at 20/20/15. I'm currently spending arena points on Death Knight (very slowly), and will have Phoenix from the crusade tomorrow. After unlocking it, the plan is to focus on ranking up Commando.

I'm also having a hard time deciding whether to use Warrior Monk or Brute as my tank. WM's AoE is very nice, but Brute tends to take less damage.

Thoughts on what team comp to use for campaign and arena?

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Pirates have it all – cool hats, swords, and hooks for hands.

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

I've been playing this for a few days, and would like some advice on which heroes to focus on. I have the following, all level 37, all blue:

Warrior Monk (***)
Brute+1 (***)
>>> Shadowleaf+1 (**)
>>> Chaplain
Lightning Master
>>> Commando
Emberstar
Cleric
Admiral
Tusked Storm
Ice Mage (**)

Thoughts on what team comp to use for campaign and arena?

Bolded the heroes that you should definitely be developing, since you will still be using them very late into the game. You can ignore Chaplain's damage skill (Pilum) and use your money elsewhere, though.

For tanking, Brute seems like your best one right now - he's more reliable than Warrior Monk (since he actually starts in the front and can eat a Commando stun) but warrior monk is still useful, I think. I'm at level 82 and really only use War Chief**** (when people say to work on his SS, they aren't kidding). I have an Admiral*** who is too squishy without the extra star to use for my main teams.

Ice mage is probably really good at your level, but I haven't used her so I can't say that with confidence.

Edit: Got warrior monk and vanguard warrior confused. Definitely go for Brute, since he's a strength tank and so ends up being a lot tougher.

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Niton posted:

On another note: What comps have you guys been using for Super Silencer? I feel like I should be able to do more damage, but I don't know if I want to invest in Rifleman to test my theory out.

On my 830k run, I used:

Iron Hoof (3*, 65)
Savage One (3*, 65)
Shadow Shaman (2*, 64)
Shadowleaf (3*, 65)
Commando (3*, 65)

The easiest answers for me seem to be Rifleman and Psychic Sword, but i'm not really close to having either of them ready. Any discussion would be pretty neat, even if you're lower level!

Most of the top damage teams on Silencer seem to use Rifleman and Savage One. In general, if a raid lets you get away with stacking physical damage, do so! There's a "RANK" button on each of the raid areas that shows you the highest damage dealers - you can use this to gauge how good various heroes are going to be if you develop them. The best people on my server have around 2.7 million, again stacking all physical heroes.

I use this team to get 1.7m damage:

Savage One *** 70 P+1
Arcane Sapper **** 80 P+1
Cloud Walker *** 78 P+2
Rifleman **** 80 P+1
Shadowleaf *** 80 P+2

Note that commando becomes less and less useful the longer a fight is - her primary benefit is the initial haste + stun that lets you take someone out before they can do anything, and that doesn't apply to super silencer. You can try swapping her out for another DPS if you have one of comparable level.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Any suggestions as to what team I should be focusing on?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I know I personally hate fighting Lightning Elemental, so he's probably pretty useful.

Since we're posting teams:
Admiral 2*
Cloud Master 3*
Death Mage 2*
Succubus 3*
Commando 3*

I'm pretty pleased with this one, but I'll probably be swapping in War Chief once I get him leveled up a bit. I just kind of power through Crusade. Looking forward to getting a Brute, but I don't mind renting Team_Evilcat's every day for Crusade fun.

Edit: And of course after I say that I get beat down at 14/15.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 27, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
God Ember Blade is so great once you take him purple. I really hope his pieces are on a decent vendor. His purple skill makes him teleport around (therefore invulnerable) and hit all the enemies with a damage bonus. And he can life leech off that too.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Man, Crusade is going much faster once I started using Commando, Old Curse, Mystic, Death Mage, and Chaplain

Also, I'm about to reach level 80 (79 now). I really need to get my teams in order. Mainly so I know who to focus on due to how many purple items I need:

Arena team and Grand Arena team 1:
Commando 5* (P 3)
Succubus 4* (P 3)
War Chief 4* (P 3)
Old Curse 4* (P 3)
Shadowleaf 3* (P 3)

Grand Arena team 2:
Mystic 5* (P 3)
Death Mage 3* (P 2)
Drunken Master 3* (P 2)
Cloud Walker 3* (P 1)
Iron Hoof 3* (P 2)

