Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Yep. Will be interesting to see if any movie sells well.
It truly restores my faith in humanity to see people nobly burning their cash on multiple copies of poo poo indie moves so we can get to the next game in the queue faster. God bless you :worship: 'saints of modern times'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wasteland came and went in the space of two minutes or less. Currently Battle Isle Platinum at 75% off and SpaceCom (whatever that is) also at 75% off.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Call Me Charlie posted:

X-Wing half off gone

I completely missed it, which wasn't a big deal as I already had it, but I am very surprised that anything Lucas Arts is on this sale.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Banished on sale now as the fresh game. 11th Hour got a few more copies to go.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finally got around to trying the Tex Murphy games (specifically Under a Killing Moon), and good lordy who thought analogue mouse movement was a good idea? The writing's fun though :allears:.

It would be nice if they remade the older Tex Murphy games with the Tesla Effect interface, I really struggle with the old movement system especially when looking up or down.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
The news that NOLF won't ever get released again has seriously ruined my day. :(

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

NadaTooma posted:

The news that NOLF won't ever get released again has seriously ruined my day. :(

Technically its not "NOLF won't ever get re-released" its "The party (Warner Bros, in this case) that seems to hold the copyright isn't willing to put time/effort/money into re-releasing it right now."

Which does likely mean a very long time but I never say never :colbert:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

More like Warner Bros. doesn't want Night Dive, a third party studio, to put 100% of the time, money, and effort into re-releasing it.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Kibayasu posted:

Which does likely mean a very long time but I never say never :colbert:

Fortunately I still have the original CDs, but the thought of all those bug fixes, and running nicely on windows 7 and 8 with no tweaks, and sitting there glowing nicely on my GOG bookshelf... it's just a real :smith: moment for me. This was literally the only game I was going to allow myself to buy in 2015, since otherwise I was putting myself on a Steam/GOG diet. Sounds silly I realize, but I've had too much bad news in my personal life lately, and this little tidbit was just the cherry on top of a poo poo day.

I hope very much that you're right. I think I'll hunt down the CD and reinstall when I get home.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and Grimrock 2 are up now, both 50% off.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Saoshyant posted:

Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and Grimrock 2 are up now, both 50% off.

Gone already. Fastest sell-out so far I think.

Dark Reign & Metrocide now.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

dammit why must these sales occur when I'm broke. :argh:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Prenton posted:

Ah. this year's Jack Keane 2 is going to be one of the movies, isn't it?

Hogs Of War isn't moving at all.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

JustJeff88 posted:

Hooray for big corporations of soulless pricks making GBS threads on gaming history because they are too busy ruining the world - thanks assholes. I have a legitimate copy of NOLF2 but pirated the poo poo out of the first one and Contract J.A.C.K., even though it is crap. If they don't care enough to let the game be sold, then I don't care about respecting their IP rights or whatever.

Keep in mind that Night Dive may never shell out to rerelease System Shock 1 because it's so widely pirated and easy to download.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I already have Stronghold Crusader HD. Should I still get Stronghold HD?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Uh... didn't we already have Little Big Adventure 2 go through the sale last night?

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

The MSJ posted:

I already have Stronghold Crusader HD. Should I still get Stronghold HD?

I like it for the European Middle Ages feel. You'll miss some features of Crusader, but it's pretty much the same game.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I thought that GOG had fixed the bugs with the search function and the updated games indicator, but this does not seem to be the case (at least today).
That button that filters "new and updated" vs all games, does absolutely nothing, and the updated games number has been stuck for days (I've since made some purchases and some of my existing games have been updated). Also the Library search AJAX function apparently looks up hidden (description) fields too, so putting something like "Myst" in it returns about 30 irrelevant titles, which presumably have "mystery" somewhere in their description.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

AbstractNapper posted:

I thought that GOG had fixed the bugs with the search function and the updated games indicator, but this does not seem to be the case (at least today).
That button that filters "new and updated" vs all games, does absolutely nothing, and the updated games number has been stuck for days (I've since made some purchases and some of my existing games have been updated). Also the Library search AJAX function apparently looks up hidden (description) fields too, so putting something like "Myst" in it returns about 30 irrelevant titles, which presumably have "mystery" somewhere in their description.

The new and updated filter works fine for me most of the time, sometimes a game will get "stuck" as updated. You're right about the search, hadn't noticed that before! Then again, I don't really have enough games to be in need of a search function.

And there is Ether One, once more on sale, teasing me...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

God drat Tie Fighter went quickly. I was able to get a copy of it though.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Who is actually buying these incredibly lovely looking movies.

edit: Wizardry 6+7 :whatup:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gilok posted:

edit: Wizardry 6+7 :whatup:

Valiant souls clearing the way for the games behind it :patriot:.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

drat it :argh:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's that Gabriel Knight remake right now. 60% off. Did anyone here actually play it? How is it?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gilok posted:

Someone has to take the plunge for the rest of us.