Grand Arean team 3:
Fallen Dominion 3* (P 1)
Phoenix 4* (P 1)
Chaplain 3* (P 1)
Lunar Guardian 4* (P 1)
Soul Hunter 3* (P 1)

Other:
Arcane Sapper 3* (P 1)
Frost Mage 3* (P 1)
Wind Master 3* (P)
Savage One 3* (P)
Wandering Spearman 3* (P)
Brute 3* (B 2)
Tusked Storm 2* (P 1)
Psychic Sword 2* (P)
Cleric 1* (B 2)
Deathgore 3* (P)
Admiral 2* (P)
Vanguard Warrior 3* (B 2)
Ice Mage 2* (B 2)
Emberstar 2* (B)
Pilot 2*
Rifleman 3*
Lightning Master 2*
Imperial Executioner 2*
Machinist 2*
Sniper 2*
Shallows Keepr 1*
Psychopath 1*
Necromancer 2*
Vengeance Spirit 4*
Depths Voice 2*
Shadow Shaman 2*
Mountain 2*
Ember Blade 2*

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Every single top 10 arena team has Arcane Sapper, surprised you don't at 80. Also interesting you don't use your 4* VS.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Victis posted:

Every single top 10 arena team has Arcane Sapper, surprised you don't at 80. Also interesting you don't use your 4* VS.

Underleveled. VS is lvl 1 still. Right when I was about to reach 80 pieces I got her from crusade very recently.

Slowly working on sapper (65 max skills)

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I was just curious really. Like everyone says he seems way to hard to use early on so I haven't really explored him, I just assume he's a murderer eventually since he sees so much use.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Basilisk posted:

Most of the top damage teams on Silencer seem to use Rifleman and Savage One. In general, if a raid lets you get away with stacking physical damage, do so! There's a "RANK" button on each of the raid areas that shows you the highest damage dealers - you can use this to gauge how good various heroes are going to be if you develop them. The best people on my server have around 2.7 million, again stacking all physical heroes.

I use this team to get 1.7m damage:

Savage One *** 70 P+1
Arcane Sapper **** 80 P+1
Cloud Walker *** 78 P+2
Rifleman **** 80 P+1
Shadowleaf *** 80 P+2

Note that commando becomes less and less useful the longer a fight is - her primary benefit is the initial haste + stun that lets you take someone out before they can do anything, and that doesn't apply to super silencer. You can try swapping her out for another DPS if you have one of comparable level.

Yeah that's what I use, Rifleman and Savage one, along with tusked and shadow and FD or LG. Rifleman almost always leads my team in damage. A beast. Savage One is really the key though. Just opens up that armor.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I wasn't a fan of Rifleman initially, but he is definitely a beast in certain situations. I think I'm gonna get him to 3* before working on Commando/Phoenix anymore (both just over 4*).

Also, I've got a couple of lowbie heroes I haven't used or put any real XP into yet. Out of the following, anyone have suggestions on one or two to focus on? (I know some of these are good, but I have a lot of heroes and it's getting hard to spread out XP as it is)

Vengeance Spirit
Savage One
Shadow Shaman
Psychopath
Mountain
Sniper

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Daveski posted:

I wasn't a fan of Rifleman initially, but he is definitely a beast in certain situations. I think I'm gonna get him to 3* before working on Commando/Phoenix anymore (both just over 4*).

Also, I've got a couple of lowbie heroes I haven't used or put any real XP into yet. Out of the following, anyone have suggestions on one or two to focus on? (I know some of these are good, but I have a lot of heroes and it's getting hard to spread out XP as it is)

Vengeance Spirit
Savage One
Shadow Shaman
Psychopath
Mountain
Sniper

Vengeance spirit is an Endgame must have PVP and PVE, think Lunar guardian but better and with CC.
Savage one is a good exp sink when you have nothing to level as he is a core member in killing raid.
I heard high level Psycopath is incredibly tanky near the end game and is the perfect counter to Arcane Sapper. Arcane sapper teleports to him instead of your backline due to being a Int hero.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
You pretty quickly hit a point where you don't have enough stamina in the day to do a fraction of what is available.

Should I be focusing on the elites of heroes I'm actually using and the ones I'm striving for? Should I only do normal dungeons once I've hit a point where I need to advance elites?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Malt posted:

You pretty quickly hit a point where you don't have enough stamina in the day to do a fraction of what is available.

Should I be focusing on the elites of heroes I'm actually using and the ones I'm striving for? Should I only do normal dungeons once I've hit a point where I need to advance elites?

The game is pretty generous with free gems from Arena and Booty Caves, I hit up 50 gems/120 stam (the best ratio before it starts scaling up) and that makes it way easier to do whatever. Also there's a TON of heroes that I wouldn't waste stamina on getting stones for.

edit: later on you'll want most stamina for grinding out purple gear parts.

Victis fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 28, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Ember Blade is a Grand Arena buy, RIP Ember Blade. You might be sweet, but you're certainly not better than Cloud Walker, Fallen Dominion and Iron Hoof.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I'm still going to get some amazing use out of him for awhile. Him and War Chief helped bring me into the arena bracket where I'm getting 100 arena currency a day, maybe I'll actually get some of these arena heroes (who am I kidding I'll gold summon them probably).

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...

Basilisk posted:

Bolded the heroes that you should definitely be developing, since you will still be using them very late into the game. You can ignore Chaplain's damage skill (Pilum) and use your money elsewhere, though.

For tanking, Brute seems like your best one right now - he's more reliable than Warrior Monk (since he actually starts in the front and can eat a Commando stun) but warrior monk is still useful, I think. I'm at level 82 and really only use War Chief**** (when people say to work on his SS, they aren't kidding). I have an Admiral*** who is too squishy without the extra star to use for my main teams.

Ice mage is probably really good at your level, but I haven't used her so I can't say that with confidence.

Edit: Got warrior monk and vanguard warrior confused. Definitely go for Brute, since he's a strength tank and so ends up being a lot tougher.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I just spent real money on a 10x gem chest pull and got Death Knight and Old Curse (and a Windrunner). I... couldn't possibly be happier. :boom:

Warm Woolen Pants fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 28, 2015

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

EzEight posted:

Vengeance spirit is an Endgame must have PVP and PVE, think Lunar guardian but better and with CC.
Savage one is a good exp sink when you have nothing to level as he is a core member in killing raid.
I heard high level Psycopath is incredibly tanky near the end game and is the perfect counter to Arcane Sapper. Arcane sapper teleports to him instead of your backline due to being a Int hero.

Thanks, gonna start working on Vengeance Spirit then. I've almost unlocked Lunar Guardian too, hopefully it's not a waste to have both.

And too bad about Ember Blade, but mine is already at 3* and some change so I may still evolve him to 4* after I unlock Cloud Walker. Too many good heroes from the Grand Arena shop.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Daveski posted:

Thanks, gonna start working on Vengeance Spirit then. I've almost unlocked Lunar Guardian too, hopefully it's not a waste to have both.

And too bad about Ember Blade, but mine is already at 3* and some change so I may still evolve him to 4* after I unlock Cloud Walker. Too many good heroes from the Grand Arena shop.

If you have Vengeance Spirit you should not get Lunar Guardian.

VS is a direct upgrade on to LG, LG stops being good at around 70 at that level pvp opponents have enough enchanted gear that the multi hit attacks only spped up their energy regen. Check the ranking boards LG is rarely used.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Small opinion/note: Lunar Guardian is actually a pretty strong candidate for the Phoenix Kha'zix Outland Portal - her ult hits 5 times in total for a decently large amount, adding up to almost as much as someone like Wind Ranger or Succubus. She also remains really strong in PvE and Crusade, where she can frontload her ult, for the same reasons. VS' ult is definitely more powerful in a vaccuum, but the focused, interrupting damage of Lunar's is really powerful in its own way at times.

Niton fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 1, 2015

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
The phoenix is magic immune in egg form too though. Unless it still ticks down despite popping the magic immune message.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

EzEight posted:

VS is a direct upgrade on to LG, LG stops being good at around 70 at that level pvp opponents have enough enchanted gear that the multi hit attacks only spped up their energy regen. Check the ranking boards LG is rarely used.

I wouldn't say LG is a waste. LG is great in the beginning/mid, tails off a bit in the 70s and then picks it up again at the end, end game. Just because VS is a bit better doesn't mean LG isn't good. You need a stable of good units for things like grand arena and hard crusade, which should be coming this week.