:siren: Also hurry and buy Freedom Planet RIGHT NOW if you don't have it already, it rules! :siren:

e: also Gex went super fast, glad I was able to catch it before it disappeared in a minute flat

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 3, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Where are people getting all this "gently caress WB" from?

Reading that article, WB found their part of the rights, said "Yes we'd love to do this with you! ( and even apologized and said "Yes we'd still love to do this with you!" after the legal team got confused and didn't know they were in communication with the games team. ), and it was only after they realized Night Dive wasn't going to get anywhere did they shut them out.

Fox and Activision are the two companies who said "Yeah we probably own a part of the rights, but it's physical and locked up somewhere and we don't care enough to check. Be warned though if you do try and do this we will go check, and if we find out we own them we will sue you/stop the game development."

Why all the WB hate for telling Night Dive it wasn't going to happen, when Fox/Activision are the ones who made it not happen.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rookersh posted:

Where are people getting all this "gently caress WB" from?

Reading that article, WB found their part of the rights, said "Yes we'd love to do this with you! ( and even apologized and said "Yes we'd still love to do this with you!" after the legal team got confused and didn't know they were in communication with the games team. ), and it was only after they realized Night Dive wasn't going to get anywhere did they shut them out.

Fox and Activision are the two companies who said "Yeah we probably own a part of the rights, but it's physical and locked up somewhere and we don't care enough to check. Be warned though if you do try and do this we will go check, and if we find out we own them we will sue you/stop the game development."

Why all the WB hate for telling Night Dive it wasn't going to happen, when Fox/Activision are the ones who made it not happen.

Nobody put any effort into figuring out who owns what, WB blocked Night Dive's attempt at trademark and gave them the definite no (on both publishing or partnering)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

There's that Gabriel Knight remake right now. 60% off. Did anyone here actually play it? How is it?

Awful. Just play the original.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Do go on, please.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Do go on, please.

A dude in the adventure games thread went on a whole smear while playing it. That's the first part. It's just really super bad in every way.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

The Rock Paper Shotgun Wot I Think on the Gabriel Knight remake is worth a read.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I was very happy to see Rayman Origins go so quickly as it is a remarkable game and Legends is even better, though Legends is locked behind the mortal sin that is Origin. I own Origins on GOG, 3DS and Wii and I have Legends on PC and Wii U - that is how bloody good these games are.

I know that they did not meet Ubisoft's lofty (read: avaricious, unrealistic, pie-in-the-sky) sales expectations and we will probably never see another like them, but I am glad that they pushed 2 out across so many platforms before they went back to making Assassin's Creed 4.396444444... or whatever.

By the way, I know that Origins and Legends were made by Ubisoft Montpellier in France and that Assassin's Creed is made by Ubisoft Montréal in Québec - my point stands.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I was very happy to see Rayman Origins go so quickly as it is a remarkable game and Legends is even better, though Legends is locked behind the mortal sin that is Origin. I own Origins on GOG, 3DS and Wii and I have Legends on PC and Wii U - that is how bloody good these games are.

I know that they did not meet Ubisoft's lofty (read: avaricious, unrealistic, pie-in-the-sky) sales expectations and we will probably never see another like them, but I am glad that they pushed 2 out across so many platforms before they went back to making Assassin's Creed 4.396444444... or whatever.

By the way, I know that Origins and Legends were made by Ubisoft Montpellier in France and that Assassin's Creed is made by Ubisoft Montréal in Québec - my point stands.

Your point would stand better if you weren't confusing EA's digital store with Ubisoft's uPlay store :v:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Kibayasu posted:

Your point would stand better if you weren't confusing EA's digital store with Ubisoft's uPlay store :v:

Ha! I knew that something was wrong even as I typed that. I just had to reinstall Origin, so that is probably why that was in my head, plus I was talking about Rayman Origins.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Testekill posted:

drat it, I missed this. I managed to snag X-Wing yesterday and was hoping to catch Tie Fighter as well. Hopefully it'll pop up again.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

When the hell am I going to have the time to find out whether Battle Worlds Kronos is any drat good? No time to think about that, it's only $4.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

doctorfrog posted:

When the hell am I going to have the time to find out whether Battle Worlds Kronos is any drat good? No time to think about that, it's only $4.

I actually bought it at release because it reminded me of Advance Wars, but on hexes, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

doctorfrog posted:

It's kind of slow (unrelated to the TBS part), but it seemed pretty fun when I played it.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
How likely is it that X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter or X-Wing Alliance will come up as part of this (or have I already missed them)? I already have X-Wing and Tie Fighter but I want the complete set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Magnus Praeda posted:

How likely is it that X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter or X-Wing Alliance will come up as part of this (or have I already missed them)? I already have X-Wing and Tie Fighter but I want the complete set.

probably pretty high but at a very slight (10%?) discount, and even then it'll run out before you have a chance to snipe a copy.

If you want it just buy it