Daveski posted:

Apparently Ember's power doesn't scale well with increased *, meaning the difference between 3* and 4* is minimal, relatively speaking.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If I just snagged 2* Death Mage, who should I work on in grand arena?

My decent tanks:
Death Knight
War Chief

Phys DPS:
Ember Blade
Leaves Shadow
Commando
Silencer

Caster:
Phoenix
Death Mage
Old Curse
Emberstar
Succubus

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Zotix posted:

If I just snagged 2* Death Mage, who should I work on in grand arena?
You should probably 3* Death Mage, or even 4* her. She is so good in so many areas of the game. Cloud Walker is another great option if you want to focus more on physical trials & raids.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Well my go to team for nearly everything that isn't physical immune is War Chief, Silencer, Ember Blade, Commando, and Leaves Shadow. I'm thinking of going for Cloud Walker to replace Ember Blade, more so than getting Death Mage to 3-4* because of how much I use the above team.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Go figure, I'm 70, I pull a Lunar Guardian, level her up to support my team because I don't have VS, and then I pull a VS last night. Welp!

So much EXP needed, so little time.

Death Mage will carry you through Crusades once DK can't anymore, that's her main use, but she's good at dealing out a lot of damage if you can get her ult off.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

EzEight posted:

Yeah... I have 75/80 shards for LG at this point, so I'm gonna unlock her anyway. Oh well, I'm sure I can use her in Grand Arena at least.

commish posted:

Apparently Ember's power doesn't scale well with increased *, meaning the difference between 3* and 4* is minimal, relatively speaking.

If Ember Blade doesn't scale well then I guess I'll keep him at 3* for now, although with the extra login shards for the next two days it makes it even more tempting. He has great synergy with War Chief - the life steal combined with his invincible purple attack has turned the tide of many PvP battles for me. Still gonna finish Cloud Walker first and probably Iron Hoof too.

Other commentary - I evolved Rifleman to 3* and he's a beast in raids and against any team that is tank-heavy. I didn't care for him so much early on, but with his purple skill he's pretty drat good physical DPS.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Cloud Walker is pretty nuts and I would encourage everyone to get him unless it leads to him being nerfed. I'm pretty sure his ult can single handedly nuke the egg in the phoenix portal and his clones can tie up the guild raid tree boss that knocks away melees.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Tequila posted:

Cloud Walker is pretty nuts and I would encourage everyone to get him unless it leads to him being nerfed. I'm pretty sure his ult can single handedly nuke the egg in the phoenix portal and his clones can tie up the guild raid tree boss that knocks away melees.

Yea, someone in the guild has a low level Cloud Walker that I used for the Crusade last night, it let me push through all 15 battles on my first time in there. Really showed me how much I need to pull a tank that isn't Admiral. Picked up Commando though who is as insane as everyone has said.

In the guild as Cairo right now, but will be renaming once the cooldown is up to Cinara SA

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cinara posted:

Yea, someone in the guild has a low level Cloud Walker that I used for the Crusade last night, it let me push through all 15 battles on my first time in there. Really showed me how much I need to pull a tank that isn't Admiral. Picked up Commando though who is as insane as everyone has said.

In the guild as Cairo right now, but will be renaming once the cooldown is up to Cinara SA

Thank you for your business. :10bux:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Reached level 80.

Time rift difficulties 1-4 were a cake-walk.
Difficulty 5 doesn't mess around. I can't even get past the first wave.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Cinara posted:

Admiral really is a lovely tank. Cleric is the next best for a quick upgrade and then war chief.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
Well, when you get to orange apparently Admiral jumps to the top of tanks again, but there's a big gap between the beginning of the game and the endgame

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
I've run into random Admirals that were extremely durable. Not sure what was going on with them.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Starting to work on Vengeance Spirit, after realizing how good she is.

Going for level 1 with no skills to 80 with maxed skills is going to suck.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tequila posted:

I've run into random Admirals that were extremely durable. Not sure what was going on with them.

Yeah, I feel like my Admiral is a lot more durable than my War Chief at level 48 Blue+2.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
That's true. As soon as you purple War Chief though, it's a radical difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Got Death Mage from Crusade today! Super lucky pull that hopefully can carry me a long ways having it this early.

Also, should I spend all my Crusade points to evolve Commando, buying refreshes or should I pick up another hero first?

• Locked thread